When it comes to comic book superhero movies, the food doesn’t get a lot of attention. But if the superhero is very rich, then there will probably be a party at some point in the film. And let’s just say, parties almost always have to have food. For instance, while Bruce Wayne normally spends nights fighting crime in Gotham City as Batman, there are some nights when he can’t put on his bat suit. Because as one Gotham City’s richest and leading citizens, Bruce Wayne has a lot of social obligations he can’t avoid. Hosting parties at Wayne Manor as well as attending them elsewhere is among them. After all, Bruce Wayne is very much a public figure in Gotham City and that’s what public figures do. And figuring that Bruce Wayne spends a lot of time in his batcave and fighting bad guys, you probably can assume he doesn’t have much role in the party planning. So I can guess that the party planning job most likely goes to Alfred or someone else. Nevertheless, somehow there’s some party or another in almost every Batman film. Still, outside the movies, it’s not unusual for many fans to have superhero themed parties with such themed treats. A lot of these tend to pertain to young boys but not always. Besides, while superhero fans tend to be stereotyped as male nerds, they tend to have a lot of mainstream popularity spanning over generations since the 1940s. How else could you ever explain why The Dark Knight did so well at the box office? Sure the nerds might be the ones reading the comic books. But it’s not just them watching the movies, TV shows, or cartoons. So for your reading pleasure, I give you a treasure trove of DC Comics inspired treats. And be sure to catch Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice which comes out in theaters on Friday, March 25. Also, most of these will be Batman and Superman by the way.
- No Batman themed party should ever be without a cake of the Caped Crusader.
I have to admit that’s an awesome cake that any big fan would want. I’m sure it’ professionally made and doesn’t come cheap.
2. Any die hard Batman fan is bound to appreciate a cake like this.
This one is of the batcave and Wayne Manor. And I see that the Batmobile is down the road. Like the bats on this though.
3. Batman fans in Japan might take delight in some of Gotham City’s finest sushi.
Okay, maybe I’m being a little stereotypical. But I couldn’t resist showing off such sushi with the Batman sign. That’s clever.
4. Cookies like these can go with any Batman cake.
These Batman cookies were inspired by the comics. Still, I like the ones with the bat signal.
5. No Superman party is complete without these super cookies.
Yes, these are Superman cookies with the Superman symbol. Not sure what it means on Krypton though.
6. For a super healthy snack, this Superman fruit tray has got you covered.
This one contains pineapple and strawberries. Sure it’s not a lot of variety. But Superman’s symbol only comes in 2 colors.
7. A pizza like this can surely do a man of steel justice in Metropolis.
This is a Superman pepperoni pizza. May not be the healthiest thing for you. But I surely appreciate the artistry here.
8. Those who love homicidal clowns would surely adore a cake like this.
This one features Harley Quinn and the Joker who have their fans. However, not sure why anyone in their right mind would get a cake like this.
9. No DC Comics superhero party could be complete without these Justice League cupcakes.
Although I can’t tell you who some of these people are, these do look great. So creative.
10. Whenever Gotham City is in need, they could just flash a bat signal.
Well, this is great bat signal cake. However, when you see this during a party at Wayne Manor, don’t be surprised if your host decides to leave early. Wonder how often that’s happened.
11. Batman cheese sandwiches are bound to make a great Gotham worthy lunch.
On one side you have cheese bat sandwiches. On the other you have cheese bats. Which to choose?
12. Grace your Gotham dessert platter with these Batman cookies.
These are Batman sugar cookies with the Batman symbol on them. Will go well with the bat signal cake I showed earlier.
13. Seems like Batman landed his helicopter on this birthday cake.
Not sure if the chopper is edible. However, I think this cake is pretty cool if you ask me.
14. No Superman party could ever be complete without a super cake like this.
As you see, this cake is for a 40 year old man. Yet, it’s one that shows Superman’s symbol, Metropolis, and some rocks.
15. Nothing makes an awesome Batman party at Gotham City than a cake like this.
Sure this isn’t a cake that comes cheap. But it sure looks awesome to look at.
16. When it comes to Justice League cakes, take your pick.
Includes Green Lantern, Superman, Batman, and the Flash. Guess which 2 will sell the most.
17. Your wonderful superhero party could never be without some Wonder Woman heart cookies.
Not sure what to think of how Wonder Woman’s outfit could be made into heart cookies. But these are quite clever, nevertheless.
18. Now this is a lunch fit for a child in Gotham City.
This batman bento includes fruit bats and a sandwich Batman. I’m sure any kid would appreciate it.
19. No baby shower party in Gotham could ever be a hit without a cake like this.
Not sure what to think about a Batman themed baby shower. Then again, I suppose there could be more inappropriate themes like the Hunger Games.
20. Those with a grittier sense of cuisine might appreciate a Batman cake like this.
I think this one might be inspired by The Dark Knight Trilogy. But you can never be sure.
21. Nothing makes the ultimate Superman party like these cupcakes.
Not only do they have blue, yellow, and red filling, they also have green stuff on them. That’s supposed to be Kryptonite. So Superman probably can’t eat these, even if it’s his own birthday.
22. A Superman fruit tray is sure to be a hit at any super party.
Includes pineapple, watermelon, and blueberries. Still, quite an improvement than the last Superman fruit tray.
23. At a super barbecue, you can’t go wrong with these Superman cheeseburgers.
Nevertheless, these require you to put American cheese on the burger since you’ll need to use ketchup with the details. At my house, my parents usually put the cheese on the buns.
24. To go with your Justice League cupcakes, this cake will make a perfect addition.
This one consists of Superman, Green Lantern, the Flash, Wonder Woman, and Batman. Certainly professionally made. And certainly not cheap.
25. Wonder what’s inside this Riddler cake? Perhaps I’ll never know.
Seems to me that the Riddler is a very popular Batman villain, next to the Joker and Harley Quinn, of course. Still, like how the hat has a question mark.
26. Desserts like these will surely make your Wonder Woman party a blast.
Guess this is for someone who’s turning 50. Still, like how some cupcakes are blue while others are red.
27. A cake like this is fitting for any dark knight in Gotham.
Other than needing to get something for the bat signal, this sheet cake almost seems doable. Like the flour effects on this, too.
28. Grace your super dessert platter with these Superman Rice Krispie treats.
Seems like almost ever treat post I’ve done includes at least one thing pertaining to Rice Krispies. This is no exception, apparently.
29. When it comes to Batman cakes in Gotham City, you can’t get more awesome than this.
This depicts Batman watching over Gotham City. Guess this is for some little kid with very rich Batman fans for parents.
30. These Justice League cake pops would make a fine addition to any DC Comics superhero dessert platter.
I also tend to include at least one cake pops treat as well. These consist of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Robin, Wonder Woman, and the Flash.
31. You can’t have a Superman party without cookies like these.
Includes Superman, Superman’s symbol, Metropolis and lit bombs. Let’s hope Superman disposes the bombs safely like in the water.
32. For a Wonder Woman party, cupcakes like these will surely cause a sensation.
And yes, they seem to emulate her outfit. Still, I think these are quite clever if you ask me.
33. Seems like Batman is on top of the bat signal.
And I guess Robin can see it. However, I’m not sure if Batman can. Still, this cake is great.
34. A party needing evil laughs can’t go wrong with this Joker cake.
This one seems to depict him in a jester hat. Nevertheless, he’s his usual terrifying self as always.
35. At any Batman party in Gotham City, no dessert platter can do without Two-Face pretzels.
Called such because one half is blue and the other is yellow. But let’s just say Two-Face is no longer a decent fellow.
36. Within this cake lies a legend.
This one depicts Clark Kent changing into Superman. He always wears his suit underneath since he’ll never know where a hero may be in need.
37. For a healthy snack, this Wonder Woman fruit salad might be what you’re looking for.
This watermelon is shaped like Wonder Woman’s symbol. And many fruits are on skewers with watermelon stars.
38. No super cake could be as majestic as one of Superman’s Fortress of Solitude.
It’s Superman’s place of solace in the Arctic. However, it’s varied from place to place. And I think Superman might need to find a new one because this Fortress of Solitude is threatened by a menace called climate change.
39. A Flash fruit platter will surely help you health quite fast.
Maybe not at the speed of light. But it’s no doubt good for you.
40. For any party at Paradise Island, this Wonder Woman cake can’t be beat.
Inspired by her outfit, it contains her tiara and her Lasso of Truth. Still, I think some fans might enjoy this.
41. Those who like a DC Comics superhero from under the sea, might like a cookie of Aquaman.
Compared to a lot of cookies I’ve seen this is quite ornate. However, I don’t come across anything Aquaman very often. So it goes on this post.
42. Any little Wonder Woman is bound to enjoy a cake like this.
This one has Wonder Woman’s outfit with a skirt. And it includes wrist cuffs and tiara.
43. For a simple cake design in Gotham, this is the Batman cake for you.
It’s a 2 iered white cake icing cake with a bat on it. Probably professionally made though.
44. If you like the Green Lantern, then this is the cake for you.
Includes a Green Lantern mask and a green lantern. Still, I’m sure fans might enjoy this.
45. No party favors could compare at your super party than these Superman chocolate pops.
Well, they’re just chocolate Superman logos. Probably professionally made but they’re in a tray though.
46. Any boy wonder can always do with a Robin lunch.
It’s main course is a Robin sandwich. Sure it’s not as good as Batman. But I still think it’s quite clever.
47. No wonder lunch could ever compare to this one of Wonder Woman.
Sure it’s over some rice. But I think this is quite cute. Not sure what happened to her legs.
48. Fruit salad like this is always suitable for any caped crusader.
This is a Batman fruit salad. The fact that the watermelon has the Bat symbol cut into it should be obvious.
49. Apparently, the Bank of Gotham City is under assault.
I guess this cake is for a kid since the figures in here are so cute. Includes Batman, Robin, Joker, Harley Quinn, the Penguin, Mr. Freeze, the Riddler, and Poison Ivy.
50. At any Superman party, you always need to have some Kryptonite candy crystals on hand.
Yes, these candy crystals might taste good. But for Superman, they could be the death of him.
51. Who said that superhero parties are for boys?
This a girl cake that includes Wonder Woman, Superman, and Batman. And yes, it’s adorable.
52. No little superheroine’s party is ever complete without these Wonder Woman cookies.
These are cookies of Wonder Woman’s trademark outfit. Nevertheless, do they ever have cookies of the batsuit or Superman’s uniform? I’m not sure.
53. These baby superhero cookies are guaranteed to delight.
These consist of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. And yes, they’re quite adorable.
54. Sometimes a Batman cake can just be yellow with a symbol.
Out of all the Batman cakes shown so far, this one seems the most doable. But it’s still rather well made.
55. A Superman themed party can always use a super snack tray like this.
This one consists of baby hot dogs, cheese, and blueberries. Still, you have to appreciate this.
56. When it comes to entrees, Batman pizza is a Gotham specialty.
This pizza is topped with 2 cheeses and a lot of olives. Because the Batman symbol is in black and yellow.
57. At any Gotham dinner, it always helps to serve a slice of Batman bread.
This is just bread that has a Batman symbol inside. And yes, it looks quite awesome.
58. For a more tart taste, there are sour Kryptonite candy crystals.
These are the sour candies that present Superman’s only weakness. Because Kryptonite comes from his home planet.
59. Wonder what’s inside these Riddler canes.
I suppose they’re the popular sandwich cookie that consist of a creamy filling between 2 chocolate cookies. Of course, I could be wrong.
60. Nothing makes a Superman party better than a dessert dish of Kryptonite jello.
Or worse, if you’re Superman. Because if you’re him, Kryptonite is nothing to joke about.
61. Uh, Harley Quinn, I think you might want to get off that bomb.
Okay, it’s a Harley Quinn cake. But even though Harley doesn’t seem too bright sitting on a bomb, it’s kind of cute.
62. Those who like Harley Quinn might dream of a cake like this.
Harley Quinn may have only been in the Batman franchise since the 1990s. but she’s highly popular. After all, they make cakes like this of her.
63. For a more healthy treat in Gotham City, this Batman fruit platter is just what the doctor ordered.
These consist of pineapple and blueberries. Still, it certainly bears a good resemblance to the Batman symbol.
64. Seems like Batman and Robin have found the Joker’s lair.
Not sure if I’d want to go inside. Includes Batman, Robin, Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, and Mr. Freeze.
65. Of course, no DC Comics treat post could be complete without a cake of the Batmobile.
The Batmobile has been a long mainstay of the Batman franchise. And it surely looks quite cool at any rate.
66. Batman brownies are sure to be a hit on any Gotham City dessert platter.
This is just a brownie with the Batman symbol. But I’m sure it’s quite delicious.
67. No Wonder Woman cake could ever be as magnificent as this.
This is probably the ultimate Wonder Woman cake. And yes, I’m sure it’s expensive and professionally made.
68. This is the kind of lunch that’s fit for any Caped Crusader in Gotham.
This one consists of a Batman sandwich. Yet, you see the Batman symbol on other things, too.
69. Who thought that a guy with a tie and glasses could be a superhero in disguise?
This is a Clark Kent/Superman cake. Apparently, Metropolis residents don’t see the association between the 2 other than in looks.
70. I’m sure people will rush to these Flash Rice Krispie treats with great speed.
Well, maybe not at the speed of light. But while I’m not sure whether the lightning bolts are edible, I think give a great touch.
71. For a fruity concoction, you can’t go wrong with Wonder Woman watermelon soup.
Never heard of watermelon soup before. Still, the pineapple Wonder Woman symbol looks great in it.
72. These Batman cookies are sure to be a hit at any Gotham dessert platter.
Unlike the other Batman cookies I showed, these are just bat cookies. And they’re in blue to distinguished the Halloween bat ones.
73. At Gotham City, these Batman bat cookies are hard to resist.
Well, as long as the cookies have a yellow outline. Still, I think these seem quite tasty.
74. Grace your Justice League dessert platter with cookies like these.
I know I can’t identify a few of these. But I think they look quite awesome for any Justice League party.
75. Guess this cake commemorates Batman squaring off against the Joker.
The Joker is probably one of the most dangerous and creepy clowns ever. Not sure what to make about the teeth.
76. A Batman lunch like this will surely be the envy of fans.
I think this might be a Batman quesadilla since it’s seems to consist of a tortilla with olives. But I’m not sure.
77. For some people, their dad will always be Superman.
And this goes for any kid of Lex Luthor. However, if you are one Luthor’s kids, know that he doesn’t want a cake like this.
78. These Batman cookies are sure to make any Gotham party.
This tray consists of Batman, Batman symbol, the bat signal, Catwoman, Joker, Two-Face, Bane, and comic sound effects. Still, these are certainly professionally made.
79. No Batman dessert platter could go wrong with these cupcakes.
These are just iced yellow with bats on them. Yet, they do have black sprinkles for added effect.
80. A Batman fruit tray like this is nothing to grape about.
Because this tray mostly consists of grapes. Yet they’re 2 different colors.
81. Grace your Gotham dessert platter with these Batman cake pops.
These cake pops have Batman’s face on them. Not sure what to make out of that.
82. A Gotham cake with a bat signal is sure to be a real hit.
Yes, I know this is another bat signal cake. But this one is on a sheet. That’s different.
83. Who says that superhero cakes can’t use pink and purple?
Not sure if it’s just for 2 girls or a boy and girl. However, I sure think it’s cool at any rate.
84. These Wonder Woman macarons surely have stars.
Well, they’re listed as Wonder Woman macarons on Pinterest. But they could easily be for 4th of July if made by then.
85. Get a piece of this Flash cake since it’ll be gone fast.
Maybe not as fast as the Flash. But I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be in a long line for a piece.
86. Batman cheese and crackers surely make a heroic snack in Gotham.
These cheese on these is quite batty though. But it’s probably quite tasty since it’s cheddar.
87. You can’t have a Justice League baby shower without a cookie tray like this.
Consists of the Flash, Green Lantern, Superman, and Batman. Still, these cookies are adorable.
88. These Batman Rice Krispie treats are a hit in Gotham City.
Well, these are dipped in yellow chocolate before being decorated. Still, not sure if I can make ones as pretty as these.
89. These Flash cupcakes are sure to go fast.
Maybe not as fast as the Flash. But I’m sure the Flash has plenty of fans who’d want cupcakes like these.
90. When it comes to cookies, I assure these are super tasty.
Well, these are Superman sugar cookies. But these also have blue icing on them unlike the other ones.
91. Anyone who likes Wonder Woman will surely appreciate a cake like this.
Since it has the Wonder Woman symbol and is covered in stars. I’m sure fans would love it.
92. If you like Batman, then be sure to be in awe of a cake like this.
Well, it’s a cake of Batman’s head. A little disturbing but nonetheless unique.
93. Any evil clown girl is bound to love these Harley Quinn cupcakes.
These are sure to go well with any Harley Quinn cake. Hey, they might go fine with any Joker cake, too.
94. No Superman party can be a hit without some of these cupcakes.
Some have Superman’s symbol, others have Kryptonite. If you’re Superman, stay away from the Kryptonite.
95. These Wonder Woman cookies will make a wonderful addition to any dessert platter on Paradise Island.
Includes Wonder Woman symbols, stars on blue, and her tiara. I’m sure these are professionally made, by the way.
96. Apparently, Wonder Woman is standing tall on a cake like this.
I’m sure she’s not very edible. However, the rest of the cake probably is. Well, if you don’t count the tiara.
97. This little Justice League cake is one for the kids.
And it seems that Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman got in a little scuffle. But the Flash seems to be all right because he’s so fast.
98. A Wonder Woman star cake is one to surely behold.
Includes her symbol and tiara. Not sure either are edible. But the rest of the cake should.
99. Apparently, Batman has descended into Gotham City.
And it seems Batman’s cape is being blown in the wind. Still, this is a rather neat cake if you ask me.
100. I’m sure you’ll be seeing more cakes like these at parties after Friday.
Yes, this is a Batman and Superman cake. Since there’s a movie about them not getting along, I thought I’d save it for last.