Sorry that I haven’t did any new posts for three weeks. Since I’ve been working on a project that took me about four weeks to complete. Anyway, given that fall’s coming up, you’re bound to see scarecrows everywhere. After all, fall is usually a time of harvest. Despite that critters can get into the crops all year long. Still, scarecrows were originally erected to scare them off at a time when most pesticides didn’t exist. Nonetheless, they’re usually made out of straw, wooden stakes, and old clothes. Yet, many communities can also hold scarecrow contests showing all the unique straw figures out there. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of unique scarecrows. Enjoy.
- These scarecrows will check your speed.
Don’t worry, you’re good. But if you go like a race car driver, they will mark you down and give you a ticket.
2. Don’t mind these three old men.
They’re just hanging around in their suits. A couple even read the paper.
3. It’s always fun and games with the Cat in the Hat.
Though don’t see the Mike Myers adaptation. Still, this is a fair rendition for a scarecrow festival. Sure will make Dr. Seuss proud.
4. The giant crow’s got the last laugh.
You can see this crow’s made out of trash bags. And yes, I think it could scare off any critters. Since it’s a giant freaking bird.
5. This scary scarecrow has a sensitive side.
Sure, he might kill a bunch of misbehaving teenagers on a dark night. But he likes hanging out with the birds.
6. You won’t get anywhere rowing on dry land.
Well, they’re supposed to be fishing. Still, like their boat name Crow-2.
7. These old folks get by on wheelbarrow.
Since they’re homeless and their car’s been repossessed. Still, these are delightful.
8. Bet you’ve never met the scarecrow Boy Who Lived.
I’ve put a Harry Potter scarecrow before. Yet, this one at least gives him darker hair.
9. They’re off to see the wizard. The wonderful Wizard of Oz.
Wizard of Oz seems to be a common motif in scarecrow festivals. Maybe it’s the Scarecrow. This display includes the Wicked Witch of the West though.
10. Uncle Sam does it the American way.
Yet, he somehow decided to shave before getting atop of his high horse. Still, please don’t mention anything about Cheeto Fascist.
11. This scarecrow is practically perfect in every way.
Since she’s Mary Poppins, y’all. And I don’t mean Yondo from Guardians of the Galaxy either.
12. Curious George always drives the Man in the Yellow Hat crazy.
Since he’s a curious little monkey who shouldn’t be kept as a pet. No wonder he starts a lot of trouble.
13. This scarecrow girl has a green thumb.
She always loves to water her plants. Yet, fall is when these flowers usually wither and die.
14. This guy’s all ready to rake.
Though raking is always a chore. But that doesn’t stop him from being excited about it.
15. He’s all prepared for the wharf.
After all, he wears his raincoat and galoshes. So he’s all set for the fishing boat.
16. Behold, the mad tangerine commissar himself.
Here he stands on a podium to spew some disparaging remarks about protestors, minorities, the news media, the law enforcement agencies investigating him, political enemies, and immigrants. The Cheeto-Fascist wreaks devastation onto America he certainly won’t make great again. Because he’s a sociopath.
17. “Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi, you’re my only hope.
Funny how they use an old vacuum cleaner as R2-D2. Though I think he’s supposed to be bigger. Like enough for a dwarf to fit inside him.
18. Wonder Woman always knows how to summon her Lasso of Truth.
Here she stands with her butterfly mask. Wait, I don’t remember her wearing such a thing.
19. Hope you don’t mind her hanging under the sea.
Yes, that’s supposed to be Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Her fish tail’s made from a formal dress and a cardboard fin.
20. This guy’s on an Hawaiian excursion.
He wears a Hawaiian shirt under his coveralls. The palm tree’s even made from an air pipe and party leaves.
21. Have you tried apple boarding?
Like boarding over a box of apples like this guy. Yeah, you’ve probably never heard of it before.
22. Now here’s a real straw dog.
Well, it’s covered in burlap. But the straw’s inside. Still, better not throw a bone at it.
23. You’d call this scarecrow a real jack in the box.
He’s between corn and sunflowers. Has nothing to do with the restaurant, however.
24. You’d think this lady was crazy about her cats.
Yes, they have crazy cat lady scarecrows, too. The cats seem to be plush though.
25. This chef juggles so many ingredients.
You wonder why none of them end up dropping. Oh, wait, they’re made of felt and glued onto cardboard.
26. You’ll never know where he is.
Well, I have put up a Waldo scarecrow before. Yet, this one comes with a walking stick and solar powered binoculars.
27. This frog loves to hang out near the pond.
He’s a frog prince who will find your ball if you drop it in a well. So if you kiss or have sex with him, he’ll turn human again.
28. This scarecrow’s here to fix your power.
He knows how to connect the circuits. Though if he gets an electric shock, he burns.
29. These American farmers are just like apple pie.
Yes, it’s another rendition of American Gothic. Yet, these two don’t have pumpkin heads. There’s also a cow.
30. Seems like you’re in a Mexican restaurant in November.
The three mariachis wear Dia de los Muertos masks. The waiter presents a bottle of tequila.
31. You might want to stay way from this large crow.
Yes, this crow is huge and scary. So it’ll naturally make a great Halloween decoration.
32. Feel free to go for a ride?
This scarecrow rides on a bike. Though I’m not sure if he’s Tour de France material.
33. The potted man tends his garden.
He’s made from flower pots. Here he tills the land for planting.
34. Behold, the Red Queen.
She’s from the Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland. And yes, she’s quite a force to be reckoned with. Off with their heads!
35. Hope you can respect this policeman.
He stands next to an American flag wreath. But remember, he’s carrying a pair of handcuffs on him.
36. This scarecrow is an absolute genius.
He’s supposed to be Albert Einstein. You see, scarecrows have brains after all.
37. Hope this monster doesn’t scare your child.
He’s actually Sully from Monsters Inc. Sure he scares children. But outside his work, he’s sweet guy. Just ask Boo.
38. This large straw dragon will scare the crows away.
Some Game of Thrones fans must have too much time on their hands. Still, that’s excellent work on this scarecrow.
39. An old Scottish soldier looks upon the poppy fields of France.
He’s Scottish since he’s wearing a kilt. And yes, he’s a World War I veteran.
40. I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Potatohead.
These two are made from haybales and shoes. And I’m not telling you what “mashed” means in potato talk. Since it’s not something you’d want your kids to know about.
41. Anyone would adore this scarecrow family.
This family is from Japan. Like the kids’ little outfits. So cute.
42. One must always dress for a garden party.
That purple dress seems a bit too formal for a garden. Also, that’s not how you hold a baby.
43. So this is married life.
She’s taking a bath in the tub. He’s on the toilet. No conception of privacy whatsoever.
44. You’d want to cuddle with this Teddy Bear.
She’s supposed to be a scarecrow version of Marilyn Monroe. As you can see from the dress and hair.
45. “It’s a Scare-Crow hanging in the field…..”
This is David Crowie during his Ziggy Scaredust years. Even has his pumpkin head painted.
46. You’ll be safe on this boat with him.
At least he makes a handy flotation device. Still, the sailors built this guy. Yet, he kind of creeps me out.
47. A small family can always fit on one bike.
It’s a bicycle built for 2 with a baby seat. Yet, no one’s wearing a helmet.
48. Hulk, smash!
This one has Hulk hands. But he’s certainly not smashing any windows. Or anything else.
49. Vincent Van Crow seeks inspiration in the field.
He’s got his paint stuff on his chair along with a couple of sunflowers. Too bad he died at 37.
50. Captain Jack Sparrow might want to swing by.
He even wears some pirate stuff on him. Though he’s more likely carrying a bottle of rum than a telescope.
51. Little Red Riding Hood has jut run into the wrong wolf.
Wait until she finds him in bed dressed as her grandmother. Yeah, that’s going to be really disturbing.
52. Perhaps you’ve never seen this Japanese beauty.
Yes, she’s a scarecrow in Japan. But I love her purple kimono.
53. Do you need any dusting?
This scarecrow’s dressed as a maid. Though I don’t think the tights go with that outfit.
54. Sometimes you can use a day at the beach.
Here Meyrl lounges with a tabloid magazine in her beach chair. Though she seems awfully bundled up. Then again, she might be in New England.
55. “I am the Lorax. I speak for the Trees.”
And if you don’t stop cutting down Truffula Trees, the whole ecosystem will go to shit. Too bad the Oncler didn’t listen.
56. Care to meet Peter Rabbit?
He’s even posing with carrots. Guess they’re from Mr. MacGregor’s garden.
57. Thought Santa Claus traveled by sleigh.
This one has Santa traveling by bike. Wonder who he’s talking to.
58. Man, Japanese school girls are vicious.
Here you have her with a bunch of severed heads. I’d stay out of this field if I were you.
59. “Oh I’ve had the time of my life/And I’ve never felt this way before.”
Yes, this is a scarecrow take off of Dirty Dancing. And it’s brilliant. Like how the girl has a skull head.
60. This witch better watch where she’s going.
Since she’s just run into a freaking telephone pole. Though who knows whether she was under the influence of some potion.
61. These ears of corn seem rather shady to me.
Here they stand at the fence with their angry eyes. Is that deer real or not?
62. Nobody could resist these ragdolls.
That’s Raggedy Ann and Andy. And yes, they dress in similar outfits. So cute.
63. Presenting the King and Queen of the Forest.
Kind of remind me of Lord of the Rings characters. Well, one reminds me of Galadriel.
64. Guess we’re coming to the grisly murder scene.
Didn’t know you can push someone into the washing machine. Still, you have to admire his cleanliness.
65. Looks like they’re holding a funeral.
Seems like it’s for a musician. Then again, the horses look pretty dead, too.
66. Everyone’s just waiting for the bus here.
This is from Japan. And yes, the bus stop seems rather large for some reason.
67. This guy has a very long horn.
It’s made from a pipe. But he’s supposed to be some Swiss guy in the Alps.
68. “I am Groot.”
He’s the tree guy from Guardians of the Galaxy. Yes, he’s a beast. But as a baby, he’s so adorable, especially when he dances.
69. You got to admire this mermaid’s tail.
Since it’s made from a bunch of CDs. Love how they shine.
70. Go home, Marcie, you’re drunk.
They even have bottles and cans lying around. Even funnier that the kids are looking at her through the window.
71. “It’s fun to stay at the YMCA.”
These scarecrows are The Village People. And yes, they’re doing the “YMCA.”
72. Well, she’s all pinked out.
She’s got pink hair and wears a pink dress. And she loves pink flowers.
73. This couple is well-dressed for a walk.
He wears a plaid shirt and jeans. She wears a short dress. So lovely together.
74. Someone’s in the mood for a fall wedding.
The groom is radiant. But the bride stuns in that lovely white dress.
75. Here she sits with her flowers.
She always loves the pink ones. Since they go well with her cardigan.
76. Well, this is quite a mad tea party.
This is a scarecrow of Alice in Wonderland. Includes the White Rabbit and the Cheshire Cat.
77. Wonder what this chef’s cooking.
He’s got something in his pot. Not to mention some bread in his arms.
78. This lady’s a real pothead.
But she’s got a thing for gardening. While her head’s sprouting with leaves.
79. Seems like Gulliver is trapped.
Since the Lilliputans have tied him with ropes. For they see him as a sleeping giant.
80. Seems like she’s selling garden supplies.
Well, she’s got all kinds of bottles and packs on her. Feel free to take your pick.