Moving on to snow sculpture which is another seasonal art form. Yet, unlike building a snowman, building a snow sculpture in my area is almost impossible. Unless the sculpture is quite small. But that’s nothing compared to snow sculptures in other parts of the world where they host such events during the winter months. Because western PA doesn’t have the kind of weather for this. Nevertheless, I did a snow sculpture post two years ago and have plenty of pictures left over from it. Since I found a lot of examples of elaborate snow sculpture. And this was before I started using Pinterest. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of snow sculptures that will make your snowman seem tame in comparison. Hope you enjoy it on a snowy day like I have at home.
- What’s better than a ship in a bottle? How about a snow ship in a snow bottle?
Not sure how much it took to make it. But it’s nonetheless incredible to see.
2. With horses like these, it’s hard to think they’re not real.
Well, they certainly blend in with the landscape. At any rate, they’re certainly stunning.
3. Seems like someone is clinging to a lamp post today.
Seems like the dog couldn’t resist following him. What’s a poor animal to do?
4. Wouldn’t you think it strange to see a dolphin on the pavement?
I would certainly say so. But this dolphin is made from snow so it’s nothing to worry about.
5. Don’t mind the farmer. He’s just milking his cow.
And it has the dogs look on. Don’t worry, he’ll get to them soon enough. Though he won’t milk them.
6. The Caped Crusader never abandons Gotham City, especially during the winter.
This Batman snow sculpture certainly looks huge. Then again, he does have an imposing presence. At least he’s not battling a shark.
7. Can’t imagine to see a polar bear at a pipe organ.
Now that looks incredibly strange. But quite fitting if it pertains to snow and winter.
8. With one piece of snow, one can carve a block of roses.
So far as they know their way around with a snow blower. At any rate, this is amazing.
9. Didn’t think a sphnix would go for a hat like that.
Of course, you’d find no such thing on a Sphinx in Egypt. So it’s more of a unique artistic expression here.
10. Even in the cold, you can find so many animals at the zoo.
This is a zoo snow sculpture by the way. Yet, all the animals are in rich detail. So see for yourself.
11. “Well, I ain’t scared of no grizzly bear.”
That’s a good example of famous last words as far as this scene is concerned. Please tell me this is a tribute to Hugo Glass from the Revenant.
12. A wolf always stands on all legs to howl.
Well, this wolf is in a more geometric carving design. But it’s still quite a sight to be seen.
13. Bet you never saw a puffer fish like this before.
Yes, puffer fish might look adorable to look at. But don’t frighten them since they’re all covered in spikes.
14. My guess this is a scene from Moby Dick.
Because it seems to involve harpooning a whale in a book. Still, Captain Ahab is a guy you wouldn’t want to work for at all.
15. Can you take a look at these giant snow shoes?
Well, tennis shoes aren’t great for snowy weather. But these certainly take the cake in sculpture.
16. This seems to be a fitting tribute to any ice queen.
Well, an ice sculpture would be more like it. But a snow sculpture is good enough.
17. How could the lights be on in this snow car?
My guess is that they built a snow car around the car. At any rate, it’s quite creative.
18. This little snow piggie is almost impossible to resist.
You have to admire its cute little eyes and snout. Still, pigs can be quite nasty creatures if they’re in a bad mood.
19. Here we go to Snoopy relaxing in the snow.
Though he usually rests on top of his dog house. But this is quite a snow sculpture I had to put on this post.
20. Nothing seems to have grandeur during the winter like a dragon.
Yes, this is quite the magnificent dragon to behold. Just have to admire the wings. Stunning.
21. Seems like someone left behind their canoe.
Then again, it seems to resemble a kayak. And it appears Indian made in the US.
22. Hope you find yourself at a nice warm fire at this cozy cabin.
Okay, it’s made out of snow and won’t make you warm or cozy. But it has a lot of great artistic detail.
23. This shrine brings in the glory of the Olympic Games.
Since it’s said to be from the Harbin festival, my guess is it’s from 2008. When China hosted the games in Beijing that’s famous for it’s high rate of air pollution.
24. A unicorn always looks magical in the winter.
This one was made in someone’s yard. And it’s topped with an ice horn for good measure.
25. Take what you may but you have to admire Lady Liberty’s sense of humor.
Well, she can be quite the tease. Still, this is a rather amusing snow sculpture if you ask me.
26. An snow sculpture like this shows the glory of China.
I showed part of this sculpture in a post 2 years ago just for the winged horses. But yes, this is certainly for China.
27. Fat Buddha sits proudly on his snow throne.
Or is it Budai who’s often mistaken for Buddha? At any rate, you can tell it’s from an Asian nation.
28. A Japanese pagoda snow castle always shines in the night through light.
Well, it’s certainly a stunning sight to see. But yes, this is a Japanese castle.
29. Never thought I’d ever see a large lobster like that in the winter.
Another sculpture done in someone’s yard. Now this is just insane from how I see it. This is especially since it’s red.
30. This headless angel is surely a sight to behold.
Well, this is a rendition of a Nike sculpture. And by that I mean the Greek goddess, not the shoe. Not sure what happened to her head.
31. This sailor seems oddly calm just above a shark.
I hope this isn’t a tribute to Jaws. Because I have an idea what will happen to that guy if it is.
32. A Chinese dragon looks no more magical than in the snow.
Yes, the Chinese surely have elaborate dragons in their artwork and celebrations. This one is no exception.
33. Think of this is Jurassic Park on ice.
Well, in snow sculpture form anyway. Chances are, T-Rex messed with the wrong triceratops.
34. Not sure where her skin ends or where her dress begins.
It’s as if she rises from the snow almost organically. That can’t be right since she’s obviously carved from a block on a pavement.
35. Nobody could ever resist this little snow bear.
Almost seems like a polar Winnie the Pooh. Still, it’s so cute you just want to give it a hug.
36. Someone must’ve messed with the wrong shark.
Yeah, chances are you’ll never see that swimmer again. Wonder why I see so many snow sharks.
37. A horse can get you through a lot of rough places.
But spook the one you’re riding and you’re as good as dead. Still, not sure what the horse is doing here.
38. Santa Claus always loves to see the little children.
Well, I had to include Santa here somehow since it’s the middle of December. But not sure what to make from this one.
39. This snow frontiersman explores the West.
The American ones always seem to have a certain folk style about them. Not exactly sure why.
40. Here we come to a castle tower sitting above talking trees.
Well, that’s a bit strange. Then again, maybe it’s an artistic rendition of Isengard. That might explain a lot.
41. A snow swirl seems rather abstract.
For me such snow sculpture pieces are only of decorative value. But it’s quite interesting to see nevertheless.
42. Never saw a rose window tower by itself before.
This is another abstract piece. But it’s a beautiful one to see if you get my drift.
43. This little bear wants to take your picture.
Well, I’m sure cuteness factors in to this bear with a camera set up. But I know many of my viewers would enjoy looking at it.
44. A barge hauler’s work is hard as the day is long.
This is called “Barge Haulers on the Volga” and it’s certainly made by a Russian artist. Not sure if this is from a painting or what.
45. Try roasting marshmallows over this open fire.
Okay, it would probably not go anywhere. But still, a snow fire is quite awesome.
46. In case you couldn’t find a more snowy tribute to man’s best friend.
Yes, it almost looks like a giant bull dog. Still, let’s hope the artist isn’t one of those obsessive pet owners.
47. It takes two hands to make a heart.
This one uses two giant hands made out of snow. But it’s guaranteed to warm your heart.
48. Ever thought about climbing aboard a giant turtle?
Well, you can surely climb aboard this large snow turtle. You read that right. Nevertheless, it’s incredible.
49. We all should know how Rapunzel lets down her hair.
Well, she does have a very long strand that she keeps in a braid so it won’t get tangled. Though she must be lonely in that tower.
50. There’s nothing as magnificent as a glorious owl carved from snow.
Now that’s a beautiful owl as I can see. Love the detail on the wings.
51. Can there ever be anything more graceful than two eagles in flight?
Not exactly sure what these eagles are doing (though I bet it’s some mating ritual). Still, this is such a magnificent work of art.
52. Here we have penguins all in a row.
I don’t think that’s a penguin parent and chicks. Because as far as I know they only have one a year in Antarctica. A puffin family makes a bit more sense.
53. Wonder what that moose is looking for.
Let me guess, food, a mate, or somewhere to avoid a bear. Yet, he also drinks from a mug.
54. Wonder what’s cooking in this witch’s brew.
Not sure what it is. But my best guess is nothing you see from Harry Potter.
55. A Shinto shrine is always simple but elegant.
Well, it certainly resembles a Shinto shrine as far as I’m concerned. But it does have a dash of simplicity to it.
56. When there’s trouble, it’s Buzz Lightyear to the rescue.
Like how he has an ice helmet. Still, this is gigantic from what I see here.
57. An elephant always protects her calves.
Well, her calves and her family calves as well. Nevertheless, while female elephants are relatively calm, don’t mess with them.
58. A snow angel stands out with flowers any day.
Well, this snow angel does. Though flowers are an odd choice for a winter motif.
59. This Russian snow sculpture shows two glorious birds.
One of these has to be the firebird. Not exactly sure which one. Love the castle though.
60. Snow totem poles always look spectacular.
And I can’t argue with that. Still, love what’s surrounding these snow poles. Stunning.