Once again, here am I outside in my Pittsburgh Steelers regalia with my Terrible Towel. Unlike last year, I have on a Steeler sweatshirt even though it’s not the kind of weather to wear it. But along with the hat, it’s to make my outfit different than it was last year.
Along with children going back to school, one of the things that marks the dying days of summer is none other than the start of the NFL football season. Last year, I did a post on crazy NFL fans dressing up in a variety of ridiculous costumes which got a rather pleasing reception. So I decided to do another for this year. Besides, you can’t capture the fan craziness out in the NFL in just one post. Nevertheless, those who ask why I do posts on NFL football over other sports. Well, even though I’m not a big sports fan I do have my reasons. First, NFL football is a huge deal in the US and is the most popular pro sport in the country. And it’s especially popular in my neck of the woods where almost everyone’s favorite pro sports team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Second, unlike basketball, hockey, and baseball, it has a definite season that spans from September to January as well as pre-season period in August and a post-season period to February. Third, the Super Bowl is treated as an unofficial national holiday and is normally the most watched thing on TV of any given year. If you look at any most watched TV broadcasts ever in the US, most of them will revolve around Super Bowls. Hell, the only broadcasts that weren’t Super Bowls on the list are the finales of M*A*S*H and Cheers (which coincidentally aired the very day my sister was born). Fourth, my college alma mater Saint Vincent in Latrobe has paid host to Steelers training camp since the late 1960s which draws large crowds. And finally, since my dad is a big Steeler fan, I grew up more exposed to NFL football more than most pro sports. But he’s not nearly as crazy as these people. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another treasure trove of crazy NFL fans in their full team regalia.
- Sorry, Christians, but it turns out that the Lord Jesus Christ is for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Okay, it’s a Steeler fan dressed like Jesus. But I know a lot of Christians won’t like this, especially if they’re from Dallas, Cincinnati, Baltimore, New England, or anywhere outside Pittsburgh.
2. This dad tries his best to bring up his son in the Houston Texans tradition.
Like how he has a matching stroller. Of course, I guess his kid isn’t old enough for the bull horns and face paint.
3. You don’t have to be human to show your love to the Green Bay Packers.
Because even this bull dog is a known cheesehead. Then again, their owner most likely is and it doesn’t really care about sports.
4. Since Stephen King lives in Maine, it’s only natural for killer clowns to cheer for the New England Patriots.
Well, I’m not sure if Stephen King even cares about NFL football. But he did write at least one story featuring a killer clown. And he is from New England. So it fits.
5. This Oakland Raiders fan gives no bones about what you think.
Yes, I know I had to include Raiders fans in this post at some point. Doesn’t hurt he he’s wearing an autographed helmet, too.
6. Don’t look now, but I’d watch out for this guy’s cheese.
Because for this Packers’ fan, his cheese on a stick has teeth. So if you’re not a fan of the Green Bay Packers, you might want to watch out.
7. Apparently, Oakland Raider fans aren’t the only scary sports enthusiasts out there.
These Houston Texans fans wear skull masks and funny hats. But they take their team so seriously that you should be wary to laugh in front of them in their silly costumes.
8. This Cincinnati Bengals’ fan would surely stand out in their large striped cowboy hat.
Doesn’t hurt this person has the make up and accessories to match. Wouldn’t want to sit near someone like that in the stands.
9. In Seattle, don’t be surprised to see Seahawks fans in feather headdresses like this one.
Interestingly, the Seattle Seahawks logo design is most likely taken from Pacific Northwest Native American totem poles. But nobody discusses it. Then again, the design might be a coincidence anyway.
10. Speaking of the Seahawks, this crazy colored gorilla always seems to turn out for them.
Then again, he might be a sasquatch who keeps to himself in the forest and only turns out for Seahawks games. Why Bigfoot enthusiasts don’t notice, we’ll never know.
11. This old gnome always goes for his beloved Oakland Raiders.
He even wears, chains, swords, and skulls for good measure. So don’t try to mistake him for some evil henchman from some fantasy story. He’s just a Raiders fan.
12. This Seahawks fan never hesitates to show off his prized bobble head doll.
Don’t mind that he has a skull face and a large blue mohawk. He’s just really proud of his team.
13. When his Minnesota Vikings need more power, he never hesitates to cut the cheese.
There’s another guy who wears a chainsaw hat for Dallas. But I think the one pertaining to Green Bay is funnier.
14. As Green Bay Packers call themselves cheeseheads, Chicago Bears fans go with graters.
You have to admit it, the concept is very clever. After all, Green Bay and Chicago are big rivals since they’re in the same NFC division.
15. This Washington Redskins fan goes to the games in his best feather headdress.
Native Americans, I give you full permission to look upon this man in disdain for offending your culture. Then again, how many times have there been calls to get to Washington Redskins to change their damn name. Because “redskin” is a derogatory racial slur.
16. Seems like the Thing really enjoys his Cincinnati Bengals.
As for why he only has one large fist, I really can’t say. Guess he lost the other one?
17. These Cincinnati Bengal fans could make cowboy hats from six pack boxes.
Yet, while one woman goes for Miller, the other goes for Coors. Nevertheless, they’re on the same team so it doesn’t matter what beer they drink.
18. Any demonic papa would be proud to bring up a child in the Denver Broncos tradition.
Even better when both father and child wear jerseys with the same number. Not sure if this is heartwarming or creepy. Okay, it’s kind of ridiculous. Then again, that may not really be a child.
19. Hey, I didn’t know Hulk Hogan was a Buffalo Bills fan.
Actually this is a Buffalo Bills fan dressed as Hulk Hogan. But you have to admire his mustache and feather boas.
20. This Steelers fan always attends the game in stripes.
But even he wouldn’t wear those ugly bumblebee throwback uniforms.But he would paint his face in stripes.
21. Let’s hope the Green Bay Packers don’t fail Vader this year.
Because Darth Vader possess a strong power guided by the Force and hates when people fail him. So if the Packers suffer a losing season, some of them may not be back next year. Like Aaron Rodgers.
22. Sometimes a Raiders fan just has to go with the skulls and a full shoulder pad rib cage.
Yes, I know real rib cages on humans don’t look like that. But I don’t think this guy gives a shit. Also, the skulls have swords stabbed through them.
23. What the hell is Walter White doing at a Tampa Bay Buccaneers game?
Okay, this is a Buccaneers fan in a biohazard suit akin to Walter White. Very different story. But crazy just the same. Wonder if he gets hot in there.
24. This Dallas Cowboy fan only went with nothing but a hat, cape, and face paint.
I guess he’s going to be a very itchy man by the end of the game. But he seem to feel like it’s worth all the trouble for the photo.
25. You underestimate how much the undead support the Miami Dolphins.
Because he really seems to get himself out there. And compared to his team, he really scares the shit out of you.
26. Scary Ohio clowns go for the Cleveland Browns.
Unfortunately, for this guy, he might be more intimidating than the team. Seriously, the Browns aren’t well-known for their penchant for winning.
27. So I guess the people of Kansas City, Missouri love their team so much that even their high church leaders go for the Chiefs.
Okay, he’s just a fan dressed as a bishop or the Pope. But I think the red Chief vestments suit him.
28. Just because she’s wearing black birds, doesn’t mean she’s a Ravens fan.
In fact, she supports the Oakland Raiders. And she even makes herself more mysterious with a mosaic mirror mask.
29. Saint Vince is always cheering for his Green Bay Packers on the sidelines.
Saint Vince is a legend among Green Bay Packers fans that I just had to include him. By the way, the “Vince” here is Vince Lombardi. And he even has a cheese staff, too.
30. This man gets on a horse to support his beloved Denver Broncos.
Yes, it’s a face horse he’s wearing. But it still looks incredibly outrageous that I had to include it.
31. For this Detroit Lions fan, he can’t go wrong with a lion hat and sunglasses.
Then again, given how the Lions aren’t known for their winning seasons, such costume might be enough. But it’s good enough for this post.
32. When it gets cold, these guys show up to Packers games in scarves, ear muffs, and striped overalls.
They also dye their hair green and paint their faces for support. Yes, they look outrageous but they don’t care.
33. Surprised to see Thor and Iron Man at a New Orleans Saints game.
Thought football would be among the last things they’d be concerned about. Then again, that Thor has dark hair so it’s probably not really them.
34. Somehow this Dallas Cowboy fan has to show that his team are champions.
Yes, I know that the Dallas Cowboys have won 5 Super Bowls. But they haven’t won one since the 1990s when they were up against the….okay, maybe I shouldn’t go there.
35. Sometimes a Carolina Panthers fan has to take the big paws out.
And with the pig paws this guy certainly has. Even has his face painted and blue hair to boot.
36. This Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan even lends his horn for the team.
Of course, the baubles around his neck don’t make him seem very intimidating. But perhaps he’s in a yuletide mood at this point.
37. To these Philadelphia Eagles fans, the game is for the birds.
And by that, I mean large birds of prey who aren’t falcons. Like that one guy’s beak, by the way.
38. While Green Bay has the Packers bulldog, Pittsburgh has its own Steeler poodle.
Yes, this was done with pet body paint which most veterinarians ask pet owners not to do. But this is just hysterical that I had to put it in.
39. Even western bikers go for the Oakland Raiders.
And as far as I know about Raider fans, these two will fit right in. And they’d even be seen as normal in comparison.
40. This Saint Louis Rams fan goes all out with the horns.
Yet, since the Rams decided to return to LA, it’s hard to tell for much longer. Mostly because sports fandoms can be unpredictable things.
41. Guess someone has already hulked out at the Green Bay Packers game.
So is this a very good thing or a very bad thing. Also, I don’t think hulks look great in yellow clown wigs but that’s just my opinion.
42. The Bronconator always has two unicorns on his side during a game in Denver.
Yes, those are unicorn figurines. But do you think he really cares? Probably not. Then again, they could be horses all along.
43. Seems like the masked Charger Cowboy and Bolt Man are very good friends.
Seems like neither is a fan of the Indianopolis Colts. But down in San Diego, they seem like old pals.
44. When it comes to supporting the Chicago Bears, there are no limits to foam.
Here is this guy with foam paws and a bear hat. And he seems really psyched up for the game.
45. Apparently, Oakland Raider fans are a scary bunch.
Doesn’t help that they dress in creepy black and white costumes. And I sure as hell wouldn’t want to run into this guy.
46. Seems like the Buffalo Bills fans support Rex Ryan by the foot.
Not sure what the feet are supposed to mean. But I wonder what the guys in front of them would think about them. Because that would be interesting.
47. For this Baltimore Ravens fan, it’s purple hair or no hair.
He also goes with beads, hard hat, and purple face paint for good measure. Let’s hope he’s not going to a Steelers game.
48. This luchador Chicago Bears fan is ready to rumble.
Seems like I have a lot of Chicago Bear fans on this post already. Not really sure why.
49. One has to be quite ingenious to have their own Pats hat.
And it seems to resemble the logo quite well if you look at it at this angle. Though we all know what the New England Patriots are like (cheaters).
50. No, I don’t think that’s the Green Bay Packer cheerleading squad.
In fact, I bet any money that these are all guys. Still, you have to admire their sense of humor in this one.
51. Didn’t expect to see a Transformer at a Cincinnati Bengals game.
He even has the shoulder pads and jersey to match. Which begs the question for me.
52. This Indianapolis Colts fan has her team on her lips.
They’re probably fake lips. But they still look just as ridiculous along with the clown wig and glasses.
53. This New Orleans Saints fan even has some gold teeth to spare.
Let’s hope those teeth are fake which they most likely are. Yet, they seem to go well with the hat.
54. Supergirl always cheers for her New York Giants.
Wait, doesn’t Supergirl have blond hair? So this probably can’t really be her.
55. This luchador always goes out of the way to support his New England Patriots.
Even though spandex is hardly a great insulator. And the fact, a lot of fans outside New England hate them.
56. This Steeler fan will do whatever it takes to see his team win.
Even if it means donning a Steeler suit of spandex. Not sure if that’s even comfortable. But he’s proud of it.
57. Looks like we’ve come across one of the infamous Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.
Okay, that’s a fat guy dressed as a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader. But if he wants to dress like that, it’s his choice. Even if he looks utterly ridiculous.
58. Apparently, this Elvis is an avid fan of the San Francisco 49ers.
He even has it on his maroon jacket if you know where to look. And I thought Elvis was more of a Titans or Panthers fan.
59. Oh, no, the Miami gorillas are on the loose!
No need to worry, they’re Dolphins fans just here for the big game. How they got into street clothes, I’ll never know.
60. Sometimes you need a hat to cover your head now and then.
And there seems to be no shortage of Green Bay Packers fans in outlandish costumes. This one included but his outfit is mild compared to some.
61. Blueberry always tries to make his Indianapolis Colts his top priority.
Doesn’t hurt that he has a Colt hat and paints his face blue. Wonder how long it takes for him to prepare for a big game.
62. Looks like the Gremlins express support for the New Orleans Saints.
Guess anyone in New Orleans doesn’t have to worry about their electronics and appliances falling apart during football season on Sunday. Because these two will be watching the game.
63. This Green Bay Packer fan is always excited when his team scores.
He’s even wearing a field gold hat and has everything in green and yellow. So he’s all pumped up for the Packer game.
64. Does that guy have an Eagle on his chest?
Apparently, he’s a Philadelphia Eagles fan even if the eagle is a bit large on him. Wonder how he carries himself in that jersey.
65. This pirate always tries to look his best at an Oakland Raiders game.
Well, at least he’s not wearing a skull mask, spikes, or skulls all over him. Like his hat.
66. For some reason, this creepy Arizona Cardinals fan likes to show up in a red feather suit.
Yes, I know his face will give you nightmares. But he’s just here to watch the Cardinals. So it’s no big deal.
67. For lady Viking fans, always go with purple hair in Minnesota.
Furry cone Viking helmets also work by the way. Even if they have braids dropping from them.
68. Check out this undead Raiders’ fan’s bony fingers.
Yes, they may be big and bony. But you’d certainly not want this Raider’s fan to show up at your house at night.
69. This Buffalo Bills fan always cheers for his team to lead the charge.
Yet, since the Bills aren’t among the best NFL teams they probably wont. Kind of feel sorry for this guy.
70. Those who liked the Denver Broncos Barrel Man in last year’s NFL fan post will like Barrel Boy.
He’s like the Barrel Man but more pint sized. And incredibly adorable, too.
71. Not all Oakland Raiders fans are tall and scary. Some look quite chic.
This woman is wearing a corset and leather along with her scary Raiders makeup. But hers only covers half her face.
72. This Houston Texan fan always like to accentuate his shoulder pads before the big game.
And yes, it looks really ridiculous. But not to this guy. To him, he looks cool.
73. This Cincinnati Bengals’ fan would never leave home without his Bengal hat.
Doesn’t hurt if he paints his face with Bengal stripes to match. Even though he might stand out from a crowd.
74. For the New York Jets, no one can possibly ever forget old Fireman Ed.
Fireman Ed is one of the better known New York Jets characters. Can always be recognized by his fireman’s hat. Crazy.
75. This Miami Dolphins fan goes all out on her orange and white.
Doesn’t matter if she’s tacky in her large orange hat. As long as she’s wearing Dolphins, it’s all good.
76. This Buffalo Bills fan will even wear sequins for his beloved team.
He’ll also wear arm covers with red and white strips descending from them. But he feels it’s all worth it.
77. The Celebrity Queen proudly supports her New England Pats.
Sure they may be cheaters. But as long as she’s concerned, they’re her cheaters and she still loves them. Same can be said regarding other Patriot fans.
78. There’s no costume that’s too elaborate and over the top for this New Orleans Saints fan.
And yes, he’s dressed in feathers galore like he works in some Las Vegas show. Wonder how he manages to sit in the stands during the game.
79. There’s never enough pom poms for this Pittsburgh Steeler fan.
And yes, he’s all covered in them from head to toe. He may even have some left over, too.
80. Not sure what to think about this Bengals fan making a hat from the old pigskin.
Sure the Bengals play football. But that just makes anyone look pretty strange. Doesn’t help with the foam paws either.
81. I guess you can call these guys the literal Dallas Cowboys.
Yeah, I don’t think the Dallas Cowboys are actual cows. But I think these costumes are udderly hilarious. Love it.
82. No, I don’t think that’s a Steeler cheerleader for they don’t exist.
Just another fat Steeler fan in a skimpy outfit and wig. Yeah, he doesn’t look great in that outfit.
83. This Miami Dolphins fan has a dolphin on each shoulder.
He even has pom poms and face paint for good measure. But compared to a few other Miami fans, his costume is quite tame.
84. This Green Bay Packer fan sees himself as a fence painter.
Or a “defense painter” to be more specific. Nevertheless, wouldn’t want to sit behind him in the stadium during a game or beside him.
85. The New York Giants Queen seems to have something to say.
I guess this is a Giants parody of the Patriots’ Celebrity Queen. Makes sense. At least the signs are funnier.
86. Any room for two big skulls in Baltimore?
Don’t worry, they’re just skull masks. I’m sure these women aren’t meaning to frighten anyone.
87. Baltimore’s Captan Dee Fense is always at the Ravens’ side.
Yes, there’s an actual guy like this in Baltimore. However, the Ravens didn’t seem to go for defense much last season. Heh, heh.
88. This Steeler fan always goes for some more Cowher Power.
Unfortunately, Cowher hasn’t coached the Steelers for some time now. But this guy’s hat is totally ridiculous.
89. Warbonnet and spiked shoulder pads, a great Redskins fan do make.
But when it comes to Native American relations, you wouldn’t want to show up in a pow wow in this. Seriously, Native Americans don’t view wearing warbonnets in sporting events very highly at all.
90. In Houston, Elvis always makes his support for the Texans perfectly clear.
Yes, he has the Houston Texans logo on the back of his cape. And it’s all sparkly, too.
91. This Browns fan has his hat dripping with bones.
Let’s hope he doesn’t attract any dogs with them. Also would say the same about the sausage around his neck.
92. These Dallas Cowboy fans have their love for their team on their chests.
And in full body paint, too. One of them has the Dallas star in a jigsaw puzzle mode.
93. Even Santa Claus thinks that the Pittsburgh Steelers are the best in the NFL.
He even has a gold suit to show for it. Just see him wave the iconic Terrible Towel.
94. Guess this German barmaid is dressed to support the Minnesota Vikings.
After all, the Midwest is full of Germans and Scandinavians. Or at least it was. Still, this is clever.
95. Guess you’ll always have to have one crazy Jack-o-Lantern rooting for the Cleveland Browns.
Then again, he’s bound to give more nightmares to children than the team ever will. Seriously, the Browns aren’t known for winning a lot.
96. Darth Maul doesn’t like it one bit when there’s a call against his Vikings.
Sure he’s supposed to have a red and black face. But the overall costume is brilliant.
97. Seems like this Jacksonville Jaguars fan has bee under the weather lately.
After all, he seems to have a lot of junk in his hair. Maybe because it’s due to hurricane season.
98. Looks like flaming hair tends to run in this family.
Oh, wait they’re Tennessee Titan fans. And they really seem to be dressed their best for the game. Probably it might be since they’re rich enough for front row seating.
99. Atlanta Falcons fans always tailgate in feathers.
Wonder what this woman is doing here. Probably some dance or having a good time. Hope she doesn’t get those feathers everywhere.
100. Here we have 2 Steeler fans who came all the way from Mexico.
You can tell by their black and gold ponchos and sombreros. But they must be very diehard fans to travel this far.
They sure are dedicated! Wild outfits!