Whether it is for school, hiking, travel, or other things, backpacks have become an essential component to carry things while keeping our hands free. As with purses, several types exist with many shapes, sizes, and colors. Of course, if you went to middle or high school in my area, you had to get a backpack that was either of clear plastic or mesh for security reasons. Don’t ask. While I can tell you all about the wonderful backpack designs out there, chances are you’ll probably be bored to death because you’ve seen them all over and over again. Instead, I’ll show you backpacks that you might find quite strange that I’ve seen on Pinterest and Google Images. Some of these might have crazy designs that you may have never seen before. Some may even feature some extra components that will make you unable to afford them. So for your reading pleasure, I give you a glimpse into the world of crazy backpacks.
- Is that a hand coming from that backpack?
Okay, that’s kind of creepy. Not something that you’d want your child to carry at school. Unless you’re in the Addams family.
2. Didn’t know you can find an owl in camouflage.
Too bad that real life owls don’t come in camo patterns unlike this backpack. Oh, wait, they actually use camouflage when staking out for prey. Just not in that pattern. My mistake.
3. This GPS and Wi-Fi backpack will help you get where you need to go.
Except if you’re stuck in the middle of the woods with poor cellphone reception. This GPS system backpack won’t help you there. So you’re on your own.
4. This galaxy backpack has stars that can even glow in the dark.
It’s the kind of backpack that Neil Degrasse Tyson wished he could have when he was in school since he always admires the wonders of the universe. Too bad for him, this backpack wasn’t available at the time.
5. This backpack relies on the power of the sun.
So you can feel free to charge your electronic devices you might have in them. So you’re good to go if you can afford this.
6. If you like Tetris than this is the backpack for you.
Even has a non-computerized version of Tetris. Hope you can fit all the pieces.
7. Now that’s what I call a literal book bag.
So it’s a messenger bag. But it still counts as a backpack in many areas. Not to mention, it’s shaped like a book.
8. Keep your belongings secure in this Batman backpack or Batpack.
Sure it might seem to be a bit cartoonish. However, this was made for schoolchildren so I’ll allow it.
9. This backpack is all covered in golden jingles.
Memes on this one sometimes go “How to make everyone in school hate you.” Well, I have to agree it certainly does the trick.
10. Ever wished you had a Doritos backpack? Now you can.
Is this made from a Doritos bag or just looks like it? Either way someone is bound to like it.
11. Hope you can strum it up with this guitar backpack.
From Crooked Brains: “This guitar-shaped bag is made from premium vegetable-dyed calf leather and comes with an integrated mini speaker and outlet for you to connect your favorite MP3 player.” So I guess this is very expensive.
12. Safely carry your gadgets in this multimedia backpack.
Because you can’t possibly live without the electronics in your life. This allows you to carry them as safely and comfortably as professionals do.
13. If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands…except if you’re a T-Rex.
Because T-Rexes have very small hands which doesn’t make for great clapping. No wonder they went extinct.
14. If you want your packpack to have ornate Asian designs, this is just the one for you.
Yes, it seems like it was made straight from the Himalayas. But it’s ornate, pretty, and could carry things. And that’s all that matters.
15. Keep your belongings on the Dark Side of the Force with this Darth Vader backpack.
Yes, the Dark Side is especially strong in this woman. However, it has the potential to choke you if you fail him for the last time.
16. The Smart Versatile Arrow Backpack was built for comfort.
From Crooked Brains: “This multi purpose backpack focuses on the comfort of the wearer; it can be expanded to suit your needs and has large and wide neoprene straps for better comfort.”
17. This owl backpack is a real hoot.
Yes, this is another owl backpack. But, c’mon, it’ll make you seem quite smart even if you may not be. Like how owls are perceived in the bird world.
18. This Chewbacca backpack will make for a reliable furry friend.
Sure it won’t be able to rip off an enemy’s arm from its socket. But Star Wars fans will love it anyway.
19. This Yoda backpack makes for a wise choice.
Small it is, but size matters not. Good to have on back and recreate Luke’s training scenes from Empire Strikes back, it is.
20. Fans of the old Nintendo will enjoy this backpack that seems right out of their childhood.
From Crooked Brains: “Its boasts a roomy main compartment as well as three external zipper pockets.” Not sure if you could say the same about Super Mario Brothers.
21. This backpack is reliable and easy to see 24/7.
This was made to detect cyclists traveling through the night. So the compartments are reflective.
22. This R2-D2 will virtually save your ass from almost any dire situation.
Yet, unlike R2-D2 in the Star Wars movies, this one has no capacity to send smartass beeps whenever you complain. Yet, R2 tends to be one of the most underrated Star Wars characters ever.
23. This backpack is made from the finest solid gold to make you look rich.
It’s the kind of backpack you can see Donald Trump have with him in school. Said to be ridiculously expensive which is no surprise.
24. No one can resist this little toadstool house backpack.
Sure it seems like it was straight out of a children’s book. But I think it’s kind of adorable.
25. This little baby doll on the backpack has the bling.
Can we all agree that doll parts don’t belong on luggage? Seriously, this backpack baby is absolutely giving me nightmares.
26. With this backpack, any child can talk to their dead grandma during school.
As long as they know how to use a Ouija board. Yeah, I know it’s strange but it’s crazy. So I’ll include it.
27. Nostalgic for Windows 95? There’s a backpack for that.
However, I’m not one of those people who misses Windows 95 at all. But to each his own.
28. For a clear backpack, it helps if you decorate it in lights.
Great if you’re traveling at night or when the sun sets earlier than usual. Love the rainbow lights.
29. This cosmos backpack comes with its own stache.
I guess the stache was added as a way to be funny. Still, it kind of works but doesn’t really go with the design.
30. This backpack seems to take a good look at your spine.
Since this is the kind that contains x-ray vision. Though might lead you to experience some unwanted exposure.
31. This backpack is sure to be there for you wherever you go.
Sure the map on it may not be reliable. But at least it’s travel friendly which says something.
32. This coffin backpack might make people think you’re gravely out of your mind.
Seems like the kind of backpack you’d imagine Eddie Munster to have. I mean his dad Herman has a coffin lunch box for God’s sake.
33. Any child would love to go to school carrying this kitty backpack.
Because who’s not to love the kitty cat face on it. It’s adorable. So cute.
34. This backpack is simply perfect for a child’s first day of school.
It even has a handle so the kid could drag it if he or she has a bad back. Still, like the school bus motif. So adorable.
35. My Little Pony fans are sure to adore their very own Rainbow Dash backpack.
Not familiar with My Little Pony. But I’m sure anyone on my blog would think this is awesome. Also, it’s not just for kids.
36. Fans of Super Mario Brothers are sure to love this Mario backpack.
Just remember that any mushroom you put in there won’t make you bigger and won’t help you smash bricks. But there’s a chance that the mushrooms might be poisonous.
37. Ever imagined having a giant cockroach on your back? Now you can.
This one is from Japan. Yes, it’s freaky as hell. But apparently, the people have to find a use for the giant cockroaches killed at Fukishima., Hiroshima, and Nagasaki somehow.
38. No one will mess with you if your backpack is a spiked turtle shell.
Sure the spikes may be made from cloth and stuffing. But I’m not sure if this is even allowed in most schools.
39. Now this is the kind of backpack for a fishing trip.
If you catch no fish, you can just use the backpack to pretend that the big one didn’t get away. Well, if it didn’t have straps.
40. These bunny backpacks would surely put anyone in a hopping mood.
This is especially since they have bunny ears and come in 4 different colors. Wonder how much they cost since they seem well made.
41. There’s something bubbling about this backpack.
I’ve seen quite a few of these and wonder why the hell they exist. Some of them even light up.
42. I’m sure nobody could ever resist this panda backpack.
Contains the panda ears as well as the cute panda face. I’m positive people will adore this.
43. If you really like guac, you’ll surely like this avacado backpack.
Since guacamole is made from avacados. Yet, this doesn’t mean you should put guac in this unless it’s in a container. And even the, proceed with caution.
44. This AT-AT backpack is ready for action.
You can guess there are a lot of Star Wars backpacks out there. But this has to be among the most unusual I’ve seen so far.
45. For hard days fighting for the Rebel Alliance, this Ewok backpack comes in handy.
You know those gruesome teddy bears from Return of the Jedi who thought C-3PO was a god? I’m talking about these little guys.
46. Those who long for the old Nintendo might enjoy this old Game Boy backpack.
And once again, it features Tetris. No surprise. Still, the old Game Boys were in black and white and resembled this.
47. Speaking of Nintendo, some fans might take to this backpack of Yoshi.
Yoshi is a dinosaur or dragon character from Mario. He later had his own video game series and appears in different colors.
48. Now you can be like Boba Fett with a backpack of his jetpack.
Just watch out for sarlacc pits on Tattooine. Because you know what happened to him there.
49. I bet you weren’t expecting a rear surprise from this one.
That’s another one you wouldn’t be able to wear in school for obvious reasons. Seriously, I don’t know how someone managed to design one like this.
50. So which backpack do you wan? Spider Man or Venom?
I mean they both look the same except that they’re in different colors. Just pick one.
51. Do you want fries with this one?
Yes, this is a cheeseburger backpack. Hope you don’t carry it around where you’ll find a lot of hungry people.
52. This leopard has great shades in space.
I’ve seen a lot of these backpacks on Google Images. But this one really stands out for me.
53. Sometimes the best backpack can be the simplest ones.
For instance, this one is just a wooden box with straps. That’s all. But seems practical.
54. If people can use backpacks, why not man’s best friend?
That way next time you go hiking, you can use your dog as a pack animal. So get to work, Sparky!
55. Why spend time hanging your backpack and jacket when you can hang both at the same time?
This one has the backpack attached to the jacket. Hope it’s detachable for warm weather.
56. For a picnic, this backpack is great for carrying dishes.
Well, when it comes to small picnics, anyway. Large picnics are a whole different story.
57. This leather jacket backpack will always make you look cool.
Actually, I’m not so sure about that. But it’s unusual enough so I put it on this post.
58. For a more eco-friendly backpack, this basket pack is for you.
After all, it’s made from organic fibers in a basket weave. Not sure how it does in the elements and might feel scratchy.
59. This minion backpack will surely bring a despicable smile.
Seems like minions are very popular these days. Though the minion movie didn’t get a lot of great reviews since it lent the phrase “don’t go full minion.”
60. Look menacing with this dragon backpack.
Even has a dragon head to put on your shoulders. Nobody is going to make fun of you now.
61. How about carry your things in a plush bunny backpack?
Another one from Japan but one that seems less practical than the cockroach one. But less creepy looking. Cute.
62. Ever wish you had a large beetle on your back?
That’s disgusting, especially with the horns on the front and back. May or may not be allowed in schools. Creepy.
63. Sometimes you feel like you’re carrying the world on your back.
This globe backpack certainly speaks for itself. Still, will weigh you down a lot.
64. These plush hand hugs backpacks are full of embraces.
Because there’s nothing more heartwarming than seeing two disembodied muppet hands embracing a backpack. Wonder what happened to the muppets who had them.
65. That has to be a big tube of classic blue paint.
Okay it’s a tube of paint that doesn’t actually have paint in it. But it’s a rather clever design for artists.
66. Fly around to save Gotham City with this Batman hoodie backpack with wings.
Yes, it’s another Batman backpack. But this is in a more unusual shape than the last one. Also, there may be a Superman one, but using it tends to result in a lot of collateral damage.
67. This flaked backpack comes with its own shell.
I think you can easily open it from the bottom. Yet this one is not my cup of tea, especially since it resembles some kind of weird turtle shell.
68. Why carry a lawn chair when this backpack provides one for you?
After all, this chair just folds right out. Sure it might not be big but it’s something.
69. Fly around with these Fuzzy Flyers backpacks.
Okay these ones are for children. Come in butterfly or dragon depending on gender.
70. If there’s something strange in the neighborhood, this backpack comes in handy.
It’s supposed to resemble those proton packs from Ghostbusters. You know the ones used to bust ghosts.
71. Is that a kitten coming out of this backpack?
Seems like it from this picture. But it’s just a backpack design. Saw a few of these, by the way.
72. For carrying heavy loads, this is the backpack for you.
Now that can’t be good for your back. Would it be possible if he had something else? Like a wagon?
73. This backpack looks worried for some reason.
This is from Etsy. Yet, you can’t help but wonder if its owner is late or forgot anything.
74. If you like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory then you’ll love this backpack.
It’s similar to Sheldon’s Flash backpack with his catchphrase. Let’s just say Sheldon would be proud of it.
75. Those who enjoyed the new Star Wars movie will love this BB8 backpack.
Yes, he’s just a little robot ball. But you can’t help but love him. So cute.
76. This backpack is a great place to put your Legos.
After all, it’s shaped like a brick. Yet, at least you won’t hurt your toe when you step on it.
77. This fuzzy alien backpack is out of this world.
Well, it’s called a lost ET backpack. But this girl seems to really like her little green backpack man.
78. Prove you’re strong with this raw meat backpack.
On one hand, it’s kind of gross since raw meat is full of germs. On the other hand, it’s quite clever.
79. Play music while you hike with this silver backpack with speakers.
Great if you’re on a hike in a forest infested with black bears. Bad if you’re at a campground late at night.
80. Nobody can resist this Hello Kitty mustache backpack.
Now a Hello Kitty backpack is one thing. But one with a mustache? That’s pretty messed up.
81. For coastal adventures, you can’t do wrong with an octopus backpack.
On second thought, it’s kind of freaky looking. Yet, seems to have tentacle straps on it.
82. These backpacks seem toasty.
Come in egg and butter. Each with their own change purse. Clever.
83. This pizza slice backpack seems like it’s good enough to eat.
However, I wouldn’t say it’s edible. But it seems fun to have as well as quite cheesy.
84. Try slinging this large lizard on your shoulders.
Comes in 4 colors or so it seems. But at least this lizard seems adorable enough. Unlike the gross bug backpacks.
85. On 8 legs, this tarantula backpack is a real scream.
Also will probably give other people nightmares since spiders are a common fear. Also has furry legs.
86. For the Rebel X-Wing fighter, this is the backpack for you.
From what I can remember, the X-Wing fighter backpacks were bulkier than this. Then again, to each his own.
87. If you love Guardians of the Galaxy, then you’ll love this Rocket backpack.
Yes, he may be a foul mouthed raccoon voiced by Bradley Cooper, but he’s adorable. Still, the Rocket backpack makes sense.
88. Anyone wearing this scrotum backpack surely has balls.
Yes, there’s a backpack like this. Yes, I know it’s not suited for children but I wasn’t consulted.
89. Any kid will surely enjoy a dolphin backpack with flippers.
Comes in several different colors and is catered to children. Yet, even you can’t resist its cuteness.
90. If dolphins don’t suit you, then this shark one should satisfy.
Well, it only shows the shark head. But it looks pretty awesome and amusing if you think about it.
91. Don’t worry, Spider Man has your back.
I know this is another Spider Man backpack. But this one has Spider Man literally on your back.
92. To travel the final frontier, best have this backpack from Starfleet.
However, if you’re a member of Starfleet Security, don’t expect to use it very much. Well, at least when you’re preparing for a planet mission.
93. Be prepared for a Rebel assault with this Stormtrooper backpack.
Don’t expect it to help you with target practice though. Because stormtroopers aren’t known to be great shots in the Galactic Empire.
94. When not using this backpack, you can carry it in your pocket.
Comes in several different colors. Yet,how you fold it into one of these packs, I don’t have the slightest idea.
95. This backpack seems a bit crabby lately.
Okay, that crab seems a bit happy and is waving its pincers. Adorable.
96. These sushi backpacks seem a bit fishy to me.
Okay, sushi doesn’t always have to have raw fish in it. But their existence seems to defy all explanation. Made in Japan.
97. Ever wished you could carry a big cat head on your back?
Actually they consist of two tigers and a lion. But the head backpack part seems rather freaky in some way.
98. With this turtle shell you can travel like a ninja turtle.
Even come with Ninja Turtle masks so you can play which one. Guess this is for kids.
99. Nothing makes you remember Ghostbusters like this Stay Puft Marshmallow Man like this backpack.
He may look non threatening. But remember this is a face of a guy who tried to destroy New York City.
100. Yes, these cartoon backpacks are real.
There’s a company that makes bags like these. And yes, they may look cartoonish but they’re real.