The wizarding world of Harry Potter has all kinds of food and places to eat. At Hogwarts, the Great Hall always has food magically prepared on one’s dish as well as a feast on both the start and end of the terms as well as on Halloween and Christmas. Sure the food may be prepared by house elves but they don’t talk about it much. Outside Hogwarts, you have places like the Leaky Cauldron and Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor at Diagon Alley as well as a few in Hogsmeade like the Three Broomsticks Inn, the Hog’s Head (which is tended by Dumbledore’s brother), and Honeydukes Sweetshop. You also had the tea cart on the Hogwarts Express. As for cuisine, well, you have butterbeer, treacle tarts, pumpkin juice, chocolate frogs, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor Beans, and others. Sure some of the food might seem strange to us muggles, but when it comes to eating in the wizarding world, the scene isn’t as bad as in other fictional worlds. I mean what you’d see in Star Wars where some of the bars are filled with dirt bags and you don’t know what’s being served. And in the Hunger Games, once you’re outside the Capitol and the wealthy districts, large populations are basically starving. Nevertheless, as in other fandoms, there are plenty of fans who make Harry Potter inspired treats for their own themed parties. So for your reading pleasure, I bring you a treasure trove of magical Harry Potter treats.
- Nothing makes a Harry Potter party like cauldron cake pops.
I might’ve had cauldron cake pops in one of my Halloween treat posts. But these were made in the Harry Potter specialty.
2. In the wizarding world, it helps that croissants are shaped like hats.
Well, witches’ hats anyway. Because apparently, people in the Harry Potter world wear hats like these despite that it would’ve made them prone to witch burnings in the 17th century.
3. If you loved the Prisoner of Azkaban, then you might take to a cake like this.
This is a cake depicting Harry riding Buckbeak. It’s professionally made for display. But it’s very well sculpted.
4. Those who might remember Hogsmeade might remember the Hog’s Head.
This is the cake of the Hog’s Head. It’s the bar in Hogsmeade that’s run by Dumbledore’s brother Aberforth. Apparently, they weren’t on good terms.
5. For your Harry Potter delights, nothing makes such a treat than a Hogwarts cake.
Now this was certainly done by a professional and probably doesn’t come cheap. Still, it’s very amazing to look at if you ask me.
6. For those wizards who love chocolate, it doesn’t get any magical than this.
And even if you don’t have a happy birthday, at least you won’t have to worry about dementors coming. Because they can really bum a party.
7. For a lunch on the go, you can’t cast the wrong spell with a Harry Potter bento box.
I’m sure you’d have to microwave this before eating at lunch. But this is so cute.
8. Get yourself sorted for your Harry Potter party with some Sorting hat bread.
Okay, maybe bread might not bring out the Sorting Hat’s best features. But this is quite creative regardless.
9. Speaking of the Sorting Hat, it helps if your surround it with cupcakes.
This is another professionally made cake. But I like the Harry Potter cupcakes surrounding it.
10. Now these are the perfect hotdog rolls for a Slytherin barbecue.
Because their symbol is a snake. Still, I’m not sure if any of the Slytherins had a hotdog, since Hogwarts is in Britain. But if Hogwarts existed in the US, they would.
11. Licorice wands always make a magically tasty treat.
Then again, I’m not a big fan of licorice. But I think this is quite creative to say the least.
12. When it comes to gingerbread architecture, it doesn’t get more amazing than Hogwarts.
I know it’s on top of a cake. But this gingerbread Hogwarts is a wonder to look at.
13. When it comes to Hogwarts spirit, it always counts what’s on the inside.
And as you see, this cake may have white icing. But it has all the Hogwarts house colors inside.
14. If you love breadsticks, these broomsticks are just the ticket.
You might expect Hogwarts to serve breadsticks like these. Mostly because they resemble brooms. Get it?
15. Those who adore Dobby might enjoy a cake like this.
Dobby likes seeing a cake in his likeness. Dobby thinks the maker is too kind. Dobby is in tears.
16. For your fruit tray, there’s nothing more fitting in the wizarding world than a watermelon owl.
Sure it may not resemble Hedwig. But at any Harry Potter party, this would do just fine.
17. Hop aboard the Hogwarts Express with this cake.
Yes, there’s a cake for it the train as well. Then again, the Hogwarts Express is a nice looking train.
18. Brew something special like these cauldron cakes.
These have something green in them. Hope it’s icing. If it’s not, I don’t want to know.
19. For a simple Harry Potter cake, I’m sure this would suffice.
This one just has a Gryffindor tie, Harry’s glasses, and HP lettering. Seems quite doable if you ask me.
20. For Professor Sprout’s birthday, these mandrake cupcakes are a perfect treat.
Sure mandrakes might look creepy to some extent. But these cupcakes are so clever that I had to include them.
21. Support your Hogwarts House with these Harry Potter cookies.
Well, they’re professionally made sugar cookies. But you have to love how they’re designed.
22. Of course, when it comes to cauldron cakes, there’s always the double chocolate option.
At least the dementors won’t go near these things. Which is perfectly fine by me since I love chocolate.
23. When it comes to a birthday at Hogwarts, there’s no better befitting cake like this.
24. Wonder what house you belong in? Maybe try these Sorting Hat cake pops.
Yes, these are Sorting Hat cake pops. Not sure what I’d think about it. Personally, I think the Sorting Hat is kind of creepy.
25. Anyone familiar with Harry Potter should remember a cake like this.
This is meant to resemble the cake Hagrid gave Harry on his 11th birthday and told him that he’s a wizard. Yes, I know there are words mispelled. But that’s deliberate.
26. If you love the Weasleys, then you’ll adore this gingerbread Burrow.
Sure it might not look like much but it’s home. Still, I really think this is brilliant.
27. If you like Hedwig, then you’ll love this owl cake.
Yes, this is a Hedwig cake. And yes, it’s adorable and lovely as you can see.
28. These Harry Potter cake pops are simply magical.
Because these cake pops are of Harry Potter. I’m sure some of you might find them a bit creepy. But I have to put them on this post.
29. To go with your Hedwig cake, these Hedwig cookies will suit you just fine.
These seem to have 3 variations of icing. But I think they’re adorable.
30. If you love Quidditch, then you’ll enjoy a cake like this.
Sure the pieces might not be edible. But this cake seems pretty easy to make compared to some of the others.
31. For a magical party, grace your dessert platter with these Harry Potter cupcakes.
Well, these cupcakes contain stuff relating to the Harry Potter series. And they’re in a variety of different colors.
32. For a magical breakfast, you can’t go wrong with Deathly Hallows pancakes.
I don’t know about you. But they sure don’t look much like pancakes to me. Maybe that’s the point.
33. If you don’t like cheese brooms, may I suggest potato sticks instead?
Besides, potato sticks help the pretzel brooms stand up by themselves. However, they might require thicker pretzels.
34. Serve your Harry Potter dessert platter with these witches’ hat cones.
Well, they’re on top of cupcakes. But each one has a lightning bolt so you’d know that they’re inspired by Harry Potter.
35. When it comes to Harry Potter cupcakes, these ones are sure to have your favorite characters.
These include Harry, Ron, Hermione, Sirius, Hagrid, Dumbledore, Snape, Draco, and Voldemort. Also has a Death Eater, a Golden Snitch, and a wand.
36. For as simple dessert, these owl cookies are just the key.
These are sugar cookies with markings, chocolate chip eyes, and a pretzel nose. And they’re adorable.
37. Any seeker is bound to appreciate these Golden Snitch cake pops.
Thought the Golden Snitches should have bigger wings. Oh, well at least they got the basics right.
38. This Chamber of Secrets cake has been opened.
As you might know from Book 2, the Chamber of Secrets is accessible through a girls’ bathroom. Particularly the one Moaning Myrtle was in where she died.
39. For a simple Hedwig cake, this would be what you’re waiting for.
For some reason, this Hedwig cake appears to resemble one angry bird. Not sure why.
40. If you love Harry Potter, then you’ll certainly fall in love with this cake.
I’m sure this one was made by a professional or someone with too much time on their hands. But all in all, I think it’s quite a remarkable cake. Love the Hedwig in a cage.
41. These owl pretzels will surely make a tasty treat.
This pretzel is covered in white icing and black sprinkes. And it sports eyes of Oreos and brows of licorice.
42. This Golden Snitch cake will open at the close.
Of course, you might wonder why I’m putting up all this cake stuff. However, all I have to say is that sometimes you have to take what you can get.
43. Open up this book cake, and you’ll never know what you’d find inside.
Yes, this book cake has Hogwarts in it as well as a wand and Gryffindor scarf. But it sure looks magical, indeed.
44. On a Hogwarts cake like this, each house has its own layer.
As you see, Gryffindor is at the bottom while Slytherin is on top. Not sure to know what that means.
45. This cake is bound to give you a great view of the Hogwarts grounds.
While some cakes features Hogwarts, this one has Hagrid’s hut, the Forbidden Forest, the lake, the Whomping Willow, and more. Love it.
46. Find which Hogwarts house you belong in with these Sorting Hat cupcakes.
And it seems whoever opened this cupcake is in Slytherin. Still, at least they’re chocolate.
47. Those who love Harry and his friends will surely like a bento lunch like this.
That is, unless they’re vegetarians. Because I think I see that Harry, Ron, and Hermione’s faces are on some ham.
48. If you like Hermione, then you might like a cake of her bag.
Seriously, Hermione has the coolest purse ever which she can put as much stuff as she wants in it. This is very helpful in the Deathly Hallows.
49. For monster fun at your Harry Potter party, may I recommend the Monster Book of Monsters?
It’s the kind of textbook that’s more uncontrollable than most domestic animals. And yes, there’s a certain way you have to open it.
50. For simple treats on your magical dessert platter, these cupcake owls are a hoot.
And they seem to come in white and dark. Also like their eyes.
51. If you enjoyed the Wizard Chess match in the Sorcerer’s Stone, you might like this cake.
Just remember that Wizard’s Chess is far more gorier than its Muggle counterpart. I mean these pieces actually attack each other.
52. Those who love Quidditch might like this cake case.
It’s where they keep the Quidditch balls. Note how the Bludgers are chained so they won’t get out.
53. For a treat worth hooting for, try these graham cracker owls.
Sure the nose is made from candy corn which is sugar wax. But these are cute.
54. For a golden treat, you can’t go wrong with Golden Snitch truffles.
Of course, truffles are rather expensive. Yet, they appear to be filled with chocolatey goodness.
55. If you’re a fan of Snape, then you’ll surely enjoy this bento lunch.
Seems like Snape isn’t having a great day. Then again, when does he ever have a good day?
56. “This is the slice of the Deathly Hallows.”
According to Pinterest, this is supposed to be pizza. According to me, it’s bread. One of us must be wrong.
57. How about all the horcruxes on one cupcake?
Well, except for Harry, of course. But he’s still represented as you see.
58. Kids, you might not want to look at this calzone in the eye.
Because it’s a basilisk from the Chamber of Secrets. So if you look directly into the olive eyes, you’ll instantly die.
59. Funny, Harry and Snape seem to be getting along well in this bento.
Which is strange because Snape hates Harry because he had a thing for his mom. And Harry doesn’t care for Snape because he’s such a jerk to him.
60. When making cheese pretzel brooms, sometimes you don’t need the string.
Well, if you use string cheese. Still, you have to wonder why string cheese isn’t used for cheese brooms more often.
61. Any Death Eater with a sweet tooth is bound to enjoy these Dark Mark lollipops.
Available in 5 different flavors. How disturbing if you ask me. But I wasn’t consulted.
62. Any smart magical girl is bound to enjoy this Hermione dish.
I think this is more of a lunch dish. Yet, you have to like her pasta curly hair.
63. Nothing makes a better addition to your magical dessert platter than pensieve jello.
In Harry Potter, the pensieve is a pool where wizards put their memories in. And it’s to draw them out to retrieve them.
64. On this cake, Hedwig will spread her wings.
Let’s hope Hedwig didn’t leave a little present for Harry on that stack of books. Then again, Hedwig’s bowel movements don’t seemed to be discussed much in the series.
65. Relive the magic of Harry Potter on your dessert platter with these cookies.
Includes Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hedwig, a cauldron, the Deathly Hallows, a witch hat, the Dark Mark, and more. Not sure why the Dark Mark is included.
66. If you liked the Chamber of Secrets, you might enjoy a cake of Tom Riddle’s diary.
Which Harry stabbed with a basilisk fang. He did this after killing the basilisk with the Sword of Gryffindor he pulled out of the Sorting Hat.
67. This Harry Potter sandwich would make a perfectly magical lunch.
Yes, it’s a Harry Potter lunch. Think it’s a pita bread sandwich with Harry’s face on it. But I’m not sure.
68. Those who enjoy Fred and George’s jokes might treat themselves to some cockroach clusters.
Sure cockroach clusters are marketed as Harry Potter treats. But when I hear about them, I think of Monty Python.
69. Now this is the kind of Hogwarts lunch that’s fit for any wizard in training.
This one even has rice squares from all 4 houses. If these were sandwiches, Slytherin’s would have guacamole.
70. For your Harry Potter snack platter, a cheesy owl is all you need at the center.
Sure this owl may be a bit white and yellow. But it sure looks tasty being surrounded by crackers.
71. For a magical lunch, nothing beats Harry and his owl.
Yes, here’s Harry hanging with his owl Hedwig. Nevertheless, it’s so cute.
72. For all you Despicable Me lovers out there, this minion Harry Potter cake is a real treat.
Sure minions may want to serve an evil master. But this is adorable.
73. Bring the magic to your Harry Potter party with these cake pops.
These are cake pops that pertain to Harry Potter. These consist of a lightning bolt, Hedwig, Gryffindor colors, HP, Harry’s glasses, and the Golden Snitch.
74. For some great wizard candy, you can’t go wrong with quill lollipops.
Yeah, lollipops of a kind of writing implement used in the 1700s at perhaps the latest. Yet, they somehow used these at Hogwarts.
75. For all you Quidditch lovers out there, this cake is for you.
This one depicts Harry Potter catching the Golden Snitch. Not sure which book this is from though.
76. When it comes to Harry Potter cakes, you can’t hate these.
Many of these depict the characters. Yet, I don’t understand why the largest two have to be of Harry and Draco Malfoy. Guess this is for a baby party. In that case, the larger Draco cake makes sense.
77. For a more rustic atmosphere, this Hagrid’s hut gingerbread is just the ticket.
Seems like this one is from Prisoner of Azkaban. And there’s Buckbeak in the pumpkin patch. Let’s hope he doesn’t get killed.
78. These Harry Potter cake pops surely have a lot of magical character.
These consist of Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Dumbledore, Voldemort, Hedwig, Dobby, a broomstick, a book of spells, and a Golden Snitch. Still, these are great.
79. As you see, these cookies are the colors of their respective houses.
Apparently, the hardest one on this is perhaps the Hogwarts crest. The other cookies seem easy.
80. For a magical meal, you can’t beat some lightning bolt pizza.
Because Harry’s scar is shaped as a lightning bolt. From some pizzeria in Liverpool, by the way.
81. When it comes to casting a spell, few can resist a Harry Potter sandwich.
These consist of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. And I swear your kids are going to love these.
82. Nothing makes lunch more enchanting than this Harry Potter bento lunch.
Seems like the main course in this is a Deathly Hallows sandwich. Still, I think it’s clever.
83. When it comes to Harry Potter birthdays, Snape is not impressed.
And yes, I read the cake in the late Alan Rickman’s voice. I don’t know about you, but I find this funny.
84. No Harry Potter party is complete without a Harry Potter pizza.
And it seems like Harry Potter has been attacked by the dreaded basilisk. Just not the one from the Chamber of Secrets.
85. Why have a Hogwarts gingerbread house when you can have a gingerbread castle?
Yes, this is another Hogwarts gingerbread castle. But this is is quite a wonder to behold, too.
86. As you know Hogwarts’ motto goes, “Never tickle a sleeping dragon.”
This Hogwarts crest on this cake seems more official looking than the last one I put on this post. But I like it.
87. Another famous Harry Potter candy is chocolate frogs.
In Harry Potter, they come in boxes with trading cards on them. Still, at least they don’t have real frogs in them.
88. Show your house spirit with these Hogwarts house tie cookies.
Each one is in their respective colors. The Hogwarts one is in the center.
89. Seems like this Hogwarts cake has seen better days.
Wonder what happened here? Battle of Hogwarts? Fred and George escaped from the tower after turning a corridor into a swamp? Someone had a mishap with a spell?
90. I’m sure nobody could resist the spell of these Harry Potter cookies.
These consist of Harry, Ron, Hermione, the Sorting Hat, a mandrake, Hedwig in a cage, Gryffindor colors, and a potion. Still, these are cute.
91. At Honeydukes, it’s said you can get yourself some peppermint toads.
Peppermint toads are also candies from Harry Potter. However, I’m not sure how toads and peppermint go together.
92. Now this is the kind of Burrow house you’d see in the Weasley home.
Yes, it’s another Burrow gingerbread house. But you’d imagine Mrs. Weasley making this on Christmas instead of the other one.
93. For magical dishes, you can’t resist the enchantment of these.
Includes Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Hagrid. Nevertheless, these are adorable.
94. When it comes to a gingerbread Hogwarts, it can’t do without a gingerbread Platform 9 3/4.
You mean they have a gingerbread Hogwarts Express, too? Man, this is just awesome.
95. For easy treats, you can’t go wrong with Deathly Hallows cookies.
Just as long as you don’t invite Vicktor Krum to your party. Because he associates this symbol with the mark of Grindewald.
96. In Harry Potter some things just seem to last forever.
Like Snape’s love for Lily as this cake commemorates. Still, I like the owl on it since it almost looks real.
97. These cauldron cake pops seem to be on fire.
Sure they may not specifically pertain to Harry Potter. But he does have potions class which might have cauldrons like these.
98. Surely a Slytherin picnic has to have a snake sandwich.
After all, the snake is Slytherin’s symbol. Then again, it’s also a symbol for Voldemort and his Death Eaters. I mean the Dark Lord has a pet snake he keeps part of his soul in.
99. When it comes to Harry Potter parties, you can’t do better than a cake with Fawkes the Phoenix on it.
Well, on top, anyway. Nevertheless, I think this is a great cake if you ask me.
100. When it comes to Hogwarts, it doesn’t get better than how it looks during the winter.
Yes, it’s yet another gingerbread Hogwarts. But this one is surely spectacular like you can’t believe.