While many Muppet fans prefer to buy their own merchandise, there are plenty of others who’d rather make their own. After all, the Muppets does have a lot of cute characters as well as cater to all ages. I mean many of these crafts are made for kids like knitted stuff toys and such. Some of them can even be decorations for parties. Of course, this crafty cover of Miss Piggy with pruning shears is a parody of Martha Stewart Living magazine. And you see how she has a shrub into a dollar sign. Yeah, you don’t see a lot of crafting on Muppets unless it pertains to creating lab concoction disasters, anything the blows up, or just to create a moment of slapstick. Because they usually aim toward comedy. Yet, I have found a lot of craft projects on Pinterest and Etsy as well as Google Images. Like I have for a lot of craft projects from several different franchises. So here I give you a treasure trove of Muppet crafts you might want make for yourself and treasure forever.
- Any child would have hours of fun with these Sesame Street blocks.
Includes Elmo, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Oscar, Ernie, and the Count. And they’re in all different colors. So cute.
2. No child could resist this Sesame Street chest of drawers.
Each drawer has a different Sesame Street character. And it seems that Oscar the Grouch is on the top.
3. How about a pumpkin carving of our favorite Muppet scientists Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker?
Like how they used a squash for Beaker. That’s just so perfect.
4. Let the light in with this Beaker suncatcher.
Now Beaker is immortalized in stain glass with that trademark expression on his face. Then again, he has a reason to be befuddled like that.
5. Those who love the Great Gonzo will love these earrings.
Well, I’m not sure what exactly Gonzo is supposed to be. But I think these are rather fitting for him. And they’re made from clay.
6. Fans of Cookie Monster would want to keep more with this crocheted hat.
It even has cookies at the tassels, which is very fitting. And it has eyes on the top. Adorable.
7. Cuddle up on the couch draped in a Muppet quilt like this.
This shows many of your favorite Muppet characters in a square pattern. And the squares are all different colors. Like the rainbow tile background.
8. This Muppet Babies wreath will melt your heart.
It’s made from different deco mesh colors. And it features plush Kermit and Miss Piggy. So cute.
9. When visiting Muppet Labs, don’t forget your parking pass.
Yes, Muppet Labs where the future is being made today. And where the healthcare benefits are truly exceptional. Seriously, why do you think Beaker works there?
10. There’s no better Muppet craft than an amigurumi of the late Jim Henson himself.
And here he is with a crocheted Kermit at his side. Because Kermit is his first Muppet and signature character. Love this.
11. Reenact your favorite Sesame Street scenes with these crocheted miniature Bert and Ernie.
To be fair they have miniature crocheted figures of almost all the Muppets. Sesame Street characters included. It’s just that I wanted one with more than one featured.
12. These Muppet rocks are perfect for any garden.
Guess this features characters from Muppets Most Wanted. Because one of them looks like Kermit with a mole. So I guess that’s Constantine.
13. Nothing looks more delightful than a Cookie Monster feather wreath.
Even features the rolling eyes and chocolate chip cookies. And the feathers add to the fuzziness. So adorable.
14. If you liked the “Manah, Manah,” you’ll like these amigurumi.
Now I have that song stuck in my head. Then again, it might be the version about Troy Polamalu I heard when I was in high school.
15. Make a child smile with this Elmo camera lens buddy.
Well, it might make very tiny kids smile since Elmo is very popular in that demographic. As for older kids and adults, it depends.
16. This Swedish Chef amigurumi is a great crocheted kitchen companion.
Unless it’s a Swedish kitchen, then he’ll be a doll of contention. But come on, his kitchen scenes are so entertaining.
17. No little one could ever resist a Sesame Street quilt like this.
Yes, I may be 26 years old with no kids. But even I thinks it’s so adorable. Love the characters on it.
18. Look chic this fall with this Scooter hat.
Scooter is the resident Muppet nerd and backstage manager. And while he’s significant in Muppet Babies, he’s not so much in the other Muppet stuff save the first movie.
19. This Kermit bottle cap portrait is a true work of Muppet art.
Yes, this is Kermit bottle cap portrait. I know it seems a bit strange. But it’s really a good representation of the most famous Muppet.
20. Spend hours of fun with these Muppet peg dolls.
As you can see, these are also from Muppets Most Wanted. Since it includes Walter and Constantine. Still, I like these.
21. For your little one’s Sesame Street birthday party, you can’t go without a personalized street sign.
This one just consists of a lamp post and a street sign. Might be made from wood. But it’s charming.
22. With a metal bucket, newspapers, and a pumpkin, this Oscar the Grouch decoration is a trashy charm.
After all Oscar lives in a trash can. So this is quite clever. Like how they used a trash can lid.
23. These crocheted Fraggles are hard to resist.
May not be familiar with Fraggle Rock from the 1980s. But I know those who grew up with it will love these.
24. Grace your front door with this tulle Cookie Monster wreath.
Like how the eyes are in different directions like Cookie Monster’s. Also like the cookies at the bottom. So cute.
25. Now your kids can color with these Sesame Street crayons.
Is Zoe supposed to be black or purple? Because she’s orange on the show. Also, why is Bert green? Shouldn’t that be Oscar?
26. For a child’s party, this balloon Sesame Street wreath is great for the front door.
And you can use balloons in all different colors. Of course, you won’t use them for their intended purpose.
27. Keep your belongings with you in this Beaker tote.
I have to admit this is a very clever design. Hope that it doesn’t make you prone to accidents though.
28. These earrings are meant for a real Animal fan.
However, the design seems quite delicate. And the earrings are quite heavy. Like the chains though.
29. Have endless fun learning with these Sesame Street felt finger puppets.
Includes, Ernie, Bert, Snuffy, Zoe, Oscar, Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Grover, and Harry. Yet, each is adorable in its own way. Also, they forgot the Count.
30. These wooden spoon Bunsen and Beaker are always a fine addition to the kitchen.
Though if they were real, your kitchen wouldn’t be much after they were done with it. Knowing what Beaker goes through putting up with Dr. Honeydew.
31. Seems someone wants some cookies.
Yes, it’s Cookie Monster in a jar salivating over the cookies that aren’t. Just consist putting a plush Cookie in it. Easy.
32. Style your hair with these Sesame Street hair clips.
Includes Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Elmo, and Oscar the Grouch. And each one is made from fuzzy feathers.
33. This wreath is always warm and fuzzy like Elmo.
And like Elmo, it’s red, fuzzy, and has big eyes and a nose. A perfect Elmo representation who’s such a cute little red monster.
34. Now you can have your picture taken behind this 123 Sesame Street backdrop.
However, I’d only suggest it as a DIY to any repressed art majors. Because this seems to be painted by one.
35. This Beaker clip holds papers together.
Speaking of paper clips, there’s actually a Muppet Show sketch where Beaker had to east some. Mostly because Bunsen said they were edible and his creation. Talk about irony.
36. This Fozzie Bear amigurumi will make you go “Wocka, Wocka.”
Yes, he may be a bear comedian whose jokes fall flat or are relentlessly corny. But he has a good heart.
37. Why not put Elmo on your rainbow wreath?
I’d rather have one of Kermit since he sings, “The Rainbow Connection.” But this is good enough.
38. Didn’t know you can make a Fozzie with just 2 flower pots.
Well, small ones actually. But at least it has the hat and polka dot tie.
39. This fuzzy crocheted Cookie Monster is impossible to resist.
Like how he’s made with fuzzy yarn which is quite fitting. Then again, Grover may be fuzzier.
40. For baby gifts, you can’t do wrong with Sesame Street crocheted rattles.
Consists of Big Bird, Oscar, Bert, Ernie, Grover, Elmo, and Cookie Monster. Yet, each is adorable in its own way.
41. There’s nothing better to hang on your front door than this fuzzy Grover wreath.
However, if you see a bald mustached man with a blue head, you might want to reconsider. Seriously, he doesn’t have much praise for Grover, especially when it comes to his serving abilities at Charlie’s.
42. There’s no glamorous amigurumi like this Miss Piggy doll.
Like how they gave this one doll hair instead of yarn. The dress isn’t too shabby either.
43. This Halloween, you can’t go wrong with Bert and Ernie pumpkin carvings.
I’ve actually had this picture with me for years. Nice to use it for a post like this. Like the squash noses.
44. This Sesame Street backdrop seems like a friendly neighborhood block.
They even have plush characters as decoration like Prairie Dawn, Baby Natasha, and one of the Honkers. Also like Oscar in his trash can.
45. These painted Muppet pumpkins are surely a delight.
Well, these aren’t really carved but painted. Which is just as fine. And once again, Beaker is a squash.
46. Speaking of painted pumpkins, there’s some for Sesame Street, too.
Includes Bert, Ernie, Elmo, and Cookie Monster. And they’re done in the same way as the Muppet ones.
47. This Miss Piggy mailbox is simply fabulous.
Just consists of a pig mailbox dressed as Miss Piggy. Wonder how they pulled that off.
48. These fuzzy trees are Sesame Street party delight.
If you take off the character faces, they could be used for a Dr. Seuss themed occasion. Includes Elmo, Cookie Monster, Oscar, and Big Bird.
49. This fuzzy Oscar comes with his own knitted trash can.
I also like the expression on his face, too. That’s just so Oscar the Grouch. And he’s proud of that. Now scram!
50. Who can resist this fuzzy crocheted Animal?
He’s all ready to drum at his set for the Electric Mayhem. Still, he can be quite unhinged offstage.
51. Keep warm in the cold with one of these crocheted Muppet beanie hats.
Each of these depicts a Muppet character you may know and love. And with close character precision.
52. Grace your living room with this Muppets wood carving.
Well, it’s from a tree trunk slice. But the carving is a rather cool work of art. Love it.
53. If you love the Muppets, then you should love this portrait set.
Each one shows a Muppet with a color background of their complexion. Consists of 20 in all.
54. Jewish Muppet fans will take well to this Kermit Hanukah wreath.
To be fair, I don’t do Hanukah posts on this blog. But I think this is a wreath I couldn’t pass up.
55. This Abby Cadabby amigurumi makes a magical crocheted fan.
Of course, she’s one of quite a few major female characters on Sesame Street who’s introduced to balance the show’s lack of female muppet characters. Seriously, for a long time, the only major female muppet on the show was Betty Lou.
56. This rainbow Muppet picture will surely delight any fan who looks at it.
And there are 2 for each rainbow color. Most of these are from Sesame Street. But some aren’t.
57. Fans of Kermit will adore this Rainbow Connection tapestry.
Has a plush banjo playing Kermit on a log with swamp plants. Not to mention the rainbow embroidered lyrics.
58. A Sesame Street gift bow wreath is great for a party.
Doesn’t hurt that it’s in rainbow colors, too. Well, sort of. But that’s beside the point.
59. If you like Grover, then you’ll adore this lovely mosaic portrait.
Hope it captures the furry blue monster who’s a total screw up. Still, this is quite cute.
60. This Rowlf sampler will help you think of a happy tune.
You know, Rowlf the Dog. Likable enough but doesn’t play as large a role in the Muppets as he used to.
61. These Kermit booties are fit for any little tadpole.
Doesn’t hurt that they have webbed feet. But they’re sue to keep any pair of little feet snug regardless.
62. Any child is sure to love this fuzzy little Elmo hat.
After all, Elmo’s so adorable. Even has an opening to keep their chin warm. So cute.
63. This flower pot Cookie Monster jar is great for Chips Ahoy.
And I’m sure Cookie Monster will appreciate this. Then he’ll take the cookies and violently eat them. As always.
64. Of course, there’s nothing more welcoming than a Big Bird wreath on your front door.
Well, this is certainly fitting. After all a Big Bird wreath must have yellow feathers. Since Big Bird is a large, yellow bird. But mind the beak.
65. These Sesame Street flower decorations will be sure hit.
Of course, I don’t think the flowers are real on these. Because if they were, it would have to be disposed after a while.
66. This amigurumi Elmo will surely give you smiles.
This one has cute big eyes like the fuzzy Muppet we love. Like the little arms and legs, too.
67. This Muppet Show quilt is a real show stunner.
Features your favorite Muppet characters in each square. Of course, Statler and Waldorf don’t get one since they’re usually in the audience.
68. Keep your wine contained with this Swedish Chef bottle stopper.
Because you’ll never know when you’ll end up losing the cork, cork, cork. Still, this is ingenious.
69. These minimalist Muppet portraits are great for any nursery.
Consists of 20 in all, as far as I can see. Hope you can guess which Muppet is which.
70. This Muppet quilt is a real colorful patchwork.
Includes characters from both the Muppets and Sesame Street. And even features numbers and letters.
71. This Cookie Monster pumpkin is great for holding his favorite food.
I don’t think the pumpkin is real. But I do like how it has cookies in it. So perfect.
72. No child could resist this fuzzy Cookie Monster rug.
Not sure what to make of this because it seems like someone killed Cookie Monster and made a rug from his skin. But I do like the cookie pillows.
73. This Cookie Monster sampler goes great on any wall.
Here he is eating his cookie and spreading crumbs everywhere. Yeah, Cookie Monster isn’t known for his table manners.
74. A Kermit cameo always carries an air of elegance.
Yes, they actually have these at Etsy. They also have a cameo Miss Piggy hairpin, too. But I like this.
75. Looks like a paintbrush Beaker has just popped up.
He’s probably hiding from Dr. Bunsen Honeydew who wants to use him for another experiment. But I think this is kind of clever.
76. Cuddle up with amigurumi of Bert and Ernie.
One is a fussy and eccentric neat freak while the other is a gregarious slacker. But they’ve lived together for decades and wouldn’t have it any other way.
77. This Sesame Street yarn wreath has color corresponding with characters.
Well, this is for a little kid’s party. Includes Elmo, the Count, Abby Cadabby, Cookie Monster, Oscar, Big Bird, and Zoe. So cute.
78. Any kid would want to plant a flower in this Cookie Monster pot.
79. This Muppets quilt will help any child learn their ABCs.
This one has the alphabet all around the border. And it has your favorite Muppets in the squares.
80. This Animal wreath comes with bright sunflowers.
Well, the Animal in the center of this deco mesh wreath is plush. But he certainly seems happy.
81. Have fun learning with these Sesame Street peg dolls.
This one even includes Snuffy and has Big Bird actually tall. Still, I think these are adorable. Love them.
82. Keep your head warm this fall and winter with these Sesame Street beanie hats.
These are all made from fleece with the faces of all your favorite Sesame Street characters. So cute.
83. This wreath will show you that Miss Piggy is a bonafide star.
And yes, it has to be all shiny and sparkly. Not to mention, it’s gotta have pink as Piggy likes it.
84. Hope these Kermit earrings make it easy being green.
I suppose Piggy has a pair of these. If only to match with any green dress. Or to impress Kermit.
85. Snuggle on your couch with these knitted Muppets.
Includes Cookie Monster, Elmo, and Kermit. Cookie Monster even has his own cookie he’s eating.
86. If you love Kermit and Piggy, you’ll love this sampler.
Has the Kermit the Frog collar and a pearl necklace. Includes words from a song of one of the latest Muppet movies.
87. Cuddle up with something green like this Kermit pillow.
Has the trademark Kermit face with his eyes and big smile. Not to mention, the collar.
88. This rag Big Bird wreath will give kids big smiles.
This one has a plush Big Bird in the center surrounded by rags of green, yellow, orange, an blue. Yet, he seems rather welcoming as always.
89. For Christmas, how about hang this Beaker stocking at your fireplace.
This one shows him freaking out over a lab accident. Of course, it’s probably going to blow up in his face, eventually.
90. Show your love for the Muppets with this bracelet.
Each bead here is made from polymer clay. But at least it has some of your favorite characters.
91. For your wedding, these Muppet bouquets are simply sensational.
These bouquets seem to represent members of the Electric Mayhem. But the flowers are all in vibrant colors. Yes, there are Muppet themed weddings. Don’t ask.
92. For the curmudgeon in your life, you can’t go wrong with Statler and Waldorf earrings.
Because there’s nothing more fashionable by wearing earrings featuring 2 heckling old guys. By the way, they were based on 2 of Jim Henson’s professors who told him he wouldn’t make it in puppetry.
93. If you like Fraggle Rock, then you’ll enjoy these finger puppets.
Well, not familiar with Fraggle Rock. But I love how these Fraggles take up the bleachers.
94. It may not be easy being green, but this crocheted Kermit will melt your heart.
Now I just had to add an amigurumi of him on this post. After all, he’s the best known Muppet. This one really captures his eyes, too.
95. These Electric Mayhem amigurumi come crocheted.
This only has 4 of their members sans their trumpet player who you mostly don’t see and Animal. But these are great.
96. Of course, you can’t have a Muppet craft post without including an amigurumi of Big Bird.
Here he is shown with a birdseed ice cream cone. And he even has feathers. So adorable.
97. This crocheted Cookie Monster blanket is pure delight.
Here he is eating a cookie with his crazed eyes. Sure Cookie may be a glutton but you can’t help but love him.
98. Hope your little girl can keep warm with these Abby Cadabby beanie and mittens.
Like they all have pink and purple pigtails. Still, it’s about time Sesame Street had more female characters. Abby Cadabby was long overdue.
99. When it gets cold, these crocheted Sesame Street beanies sure come in handy.
Includes Grover, Cookie Monster, Oscar, Elmo, and Big Bird. And yes, each one is a gem.
100. This Grover amigurumi is made of super cuteness.
Wish I could find a Super Grover one. But sometimes you have to take what you can get.