Let’s face it, advertising is everywhere. Wherever you go and whatever you do, you’re still bound to see some kind of ad promoting some kind of product or service. After all, a business has to sell somehow and some way. Even in a rural area, whenever you’re traveling, chances are you’ll see all kinds of billboard signs advertising local businesses and services nearby. Some may even have public service announcements or political messages. Some may just promote products like fast food or beer. But whenever you travel, you’ll still see them. Nevertheless, you’ll come across some billboards with unique designs and funny slogans. And that’s where I come in. So for your reading pleasure, I give you a treasury of billboards that won’t make you bored to tears. Some of these may not be safe for work by the way.
- Come to Pedro’s south of the border.
Not sure if using “sausage” is a good idea. Oh, I get it, it’s supposed to be “saw such.” My mistake.
2. Best to drive carefully through Branxton.
Since it has 2 cemeteries and no hospital. So if you get injured, you’re out of luck.
3. Of course, some people just have to bring their personal lives out for everyone to see.
Look, I know you’re hurting, Emily. But please, I think airing your anger on a billboard makes you seem like a crazy bitch.
4. Stop in at Big Dick’s Halfway Inn.
Okay, this sounds kind of dirty for a rest stop. I’m sure “Original Minnow Shot” will have its own Urban Dictionary entry real soon.
5. With Esurance, you can cover your home in a click.
Sure you might not see anything wrong with this message. But look at it from far away, and it says, “cover your home in a dick.”
6. This billboard was brought to you by Financial Arts, Inc.
However, if you’re looking for anything silent but deadly, I don’t think their website will offer it. Though I don’t know what financial arts are anyway.
7. Pollo Tropical always offers island flavor.
But they aren’t great choosing a font. Since the “island” part also reads bland, which won’t attract potential customers.
8. Your Local 5 is here when you need to know.
Though the headline doesn’t help matters. Seriously, people might get the wrong idea.
9. Since you only live once, try to be happy.
Brought to you by Wilks Funeral Home. Hey, at least they know how to cash in on a trend.
10. Spend your time at this golf range.
This place boasts about great balls and grass. I know people might get the wrong idea.
11. If you need any help, call these guys.
But what do these people do? Who are these people are? Seriously, I really don’t know.
12. Want to fly? Text while you drive.
But I don’t think that kind of flying involves a plane. More likely involves a car crash.
13. Live the extreme with the Air Force Reserve.
Since when did the Air Force do wind surfing? Not that I want to join since I don’t. But I need to know this.
14. Scandinavian Designs has their biggest sale ever.
That woman doesn’t seem excited for some reason. In fact, she reminds me of a scream queen from a horror movie who’s freaked out about getting killed.
15. At Construct 2, we make computer games.
Yet, this one seems to depict rather childish drawings. Perhaps they should’ve gone with state of the art graphics instead.
16. You can expect great care at Cancer Care Center.
Don’t think that’s good for their ad campaign. Seriously, that pun goes nowhere.
17. Hope you can get a nice pair of these undies.
Too bad this billboard ad was made by someone who couldn’t type. Seriously, the capitalization is nuts.
18. Lowe’s always takes care of unfinished projects.
Well, at least Lowe’s knows how to advertise. Since that billboard looks unfinished to me.
19. She caught her cheating husband with state of the art equipment.
I think ads like these belong on Craigslist. Not on billboards for all to see.
20. Cops hide here. So get a Mini Cooper.
Sure the Mini Cooper is small. But an ad implying that cops hide behind the bushes is disturbing.
21. Want to see your teeth as we do? Go to Aspen Dental.
I know she’s smiling. But it’s a frown upside down. That don’t look right.
22. Want to see the largest continent? Fly on Air Asia.
Well, that’s a clever way to use puns. Hope it goes over the kids.
23. Got hemorrhoids? Tampa Proctology is at your service.
Come in through the rear entrance. And please, no butt dials.
24. Want to enjoy Minnesota? Move to Wisconsin.
Someone doesn’t seem to appreciate Minnesota very much. But this is from a Wisconsin real estate agency.
25. When burying your dead loved one, think outside the box.
This is for a cemetery. But when they say to think outside the box, they usually don’t mean a coffin.
26. Don’t read enough? Try these audiobooks.
I know some Americans may be offended by this. But this company is from Canada. Still, I’d replace the George W. Bush image with Donald Trump.
27. Your breasts won’t bounce with this bra.
I don’t get the slogan. “Only the ball should bounce,” what the hell does that mean?
28. Seems like this billboard might’ve caused a car crash.
Apparently, sex sells. Since this is for a mechanic’s garage. Guess they know how to drum up good business.
29. Is your wife hot? Get your air conditioning fixed.
Well, that’s sure to get people’s attention. Though I’m not sure if it’s appropriate.
30. Got arrested? Call Jaeger & Blanker.
Got to like their number 1-855-WTF-POPO. Though they seem to specialize in drugs and DUIs.
31. Seems like this lobster had to see a therapist.
This is for an Australian lobster joint. Not sure why it featured cartoon lobsters in therapy.
32. The Dark Knight is open for litigation.
Okay, his name just happens to be Batman. Wonder if he gets any flack from that. Couldn’t hurt his business.
33. Life Church TV is known to vanquish Satan.
Not always a fan of religious billboards. But I think this one is quite clever if you ask me.
34. Texas Direct Auto loves your headlights.
This is for a car buying service. And I don’t think the cars they buy aren’t anywhere nice.
35. Invest in your future, study engineering before sex.
Funny how this ad implies you can’t have sex and study engineering. But still, use protection.
36. Asian Buffet: Poor English but great food.
Though Asians will certainly find this sign quite offensive. This especially with the addition of “Oriental.”
37. Buy a diamond ring for her and get a free gun.
Well, that’s one way to drum up business. Yet, should a jeweler really do this?
38. Alcohol: Cheaper than therapy.
This is for a discount liquor store. Though between alcohol and therapy, I’d stick with therapy.
39. If you can bank anywhere, go with 1st Bank.
Yet, why it has a surgeon operating, I don’t have the slightest idea. Seriously, banking shouldn’t be on your mind while cutting someone open.
40. Keep your butt covered.
This one recommends that people get colonoscopies. Yet, why show someone’s butt cheeks, I don’t have a clue.
41. Fat and ugly? Join Fit 4 Less.
Well, that’s a rather demeaning message. From a billboard in Great Britain, by the way.
42. Get your crabs at Dirty Dick’s Crab House.
It’s a crab restaurant at Myrtle Beach. Yet, I see the dirty wordplay which would make many want to avoid it.
43. Spend time with your kids at the dinner table. Put family first.
I know it’s supposed to encourage family togetherness. Yet, it seems to imply cannibalism.
44. Come to Buc-ee’s for food and gas.
I know it’s just a run of the mill rest stop. Yet, kind of implies that the food you eat will give you gas.
45. Seems like we’ve come across a personal ad.
Well, if you can afford a billboard, you can afford a spouse. Still, not sure about displaying one’s phone number though.
46. Texting while driving kills. But if you want to know more just text.
Guess this is proof that irony knows no bounds. But seriously, texting while driving kills.
47. Got a DUI? Call 1-800-NOT-DRUNK.
The fact so many people get DUIs can make this guy have a firm like this. Kind of a sad statement of our society.
48. So, what’s our slogan?
Guess whoever made this billboard was totally high at the time. Wonder if it’s from Colorado.
49. Want to know information concerning your health and safety? See other side.
And they seem to make it so urgent. But they wasted a whole space for the typography.
50. Save the whales. Go vegetarian and lose weight.
This is from PETA, by the way. And yes, they have to get their message out their through fat shaming. Is there anything they wouldn’t do?
51. In advertising, it’s best to use only what you need.
This one only uses a small orange square to get to the point. The rest is just bare.
52. Whether Pokémon or STDs, gotta catch ’em all.
Not sure if Pokémon font is appropriate for this kind of matter. Seriously, why?
53. Committed a crime? Call Larry L. Archie.
Famous clients include O.J. Simpson, Casey Anthony, George Zimmerman, and more. Okay, I’m just kidding. But that slogan’s just waiting to be mocked.
54. Serenity Creek Med Spa will get you from Sasquatch to smooth.
So Bigfoot was basically a gorgeous blond woman inside the whole time. Didn’t see that coming.
55. Introducing Scooter, the neutered cat.
Wonder what this is for. Bet it’s for a shelter or vet office.
56. Unfortunately, nothing can end hunger in Ohio.
I think this is website. Still, kind of sends a rather dark message.
57. Greetings, from Quartzite, Arizona!
Even includes, legends of camels. And it’s always the weekend there, except for people who live there. Since they have to work. Seems like someone’s desperate for tourists.
58. Don’t want to be caught dead in that dress? Tell the funeral home now.
This is for a funeral home. Not sure if I agree with the slogan but it seems to work.
59. Illiterate? Write for free help.
So if you’re illiterate, how can you write for free help. Because I don’t get it at all.
60. Prevent HIV and get tested with this crew.
But I don’t know if this is the kind of way to get the message out. But whatever works for the kids.
61. Truth Ministry: where you can pray the Asian away.
Boy, that’s racist. Guaranteed to work as well as gay conversion therapy like not at all with abusive side effects.
62. Don’t forget to turn your neighbors in.
Not sure what this is for. But it’s kind of disturbing if you ask me.
63. Your local sheriff wishes you a happy Valentine’s Day.
Well, that’s kind of awkward. Mostly because sheriffs don’t take billboards for Valentine’s Day.
64. Got man boobs? Call this number.
This is from Minnesota, by the way. Not sure if I’d want to see that on the road though.
65. With the Daily Mail, both Kims are on the same page.
Have to admit, at least the Daily Mail has a better ad campaign than the Post Gazette. Though I wouldn’t want to be associated with either Kim.
66. With Lean Plum, engage the shit out of your mobile users.
Even uses the famous poop emoji. Though it’s only fair.
67. You’ll have liquor all over at Lee’s discount liquors.
Says they have 17 Las Vegas locations. So even if it does well, it has a lot of competition.
68. Injured? Go to MyBaldLawyer.com.
Well, at least he embraces his baldness. But not sure if him telling onlookers not to pull their hair out is a good idea.
69. Got a crack in your basement floor? Call the Crack Team.
Even presents a guy named Mr. Happy Crack. Saying, “A dry crack is a happy crack!” That just cracks me up.
70. McDonald’s is always open at 6 am.
Says “MY ASS.” Not sure what it means. But it’s hilarious.
71. Don’t forget to spay and neuter your pets as well as your loved ones.
Not sure if you should neuter your weird friends and relatives. Don’t know what to think about that.
72. Inspire the youth, control the future.
However, using a quote by Adolf Hitler on your billboard won’t give you any favors. Seriously, the guy killed about 6-9 million Jews and started World War II.
73. Don’t be a pickle and stop vegetable abuse.
This is for a sex shop. Yet, I really feel bad for that pickle.
74. According to Restored Church, God likes sex.
Though I guess the sex God loves is between a straight married couple. I’m just guessing in regards to this church.
75. Sask always tells you to pork the one you love.
This is for pork. But pork is also another euphemism for fuck, which they use on Honest Trailers.
76. You can reach this website as soon as you solve the problem.
Unless you’re math genius, you’ll never be able to guess. And I wouldn’t recommend you using a calculator while driving.
77. Before you put up a billboard, always run it through spellcheck.
I don’t think “pubic schools” is the right word for it. Apparently, their public schools don’t seem great at spelling.
78. Marital problems? Get a bigger house.
Well, that’s how realtors look at it. Still, I think a bigger house won’t solve anyone’s relationship problems.
79. Store your things in Bitterroot Self-Storage.
On Cemetery Lane, apparently. Gives a whole new meaning of “self-storage,” doesn’t it?
80. Want to wreck? Just keep looking at the boobies.
That will certainly do the trick. Since guys are said to be attracted by big boobs.
81. Injured? Call Brown & Brown.
Don’t mind the man in the eyepatch. Though I’m not sure if it helps their brand of success.
82. Save the date for the Testicle Festival.
You’ll have to be nuts to miss it. Make no balls about it.
83. Need help? Consider hiring a lady lawyer.
So she’s playing the woman card, isn’t she? Seriously, I’m a woman and I don’t think my gender makes me good at arguing.
84. With Virgin America, flying to Chicago no longer blows.
Well, “blows” can also mean sucks. So they didn’t think this pun through.
85. You can even use a billboard to promote yourself.
After all, he spent a whole lot of money to get noticed. So somebody should hire him.
86. Annoyed by higher taxes in Illinois? Move to Indiana.
Keep in mind that Indiana has loose gun control laws that contribute to Chicago’s high murder rate. Look it up in regards to gun trafficking.
87. Need a summer job? Try being a kept woman.
Okay, that’s just downright sick. And they’re targeting this sign for students? Makes me want to barf.
88. Get your sit together and buckle up.
Yet, the buckle is covered in the middle. Makes you imagine a different term entirely.
89. At Lou Redman’s Barstool’s and Dining, check out their stool samples.
Well, they sell stools and chairs, what do you expect? And no, they’re not talking about that kind of stool.
90. Just pop the question with a ring from Robbins Diamonds.
And here she’s flipping the bird to drivers. So stop by before she dumps you’re sorry ass.
91. Why is Justin Bieber so sad? Is it because so many teens are unemployed?
No, because teen employment isn’t as big of deal. Besides, Justin Bieber doesn’t care about anything but himself.
92. Still a virgin? We can help.
Is this an escort service or a brothel? Not sure if I want to know.
93. Keep country roads safe. Don’t drive like a wanker.
Wanker is a British expression for jackass. Yet, you see what they mean.
94. Outhouse Springs provides you with America’s first recycled water.
Okay, I don’t want to drink that. Who knows what that water has been through.
95. Get a free HIV test for Mom.
Look, I know it’s supposed to project tenderness between a mother and son. But since I know how HIV is transmitted, this scene gives me Manchurian Candidate vibes.
96. Camerman wishes dog guy happy holidays.
Now that’s kind of weird. Wonder if it’s inspired by some acid trip. Oh, it’s for Adult Swim.
97. Hey, you can win a free booby prize if you follow the link.
Wonder if the booby prize involves boobs. Or if that’s just used to entice viewers.
98. All he wants for Christmas is a Latina girlfriend.
Let’s hope he’s not a Trump supporter. If so, he’ll have is work cut out for him.
99. Gary wants to know if you’re asking for it?
No, I am not. And I don’t want to ask him either. Also, that mullet is ugly.
100. Hold it in, you’ll make it. Just drive through the exit.
I know we all feel that way at one time or another. Best we get some encouragement now and then.