Next in my snow and ice posts this year is snow sculpture. While snowmen may technically count, it’s quite a specialized designation. Besides, the snow sculptures I usually put on are way more intricate. Nonetheless, in the winter months, some places have winter festivals where artists carve these snowy wonders. Carved from a single block of snow weighing as much as 20-30 tons, these snow creations grace these winter carnivals where they’re cold enough to stand. Some can be rather small. While some can be as tall as a building. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of enchanted winter wonders. Enjoy.
- It’s perfect weather for horseback riding.
Okay, it’s not. But this guy on a horse is utterly amazing.
2. X-wing always beats TIE.
These are craft from Star Wars. And you guess the TIE has been blasted apart.\
3. Hope you feel at home near these stately homes.
You’d almost think it’s a whole neighborhood. And in a way, it kind of is.
4. Wonder what’s inside this ball.
It has other balls inside. Not sure how that could be pulled off.
5. Try to marvel at 3 deer passing you by.
Wonder if this is a scene from mythology. If so, I wouldn’t be surprise. Nonetheless, the deer look so majestic.
6. You can’t separate these 2 bears.
Almost seems like they’re reflecting each other. Let’s hope they’re not doing anything too inappropriate here.
7. There’s always time to see the world.
This one has a globe on a watch with wings. Not sure what it means.
8. Mounted horsemen always look dashing.
You can see they’re mounted archers. Because bows and arrows are range weapons that can kill people at great distances.
9. The hollow sun shines between 2 trees.
Kind of resembles vortex. While a giant bird flies from one tree to another.
10. You’ll feel sweet serenity at any Asian temple or shrine.
You can’t go in it. But you can see it night thanks to the lights which emphasize its architectural features.
11. Moai be singing on this street.
They’re the big statues on Easter Island. Yet, here they have the makings of a barbershop quartet.
12. What does that bird have in its beak?
Looks like a metal button or something. Still, you have to love the detail on the bird’s beak.
13. You never know what you’ll find in the forest at night.
This more stylized than the other sculptures so far. Yet, the woman sits on the moon while the wind blows through her hair.
14. The tree branches were all bare.
This is from Lithuania. Yet, all the branches seem to fit together.
15. Who’s burning in the snowy fire?
Because it surely seems like a few people are. For I can see their faces.
16. Ever see a dolphin on the snow?
Indeed, dolphins are marine mammals. But it’s nonetheless cute.
17. Anyone would love this snow sculpture of Charlie Brown.
Unlike some of the other sculptures, this Charlie Brown is spray painted. Perfect for the holidays.
18. Winter wildlife is always amazing to look at.
This one consists of an elk and a baby. But you got to love those antlers.
19. Best you stay away from the traffic light.
He just had to lick the pole didn’t he. Meanwhile his dog is trying to get him away.
20. Here we find a dog and her pups.
This one has the dog strung out on the log. While her pups are underneath.
21. Snoopy passes the puck.
Yet, Snoopy doesn’t seem too enthusiastic about the game. While Woodstock drives a Zamboni.
22. There’s always time for fun in the winter.
Someone is even doing a one hand stand. While their friend holds them for support.
23. Make way for the train.
You can see it loading right now. Though you wouldn’t want to come aboard.
24. Is that an octopus in the snow?
Yes, it’s a snow octopus. But you won’t find it underwater.
25. The snow whales are quite majestic, aren’t they?
There’s even a seal at the front. But these whales glide over the coral wreath.
26. The yeti must be rising.
Though I’m sure one wouldn’t be that big. If it existed in the Himalayas.
27. This giant fish has a wide mouth.
Yet, I’m not sure if its features are in proportion. Yet, the detail is amazing.
28. These dolphins always swim together.
Actually they seem to dive into the waves. Still, you can’t help but admire it.
29. A child always rises on the parents’ shoulders.
I think this might be a Chinese farming family. You can even see the animals behind the people.
30. Are those fingers or trees?
Guess it must be one of those abstract pieces. Nonetheless, it looks quite strange.
31. Here we come to a prehistoric struggle.
You’d think it’s a scene straight out of Jurassic Park. Now in the likeness of snow.
32. Beware of the faceless figures.
That has to be kind freaky. Wonder if they’re Dementors or wraiths.
33. This bear hugs a wooden pole.
I know it’s white like a polar bear. But its features resemble a grizzly.
34. An intimidating bear stands on the large rock.
Seems like it’s meant to denote a 40th anniversary. Not sure for what.
35. A lizard rides the waves.
Sure it’s not quite wintry. But nonetheless, it’s rather charming and awe inspiring.
36. You’d swear you’d find hoplite snowmen in this horse.
Since it’s a snowy Trojan Horse. So beware of Greeks bearing gifts.
37. Never thought I’d see elephants in the snow.
This is an elephant mother and baby. They’re African. But they’re adorable.
38. Care to come in?
Seems to resemble a hobbit hole from the Shire. But it could just as easily be a very cozy igloo.
39. The Arctic tundra can be a treacherous place.
This one has Inuit rescuing their companions on the ice. While the ice has broken.
40. That’s an interesting way to arrange books.
These books are squished together on a shelf. I know it kind of resembles an accordion. But it’s not.
41. Don’t want to step on this Lego brick.
Though I’m not sure how it’s possible. Because the brick is undeniably massively.
42. Perhaps you might want to help one of these topless women.
Yet, you have to wonder why they’re not wearing coats. Also, two have bowls on their heads and they aren’t using their hands to support them.
43. The boat is just right outside.
The house is in an Asian style. While the boat may be used for fishing. So pretty.
44. The Calaca stands out in the winter snow.
This is a skull you see around Dia de los Muertos. Sure it’s not the time for it. But it works.
45. A small child plays with his little toy.
Though the kid looks incredibly large. While the toy resembles a boat on wheels.
46. Nothing beats playing under the flowers.
The flowers appear quite large. While the kids and animals look rather small.
47. Satan rises from his fiery lair in Hell.
You can see the skull and flames. While the Devil has horns on his head. Then again, this might be from a different mythology since it’s in China.
48. A majestic owl dominates the night.
Yet, you find a family of bears and other creatures underneath the owl’s wings. Wonder if this is a tribute to North American wildlife. But I could be wrong.
49. You’ll find a Viking ship on the north seas.
Though I wouldn’t want to be on the long boat. No wonder they raid villages once they land.
50. Wonder where those snow horses came from.
These horses appeared to jump from the wall. Hope they don’t cause too much damage.
51. Are you in the mood for a frozen treat?
Since it resembles a rather tasty ice cream dessert on top. Though the bottom doesn’t look like a cone or bowl.
52. Kids always look forward to the festivities.
I guess this is for Chinese New Year. For I see a large Chinese lantern in the background.
53. A warrior woman always looks badass from a tree.
Kind of reminds me of an Amazon. Though she could certainly put a shirt on. Since it’s cold outside.
54. An eagle warrior captivates at the campfire.
Then again, that looks more like a bird. Wonder if this is from Native American mythology.
55. A burning torch lights up the world.
You can see it’s held by 2 hands. Though the flame will melt if near a real fire.
56. An eagle flies triumphant into a ring.
You have to admire its spectacular wings. while its talons perch onto the ring and into the snow.
57. A cowboy naps against a cactus.
I know this is a desert scene where you don’t see any snow. But it’s quite spectacular for a winter carnival.
58. Feel free to make yourself at this hobbit home.
Well, it’s not as cozy as the real thing. But it’s close enough.
59. These polar bears are just taking it easy.
Despite that climate changes threatens their very existence. While a penguin serves them. Wait a minute, polar bears and penguins don’t live in the same area.
60. Now here’s a nativity scene you can get inside.
Well, I see the wise men and the animals. So I guess the stable is quite crowded for Christmas.
Wow, it amazes me the talents some people have.
Best Snow Castle photos