As you probably know, The Hunger Games does devote quite a bit of attention toward food. This is especially since food is necessary for survival and much of the districts live in some degrees of poverty that they risk starvation. Katniss and Gale also hunt for food to feed their families (since their dads both dies in a mine explosion) as well while Peeta is a baker’s son and bakes like his old man and brothers. And it was Peeta who gave Katniss two loaves of burnt bread that restored her will to live before the series begins. And when she goes to the Capitol, she tends to devote significant detail to what’s on the buffet. Since the Hunger Games has a big fanbase, it’s not surprising that fans have their own Hunger Games food for their themed parties. Yeah, since the premise revolves around dystopian society sending teenagers to fight to the death on live television, it’s pretty disturbing. Even more so if it pertains to Hunger Games themed weddings. Seriously, just because the movie revolves around a love story, doesn’t mean you should have it as a theme for your wedding. Then again, we’ve been raised in a society that treats William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet and Wuthering Heights as a couple of the greatest love stories of all time. Still, you have to admire how people are so creative when it pertains to treats, especially if they’re fans of a franchise. Some may be disturbing while some might be quite cute and appropriate. So for your reading pleasure, I give you a glimpse of some of the great Hunger Games treats out there.
- Increase your odds of survival with this silver parachute cake.
As you might know, silver parachutes send sponsor gifts to tributes in the Hunger Games to help them survive. Peeta’s confessing his love for Katniss was very instrumental at getting these.
2. If you liked the fire dress transformation sequence in Catching Fire, then you’ll like this cake.
When Miss Havisham’s wedding dress catches fire, she dies. When Katniss Everdeen’s “wedding” dress is on fire, she’s the Mockingjay.
3. Revisit the Victory Tour events in Catching Fire with a cake of Seneca Crane hung in effigy.
Effigy or no effigy, this is pretty fucked up. I mean seriously, why would anyone want a cake like this?
4. Celebrate the Hunger Games with a box of Capitol chocolates.
Wonder if they’re like a regular box of chocolates. If so, then hope there’s a box on which ones contain stuff that I might want to avoid.
5. At your Hunger Games party, grace your table with this Katniss Mockingjay cake.
Let’s just say after Katniss spreads her mockingjay wings, things won’t be good for Cinna. Still, it’s a beautiful cake.
6. May the odds be ever in your favor with these Hunger Games cupcakes.
Now these are from the images you see on all 3 books. Of course is a Mockingjay which Katniss is associated with.
7. You heard about Katniss being “the Girl on Fire” but have you ever saw fire in cupcakes?
Now this isn’t real fire but it’s due to the magic of food coloring. If it was touched by real flames, it would be burnt to a crisp.
8. Nothing shows the Hunger Games spirit of the Capitol than tracker jacker nest cookies.
Let’s just say tracker jackers are genetically enhanced wasps that can either kill you or mess you up for life. Note what Katniss did to Glimmer.
9. Treat yourself this season to some Hunger Games apple pie.
Of course, this probably was made by a repressed art major. Well, from at least what I could tell from the crust.
10. Support your favorite Panem district with these district cookies.
Now these were probably done by a professional since they’re intricately detailed. Might have to zoom in to see what each of them say.
11. Celebrate the Hunger Games with this Cornucopia cake.
How can I tell this is for the Hunger Games? Well, it has flowers and tracker jackers on it. Thanksgiving cornucopias have neither.
12. Ensnare your guests’ appetites with these Catching Fire cupcakes.
Now these consist of burning dress, bronze Mockingjay, monarch butterfly, Peeta’s locket, white block, and a white rose with blood. You can guess what they mean by the symbolism.
13. Represent each Hunger Games district with these cupcakes.
Now these cupcakes make it more apparent on which one is which. Too bad District 12 just gets black icing.
14. Shoot your way to victory with these Hunger Games arrow cookies.
Strange for a post-apocalyptic tale, plenty have been killed with these. Then again, tributes aren’t allowed guns in the arena.
15. At your Hunger Games, it’s best that your side dish be of Peeta’s burnt raisin nut bread.
No, that’s not a cooking disaster. That’s how it’s supposed to look like. Yeah, I know it’s ridiculous.
16. Love Katniss? Well, you’ll certainly love these flaming cookies.
Now these are flaming cookies since Katniss is “the Girl on Fire.” But yes, they’re quite vibrant.
17. May the odds be ever in your favor with this Quarter Quell cake.
You might notice it because its in the arena. And it’s shaped like a clock, too.
18. Commemorate the Hunger Games with these Mockingjay pin cookies.
Now these might have black icing and only use the outline. But it’s still artistically better than what I could’ve done.
19. Be the ultimate fan with this flaming Hunger Games cake.
I hope this isn’t a wedding cake. I mean there’s just something about celebrating your love by theming your wedding on a series centered on teenagers killing each other on live TV that makes me cringe.
20. Like Effie Trinket? Then you’ll love these cupcakes of all her hairstyles.
Of course, knowing how Effie changes hairstyles like people change socks, you knew this had to happen. Of course, some of your relatives might not get the reference.
21. If you like the tributes from District 2, then you’ll certainly love Clove’s cupcakes.
It helps that her cupcakes have knives in them, which is her weapon MO. Still, she shouldn’t have taunted Katniss about Rue’s death while trying to kill her. Yeah, don’t want to make Thresh mad.
22. If you like Finnick, then take a bite out of some District 4 bread.
As in the books, it’s a seaweed loaf. And since District 4 specializes in fishing, it’s a fish.
23. If you want a ginger snack, these Hunger Games cookies will do nicely.
Like how they use Katniss, Peeta, and Gale’s faces with their icing hair. Wonder how that’s possible.
24. In the Capitol, it’s said they serve flower rolls. Like these.
Now these are pretty and quite intricate. But still, if I make buns, I should probably keep it simple.
25. For your baby shower, these Hunger Games cookies would do just nicely.
What the fuck? For God’s sake why have a Hunger Games themed baby shower? That’s as bad as having the Lorax as a spokesman for Hummer. Jesus Christ, why in the hell would anyone think it’s a good idea?
26. If you’re not a fans of Peeta’s buns, you might like this Hunger Games bread.
Now that’s a fan statement. Wonder if Peeta makes loaves like these. Probably.
27. Get in the Hunger Games spirit with this Cornucopia cake.
Like I said, the Cornucopia doesn’t really look like that. Still, at least it has nightlock berries, burnt loaves, and weapons.
28. Those who like District 12 will adore these coal cookies.
Now these are are all black. Probably either containing food coloring or Oreos. Still, how would you like to get those in your Christmas stocking?
29. Bring a fiery touch to your Hunger Games party with these fiery cupcakes.
Well, Katniss is “the Girl on Fire.” Still, they do have the Mockingjay symbol on them.
30. Relive the Quarter Quell with this Gingerbread arena.
Now this is just for decoration. But you can tell since all the Victors are wearing diving suits and it’s designed like a clock.
31. Show your love for the Hunger Games with these cookies.
Really like Katniss getting the “Obama Hope” treatment. Still, quite intricately designed, probably by a professional.
32. For your Mockingjay Part 2 premiere party, this marshmallow cake would do just fine.
Now the Mockingjay design is quite intricate. And I do like what this person did with the marshmallows.
33. Grace your Hunger Games party with this Nightlock Berry pie.
Yeah, I know this is a blueberry pie. But still, nightlock is deadly poisonous that Katniss and Peeta threatened to kill themselves with it. Think about it.
34. If you like Peeta, then you’ll love these bread loaf cupcakes.
Now these look fairly easy to make. Also, the bread loaves seem to be made from cake.
35. Remind the Capitol that you’ll burn with us with this bloody rose on fire cake.
Of course, a bloody rose certainly means President Snow. Those who read Mockingjay could guess why.
36. If you love the Hunger Games, then take a bite out of these cookies.
Now all of these seem to be square. Well, except for the flames.
37. Relive the 74th Hunger Games with this gingerbread arena.
Now you have to admire how they used animal crackers and Swedish fish for the fauna. The ice cream cones make great trees, too.
38. If you love the Hunger Games, then you and your guests will love to take a bite from these cookies.
Yes, I know I have a lot of pastries and cookies on here. But still, you have to take what you can get when doing these posts.
39. For healthier Hunger Games options, you might want to go for a Cornucopia salad.
Yeah, kind of shame that this is one of the few healthier Hunger Games treats on there. But you have to take what you can get sometimes.
40. If you liked Catching Fire, then take some delight in this Rice Krispies roasted pig.
They actually had a pig roast in the first book. In fact, Katniss shoots an arrow through the apple from one.
41. May the odds be ever in your favor with this Hunger Games fruit salad.
You know this is a Hunger Games fruit salad because the watermelon contains the Mockingjay. Yeah, you kind of have to admire the artistry here.
42. Nothing brings back the Hunger Games more than a cake of Peeta near the river.
You can tell it’s Peeta hiding since he has blue eyes. Still. luckily Katniss isn’t there to finish him off though.
43. If Rice Krispies pig roasts aren’t for you, then you might want to go with a pig roast cake.
Yes, this is a pig roast cake. Yes, the pig has eyelashes. Still, at least it has some real fruits and veggies with it.
44. Treat your guests at your Hunger Games party with these cake pops.
Some of these have the Mockingjay while some have flames. But the flame ones look like ignited ping pong balls.
45. Like Katniss? Then you’ll like this cake.
Now this is a 10 ft high cake of Katniss. It’s not something I’d recommend anyone to make. But since it’s associated with the Hunger Games, it’s going in.
46. Have a healthy Hunger Games lunch with this bento lunch.
Of course, even this healthy lunch will only last you one meal. In other words, will give you no help in the arena.
47. Nothing brings the spirit of the Hunger Games like these flaming arrow cake pops.
Now you might not see flaming arrows in the Hunger Games movies. But since she’s “the Girl on Fire” and shoots arrows, they seem a good fit.
48. May the odds be ever in your favor with this Hunger Games fruit dessert.
Now this is said to come from the Mellark Bakery. Still, at least it’s healthier than some of the treats I’ve shown so far.
49. Those who thought the books were better might like this cake, too.
Now this is pretty creative. Of course, it’s either made by a professional or someone with too much time on their hands.
50. Now this Hunger Games bento will help get you through the day.
But it won’t get you through the arena. Still, you have to admire the design on that Hunger Games sandwich.
51. Grace your Hunger Games dessert platter with this nightlock berry cake.
Okay, so basically this is a cake that seems to glamorize teen suicide. Or teenagers possibly having little knowledge of wilderness survival skills, like in Foxface’s situation.
52. Remember with this cake, the odds just might be in your favor.
Because true love is making a suicide pact with poison berries so you don’t have to kill your boyfriend. Or the guy who everyone thinks is your boyfriend.
53. Have a fiery lunch with this Hunger Games bento.
Comes with a Hunger Games sandwich and some veggie flames. Also, like the arrow stuck into it.
54. With these cookies, there are odds that your guests will find them in their favor.
Yes, I keep showing cookies on this post. But you need to understand, I don’t seem to have a lot to work with here.
55. May the odds be ever in your chocolately favor with these Hunger Games brownies.
Other than the Mockingjay design, these look pretty doable. Just need to get some circular cookie covers, but they could be easy to make.
56. Volunteer? Well, hope this cake can put the odds in your favor.
Now this is a birthday cake for a 13 year old girl. Not sure if I find it disturbing or not, for obvious reasons.
57. Nothing shows your love for the Hunger Games or each other than this wedding cake.
For God’s sake, the Hunger Games is one of the most inappropriate wedding themes ever since it revolves around a teenage death match. Seriously, it’s something that would appall Katniss, Peeta, and all their Victor friends. I mean what the fuck?
58. Celebrate the Hunger Games with this golden Mockingjay cake.
Now this is a great cake design. However, I might want to take some issue with the nightlock berries on the bottom.
59. Nothing brings the spirit of the Hunger Games like this book cake.
Now this looks like it was spray painted save for the logo. Probably done by a professional.
60. If you like the Hunger Games, then you’ll love this cake of Katniss and Peeta in the cave.
Of course, in the books, they were in way worse shape in the cave scenes. And yes, it’s fairly apparent that Katniss was faking it. Or was she? You can’t be sure.