For my 26th birthday, I had thought about doing a blog post on bad vintage birthday cards. However, turns out that while finding terrible vintage holiday cards isn’t much of a challenge, this wasn’t the same with birthday cards. So realizing that such search would take forever, I decided to go with another cake post. After all, with the existence of Cake Wrecks, out there I have a lot to go with Besides, I had plenty left over from last year’s birthday cake post, which got a rather great reception. Now when you order a birthday cake, you always expect everything about it to be right. But sometimes this isn’t the case. In my last birthday cake post, I had a lot of cakes that range from age inappropriate, outright creepy, unintentionally dirty, decorated by people with no understanding of following directions, and others. So for your reading pleasure, here are a treasure trove of more disastrous birthday cakes. Some of these might not be safe for work, by the way.
- Seems like this person’s loved ones aren’t giving warm wishes.
Let’s hope the recipient isn’t turning 5. Because that would be bad. Still, like the rainbow color on this, though.
2. When you have someone in your life turning 50, it’s great to give them some support.
However, this is not what I had in mind. So I suggest that you give Lori some padding, too? Seriously, why?
3. If your boy is into the Avengers, a cupcake cake of Thor’s hammer is sure to be right for the occasion.
Then again, maybe this family should’ve went with Iron Man. I think a cake of Thor’s hammer may not turn out like the parents intended.
4. A monkey cake is always great for a small child’s party. Can’t have anything go wrong with that.
Yes, I know monkeys can eat bananas. Yes, I know that they do gross things. However, this monkey cake shouldn’t have it holding a banana at its crotch.
5. Speaking of little kids, this Barney cake should be perfect for any preschooler’s birthday party.
Yes, this is a very inappropriate Barney cake which will make a little girl disappointed. However, I think this is great since it makes an annoying purple dinosaur into a pink Godzilla on a rampage. It’s wonderful.
6. Of course, we all know that someone’s 16th birthday is a milestone.
Yes, I know that being 16 makes it legal to drive. However, 16 is also the age of sexual consent in some states as well. So “legal” here can be rather non-specific, which is kind of creepy.
7. Make sure the balloons look appropriate when you buy a birthday cake for Dad.
Had no idea that balloon placement could make things seem more inappropriate than they should be. Still, wonder if the family has the balls to use this one.
8. When you can’t draw something, use a decal.
I’m sure this girl wouldn’t appreciate a Denver Broncos logo on her cake. This assuming that she lives outside Colorado.
9. For a kid at any age, a dog birthday cake is sure to lift people’s spirits.
Apparently, this dog cake seems like a clinically depressed aardvark for some reason. Not sure why. Is there such a thing as canine Prozac?
10. Sometimes there are so many ways to misspell a name.
I believe the boy’s name is supposed to be “Patrick” not “Parik-Shit.” Let’s hope this kid is too young to read so he won’t ask what “shit” means.
11. For young girls, you can’t go wrong with a Disney princess cake.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t think a little girl is going to go for a birthday cake depicting Belle with Botox injections. Seriously, this cake is utterly terrifying even though it shouldn’t be.
12. Yes, turning 50 can be a major stepping stone in someone’s life.
Great, this cake has a diseased foot on it which really disgusting. Makes me want to lose my appetite or puke. Not sure which.
13. For the rock guitarist in your life, a cake with an electric guitar is where it’s at.
This guitar seems rather phallic for some reason. Not sure if it’s supposed to be. Still, let’s hope this one isn’t used for a kid’s birthday party. And leave it at that.
14. Apparently, somebody really has it in for Beth.
I’m sure it’s supposed to be “Beth.” I don’t think the name includes a “c.” Still, let’s she doesn’t take it too personally.
15. Happy Birthday, Mary. Oh, wait, it’s Sean’s birthday. Not Mary’s.
Seems like somebody got their birthdays mixed up. Luckily, the decorators managed to correct it with some bright green icing. Hope it makes Sean happy.
16. A birthday cake of a smiley face flower will brighten anyone’s day.
But if it’s a one-eyed smiley face flower, it’s bound to give some little kids nightmares. Seriously, that’s incredibly freaky and disturbing.
17. Hopefully, nothing will go wrong with this monkey cake.
Uh, maybe getting a monkey cake for your kid’s first birthday probably isn’t a good idea. Seriously, that monkey looks rather terrifying if you ask me.
18. With this birthday cake, it’s Superman to the rescue.
Yes, I know that Superman is supposed to be all heroic as well as fly in to save people. However, I’m not sure if having a burning building on a birthday cake should emphasize that. Don’t ask me why someone thought this was a good idea.
19. Happy birthday, Don, and say goodbye to Dora the Explorer and all her friends.
I guess the hunter already shot Dora and her buddies are dragging her away. Yeah, you get such hunting accidents like these. But maybe this bunch shouldn’t have been in the woods at this time, too.
20. Excuse me, but can anyone tell me who Adam with Blue Flowers is?
Well, at least they got the blue flowers on the cake. Still, did they have to spell it out on the icing? Seriously, it’s kind of distracting.
21. Whoever this cake is for, let’s hope she doesn’t take it personally.
Is it supposed to be “Cali Girl?” Still, I wonder who’s receiving it understands what a “call girl” is. If she does, she’ll probably be pissed.
22. Happy Birthday, Cody, and take good care of your brains.
A brain on a cake? Now that’s gross. Makes you wonder if this guy is a fan of The Walking Dead. Then again, it’s implied that he’s seven.
23. Nothing makes a happy birthday than a cake with an ashtray full of cigarettes.
I don’t know about you, but I tend to see the sight of an ashtray as depressing as it is disgusting. As a cake, I see it no differently.
24. Seems like Jason is a real jerk and no one seems to make that a secret.
Yes, just rub it in, I tell you. Wonder why Jason didn’t do anything for the other person’s birthday. Then again, he’s probably an ungrateful asshole to get a cake like this.
25. Guess this cake is for an old guy who’s not well-endowed.
Well, at least this cakes honest. But did they have to put it on a cake? Wonder if this birthday boy drives a Hummer or tries to compensate. Still, at least this one has some candy on it.
26. Relax, guys, it just so happens that his name is Dick and that he likes tools.
However, I can see why a cake like this might make some guys squirm. Yeah, the mention of “Dick” surrounded by tools could do that for them.
27. For young girls who like fairy tales, this frog prince cake will do nicely for their birthday.
Of course, writing on a cake isn’t the best way to ask for a spell check. Seriously, it’s going to a family later for some girl’s birthday. “Plese Prooffreed This Kake” should not be on there.
28. When it comes to birthday cakes, you can’t go wrong with a mustache, assuming it’s for a guy.
This mustache cake would be perfectly appropriate for a man’s birthday. However, this is for a 30-year-old woman named Annie. Let’s just say women don’t like being seen having mustaches.
29. Nothing makes a great birthday cake than one of gummy worm infested skeletons in the ground.
Because if you want to celebrate a 9-year-old’s birthday, then you have to find some way to remind them about their inevitable mortality. And how their bodies will eventually decay and be infested with bugs. Very disgusting to think about it.
30. Nothing says “happy birthday” than a cake reminding that you’re engaging in destructive health habits.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t think the term “alcoholic in training” is a compliment. That decal of a woman in athletic gear just seems to make it more absurd.
31. Seems like Tinkerbell messed with the wrong side of the Force.
No, Tink, you don’t want to mess with Darth Vader. He’s not a nice guy and doesn’t tolerate mischief whatsoever. Also, that lightsaber will kill you if he swings it at you.
32. Sorry to annoy parents, but I had to post this Barney cake.
Hey, I didn’t say it was a cake of Barney doing anything nice. Rather this is him flipping the bird like he would in traffic. As the song says, “I fuck you, you fuck me, you’d be shocked of my attorney’s fee…”
33. For a little girl’s birthday, you can’t go wrong with a pony cake.
I don’t know about you but this pony looks as if it’s been impaled on the side and is now sinking in some swamp. Not a very happy sight. Poor thing.
34. This family tried to get a cake like an newspaper for their 80-year-old grandpa. Hope that went well.
I don’t think this is what they had in mind. But I’m sure they would have to do. Still, doesn’t seem like a great newspaper to me. The words are written along the columns.
35. For strong girls who love Disney, I suppose a Brave birthday cake would be appropriate.
And it seems that this cake depicts Princess Merida on clean up duty. Or are those turds supposed to be foliage. Still, someone better explain themselves because it seems that Merida has just stepped in some large pile of cow manure.
36. I suppose any boy would surely love having a Buzz Lightyear cake for their birthday.
Okay, that’s bound to give 3-year-olds nightmares. Buzz Lightyear wasn’t meant to haunt people’s dreams. But I think this decorator sees him differently for some reason.
37. Those who were preteens and teens in the last decade might remember Miley Cyrus as Hannah Montana.
Seems to have looked a lot creepier than I remember. And they thought she’d went on the deep end when she did her performance at the VMAs or in that “Wrecking Ball” video.
38. Nothing makes a better birthday cake than one with lots of green icing on it.
This cake looks so messed up that I can barely read the words on it. Seriously, it looks as is someone puked green on it.
39. Nothing says “happy birthday” than a cake engulfed in flames.
Not sure if I think a cake in flames is appropriate for someone’s birthday. Still, even for flames, these are pretty lame.
40. Seems like who ordered this cake may not have high opinions of Dave and Steve.
Guess Dave on this cake might be a little light in the loafers. And for all I know, Uncle Steve might be on some sex offender list somewhere. Let’s hope they’re not in a relationship.
41. For a birthday cake, you can’t do better than with a bottle of Jack Daniels.
To be fair, this is for someone who is 25. Still, A bottle of Jack Daniels as a cake like that seems kind of depressing if you really think about it. Seems like Sam might need help.
42. Happy Birthday, Dick. I’m sorry, I mean Matt. We’re just screwing with you.
Too bad, already written down. Should’ve ordered a cake with someone who knows how to follow directions. Now that seems cruel.
43. When you turn 40, sometimes you feel that your life is going down the toilet.
Well, on the bright side, this doesn’t seem like a hard cake to make. Still, why they have to include the turds? That’s gross.
44. When you’re getting old, you might feel like you’re having a crisis.
Hope this person isn’t going through a midlife crisis. Or a health crisis. Still, not sure if you want that on a birthday cake.
45. Of course, a lot of girls would adore a Barbie birthday cake.
Well, Ryan can be a girl’s name. However, how many girls named Ryan do you know? Exactly. Still, I know a few guys named Ryan I went to school with though.
46. Nothing makes a little girl’s dream like a birthday cake of Princess Chewbacca.
Yes, this is Chewie in a dress. And yes, it’s like having the Beauty and the Beast in the same persona. Hey, laugh it up, fuzzball.
47. Nothing makes a better birthday cake for an 8-year-old than one of the Black Death.
To be fair, this was made on purpose in light of a popular TV show in Britain. Still, Americans might not understand and think it’s gross. I hope one of professors doesn’t use a cake like that for his son’s birthday.
48. If you were around during the 2000s, you might remember the Jonas Brothers. Here’s a cake of them.
49. When you want to have your birthday cake in a different language, maybe you shouldn’t order it retail.
Whoever got this one should’ve ordered a blank cake and put the Chinese characters on it themselves. C’mon, what are the chances that a cake decorator in retail knows any Chinese?
50. Sometimes when you have two kids with birthdays and can only afford one cake, they might as well have to share.
Hope this cake doesn’t give any indication of how the Philadelphia Eagles were doing that season. I mean Eeyore isn’t the most sunny character from Winnie the Pooh. Still, must suck for siblings to share a cake. They should’ve went generic.
51. You can’t have a great birthday without a cake of a Chipoltle burrito.
Of course, right now you probably wouldn’t want a Chipoltle burrito cake for your birthday. Now that you think about it, with the E. Coli and Novovirus outbreaks, you don’t want to go anywhere near one.
52. Of course, clowns tend to be a popular birthday cake motif, especially for kids.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t think “clown massacre” is a great theme for a birthday cake. In fact, I don’t think it’s a great theme for any cake. This is horrifying.
53. A lot of 21st birthday cakes have drinking, this is the cake that expresses how some feel the day after.
Actually, waking up with a hangover isn’t any fun. So why have a cake depicting one, I have no idea. Still, least it’s better than having a cake of the movie.
54. When it comes to birthday cakes, you can’t go wrong with Harry Potter.
Seems like this Harry Potter cake has an acne outbreak and is totally emo teen mode. Also, where the hell is his lightning bolt scar on his forehead? Must be under the bangs.
55. When it comes to Barbie doll cakes, they’re always decked in pretty dress. Not sure about this one.
Oh, my God, this Barbie has a beard. Guess this was originally for a girl and was made to look as manly as possible. Now it seems like some transvestite in a white frilly dress. Probably a lumberjack.
56. For the little boy who loves trains, a Thomas the Tank Engine birthday cake is just the ticket.
I don’t know about you. But it looks as if Thomas might be going off the rails. Is there any form of anger management at Shining Time Station? Because his rail rage might cause some accidents.
57. Happy 8th Birthday, Billy. Oh, wait, congratulations, Joe.
Seems like the decorator assumed that no one will notice. Please don’t mind the stuff they crossed out.
58. Of course, do you remember the time when Justin Bieber was popular? Still, there’s a birthday cake for him.
Never cared for Justin Bieber. Think he’s a scrawny twit if you ask me. Seriously, kill it. Kill it with fire.
59. Happy Birthday, Theresa. Here’s a cake you can surely sniff up to.
A coke hat cake? Seriously, that’s crazy. Oh, and it includes ecstasy. Okay, why does this cake even exist is my question. I mean why?
60. For her birthday, let no grass grow under her feet.
When they say, “Let no grass grow under her feet,” it’s usually not a compliment. Also, this cake is filled with some grammatical errors as well.
61. Now this Thomas the Tank Engine carnival birthday cake is great for any kid’s party.
Uh, did anyone get the memo that Peter has a nut allergy? I don’t think that’s something you put on cake. Not sure if this resulted in Peter breaking in hives.
62. For someone’s birthday, a bumblebee cake is always nice.
However, a cake with a bumblebee being pursued by a flamethrower, not so much. Seriously, why does this even exist? Why?
63. Happy Birthday to Heather and Susan, but more emphasis on Susan.
Yeah, I think this cake decorator has no idea how to follow directions. Also, I think this birthday cake is bound to make Heather feel disappointed.
64. Happy birthday and sorry about the soap.
Yeah, I think the soap is a bad idea. Still, let’s not hope it’s in the cake. That would be bad. Really bad.
65. Happy birthday, Dave, and remember to get a colonoscopy.
Then again, that’s a cigar burning on his butt. Which begs the question, why the hell does this cake even exist? Seriously, why?
66. Those who love Ghostbusters will adore this birthday cake.
Well, at least they’re honest. Still, that message, “you’re not special” gotta hurt. You really don’t want that on your birthday cake.
67. Celebrate your birthday with a cake of Lil’ Wayne.
Okay, I know the guy’s a rapper. But this one makes him seem like he’s a straight up horror movie villain. And the licorice dreads don’t help at all.
68. Nothing makes a better first birthday cake than one from Family Guy?
I know this was probably the parents’ idea. But still, Family Guy is a show for adults with adult jokes. A monkey cake would make more sense.
69. When it comes to little girl birthday cakes, you can’t go wrong with a castle.
I don’t know about you but those towers don’t look right. To me they kind of resemble a trio of flowery dildos. Definitely not what you’d want on a cake for a little girl’s birthday.
70. Those who grew up with The Magic School Bus will enjoy this birthday cake of Ms. Frizzle.
Wait a minute, that’s supposed to be of musical artist Tori Amos. My bad. And a very bad rendition of her, too. Seriously, that doesn’t look right.
71. Of course, I couldn’t do a birthday cake post without including one of My Little Pony.
Well, this cake just says “My Little Pony,” so the birthday girl in this situation will have to use her imagination. Which is kind of a shame because the decorator didn’t know how to follow directions.
72. This 14-year-old girl’s birthday cake will bring you to tears.
Or rather, tears of, wait, is that supposed to be blood? Sure looks like it. So why did anyone think this was a good idea for a birthday cake? Why?
73. Since Frozen is all the rage, I just had to include a birthday cake of Queen Elsa.
Now that hardly resembles Elsa at all. More like a cartoony Queen Marie Antoinette dressed like Elsa for Halloween. They should’ve used a decal instead.
74. Happy 35th Birthday and sorry, I can’t draw a unicorn.
Well, I have to admire the decorator’s honesty. Then again, they might just have been repeating what the customer ordered. Either way, doesn’t look great on a cake.
75. Girls who love Disney princesses will surely adore this Cinderella birthday cake.
I’m afraid Cinderella hasn’t aged very well. That, or she’s been having a lot of plastic surgery over the years that has gone horribly wrong. I’m not sure which.
76. Happy birthday, and by the way, you’re fat.
Yeah, I think having “Happy Birthday Chubby” on a cake is bound to cause someone to have either a lower self-image or lose their temper. Please, don’t try to risk either.
77. All what this cake should say is, “Happy Birthday.”
Seems like someone took some customer’s directions a bit more literal than they should. Seriously, all they had to write was “Happy Birthday.” How hard could it be?
78. For small children, you can’t go wrong with an Elmo birthday cake.
To be fair, the birthday girl in this situation was sharing a birthday with her dad. However, it does seem like Elmo’s being naughty at a strip club. Seriously, couldn’t they just put a pickup truck for God’s sake?
79. All right, who the hell is L Hyphen A (With Sprinkles)?
Seems like this cake decorator put down exactly just what the customer ordered. Just not how they wanted it. That’s how you get cakes like these.
80. A guy who likes action movies would always like a birthday cake with Chuck Norris.
This cake is so wrong on so many levels. For one, that doesn’t look like Chuck Norris. Second, the grammar is horrible. Oh, that’s supposed to be “doesn’t cry”. Well, the spacing’s too close. Third, an assault weapon, really?