Now that it’s late January, you’re bound to see plenty of red, pink, and white hearts at the store for Valentine’s Day. Sure it’s a day when people celebrate love and romance within the confines of the unpredictable snowy weather. Well, as far as we see it in the foreseeable future. So naturally, it’s a time when people send valentines to each other to express their love, along with candy and a stuff animal. This wasn’t much different back in the day. And while you might see plenty of cute valentines from that time, you’ll find some that seem rather strange. Some might contain double entendres. Some might be outright racist. Some may be creepy and contain unsettling messages. Some might defy all sense of logical explanation. But whatever the case, sending these old timey cards to your sweetheart might result in an inevitable breakup. However, feel free to look at these for a good laugh, especially if you’re single. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of crazy vintage valentines from yesterday.
- “Valentine! Speaking of spooks and haunts and such-beware! Help! Watch out!”
For one, Halloween has been over for like months. Second, sentiments like “beware,” “help,” and “watch out” don’t have good connotations.
2. You can even say the Devil has a heart on Valentine’s Day.
And here he stabs one with a pitchfork. All the other hearts below him are in a pit of fire. Not sure what to make out of that.
3. “Stop de-baiting and be my valentine.”
Still, we know why fishermen bait a fish. And it’s more along the lines of catch to eat. Nevertheless, the fish kind of reminds me of a Creature of the Black Lagoon winking in makeup.
4. Seems like some Indian wants you in her teepee.
Boy, that’s racist. Not only the speech seems offensive but the Indian looks pretty white.
5. All this guy wants is a girl in the kitchen to cook for him.
Some like light boys. Some like dark boys. But all I want is a guy who can make his own damn sandwich.
6. “Forbidden fruit is sweetest.”
Well, let’s say that this boy is budding pervert looking up that girl’s skirt. Bet this won’t go well.
7. Painting a heart can always do the trick.
I know it’s supposed to be red paint. But it looks like blood. This boy may love but he has a sick way of showing it.
8. “If you’ll be my sweetheart, I will be your beau.”
Sorry, Bobby, but I don’t think she’s interested. She’s still hung up over Pete going with Gretchen.
9. “O, Cupid, Cupid, how could you be so cruel!”
Takes “playing games with my heart” to a whole new level. But in this case, it’s soccer.
10. One always has eyes on their valentine.
Though I don’t take the guy’s stare as a loving embrace. Reminds me of some guy with a sick murder fetish.
11. “I aim to win you. You’re the ‘big shot’ in my life!”
But does she really need to use a cannon? Even if the balls have hearts on them. I’m sure she’d have better luck with the unusually short skirt.
12. Apparently, the Krampus has something to do with Valentine’s Day.
Though sometimes Krampus can get bored waiting until next Christmas to terrorize you. So he spends Valentines roasting hearts on a rotisserie.
13. Sometimes a valentine choice depends on what kind of house one lives.
So Jenny won’t live with Jimmy in a cottage. But she’ll have him in a bungalow. Apparently, she has her preferences.
14. “I feel awful funny whenever I think of you.”
So Bubbles the Clown has two hearts with an arrow stitched on his ass. Then again, his smile sends an uncomfortable vibe.
15. “Don’t be afraid, it’s only me with your Valentine.”
But showing up with a freaking mask doesn’t help matters. Then again, even without the mask, the kid still looks pretty creepy.
16. Love can always be better than money.
Basically, this valentine says, “I may be broke, but I have plenty of love to go around.” Still, he kind of seems a bit all over her. Yet, she doesn’t seem to mind.
17. “I’d like to label you ‘all mine’ and tell the gang you’re my valentine!”
Though putting a heart on her back doesn’t seem to have good implications. This is especially if she’s bewildered by the whole thing.
18. “Don’t keep me in the dog house, my valentine.”
And yes, this boy is literally in the dog house. Still, I’m not sure what would put him in the dog house. Nor do I want to know.
19. “I’ll come clean, be my valentine.”
Unfortunately, this scene sends a lot of Sandusky locker room vibes. Let’s just say, I find this valentine as disturbing as hell.
20. “It beats all how much I like you, Valentine!”
Sorry, but this Black Sambo beating a drum won’t win over that black person you’re trying to impress. Because it’s incredibly racist.
21. “You’re unusual, Valentine. Be mine.”
But saying she’s unusual like a carnival attraction might not go over well. Also, the girl’s in a cannon.
22. “The ‘bare fact’ is I want you for my valentine!”
Note that she’s naked and has a towel over her naughty bits. You can get what she might imply from the intended recipient.
23. Police clown wants you to be his valentine.
Though I wouldn’t want to be caught by this guy. Since he’s the stuff of nightmares. And he’s angry.
24. “Boom goes my heart!”
Note how he has the cannon positioned at his nether region. If you’ve looked at my other posts with boys and cannons, you can probably guess what this implies.
25. “This is no ‘boner,’ you’re my sweetheart.”
Actually, ‘boner’ meant a mistake at the time. But considering it’s a valentine, it might mean what you get from Viagra.
26. “No monkeying- I’m starving for you, my valentine.”
Though the girl’s holding the banana rather suggestively. And, no, that doesn’t look right.
27. “There’s ‘space’ in my heart for you, Valentine!”
Here he hugs onto the rocket. Not sure what that means, but I can guess there’s a phallic implication.
28. “Here is a king size chocolate wish for you!”
For nothing suggests love like the prospect of lung cancer, heart disease, and respiratory problems. Awww.
29. Even in injury, some just don’t know when to quit.
The fact he has a bump and bandage on his head doesn’t seem to get him to come to his senses. Also, if his valentine is a private secretary, then he might be liable for sexual harassment.
30. No guy would be wise to turn down Lixie.
Yet, I’m not sure what the candy she’s selling. Though it seems rather stick like. Oh, wait…
31. Sometimes a heart can be a bait for a trap.
You mean they had rats in valentines? Seriously, this is just so messed up. And yes, I think the heart is a trap.
32. “I’ll never forget/So you can bet/I’ll get you yet!”
Let’s just say the idea of an elephant coming to get you is just frightening. Also, suggests that the giver has no idea how to conduct a healthy relationship.
33. This guy is all tied for his valentine.
For nothing says love like tying oneself to a heart with Cupid’s help. If you and your sweetheart love kinky sex games, this is for you.
34. “I get a ‘bang’ out of you!”
Yes, hammer motifs in valentines are pretty disturbing. And this one pretty much nails it in.
35. “My love is hot by ginger, Valentine!”
Another instance of misplaced holiday icons. Still, the gingerbread man’s face may seem borderline offensive to some viewers. Or creep you out.
36. “You’re really ‘solid,’ let’s start now.”
I think I know where this going. And I’m implying beyond the kissing and hugging stage here.
37. “I have nine lives of love for you, my valentine.”
Nonetheless, Felix the Cat has just been released from Arkham Asylum. And he’ll wreak havoc on Gotham City as we speak since Batman has cat allergies.
38. “I’m ‘crying’ my eyes out for you. Be my Valentine!”
Sure the message may be sweet. But using a freakish yellow onion clown from nightmares doesn’t do any favors.
39. “Gr-r-r. I’ll be angry if you won’t be mine!”
Looking at that tiger, I don’t think this is a healthy way to initiate a relationship. Guess not good rejection.
40. This kitty wants to play a song for you.
Nevertheless, I’m not sure if I want to hear this cat on the piano. Seems a bit angry in the eyes. Like she’ll scratch you up if you reject her.
41. “It’s strictly business, be my valentine!”
I’m sure this girl should report this creep to Human Resources. Also, note how this guy looks at her back.
42. Cupid sends Valentine’s greetings.
And he has a large chest with hearts all over it. Don’t really want to know what he has in there. In fact, I’d rather not dwell on it.
43. Even Superman isn’t immune to love.
Yes, to Superman, love is like Kryptonite. It makes him weak. So I guess the man from Krypton shouldn’t fall in love. Too bad he’s with Lois Lane.
44. “Hope I make a hit with you. This time I’ll put some punch in it. Be my Valentine!”
Okay, this seems to suggest interpersonal violence, which is a relationship no-no. Also, the kid seems a bit angry and can’t take a hint.
45. “Anyone can plainly see/My teacher is O.K. with me. Be my Valentine!”
He’s holding an awfully long ruler. Anyway, I think I know what he’s suggesting. And it’s what we usually don’t talk about in school until the 8th grade.
46. “Dear, don’t see how you can live in such a cold place.”
And I can’t see how Cupid rises from a heart with a fur shawl. Okay, I guess this suggests that the recipient is a cold bitch. That’s kind of insulting.
47. “I’m cooking up a scheme to get you to be my valentine.”
And I see she’s probably cooking something in a cauldron over an open fire. Hope it’s not a love potion since it’s a date rape drug.
48. When it comes to romance, expect some disturbance.
From Viral Wonderz: “Hugging may be romantic, but this guy has got his eyes somewhere else. His Valentine is looking at him lovingly in the eye, but he has his eye on other parts of her body. They may look innocent, but there’s nothing innocent about this guy. The message is even more disturbing. This looks like a crime waiting to happen.”
49. “Why not ‘juice’ me for your valentine?”
From Viral Wonderz: “Read more: “We’re not sure if this card is advertising a juicer for Valentine’s day or has a different meaning altogether? Yes, we love our refreshing lemonades but we think this vintage card wants to juice something else. Just hope that the father of your valentine won’t see this or else you’ll be the one juiced up.”
50. “I have to join two hearts in one/And wish this tender task were done.”
However, she has all those hearts on her dress and just has to have one more. Not surprisingly, she breaks a few.