Of course, while some superheroes have powers, this doesn’t mean that some of them have to eat to sustain themselves. And if you don’t have superpowers like a lot of those in Marvel, you need to eat a balanced diet. And spend hours a day working out and training because a vigilante crime fighter always needs to stay in shape. Seriously, while female superheroes are always thin and pretty, there’s not a big body image problem among them. Because most of their male counterparts basically have six-packs anyway. And the genre tends to be geared toward boys and young men anyway even if it does have a big peripheral demographic. That’s because a lot of your superhero stories tend to operate on different levels. Captain America’s story with the Winter Soldier can’t be more poignant if the Winter Soldier isn’t his best friend Bucky Barnes whom he thought died in WWII but apparently he received a fate far worse than death. And this story line was created before the Peeta hijacking idea in the Hunger Games. Spider Man is popular because he’s really a guy named Peter Parker who’s trying to balance his life as a masked vigilante along with normal every day problems. He also has a boss who utterly hates Spider Man (ironically). People love Iron Man because even though Tony Stark can create a reactor heart, he’s still an incredibly selfish guy with unresolved daddy issues as well as struggles with drinking and relationships. Seriously, look how he treats Pepper Potts and you see what I mean. Wolverine enjoys incredible appeal mostly because despite being utterly indestructible, he’s such an utter mess that nothing seems to go right for him. And if it weren’t for his mutant powers and his sense of justice, Wolverine probably wouldn’t be able to function as a human being. Nevertheless, superheroes are so popular that people have parties pertaining to them, mostly for young boys. So it’s not unusual to see some superhero themed food. And I here I present the Marvel set.
- Wish your kid a smashing birthday with this Hulk Smash cake.
Hulk smash through wall. Alex smash through cake. Cake more suited for toddlers.
2. There’s nothing more patriotic than this Captain America shield cookie platter.
And it helps that these cookies consist of red, white, and blue stars. Not sure if they’re all the same size.
3. For a healthier fruit snack, this Captain America salad is right for you.
To add the red, white, and blue this consists of raspberries, banana slices, and blueberries. And yes, it looks great.
4. For an alternative fruit snack, you might want to munch on Spider Man strawberries.
These are basically strawberries with Spider Man icing eyes on them. Seem rather simple to make.
5. Spider Man pita pizza is always a tasty treat to make.
So what would it be, olives or not? From the look of it, seems like a tough question.
6. Avenger pizzas, assemble!
You have to like how which Avenger goes with which topping composition. Not sure if I’d want to taste the Hulk’s.
7. A cake like this is bound to go with your Avengers’ pizza party.
On this cake , each Avenger has a respective layer. And it seems Black Widow has one, too. Or is it Nick Fury?
8. This is kind of sandwich for anyone with a hulking appetite.
I guess this is an Incredible Hulk tortilla sandwich? Or is it a quesadilla? I can’t tell.
9. For an easy cookie treat, try these Iron Man hands.
At least these cookies don’t shoot laser beams. Still, these are quite creative.
10. If you liked Guardians of the Galaxy, you might want to take a bite from these cupcakes.
These cupcakes show aspects you might see from the movie. Some I remember. Some I don’t.
11. This Iron Man Cake surely lights up a party.
This one is said to have LED lights embedded in the cake to create the effect. Seems pretty expensive and unnecessary.
12. For any Guardians of the Galaxy party, this Rocket cookie cake is a real treat.
Yes, that’s a raccoon on a cake. If this wasn’t an icing one though, you’d be in trouble.
13. Deadpool stuffed peppers are sure to make a great super meal.
And it seems this one thinks in slices of American cheese. Not sure what’s on his mind now.
14. Nothing packs a healthy punch like Spider Man fruit salad.
This one has a watermelon Spider Man head along with some blueberries mixed in. It also has sound effects in it, too.
15. These dancing baby Groot cupcakes will make a fine addition to any Guardians of the Galaxy dessert platter.
Of course, these use cupcakes for the pot and cookie for Groot. Nevertheless, they’re adorable.
16. Start your day with Captain America’s super powered pancakes.
Because a pancake decorated with blueberries, strawberries, and whipped cream is all your little super soldier needs to start their day. Still, clever.
17. Seems like Spidey knows how to scale this cake.
Apparently, he’s squaring off against Doctor Octopus. Wonder where he is in this beyond the tentacles.
18. For your Spider Man dessert platter, you can’t go without these macarons.
Well, these are red Spider Man cookies with icing. They’re probably incredibly sweet. However, at least they look good.
19. Pancakes like these are perfect when you’re angry.
I’m sure these are for anyone who wakes up feeling like the Incredible Hulk. Then again, nobody wants to be with the Incredible Hulk in the morning.
20. These Captain America cookies sure have great patriotic flair.
As you see, each one is painted like his shield. Great for any birthday or 4th of July picnic.
21. When it comes to Avenger parties, nothing beats this cake.
Like how they went with Thor’s hammer at the top. Not sure if the green layer is for the Hulk though. But I wouldn’t be surprised.
22. There’s no worth appetizer than a plate of Thor’s hammers.
These hath cheeses and meats attached to sticks of dough covered in salt. Yet, must they provide excellent sustenance that will make thou say, “Another!”
23. For secret agents, you can’t get better than S.H.I.E.L.D pull apart bread.
Okay, it’s a little dark and I’m not sure if it’s bread. But it certainly has the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on there.
24. For a dessert platter, you can’t do without some Spider Man bark.
Yes, this is Spider Man spider web candy bark. I know because it’s red.
25. At Vahalla, you have to guarantee that they’ll have Thor hammer cupcakes.
The hammer is made from pretzel sticks and marshmallows. Available only to those who are worthy.
26. These Hulk cupcakes are sure to be an incredible smash.
And these seemed homemade, too. Just add 3 colors of icing on the chocolate cupcakes.
27. Nothing makes a better lunch in the galaxy than a Groot sandwich.
No, I don’t mean Groot as a sandwich. I mean a sandwich that looks like Groot. There’s a difference.
28. Speaking of sandwiches, how about try some Iron Man cheese and tomato?
The cheese has Iron Man’s face on it. The tomato is for background. Bound to do Stark Industries proud.
29. No evil in the MCU could ever resist a HYDRA pie.
This would be a great addition for the annual HYDRA bake sale. How do you expect such an evil organization to raise funds?
30. Try to claw your way into this Wolverine cake.
And it seems that you might want to be careful with the adamantium claw on top. Perhaps use it as a knife since it can slice through anything.
31. Nothing makes a Spidey party than these Spider Man cookies.
These are sugar cookies with icing Spider Man faces on them. Still, I’m sure any fan will love them.
32. This Spider Man cake is surely surrounded by webs.
I’m sure this was professionally done considering the Spider Man at the center. Nevertheless, I think it’s quite clever if you ask me.
33. Those who might like Japanese cuisine might appreciate some Deadpool sushi.
This only has Deadpool’s eyes. But I’m sure any diehard fan is bound to appreciate this.
34. Nobody can resist a cake in the galaxy like this of baby Groot.
Definitely professionally made as I see from the artistry. Nevertheless, it’s so adorable.
35. I’m sure this apple would make a healthy Spidey snack.
Because it’s an apple with Spider Man’s face carved into it. Portable but probably takes some time to make.
36. For tearaway cupcake cakes, this one certainly is great for patriotic occasions.
Well, at least the red and white outer circles are. Not sure about the blue cake with the star in the middle.
37. This lunch was made courtesy of your neighborhood Spider Man.
This one has Spider Man in a salad as well as spiders in the other dishes. Parents, try to make sure your kid isn’t arachnaphobic before serving them this.
38. No Avengers party is complete without some Black Widow bars.
Because as a member of the Avengers, she has to have a treat of her own. Sure she’s a girl but she’s an Avenger. And she should be treated like one.
39. How about a Spider Man platter with a spider in it.
After all, that’s Spider Man’s trademark. He was bit by a radioactive spider, you know.
40. If you love your friendly neighborhood Spider Men, then you will love this pizza.
Not a lot of cheese used on top, but that’s the point. Still, this is quite clever.
41. Only a Captain America appetizer platter is super worthy of any patriot.
This includes strawberries, cheese, raspberries, and blueberries. Mostly fruit but the colors are consistent with the shield.
42. For dessert, you can’t go wrong with some Spider Man jello.
It’s just red jello made to resemble Spider Man’s head. And yes, icing is involved.
43. Nothing makes your Guardians of the Galaxy veggie platter complete like a Rocket Raccoon veggie platter.
Well, it doesn’t have all veggies. But it’s surely so cute.
44. Never seen a Groot cake like this.
Yes, this is a cake bust of Groot’s head. Professionally made and probably rather expensive.
45. Apparently, you can see Iron Man rising from this one.
Not sure if I remembered this scene in the movies. Then again, I’ve never seen the first one, anyway.
46. For a smashing party, check out this smashing salad.
Yes, this is a Hulk salad. And sure, it’s not green. But the watermelon it’s presented in is.
47. Nothing makes your dessert platter ever more smashing than these Hulk pudding cups.
These mostly consist of green pudding with chocolate chunks on top. Nevertheless, like the faces.
48. Captain America cupcakes always make a fine patriotic addition to any dessert platter.
Sure they’re not chocolate. But they’re surely easy to decorate than some of the others on this list.
49. When it comes to Marvel superheroes, you can’t do wrong than these bento lunches.
Includes Captain America, Spider Man, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Wolverine. I’m sure each lunch has something different to offer.
50. If you want some super soldier pizza, this Captain America pie can’t be beat.
This one has pepperoni for the stripes. And blue food coloring for the center around the star.
51. Top your Marvel dessert platter with this Captain America shield cake.
Well, this one has the comic Captain America. But the shield is quite nice.
52. For your Spider Man party, go all out with these Spidey cupcakes.
Well, at least these have either webs and spiders on them. Still, if they’re red, they’re from Spider Man.
53. This Captain America cake will make any party patriotic.
This one has a helmet and shield on top. And it’s in red, white, and blue.
54. These Spider Man cake pops are worth spinning a web for.
Since these webs have red underneath, they’re Spider Man. But they’re certainly not for arachnaphobes.
55. For your Marvel party, take a taste of this Captain America tart.
Well, it’s a berry shield tart with strawberries and blueberries. Captain America action figure not included.
56. Nothing makes your Avengers party more assembled than these cake pops.
These include Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, and Avengers log. Black Widow and Hawkeye not included.
57. In the realm of Rice Krispies, there’s nothing more incredible than these treats.
Hulk snacks on these Rice Krispie treats. Treats green with sprinkles, too.
58. Those into Deadpool might find these cookies quite tasty.
These are cookies with Deadpool’s face on them. But I’m sure non-fans wouldn’t notice it.
59. When it comes to saving a city, this Spider Man cake is just the ticket.
This one is from Cake Boss. It was probably for some spoiled rich kid’s birthday party. Considering how big it is and how it’s a cake Peter Parker can’t afford.
60. Those at HYDRA might take delight in these Red Skull marshmallow pops.
Yes, they look like red marshmallows with faces on them. Kind of makes Red Skull seem like a lovable figure, which he’s not.
61. Nothing makes your Avengers party complete like this cake.
Man, this Avengers cake uses a lot of detail in this. Hulk is smashing through walls while Iron Man is just hanging out.
62. In this galaxy, there’s nothing more worth munching on than Groot cookies.
I’m sure some pastry mechanism was involved with this one. Still, these are Groot- I mean great.
63. For a smashing good time, try some Hulk pops.
Not sure are marshmallow or cake pops. Either way, they seem rather easy to make since they’re green with sprinkle hair.
64. Nothing graces not your appetizer platter like Thor hammer snacks.
Okay, I might’ve shown these before. However, those had other cheeses and meat. These ones are mostly of cheddar.
65. For a healthy appetite, try something from this Spider Man fruit salad.
Yes, this fruit salad in the form of Spider Man. And it’s filled with apple slices, pineapple, strawberries, and grapes.
66. What’s more awesome in Guardians of the Galaxy than Awesome Music Mix Vol. 1? Well, this cake.
Okay, I’m kidding about that one. The music from that film practically made the movie. Still, this is a really awesome cake.
67. No Iron Man party should ever go without these hand cookies.
Yes, I put up Iron Man hand cookies before. But these don’t use any icing.
68. These Avengers cake pops are surely well assembled.
Includes Hulk, Iron Man, Yhor, Captain America, Black Widow, and Nick Fury. Apparently, Hawkeye isn’t nearly as popular to have one, is he?
69. This Mjolnir cake should only be for the birthday of whom is worthy.
I know I’ve posted a Thor hammer cake before in last year’s birthday cake post. Still, at least this one doesn’t resemble anything phallic. At least as I see it.
70. There’s nothing more smashing green at a party than this Hulk face cake.
Sure it may not look quite like Mark Ruffalo. But still, this cake looks really pissed.
71. At Charles Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, every meal is served with some Cyclops bread.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that Cyclops is the most popular character on X-Men. Because despite being married to Jean Grey, most fans would rather see her with Wolverine.
72. To celebrate a birthday at S.H.I.E.L.D., this is the kind of cake to mark the occasion.
Now we know the kind of cake someone should get for Nick Fury’s birthday party. After all, even though S.H.I.E.L.D. is a secret organization, its logo appears everywhere.
73. For your fiesta, you can’t do without your very own Captain America nacho tray.
Includes two colors of chips, dip, and some cherry tomatoes. Not sure if Captain America eats Mexican though.
74. You can’t have a patriotic party without a quintessential Captain America shield cake.
Well, this is probably the kind of Captain America cake you’d get at a bakery. I suppose the others were custom made.
75. Those who like X-Men might like these punk Storm cake pops.
Let’s just say that Storm didn’t always stick to the same hairstyle over the years. Still, she looks better without a mohawk.
76. Grace your Marvel dessert platter with these Captain America shield cookies.
Okay, this is another set of Captain America cookies. But these don’t have icing as you see.
77. For a feast at Vahalla, you can’t possibly do without some Odin bread.
Surprised that I couldn’t find many treats associated with Loki since he’s a rather popular character. In the movies, Odin is kind of a jerk (though he’s a better guy than in the myths).
78. Anyone into Deadpool might want to get a taste of these mask cookies.
Yes, this is another set of Deadpool cookies. But these mask ones look quite different from the others. So they count.
79. Those who are into Spider Man vs. Venom might appreciate this cake.
Sure Venom may seem like Spider Man in a black suit. However, he’s not and he’s far worse than that.
80. At Asgard, there’s no worthy sustenance than some Thor hammer snacks.
These include Ritz crackers, cheese lightning bolts, grapes, and pretzel sticks. And I ensure they’re worthy snacks for a Norse god.
81. Each of the Avengers get a piece of this cake.
As long it’s Hulk, Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man. Because they’re the most significant in the Marvel Comics franchise.
82. Nothing makes a Spidey party better than this Spider Man cake.
This one is a cake of Spider Man’s face. And it comes with some web cupcakes. Looks pretty neat.
83. Your Avengers baby shower simply can’t happen without these cookies.
Of course, I’m sure the Avengers weren’t wearing such outfits when they were little. Still, these are cute.
84. When it comes to Guardians of the Galaxy, these Awesome Music Vol. 1 cookies would make a fine addition to your dessert platter.
Because nothing says Guardians of the Galaxy like its awesome music soundtrack. Nevertheless, these are great.
85. Start your breakfast with whole Groot muffins.
Well, these are just muffins with eyes in them. And they’re uneven for Groot’s hair. So cute.
86. Nothing packs the punch like some Hulk hand cake pops.
Yes, these are little Hulk hand cake pops. Not good for smashing. Though they might be delicious.
87. These Avengers cupcakes are surely well assembled.
Includes The Incredible Hulk, Hawkeye, Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, Spider Man, and Loki. Sure Loki is a bad guy. But you can’t help but like him.
88. On your Spidey shack platter, you can’t go without some Spider Man gouda.
Well, these shells have webs to match Spider Man’s spider suit. Kind of clever if you think about it.
89. For a Mexican treat in the galaxy, perhaps take a bite out of a Groot churo.
I’m sure the dirt is made from pudding and Oreos that you can dip churo Groot in. Still, this is quite clever.
90. No Iron Man dinner is complete without some Iron Man pizza.
Well, this one seems to have the suit down quite right. Like how they used onion for the heart.
91. There’s nothing more soft and fluffy than some Hail HYDRA bread.
Well, this looks pretty disgusting. Still, I’m sure the people at HYDRA enjoy this in their cafeteria.
92. Get ironed up for this Iron Man cake.
This one seems to have a reactor light inside. Probably not edible. But I’m sure the rest of cake is.
93. For a special Avengers treat, taste some of these Black Widow dark chocolate pinata cookies.
And these are filled with Mini M&M’s. At least Black Widow has a great treat like this if you ask me.
94. There’s nothing grander at a party in Asgard than these chocolate Thor hammers.
All you need are chocolate, pretzel sticks, and possibly marshmallows. Serve only whom is worthy.
95. If you like Marvel, then you’ll sure adore these cupcakes.
I’m sure these were professionally made with all the detail. Nevertheless, they’re pretty cool if you ask me.
96. Delight your Spider Man party guests with these Spidey pizza bites.
These are covered with tomato sauce, cheese, and olives. Brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Spider Man.
97. This Marvel cake seems very full of color.
Since it has at least 2 Avengers as well as sound effects galore. Love the bright colors.
98. Get a patriotic healthy taste with this Captain America fruit platter.
Yes, this is another Captain America fruit dish. However, this one has marshmallows and dip.
99. No Marvel superhero party is complete without these Deadpool cupcakes.
I don’t know much about Deadpool. But I hear he’s really popular. Also, these cupcakes have red filling and chocolate icing for the mask.
100. Finally, there’s no better Guardians of the Galaxy treat out of this world than these chocolate Groots.
And here they all are in their pudding cups. Made from pretzels, marshmallow, and chocolate. Adorable.
You have well listed the items wich are part of the outfit of super-heros in the collective imaginary.
You made a big work
These cooks and bakers are so talented- and may have a little too much time on their hands! I think that I could make the pretzel & cheese Thors hammers! Fun post!
Super article. Lots of inspiration for my sons marvel party, thanks.
Where did you find that Spiderman Tentacle Cake? I’d love to see the details on it but it’s blurry.