As with any franchise with a large fandom, you have some fans who are perfectly content with buying merchandise from large companies seeking to make a profit. And then you have the devotees who wish to make stuff to show their love in their art. Trekkies are no different. Still, in the Star Trek universe while you don’t really have people making stuff, you have Garak’s Clothiers from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Well, let’s just say Garak is the only guy in the franchise who does something that comes close to doing craft projects. After all, he calls himself a tailor by trade and is sees doing some alterations. However, he also does some work on the side and since he’s a Cardassian and friends with Dr. Bashir, you can’t really tell what side he’s on. After all, he did tell Dr. Bashir that he wanted him to come to see him for a new suit at a specified time so he could hear him conversing with two really scary Klingon women. Nevertheless, you have plenty of Trekkies who make craft projects that you might see on Etsy or Pinterest at one time or another. Some of these could be irresistibly adorable. Others, well, might make you wonder what were they thinking. So for your galactic reading pleasure, I give you a treasure trove of Star Trek craft projects.
- Show your love for Star Trek with this stained glass window.
Well, this sure makes you want to set your phasers to stunning. Because it sure is.
2. Make your plants grow boldly like no plant has grown before with this Enterprise flower pot.
Of course, the only way you could really do that is also add some Miracle Gro. But you get what I’m saying.
3. Is Spock had a sampler in his cabin, it would say “Live Long and Prosper.”
However, this one includes characters from the original show and The Next Generation. But this is kind of cute.
4. Start your day logically by getting a cup a joe from your very own Spock mug.
Not sure if Spock drinks coffee. But I think this is logically clever if you get my drift. Fascinating.
5. Now you can cuddle up with your very own amigurumi Kirk and Spock.
Can’t tell which one is cuter. But these are both so adorable as their friendship on the show.
6. According to what this sampler says, “Adopt a Tribble.”
Then again, it’s probably not good advice. Because tribbles have voracious appetites and multiply like crazy.
7. Of course, couldn’t do a craft post without a wooden Enterprise.
Sure it’s only a model. But it’s certainly well varnished that you wonder whether the ship has a wood shop.
8. Nothing makes a Trekkie room better than this themed dresser.
Has drawers of 5 different colors. Probably made by some Trekkie with too much time on their hands. But that’s just my theory.
9. If you liked Geordi LaForge from The Next Generation, then you’ll enjoy this handmade visor.
You can either wear this or put it on display. But it still looks quite cool if you ask me.
10. This sampler is for the ultimate Trekkie who has everything.
This one features the original cast as well as the words you hear from Kirk in the theme. Has a lot of detail as you see.
11. For Vulcan ears, it doesn’t hurt to have them crocheted.
Doesn’t have a logical look to it. But I’ll let this slide since they’re quite clever.
12. Raise a toast on the Enterprise with these Starfleet wine glasses.
I guess these are from the Next Generation so I can’t joke about Red Shirts. Still, they’re wonderfully painted that Guinan will be pleased.
13. Keep yourself engaged and warm with this Captain Picard quilt.
Man, that really looks like him. Wonder how long it took to make that. Guess Sir Patrick Stewart would be proud.
14. Nothing goes better on your Trekkie couch than these Starfleet uniform fleece pillows.
I guess these feel fuzzy. However, once the red one leaves the couch, it never comes back.
15. As we all know, Picard loves his Earl Grey tea that someone made a sampler.
Yes, this is related to Star Trek. Because that’s how Picard orders his tea since he likes it hot.
16. In case you forget, this sampler provides a guide for Starfleet uniforms in the original series.
Remember that gold = command, blue = science, and red = doomed unless you’re Scotty or Uhura. Well, at least when they beam down to the planet.
17. Bajoran fans of Deep Space Nine might like an earpiece like this.
Of course, they’re only sold one at a time. And aren’t recommended for those with delicate ears. But yes, the Bajoran wear earpieces like the one you see here.
18. In colder weather, a crocheted Spock hat is a logical choice.
You can tell it’s a Vulcan hat because of the ears. Still, wear this when it makes logical sense.
19. A Star Trek mobile with rainbow Enterprise ships always make a great ceiling decoration.
Because I’m not sure if it’s appropriate for a crib height wise. Nevertheless, I like the purple one the best.
20. Of course, we all know what a Trekkie says when they walk into a bar…
Yeah, that’s about it. Even though Kirk never really said, “Beam me up, Scotty” in the show.
21. Sometimes it helps to carry your things in your very own tricorder.
You know the futuristic technology you see Spock with that’s now horribly outdated. Yeah, kids have calculators more sophisticated than that. Still, this is meant to be a bag you put on your belt.
22. Boldly go where no man has gone before with this crocheted Enterprise.
Well, it seems to resemble the ship if it was made in yarn. But I still think it’s a worthy effort on the creator’s part.
23. Of course, we should always pay respect to the dearly departed Starfleet security officers.
Here lies a Red Shirt known only to God. Because if we knew who he was, he wouldn’t have been killed on that planet in the first place.
24. No Starfleet crew member should ever be without their own mug.
Well, this seems official since it has the Starfleet insignia. Better drawing than I could’ve done that’s for sure.
25. As we all know, sometimes Wesley Crusher really needs to shut up.
Thank you, Captain Picard, for doing us a great service by telling Wesley to shut up. That kid is annoying as hell.
26. Protect your clothes from the elements of chemicals or food with your very own Starfleet uniform apron.
Never see people in the Starfleet mess halls wear these. Not sure why.
27. Grace your home with your very own Spocktopus embroidery sampler.
Yes, I know the image is highly illogical. But it’s still kind of hilarious because it’s highly illogical.
28. Never leave your home ship without taking your tricorder purse with you.
For an obsolete futuristic technology, that gadget does make a great purse design. Well, if you use the right colors anyway.
29. Carry your things with you in this Starfleet purse.
Yes, this is a Starfleet purse since it has the logo. Not sure how much it could fit. But I do like the shiny gold color.
30. Any character from Star Trek: Next Generation can be quite cuddly as an amigurumi.
Then again, TNG isn’t the best out of the Star Trek shows. since it gives screentime to some of its least likable characters. But at least this set includes Guinan and Q.
31. Remember, Trekkies, you can never have enough tribble pillows on your couch.
Tribbles must be the easiest Star Trek creatures to make since they’re just little puff balls. However, these cuties caused a lot of trouble on the Enterprise in one episode.
32. Looks like these ceramic cows are boldly going where no bull has gone before.
Yes, they made cow versions of Kirk and Spock. Don’t ask me why. But neither has udders which you see a lot on male cows in cartoons.
33. These Starfleet pillows will go well on any Trekkie couch.
Well, as long as your couch is shiny bright orange. Then again, these would’ve gone great with any furniture from the original series.
34. Protect your wooden table tops with this set of canvas Starfleet coasters.
Comes in 3 different colors. But each will protect your tables from drinks equally.
35. This Star Trek quilt of the Enterprise is something any Starfleet cadet might want.
As you see, this quilt depicts the Enterprise from different views. Also, lists the main crew’s names by rank.
36. No Starfleet should ever be without their own mosaic serving tray.
Like how it’s done in mosaics and how it resembles the Enterprise. So pretty.
37. As Mr. Spock says, always be a Vulcan, not a Vulcan’t.
Okay, he actually didn’t say it. But it makes a great wall hanging nevertheless. Like his hand sign.
38. Protect yourself from hot metals in the kitchen with these crocheted Starfleet pot holders.
Come in 3 different colors. However, you’ll probably use the red one the most since it’s the color of security. Or maybe the least because the color also means expendable.
39. With this Star Trek quilt, you can snuggle up to the final frontier.
Has a lot of Star Trek icons and symbols here. And the squares are of 4 different colors.
40. I’m sure this Spock quilt will certainly provide you some logical warmth.
And yes, it really looks like him. I’m sure the late Leonard Nimoy would be impressed by that patchwork.
41. You can’t logically go wrong with a Spock sampler.
Didn’t know Spock could look this great in embroidery either. Really captures his essence.
42. Keep warm like a Klingon warrior with your very own crocheted Worf scarf.
I’m sure Worf doesn’t knit or crochet. But that scarf is a very good likeness of his sash he usually wears.
43. Heard of a pot holder? How about a Spock holder?
Because holding a pot without it doesn’t make much logical sense. Oh, well, it does if you use a different pot holder but you get the idea.
44. Keep your coffee warm longer with these crocheted Starfleet cozies.
Come in 3 different colors. However, not sure whether they allow coffee on the bridge. Or why it doesn’t spill whenever the ship’s hit.
45. Nothing makes your home more Trekkie than this Enterprise quilt.
This one depicts the Enterprise and only the Enterprise. Not sure if the red thing is a planet or a star though.
46. When you’re sewing, it helps that you have a Red Shirt pin cushion that’ll keep your pins and needles secure.
Also doubles as a voodoo doll if you want. For obvious reasons. Yeah, the original show had a lot of red shirt security officers die on the planets for some reason.
47. Of course, even officers on Starfleet need to keep clean now and then. So keep clean with these designated soaps.
Come in 4 different colors. However, we do know what happens to those who use the red soap.
48. These peg people consist of the main crew of the original Star Trek Enterprise.
Yes, these are peg people of the original Star Trek cast. Or at least the ones people cared about.
49. Boldly go where no cat has gone before with these Star Trek cat buttons.
I think these cats were from some noted artist who paints scenes with cats in them. I forget her name. But these are funny.
50. You might know that the amigurumi crew of Star Trek: Enterprise can also be cuddly.
Okay, I know it doesn’t consist of the whole crew because I don’t see the British security officer who likes to blow things up. Nor do I see Porthos. But it’s close enough.
51. This set of Star Trek nesting dolls comes so well together.
Includes Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Uhura, and Scotty. Not sure about the painting style though.
52. A Spock elephant’s memory is said to be astounding.
Because elephants have remarkable memory. Vulcan elephants have an astounding memory and sense of logic. So this Spock elephant should be superb.
53. When it comes to cuteness, you can never get enough seeing Captain Picard with puppies.
I’m not sure what made anyone paint this. But I’m positive that at least one of my viewers will find this picture adorable.
54. For some members of Starfleet, nobody knows the tribbles they’ve seen.
Still, I think this sampler saying is brilliant. Since “Trouble with Tribbles” is such a great episode.
55. On this sampler, whenever Picard makes a command, he makes it so.
This one seems more simple to create than some of the other ones. But that’s Picard’s most famous words.
56. When it comes to whales, the Data one has the most superior skill.
It’s a Data whale because it’s green like him in TNG. Still, it’s adorable to say the least.
57. For your Starfleet kitchens, these aprons are ideal.
Since they tend to depict Starfleet uniforms from TNG. Like the black bows on them though.
58. This oven mitt will help you boldly get the roast no man has chowed before.
Well, at least this looks more like standard oven mitt than the one in the last post. This one just has Star Trek characters on it.
59. These Starfleet crayons would please any kid in the Alpha Quadrant.
Consist of Starfleet logos, the Enterprise, and Vulcan hand signs. But they seem rather well made for any Starfleet coloring book.
60. With this pair of earrings, you can wish everyone to live long and prosper.
Yes, this pair contain the Vulcan hand sign. Not sure if any Vulcans have such earrings though.
61. A necklace with a Starfleet pendant always makes a great gift.
Wonder if this was made by someone with too much time on their hands. Because it looks so ornate.
62. With this lamp, you’ll be able to boldly go where no man has gone before in the dark.
Okay, not really but it’s sure a cool lantern you can find on Etsy. Also makes a great outdoor decoration.
63. Starry, starry, night. Enterprise into the sky.
This is a Star Trek rendition of Van Gogh’s Starry Night. Notice it’s in space and not in a town. Yet, it’s clever.
64. Apparently, TNG peg people seem to have their own Enterprise.
Well, at least one that’s made from wood and has wheels. But I think having the original crew instead would be better.
65. These Star Trek pillows will work wonders for anyone’s head.
Then again, they’re probably used for decoration. Includes Kirk, Spock, and Uhura.
66. Keep your things together on your Star Trek with these Starfleet tote bags.
Come in 3 different colors as you see. And I guess they’re from the Next Generation, too.
67. These Star Trek amigurumi are as adorable as they are evil.
Well, this set doesn’t seem to include evil Chekov or Sulu. But it does have Marlena as Kirk’s squeeze. Still, it’s them from a parallel universe.
68. For you Trekkies, celebrate your Hanukkah with this wooden menorah with lights.
Helps to know that Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner are Jews, too. Also like how Gorn’s included.
69. Your plant is guaranteed to grow logically with this Spock flower pot.
Well, as long as you give it plenty of sun and water, too. Not including that would be highly illogical.
70. Those who like Voyager might adore them as amigurumi as well.
Sure it’s not the best Star Trek series. But you have to admit, these are cute.
71. Cuddle up on your couch with Star Trek pillows of Kirk and Spock.
Yes, Kirk and Spock have gotten the felt treatment. Other Star Trek characters received it as well according to Etsy.
72. Your money will be safe in these Starfleet change purses.
However, it’s best not to keep any gold plated latinum in there. Well, at least when you’re among the Ferengi.
73. A sampler like this always calls for adventure.
Well, this looks rather well done. The Starfleet logo and stars look quite intricate and everything.
74. This Spock pillow is a logical place to rest your head.
And here he is with the Vulcan hand sign. Guess rest is essential if you want to live long and prosper.
75. A Starfleet issued quilt is guaranteed to keep you warm from the coldness of space.
Well, this one is interesting since it’s made from triangle pieces. Not sure if you’d want it on a fence.
76. These Starfleet necklaces are guaranteed to look great on any officer.
Comes in 3 different colors for each Starfleet shirt. However, those who wear the red one shouldn’t beam down to planets.
77. Set your drinks on these quality Starfleet coasters.
Guess one’s for black coffee and the other’s for hot tea. And the Starfleet insignia looks different on each.
78. This sampler will always help ensure you live long and prospurr.
Yes, it’s a Spock cat sampler hanging. And yes, it’s as adorable as can be. He even makes the Vulcan sign with his paw.
79. When you’re on the go, these TNG finger puppets can always be with you.
While TNG is quite overrated, these puppets are quite adorable. Also, like how they’re in an envelope.
80. A laptop bag like this will help your computer live long and prosper.
Costs $186.00 on Etsy. But it sure looks well made to be worth every penny.
81. These owl Kirk and Spock plushies are sure to be a hoot.
And here’s the Spock owl with the tricorder. At any rate, these are surely creative and adorable.
82. A Starfleet charm bracelet looks great on any officer.
Has Starfleet insignia and beads in 3 different colors. So it will match any Starfleet uniform.
83. In case of a cold, this Starfleet kleenex box will give you the relief you need.
Well, as long as you fill it with tissues, no less. Also made out of wood by the way.
84. A hard drive Enterprise can certainly fly quite well.
Someone made this Enterprise from parts. Among them was an old computer hard drive. Clever.
85. Nothing can be more irresistible to the Federation than a Star Trek chibi set.
Includes characters from TNG and the original series. And yes, they’re all equally adorable.
86. No Trekkie home could be complete without a tribble rug.
Given that it’s a tribble rug, this is probably easy to make. But at least the tribbles in your home won’t multiply like crazy.
87. A duct tape Starfleet wallet will always keep your cash secure.
Just make sure it doesn’t fall into a Ferengi’s hands. Since Ferengi are quite greedy and shouldn’t be trusted with money.
88. Keep your neck warm with this fleece Starfleet scarf.
I’m sure such a scarf like this will keep you logically warm. Well, at least at the neck anyway.
89. A pillow like this is guaranteed to help you live long and prosper.
After all, it contains the Vulcan salute on it. So I’m sure it’ll give you comfort in some way.
90. As Captain Picard would say while baking cookies, “Bake it so.”
I have to admit, that’s pretty clever to put on a Star Trek oven mitt. However, I’m not sure if Captain Picard bakes in his spare time.
91. When it comes to bead work, this Captain Picard portrait takes the cake.
Now that also looks quite like him. Didn’t know you can master something like this with beads. Amazing.
92. For those who need solace, these Star Trek prayer candles are just what you need.
Consists of Kirk, Spock, and Sulu. Made by some company on Etsy. Still, these are quite funny.
93. This wooden Starfleet box is sure to keep your belongings safe and secure.
Well, it’s probably more for decoration. But it’s sure to go well with the red uniform.
94. No Trekkie girl’s wardrobe could be complete without a Starfleet insignia skirt.
Sure it might not go with any Starfleet uniform. But I’m positive those at the Trekkie convention would love it.
95. For Trekkies, home is always the Bridge.
Because on the Enterprise, most of the action happens there. Still, this is pretty cool.
96. A Spock pendant necklace is always a logical jewelry choice.
Helps that the Spock on this is painted. Also like the frame and chain.
97. No female officer in Starfleet is well dressed without her Starfleet command earrings.
Comes in 2 variations. Available on Etsy. Nevertheless, so pretty.
98. It’s only logical that you should have a Spock plate in a china closet.
Well, for display anyway. Not sure about him being surrounded by flowers.
99. Keep dry on the Enterprise with your very own Federation uniform towel.
Available in 3 different colors with the insignia embroidered. Will go well in an Trekkie bathroom.
100. Finally, while Kirk and Picard might drink different things, they both keep their beverages in a Federation mug.
Not sure if they have these any Starfleet mess hall. But you kind of think they should.
Another excellent post! I feel inspired to make a couple of these. Thank you so much for putting this together.