Of course, like most franchises, the Hunger Games has a legion of many devoted as well as misunderstood fans. After all, you’ve seen how this plays out with the merchandising. Yes, there are plenty of fans willing to buy anything even Hunger Games stuff that misses the story’s point. Another thing that’s prevalent among Hunger Games fans are the crafts. Just look on Pinterest or Etsy to see what I mean. Better yet, see this graphic above. Of course, we all know that most Hunger Games fans are teenage girls and young women and craft projects are seen as feminine activities. However, it’s pretty clear that most NFL fans are men and I found absolutely no problem looking for NFL craft projects either. Yes, there are a lot of female football fans out there but that’s beside the point. Besides, I’ve done posts on craft projects pertaining to material mostly attributed to men like taxidermy and wood sculpture. Yes, taxidermy and wood working count as crafts too, as well metal working. But guys don’t tend to admit that. Still, in this post you’ll see plenty of fan made craft projects attributed to the Hunger Games. Some of them may be cute and clever. Some of them might be in poor taste or have some disturbing connotations. Some might make you wonder what the hell were they thinking. So for your reading pleasure, I give you a treasury of Hunger Games craft projects created by the fans. And no, I don’t think many of them are licensed by Lionsgate buy screw them.
- Remember the third Quarter Quell with this commemorative necklace.
Now this has stuff relating to Catching fire. There’s fire of course as well as the Mockingjay, arrow, and 12 for District 12. But you also see a clock and the pearl. If you haven’t read the books or see the movies, you wouldn’t understand.
2. Carry your thinks in this Hunger Games patchwork quilt purse.
Now there are quite a few of these. And you might see some of your favorite moments in a colorful tapestry.
3. Of course, there are always plenty of supplies in the arena at the Cornucopia.
Actually the Cornucopia doesn’t look like this in the books or the movies. But let’s just say plenty of tributes die there on the first day for obvious reasons.
4. No song is more iconic in The Hunger Games than “The Hanging Tree.”
Of course, this song is about a guy wanting his girlfriend to commit suicide with him. And it’s possible that he might be the guy who murdered three. Happy stuff.
5. Show your love for the Hunger Games by making your own Mockingjay pin.
Then again, sure it might not be like the ones they sell. But it doesn’t look that bad to me either. The bird is just perfect.
6. If you like Catching Fire, then you’d sure like this Tree of Life pendant.
Not sure what the Tree of Life has anything to do with the Hunger Games. But it’s nevertheless beautiful.
7. Show your love for the Hunger Games with this Mockingjay blanket.
Kind of reminds me of an Andy Warhol pop art style picture. Of course, it probably too much longer to make.
8. Be like Katniss and make your own bow and arrows.
I think set was used for a Katniss costume if I’m not mistaken. Still, let’s nobody shoots anyone’s eye out with that.
9. Grace your home with this Hunger Games painted plate.
Since it’s painted, it’s used for decoration. But I do love the flames on this and the Mockingjay.
10. For those who love Seneca Crane’s marvelous beard, here’s a necklace of that.
Seneca Crane may not have been in the books or movies much. But man, his immortal beard made him a popular character.
11. Keep warm with this Mockingjay blanket.
So I guess the blue and red are there because they were the colors of the later tow book covers. But the Mockingjay stands as clear as day.
12. Carry your things in this crocheted Hunger Games tote bag.
Yes, you see the Mockinjay a lot on Hunger Games stuff. Get used to it. It’s a well-known symbol in the story.
13. Show your love for the Hunger Games with these Mockingjay bracelets.
Seems that they come in 6 different colors in this picture. Still, you see a lot of these on Etsy and Pinterest.
14. Of course, you can always make your own tracker jacker nest.
Tracker jackers are genetically engineered wasps created by the Capitol to control people. They’re fiercely aggressive and their venom causes powerful hallucinations and/or death. You’re better off dealing with Africanized killer bees.
15. May the odds be ever in your favor with these Hunger Games ribbon hair clips.
Seems to go with the Mockingjay symbol of all 3 books. And in the same colors, too.
16. Show your love for the Hunger Games with this emblazoned Mockingjay hair piece.
Now I think that’s an embroidered patch. But still, I’m sure Peacekeepers could see that thing from at least a mile away.
17. Love the Hunger Games? Well, you’ll love these moss and arrow bottle necklaces.
Yes, I know that Katniss’s weapon is a bow and arrow. But I still don’t know what to think about this.
18. Nothing says Happy Hunger Games like a Hunger Games wreath at your front door.
Well, at least it doesn’t have a festive design. But still, “Happy Hunger Games” just makes me pretty uncomfortable.
19. Decorate your Christmas tree with this Hunger Games ornament.
Yes, nothing says, “Peace on Earth” than an ornament from a franchise about teenagers fighting to the death. Not sure if that sends the appropriate message.
20. Grace your home with these Hunger Games Russian nesting dolls.
Now this set includes Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Prim, and Rue. Of course, this is from the first book though.
21. Nothing makes you an ultimate fan than a Hunger Games iPhone case.
Now this is so adorable. And I see it includes Katniss, Peeta, and Gale, too.
22. May the odds be ever in your favor with this Hunger Games locket necklace.
Now this is very pretty. Wouldn’t mind having this myself. Yet, I usually buy jewelry at yard sales anyway.
23. Drink a toast to your favorite district with these Hunger Games wine glass rings.
And each district comes with its own different color and shape. Of course, you wouldn’t be able to tell which districts they were by themselves unless you look close enough.
24. If you like Finnick, then you’ll like this shell necklace.
Yeah, Finnick may be seen as a pretty boy and ladies’ man. However, in reality, he has a girlfriend with PTSD and is forced to whore himself to rich people in the Capitol. Pretty tragic I might say.
25. Grace your table with a white rose from President Snow.
Let’s just say if it’s white and smells stronger than what a normal rose should, President Snow was probably there. And yes, it’s okay to feel uncomfortable about it.
26. Of course, drink with style with these Hunger Games wine glasses.
Both have Katniss and Peeta’s names on it. Also, both have a painted Mockingjay on them.
27. Keep yourself warm with this District 12 beanie.
Wonder if they have these for all the Panem districts? Of course, I don’t remember Katniss and Peeta wearing them in the movie.
28. Keep yourself clean with these Hunger Games bath and beauty products from Fortune Cookie Soap.
Guess this is the Quarter Quell collection. Funny that many of these come in shapes and sizes. One of the liquid ones called “Blood Rain.”
29. Step outside with these Hunger Games shoes.
Each has the Mockingjay logo on one shoe and a quote on the other. And all are in the same color as the book covers.
30. Snuggle up with an amigurumi of your favorite Hunger Games character.
Now there’s Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Haymitch, Effie, Prim, Cinna, Rue, and Buttercup. Of course, this ensemble is from the first book.
31. Like Foxface? Then you’ll love this sampler.
Yes, the girl from District 5 who lasted incredibly long in the Hunger Games without killing or making alliances. However, we’re not sure about whether she knew the berries she stole from Peeta were poisonous.
32. Show your love for the Hunger Games by gracing this Mockingjay wreath at your front door.
Now this is pretty. And it has red, orange, and yellow strips to emphasize how Katinss is the “Girl on Fire.”
33. Sit your drink on a Hunger Games coaster.
And it has a rainbow Mockinjay. Still, not sure if it is of glass, plastic, or lacquer.
34. For those who love Effie Trinket, you’ll love this necklace.
Of course, the big flower goes well with Effie Trinket’s eccentric fashion tastes. Seriously, she wore a dress of monarch butterflies.
35. Show your love for the Hunger Games with these arrow pillows.
Available in 4 different designs. But I like the red one the best, since it’s the more ornate.
36. Show your love for the Hunger Games by wearing this ring of fire.
Of course, you might not want to wear it for formal occasions. But it’ll sure give you a lot of attention and make a nice conversation piece.
37. If you love District 12, then you’ll like wearing this coal and chain necklace.
Wouldn’t think that they’d put a lump of coal on a golden chain. This is especially since that coal is becoming less of a viable energy source because it’s an incredibly dirty fossil fuel.
38. Who knew you could make bows and arrows from Q-tips, popsicle sticks, and dental floss?
Yes, this was inspired by the Hunger Games. And yes, it might involve some pilfering some bathroom supplies. Still, these are so clever if you ask me.
39. Cuddle up on the couch with this Mockingjay pillow cushion.
Now this is lovely. Seems like whoever made this might have had a bit too much time on their hands.
40. Decorate your room with this Hunger Games tapestry.
Consist of the Mockingjay logos you see on all 3 novels and in the same colors. Should go well with a lot of Hunger Games crafts.
41. May the odds be ever in your favor with this Mockingjay bracelet.
Now this is pretty and more heavy duty. Doesn’t hurt that it’s purple, too.
42. Show your love for the Capitol with this woodburn sign.
Of course, we should know that the Capitol are the bad guys in the series. Seriously, these people force teenagers to fight to the death on live television for their entertainment.
43. Keep your money safe with this Hunger Games duct tape wallet.
And it has the painted flaming Mockingjay in the inside. Couldn’t do one with my bare hands if my life depended on it.
44. Decorate your Christmas tree this year with this Mockingjay ornament.
Well, the Mockingjay is a symbol of the rebellion against the Capitol. Yet, it’s also a hybrid of a genetically engineered Jabberjay and a Northern Mockingbird.
45. Be the ultimate fan with this embroidery of the arena for the 74th Hunger Games.
Now I have to admire the craftsmanship here since it’s very detailed. But we have to realize that 22 kids died there. Think about it.
46. Support the rebellion with this Mockingjay bone necklace.
Of course, it’s more likely made from shell than bone. But i’s nevertheless pretty.
47. Nothing brings the Hunger Games spirit than a bottle of Nightlock berries.
Of course, those berries are poisonous that Katniss and Peeta made a suicide pact with them. You know so they wouldn’t have to kill one another.
48. Remember Peeta’s love for Katniss with Peeta’s pearl necklace.
Said to contain a replica of a pearl before the arena was destroyed and he was captured by the Capitol. What happened to him after that was just so horrifying.
49. Remember the Katniss and Peeta romance with this commemorative locket.
Contains a peal, a Mockingjay, an arrow, and a locket. Of course, it’s pretty devastating to Katniss that Peeta got captured.
50. And in case you’re not fond of circles, they have a square one, as well.
Still, a square one makes sense. I mean it contained at least 3 pictures, consisting of Gale, Prim, and Mrs. Everdeen. Well, read the books, okay?
51. Show your love for the Hunger Games by collecting these district accessories.
Includes all 13 districts as well as the Capitol. Still, each district is in the shape as its main industry.
52. If you like President Snow, then you’ll certainly love his flattering portrait.
I think this is based off a Jennifer Lawrence cell phone photo with pancakes. Still, this picture is just so bad that I couldn’t keep it off this post.
53. May the odds be ever in your favor with these Mockingjay necklaces.
Available in 5 different colors. And they even have a picture to show how they glow.
54. Keep yourself clean with some Mockingshea soap.
Now this is actually quite clever branding if you think of it. Still, don’t know what’s with the specks on top.
55. Celebrate your favorite Hunger Games couple with this commemorative mug.
Sorry, but “Peeniss” is an unfortunate couple name for Katniss and Peeta. So is “Katpee.” Better to go with “Everlark,” “Mellardeen,” or “Toast.”
56. Cuddle with the “Girl on Fire” with this Katniss amigurumi.
Now this depicts Katniss when she twirls her Catching Fire wedding dress. Still, quite cute.
57. If you liked “The Hanging Tree,” then you’ll like this pendant.
Of course, I’m not sure if I want to wear a hanging tree around my neck. I mean the song is quite disturbing if you think about it.
58. Remember the Hunger Games with this charm bracelet.
Seems to have a lot of charms that you’d associate with the Hunger Games. Wonder if you can fit them all.
59. The odds were never in our favor according to this sampler.
Of course, this would be the case in the Hunger Games. There the competition is deadly, literally.
60. Show your love for the Hunger Games with this hair comb.
Now this looks pretty. Of course, contains the Mockingjay and some beads.
61. Keep warm with this Hunger Games districts blanket.
Now this one contains the 12 districts as well as the 3 Mockingjay images from the books. Still, wonder how the person had to hold it for the picture.
62. If you love the Hunger Games and To Kill a Mockingbird, then you’ll like To Kill a Mockingjay.
Not sure if I’d prefer a book that pertains a fight to the death as well as a lawyer defending an innocent black man. Still, quite clever.
63. If you like Katniss and Peeta, then you’ll love these clay figurines of them.
Now these are so cute. Just have to love Peeta carrying his little loaf of bread and Katniss with her little bow.
64. Keep your CDs with this Hunger Games CD holder.
Not sure who still listens to CDs anymore. But still, it looks well made, regardless.
65. May the odds be ever in your favor with this knitted Hunger Games pin.
You have to admire the craftsmanship on this. Still, you wonder whether it will fall off if you actually use it.
66. Like Rue? Then you’ll love this embroidery piece.
Yes, she’s the agile tree climbing tribute from District 11 who Katniss befriended. Still, it’s just sad how she was killed like that.
67. Remember Rue’s demise with this wreath with her lullaby.
Now this is a lovely wreath. But how Rue died is just so sad, especially how Katniss covered her in flowers.
68. Bathe yourself with these Hunger Games soaps.
Guess these consist of an arrow, District 12, Peeta’s bread, and Rue’s flowers and lullaby. And each seems to come in its own tin.
69. Be the ultimate fan with this Hunger Games charm bracelet.
Yes, I know it’s another charm bracelet. Still, are those purple beads supposed to be nightlock?
70. Carry your things in this knitted Hunger Games purse.
And it comes with fringes. Still, you have to admire the craftsmanship on this one.
71. Always know the time with this watch necklace inspired by Peeta’s locket.
I’m sure Peeta’s locket didn’t have a clock. Still, this is rather well made.
72. May the odds be ever in your favor with this District 12 armband.
As far as I can tell, this is made of felt, which doesn’t have much elasticity. Then again, perhaps it doubles as a bracelet.
73. May the odds be ever in your favor with this painted wood decoration.
Yes, I’m kind of repeating myself. But that’s exactly what this wood image says though.
74. Commemorate the Katniss and Peeta love story with these pearl rings.
Available in gold, silver, and bronze. Still, if you don’t know the significance of the pearl, then read the books.
75. Scrub up with these Tribute Collection soaps from the Fortune Cookie Soap Company.
Now these consist of soaps associated with the first book. For instance, the District 12 soap is coal.
76. Bake in the kitchen with this Mellark Bakery apron.
Yes, there’s a line with Mellark Bakery stuff. Well, actually a few as I’ve seen on Pinterest. Don’t ask me about it.
77. If you love the Hunger Games, then you’ll certainly love these trinkets.
Consists of Katniss, Peeta, and Gale. Nevertheless, they’re all so cute.
78. Have tons of fun with these Hunger Games wooden peg dolls.
Now these consist of Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Prim, Effie, Haymitch, Seneca Crane, and President Snow. Still, they’re quite cute as you see.
79. Show your love for the Hunger Games with this wire pendant.
Said to be about similar to the size of a penny. Still, you have to admire the craftsmanship and detail.
80. Keep warm this season with your very own Hunger Games quilt.
Now this contains the Mockingjay as well as pieces to look like flames. Quite beautiful and intricate, indeed.