Like Disney, the Muppets have always been in the business of Christmas since they became popular. In fact, they’ve had Christmas specials and movies like the famous Muppet Christmas Carol from the 1990s. And I have it to open this post since it’s considered one of the best Muppet Christmas films. Of course, I have to give Sir Michael Caine’s performance as Ebenezer Scrooge credit, too. I mean the guy is a gifted actor and it takes a lot of effort to be mean to these loveable Hensonian creations. Oh, and Sesame Street had a good Christmas special that was based on the story Christmas Every Day and why such a concept is a very bad idea. Nevertheless, this year the Muppets opened the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade while Sesame Street performed as always. Still, over the years, there’s a lot of Muppet Christmas stuff and that’s where I come in. So for your reading pleasure, I present to you a very Muppet Christmas part of this Merry Geekmas scheme. Believe me, there are huge Muppet fans out there and many of them aren’t children. And there are a lot of Sesame Street fans who aren’t young children. Of course, both the Muppets and Sesame Street tend to parody a lot of adult stuff which explains why they’re so popular.
- There’s nothing that says Merry Christmas like this Sesame Street tree.
This is a cute Christmas tree. Love how they used letters and numbers. Love it.
2. This Jingle Bell Elmo will melt your heart.
Elmo sing you “Jingle Bells” to spread Christmas cheer. Children love Elmo because he’s fuzzy and cute. Though Elmo is super annoying.
3. For Christmas, it’s always apparent that Rizzo the Rat is only here for the food.
Of course, he’s a rat what do you expect. Also, he’ll probably bring his rat family along with him.
4. Rowlf the dog wishes you Christmas joy.
This is a card made by the late Jim Henson. And yes, I think it’s quite a work of art.
5. Celebrate this Christmas by hanging this Kermit the Frog stocking near your fireplace.
As we know, this red stocking doesn’t need much green if it has Kermit. Since he already takes care of that.
6. Of course, your Christmas can be a bit grouchy with this Oscar lawn decoration.
Well, Oscar is a perpetual grouch 24/7 let alone on Christmas. Then again, considering the trash output during the holidays, you might think he’d revel during this time of year.
7. Have a perfect Muppet Christmas with this tree.
I especially like how they have Gonzo tangled in lights and garland. That’s pretty clever.
8. Make your Christmas brighter with this string of Elmo lights.
Just what we all need. So they have to have a string of lights of a cute little red muppet who can be annoying to parents.
9. As we all know from Beaker, meepers gonna meep.
Because “meep” is the only thing he usually says. Still, you admire him for his loyalty to Dr. Bunsen Honeydew for all its implications.
10. Fans of Muppet Babies will absolutely love this Christmas sweater.
This one features Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Fozzie Bear. So adorable. Love it.
11. You better watch out for Elmo Claus
This is Elmo dressed in a Santa outfit with a present. I know kids will love it and sure it’s adorable.
12. I’m sure Santa would love to stuff this Elmo stocking.
Well, this is just a stocking that has Elmo’s face on it. Seems easy to make.
13. Nothing says a Muppet Christmas like gracing this Kermit and Piggy wreath on your door.
This one has Kermit dressed as Santa and Piggy in a green dress and fur coat. Hope Piggy doesn’t have PETA get on her case.
14. These Sesame Street ornaments will make adorable additions on your tree.
This one includes Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Elmo. I think Cookie made the gingerbread train for himself.
15. Aw, Elmo has a present for Cookie Monster.
Hope Elmo gave him an assortment of Christmas cookies. Because we all know what Cookie Monster appreciates.
16. Oscar isn’t known for his Christmas spirit.
Well, at least this ornament sums up Oscar’s wonderful personality. Yes, it’s probably better to scram.
17. Hey, it’s the ghosts of Jacob and Robert Marley with the Ghost of Christmas Present.
These are from A Muppet Christmas Carol. As you know, the chained ghosts are Statler and Waldorf.
18. Celebrate the season with an ornament everyone’s favorite grumpy old men.
I don’t know about you. But I think Statler and Waldorf get a kick heckling the other Muppets from their box. I mean they always laugh at their own burns.
19. Merry Christmas from the Muppets Express.
This Muppet Christmas train makes some degree of sense. I think it’s quite fitting.
20. Cookie Monster would like to wish everyone happy holidays.
Why does this Cookie Monster inflatable have a candy cane? He should more likely have a gingerbread man cookie in his hand. That would’ve been more appropriate.
21. Celebrate this holiday season with this spectacular Sesame Street tree.
The ornaments on this tree seem fuzzy. It also has quite colorful decorations. Love it.
22. You can’t go wrong this holiday season with a Christmas wreath of Kermit and his friends.
This one has Kermit with Fozzie and Gonzo. Also includes Christmas lights and baubles.
23. Cookie Monster and Elmo always enjoy the occasional sleigh ride.
Though it’s hard to go on a sleigh ride when there’s no snow outside. But this is adorable.
24. Rizzo the Rat always makes a holiday impression.
Even funnier is how he’s in Mickey Mouse attire. Though he’s wearing longer pants.
25. Seasons Greetings from your favorite Sesame Street characters.
These lawn decorations consist of Cookie Monster, Elmo, and Big Bird. Still, Big Bird is taller while Cookie shouldn’t hold a candy cane.
26. This Sesame Street Christmas gingerbread scene will melt your heart.
Guess they get a lot of snow there as you see from the roof. Still, this is adorable.
27. There’s nothing more cuddlier on Christmas than these Sesame Streets holiday plushies.
Includes Cookie Monster, Elmo, Big Bird, and Grover. At least Cookie has a chocolate candy cane in this one.
28. Of course, you can’t resist this Cookie Monster Christmas tree.
Well, this seems like a rather simple way to decorate Christmas tree. Just eyes, mouth, lights, and Santa hat on an artificial blue Christmas tree and you’re good to go.
29. This Big Bird nutcracker makes a great addition on your Christmas mantle.
Doesn’t exactly look like Big Bird. But I like his little toy soldier outfit.
30. Any little girl would absolutely delight in this Abby Cadabby tree.
Well, I’m not familiar with Abby Cadabby. But I think this tree is adorable.
31. This Muppet Christmas wreath has all your puppet favorites.
This one even includes Sesame Street characters like Big Bird and Elmo. Of course, Kermit is Santa in the center.
32. This Muppet Christmas Carol cake is a delectable treat.
Well, this is an appropriate treat. Love how it features the characters. Looks tasty.
33. This Cookie Monster nutcracker is more accustomed to the chocolate chip variety.
He even has sack of cookies next to him. Love the smile on his face.
34. Wish your dad a merry Christmas with this card featuring Statler and Waldorf.
After all, Statler and Waldorf are the original grumpy old men. Can’t get enough of these guys.
35. Merry Christmas from the Muppets and the Jim Henson Company.
This one has Sesame Street, the Muppets, and the Fraggles. Not very familiar with the Fraggles.
36. Looks like Big Bird didn’t have a great Christmas.
Okay, this is a very sick Christmas card that’s not related to Jim Henson but I had to show it. There’s a Thanksgiving one, too by the way.
37. Nothing delights children like this book about Christmas Eve on Sesame Street.
Looking at the cover on this book, it doesn’t seem that Christmas on Sesame Street is a cheery occasion. Also, Big Bird seems quite depressed.
38. These Sesame Street ornaments will surely bring holiday cheer.
Cookie Monster holds a bunch of happy gingerbread men. From how I’d see it, the cookies are more likely to see him as their Godzilla.
39. Finally, a Christmas tree that Cookie Monster could be proud of.
This one is blue with cookies, spoons, baubles, and letters. Hope the cookies aren’t real or you know what Cookie will do to them.
40. This Muppet gingerbread house will bring anyone Christmas joy.
Well, it surely seems like a rather old building. It’s probably their theater. Love it.
41. This Sesame Street Christmas tree will help kids learn their ABCs.
This one has plush ornaments on it. Still, I have to like this one so I include it.
42. This Kermit nutcracker comes with a sled.
He has a scarf, Santa hat, and mittens. Still, he doesn’t seem to wear much despite that frogs are cold-blooded amphibians. I don’t mean in a moral sense.
43. A Sesame Street Christmas tree must go with its own tree skirt.
This features Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, and Elmo. And it has a red and green pattern.
44. This Muppet Christmas sweater will surely create an impression.
Like how this one has Miss Piggy in her own stocking which is larger than Fozzie and Kermit’s. Then again, it’s understandable.
45. Any child would delight in these Elmo Christmas plush decorations.
They consist of Elmo with candy canes, garlands, and a sack of presents. So cute.
46. Celebrate the season with this Elmo Saves Christmas album.
A great way for young children to annoy their parents during the holidays. Still, if you kiddies really want to freak them out, perhaps a CD of One Direction would be better.
47. This Ernie nutcracker can always cheer anyone during the holidays.
He even has a rubber duckie staff. Still, this is quite creative and adorable.
48. This Elmo drummer boy doesn’t skip a beat.
He even has presents below him. Hope he doesn’t open his mouth when he plays.
49. Make this year a green Christmas with Kermit.
Of course, Kermit knows that it’s not easy being green. But you have to wonder why the hell he doesn’t wear a coat in the winter.
50. Miss Piggy can be a lovely Christmas angel.
Actually personality wise, she’s anything but angelic. But this is pretty funny.
51. Seems like Beaker has some holiday anxiety.
To be fair, Beaker has every reason to be nervous. After all, he gets blown up a lot at Muppet Labs.
52. Beaker wonders what’s in this gift box.
Chances are if it’s from Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, it’s probably something that’ll blow up in Beaker’s face. Otherwise, I’m not so sure.
53. These Sesame Street baubles will make your season bright.
Includes Cookie Monster, Oscar, Elmo, Bert, and Ernie. Available on Etsy.
54. You can surely deck the halls wearing this Kermit Christmas sweater.
He’s even singing to “Deck the Halls.” Love how he’s wearing plaid and a Santa hat.
55. This Kermit and Piggy Christmas sweater vest has all the trimmings.
This even has Santa, tinsel, and a tree that lights up. Yes, these Christmas sweaters can be quite elaborate.
56. On this wreath Kermit and his friends sing their holiday favorites.
Well, it just has Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Animal. All in all, this is a nice wreath for any door.
57. Listen to the Muppets sing your Christmas favorites with John Denver in A Christmas Together.
This came out in the 1980s since John Denver died in a plane crash during the 1990s. But yes, this exists.
58. This Kermit Santa wreath will always greet guests with a smile.
He even has a present in his hands, too. Of course, he’d prefer flies over cookies since he’s a frog.
59. If you like The Muppet Christmas Carol, then check out this gingerbread display.
Yes, it’s the gingerbread version of the street you see in the movie. Yet, they have fraggles underground which weren’t featured.
60. Wish your hubby a Merry Kissmas with this holiday card.
Okay, that’s cute. Yet, a great example of a Muppet item that’s certainly not for kids.
61. Nothing makes the holiday season merrier like this Muppet North Pole Christmas village.
Yes, they have a Muppet Christmas village, too. And even Muppet figurines to match.
62. Hope this Big Bird wreath makes your Christmas warm and fuzzy.
Just a green rag wreath with pom poms. Like seeing Big Bird with a scarf.
63. Oscar celebrates the holiday season the only way he knows how.
He even has his trash can decorated with well, garbage. Well, at least he recycles.
64. Show your grouchiness this Christmas with this Oscar sweater.
Yeah, Oscar isn’t in the mood to talk right now. Still, this is brilliant.
65. How about a Christmas sweater of Oscar’s can in lights?
Even in a Santa hat and beard, Oscar is still his old grouchy self. Stay grouchy, my friend.
66. Nothing cheers a child up on Christmas like an Elmo plush stocking with green mittens.
Not sure if this one sings. But I’m sure little kids will enjoy it. Elmo even has a green hat to match.
67. Elmo, Abby, and Cookie Monster always play great Christmas music.
I like how Cookie Monster stuck a lot of cookies in his saxophone. What a way to ruin an instrument. But he couldn’t resist.
68. Elmo, Ernie, and Bert take time to be Santa’s helpers.
Well, Elmo is dressed as an elf. Ernie paints a rocking horse. Yet, Bert builds a birdhouse, most likely for his pigeons.
69. This holiday Miss Piggy doll has great Christmas style.
Knowing Piggy, this dress is probably from some high fashion designer. Since she dresses only from the best.
70. This Christmas, Rowlf plays a ditty on his piano.
Well, Rowlf doesn’t appear much as a Muppet these days. But this is a very cute card with him in a Santa hat.
71. This Christmas Cookie Monster builds his own gingerbread house.
You know he’ll most likely devour it in a way that’ll result in a big mess not long after the presentation. Because we know Cookie Monster and what he likes.
72. In December, the Count always counts down the days to Christmas.
Kind of wish he had a calendar of December instead of this. But it’ll do.
73. Ernie Makes a list while Bert puts up the lights.
And it seems that Ernie has a lot of things he wants for Christmas. Meanwhile, Bert had an accident and got himself tangled.
74. Big Bird comes in dressed as Santa with a sack of toys.
Here he is with this teddy bear Radar. Still, this is quite adorable if you ask me.
75. This assortment of Sesame Street ornaments should be a welcome addition to your Christmas tree.
Includes Ernie, Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Elmo, and Oscar. Each of these has quite a clever spin.
76. This Cookie Monster wreath will make your holiday home especially welcoming.
Well, it has a plush Cookie on a rag and pom pom wreath. Love it.
77. This Sesame Street Christmas tree will surely make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Like how it has Big Bird on the tree as it should since he’s the face of Sesame Street. But I like the other plush ornaments as well.
78. These light up Sesame Street decorations will make your season bright.
These consist of Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Abby Cadabby. Sure to lift spirits of those who see them.
79. Miss Piggy always loves to spend her holidays with her Kermie.
However, sometimes she doesn’t realize that Kermie needs his space. But what do you know?
80. Beaker wishes everyone a Merry Christmas in the only way he knows how.
Yeah, he just says “meep.” But at least he’s wearing a set of reindeer ears and antlers.
81. Miss Piggy always wishes a merry Christmas to moi.
Because we all know she’s the ultimate diva. And she always knows the value of self-care.
82. How about Miss Piggy in this Christmas pose?
I had to include a card like this of her in a sexy lady pose. Because she does a lot of these in pictures.
83. Of course, I can’t leave out a Christmas card of Mr. Scrooge.
Yes, I know it’s of Michael Caine who’s not a Muppet. But this is from The Muppet Christmas Carol. So it goes on the post.
84. This holiday season Rosita likes to take to the ice.
Well, I had to include at least one female Muppet from Sesame Street who wasn’t Abby Cadabby. Still, like her white sparkly outfit.
85. Miss Piggy always likes to get on top of presents.
She’s parodying many of the pinup images. Yet, I couldn’t leave this ornament out.
86. Guy Smiley always looks dashing as a toy soldier.
Yet, when he opens his mouth, he certainly doesn’t sound like one. But like the uniform nonetheless.
87. Nothing brings a bang out of the season like this Hallmark ornament of Gonzo the great in a cannon.
For nothing says Christmas like getting yourself shot out of a cannon. Honestly, how does Gonzo survive such stunts?
88. Rosita always appreciates a Christmas pinata.
It helps that it’s red with a green ribbon. Still, this is adorable.
89. Prairie Dawn sleeps on the armchair while waiting for Santa.
She even has the cookies on the arm. Yet, Santa would find this a little bit inconvenient.
90. Top your Christmas tree with Miss Piggy on the moon.
To be fair, this is an old tree topper. But it surely brings out Piggy’s good side.
91. Animal is wild about Christmas.
Well, he’s wild about anything. And yes, he can be a bit unhinged for his own good.
92. Of course, it’s not a Christmas tree without an ornament of the Electric Mayhem bus.
Because there’s no chance I could do a Muppet post and forget the Electric Mayhem. Those guys rock.
93. Make your Christmas merry by wearing this Sesame Street holiday sweater.
Features Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Oscar the Grouch. Sure it’s for adults but kids will love it.
94. Bet you’ve never seen a Christmas tree on Sesame Street like this.
I guess this one was at a mall. But it features characters like Elmo Cookie Monster, and Big Bird.
95. This Kermit nutcracker comes in his own Santa suit.
And he has the full outfit on, not just the robe. He even carries presents, too.
96. Who wouldn’t want to cuddle with Santa Gonzo this holiday season?
To be honest, Gonzo is kind of weird if you ask me. I mean his girlfriend is a chicken for God’s sake.
97. Fans of The Muppet Christmas Carol might appreciate this postcard of the Marley brothers.
On second thought, these guys look creepy in this. Like they’re from some Hensonian nightmare.
98. Girls who love Kermit will adore this Christmas sweater.
Unfortunately, Miss Piggy will most likely try to get her hands on it even if she has to fight tooth and nail. Like the bow on him though.
99. On this stocking Bert reads a book about oatmeal.
Well, I included the Ernie nutcracker. So I had to go with this. Still, not a book I’d read for fun.
100. Listen to seasonal favorites with the Green and Red Christmas album from the Muppets.
Features Kermit and Miss Piggy on the front. But I’m sure all the Muppets are well represented in the song listing.