As you may have seen so far, Harry Potter is wildly popular around the world. And like huge fans of Star Wars, Hunger Games, and the NFL, there are plenty of people who have their own brand of magic with their own Harry Potter craft projects. After all, if you’ve seen stuff on Pinterest and Etsy, you’re going to find out that there are fans that are way more obsessed than you. Nevertheless, at Hogwarts, while DIY projects aren’t really a thing, you do have Hermione making the Polyjuice potion for her, Harry, and Ron so they could disguise themselves as Slytherins and sneak into the common room to speak to Draco Malfoy. While this works to a point and the three got what they wanted, Hermione made a major mistake with adding a hair whom she thought was Slytherin student Millicent Bulstrode. However, it turned out to be her cat’s and she had to go to the hospital wing. Let’s just say the Polyjuice potion works well when you’re planning to disguise yourself as a person. However, doesn’t work well when you put a hair of a species that’s different than you. Nevertheless, it was a very funny moment in the series. So for your magical reading pleasure, here I give you a glimpse of all the enchanting Harry Potter craft projects.
- Curl up on your couch with your very own Hogwarts House quilt.
Has all 4 Hogwarts houses in its own color scheme and patterns. More like something I’d want for display though.
2. I’m sure any witch would be pleased to wear a pair of Hedwig earrings.
These look so cute. I wonder what kind of person would make stuff like this.
3. Show your loved one where you’d meet them with this pillow.
“I’ll meet you at Platform 9 3/4,” that’s brilliant. I mean you have to be a big fan to want this.
4. If your house elves aren’t available, use this sign.
Of course, using house elves as slaves kind of highlights the dark side of the wizarding world. However, us Harry Potter fans don’t really talk about this.
5. If you loved Hedwig, then you’ll adore this stuffed owl.
Well, stuffed felt owl anyway that resembles Hedwig. But I think this is amazing.
6. Bring the magic wherever you go with this Harry Potter patchwork bag.
Not sure where some of these come from. But I think it’s wonderful to behold.
7. Nothing can make your Harry Potter life complete without these Hogwarts student peg people.
Some of these even have yarn hair on them. Includes Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Draco, Neville, Cho, and Luna.
8. Little did Voldemort know that he had enough horcruxes for a charm bracelet.
As any Potterhead would know, the horcruxes are Tom Riddle’s diary, Marvolo Gaunt’s ring, Slytherin’s locket, Hufflepuff’s cup, Ravenclaw’s diadem, Harry Potter, and Nagini. I’m sure it’s apparent for those who’ve read the books.
9. This sign post will help you find your way to wherever you desire.
Shows the way to Privet Drive, Hogwarts Express, Ollivander’s, Knockturn Alley, Ministry of Magic, Gringotts, and Diagon Alley. Nevertheless, love the signs if you ask me.
10. Grace your door to bring magic in your home with this Harry Potter wreath.
It’s in the standard Gryffindor colors as well as consists of Harry’s trademark glasses and lightning bolt scar. All in all, it’s a fitting tribute.
11. Show your guests where the butterbeer is with this 3 Broomsticks sign.
Not sure if the sign looks like that in the movies or the books. But I like it.
12. Show pride for your Hogwarts house with these pendant necklaces.
Each of these are made from clay according to its Etsy listing. But they look do well done, I just want to collect them all.
13. If you want to know where your family is, you might want to go with your very own Weasley clock.
I’m sure this was made by someone with too much time on their hands. Still, it’s almost exactly as I imagined it.
14. If you liked Fawkes the Phoenix, then you might appreciate this embroidery piece.
This is a lovely embroirdery piece of Fawkes. Whoever made it really got the color scheme right. Love this.
15. Show your Hogwarts House pride with these house scarf earrings.
Will surely go great with those House pendant necklaces. Still, wonder how anyone could knit scarves so small like that.
16. For Fawkes the Phoenix fans, this amigurumi will melt your heart.
This shows how the bird looks at 4 different angles. Nevertheless, this is adorable.
17. Of course, be wary around this crocheted mandrake.
Not sure if the mandrake is as ugly as you see in the movies. But I think this is clever.
18. This Golden Snitch necklace will open at the close.
Or so it seems like it since it looks as if the clasps are in the center. Still, not sure why they’d have a Golden Snitch in Quidditch in the first place other than it being a quick way to end a match.
19. If you want to go back an hour this spring, you might need a time turner necklace.
Again, while Dumbledore says that magic can’t bring back the dead, somehow Harry and Hermione used a time turner to bring back Buckbeak and help Sirius Black escape. Yes, it’s kind of confusing.
20. For any potions classroom, you might want to go with a hanging like this.
Of course, Professor Snape might think it’s a waste of space. But then again, he’s not much for decorating anyway.
21. Decorate your home for your Harry Potter party with magical decorations like these.
These are outdoor decorations. But they’re certainly in the creative Harry Potter spirit. I mean they tend to resemble Harry’s things.
22. When it comes to Harry Potter, these finger puppets are hard to resist.
These are made of felt. Includes Harry, Ron, Hermione, Draco, Ginny, Hagrid, Snape, Dobby, Dumbledore, and Voldemort.
23. Study for your exams with your very own Hogwarts desk.
Not even Harry had a desk at Hogwarts like this. Still, I’m sure it was made by someone with too much time on their hands.
24. This hairpin will help you show your Hogwarts spirit.
Well, this looks doable for the Hogwarts crest. Well, if I had better drawing skills anyway.
25. Support the Gryffindor Quidditch team with your very own Luna Lovegood lion hat.
Yes, Luna Lovegood wore a hat like this in the books. Yes, she’s kind of eccentric as you see. But you have to like this.
26. Got empty bottles and jars? Make potion containers out of them.
This is a creative idea. Just paint them black and put labels and corks on them. Still, you wouldn’t want to drink from them.
27. A stuffed Hedwig like this would make you hoot for joy.
Yes, it’s another stuffed Hedwig. But this one has Harry Potter glasses and a Gryffindor scarf.
28. When it comes to receiving a word from home, nobody wants to get a howler.
A howler is a letter in the wizarding world in which the sender yells at the recipient. Ron gets one from his mom in Book 2 after he and Harry took the Mr. Weasley’s flying car to Hogwarts which later got them entangled in the Whomping Willow.
29. Now you can board the Hogwarts Express at Platform 9 3/4.
Actually it’s a curtain of the wall that wizards have to go through to get to Platform 9 3/4. Still, it’s pretty clever.
30. Keep your home lit with this lamp of the Deathly Hallows symbol.
Let’s just say if you have a triangle lamp, it shouldn’t be hard for you to design something like this. Still, you should know what each shape stands for.
31. Know what spell to use with this Harry Potter light switch cover.
As any Potter fan knows, Lumos means light and Nox means night. It’s pretty straightforward.
32. Through this sampler, may you solemnly swear that you’re up to no good.
Of course, you have to say these words in order to open the Marauder’s Map. It’s perhaps one of the most underrated magical items in the wizarding world ever.
33. Nothing makes a Harry Potter party like a bunch of letters coming out from the fireplace.
With the way the fireplace is where I live, I could never pull this off at my house. Still, I think it’s brilliant.
34. In case of being cursed, it’s always great to have a potion trunk handy.
Unlike in chemistry sets, none of these work. They’re more or less used to put on necklaces or bracelets.
35. If you don’t live at Hogwarts, you can always make a sculpture of one in a cauldron.
This one is made from clay as you see. And probably by someone with too much time on their hands, too.
36. You never know how easy it is to make a broomstick.
This one just consists of wrapping twigs on big stick with packing tape. Seems doable if you ask me.
37. Tell the time to get on board the Hogwarts Express with this clock of Platform 9 3/4.
Yes, this is a clock. Yes, I thought there was paint chipped from this, too when I first saw this.
38. Lay your head on this Hedwig pillow.
It’s just a bright blue cushion pillow with a snowy owl on it. But I’m sure any Potter fan would adore this.
39. “After all this time?”
Pretty much sums up Snape’s love for Lily. And why his patronus is a doe.
40. You can never get more endearing than with these Harry Potter amigurumi.
This one includes Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hedwig, Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, Lucius Malfoy, and Voldemort. Nevertheless, these are adorable.
41. Have your home be the ultimate Harry Potter sanctuary with these canvas blocks.
These consist of the Deathly Hallows, the Golden Snitch, Platform 9 3/4, and Harry’s glasses and scar. Bound to go well in any room.
42. Before going to Diagon Alley, make sure you have some wizard money with you.
As you know, wizard money consists of galleons, sickles, and knuts. And no, they have no bills or charge cards to speak of. Even though those products really come in handy.
43. Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans are great for charm bracelets.
In fact, it comes to my attention that these beans are better for decorating than eating. Then again, I was never a fan of jelly beans anyway.
44. Be the brave witch in your kitchen with your Gryffindor apron.
I don’t know about you. Yet, did you ever wonder whether they practiced lab safety in Potions class? Just a thought.
45. Remember, anyone with unpaired socks can now donate them for a good cause.
Yes, donate your socks to save Dobby and his house elf friends. Okay, maybe Harry helped free him. But still, this is great.
46. A Harry Potter party is never complete without a golden owl sculpture.
Even if people don’t get the Harry Potter reference, they’d still think this is amazing. Still, probably created by someone with too much time on their hands.
47. If you like the Chamber of Secrets, you might like this diorama of Ron and Harry flying to Hogwarts.
Let’s hope they watch out for the Whomping Willow. And sightings from Muggle conspiracy theorists.
48. For a Harry Potter tea party, you can never find a better tea set than this.
Well, this was listed on Etsy. Still, this seems like something you’d find at a Hogwarts gift shop for some reason.
49. Hanging a wreath like this at the door can help ward off Dementors.
Yes, it’s a Patronus wreath as you see. And it seems that these people’s patronuses are a horse and jellyfish.
50. Of course, no Harry Potter craft post is complete without a set of nesting dolls.
Includes Dumledore, Snape, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Voldemort. Still, I’ve put nesting dolls of Hunger Games and Star Wars back in November.
51. Seems like the Weasleys have gone a bit high tech.
Sometimes I don’t know why wizards don’t embrace higher forms of technology. A clock like this would make the Weasleys’ lives so much easier even with magic.
52. Step into Hogwarts with these Harry Potter high heels.
Yes, I had Harry Potter high heels in my last post. But these are more decorated as you see.
53. Cover up your couch with this Harry Potter afghan.
I see that the edges contain the Deathly Hallows symbol. But you have to appreciate the design.
54. If you need a patronus, this sampler of a stag should help.
Harry’s is a stag like his dad’s would be since it was his animagus form. Love the craftsmanship here.
55. Nothing makes your Gryffindor common room better than a lamp like this.
Well, it has a Gryffindor lampshade and a Hedwig lamp body. Still, I think it’s brilliant.
56. Grace your magical home with your very own Deathly Hallows mirror.
I know this isn’t suited for a bathroom. But it would look great in a hall or a living room.
57. At Diagon Alley, you could always lounge at the Leaky Cauldron.
This is a Leaky Cauldron sign. Nevertheless, I think it almost seems like you’d see in the movie.
58. Nothing brings the magical world of Harry Potter to life than these Chibi figures.
Well, can’t name the characters in this bunch since it would be a long list. But they all look so cute.
59. This Harry Potter patchwork bag really brings out the magic.
Yes, I know it’s another Harry Potter patchwork bag. But this one is in a different design. So creative though.
60. For a more laid back home, you might like this Harry Potter bookshelf quilt.
Contains an assortment of Harry’s things. But be sure to be careful with The Monster Book of Monsters.
61. Don’t worry, I’m sure the stag patronus would ward off the dementor.
Sure they may be Halloween and Christmas decorations meshed together. But you have do admit that this is clever.
62. I suppose these signs will help you find your way in the wizarding world.
Signs consist of Hogwarts, Knight Bus, Quiddich, Diagon Alley, Ministry of Magic, Shell Cottage, the Burrow, Hogsmeade, and Godric’s Hollow. Love the colors on these, too.
63. If you need something to carry your things, Hermione’s purse is just for you.
Man, I wish I had something like this. Doesn’t hurt that it’s purple. Nor the fact it can hold almost everything you need. Well, as far as the books and movies are concerned.
64. If you love gardening, then this Harry Potter terrarium should do nicely.
Guess it’s Harry, Ron, and Hermione out somewhere. And here’s Harry with his books and Hedwig.
65. Show your House pride with these Hogwarts House pillows.
Each of these is made of felt with the House colors and symbol. Yet, these are all adorable.
66. Raise a glass for your House with these Hogwarts wine glasses and carafe.
The carafe has the Hogwarts crest on it. The glasses represent a house. Makes a great commemorative set.
67. Seems like Hedwig has brought Harry something special.
Well, this is an embroidery of Hedwig bringing Harry a broom. Not sure what you think about it. But I like it.
68. Oh, my God, the Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Watch out, muggle borns.
I know this is for a party. But when you read it in Book 2, it wasn’t something worth celebrating about.
69. Experience the magic of Harry Potter with this commemorative quilt.
Yes, I know it’s another quilt. But this one contains stuff pertaining to the books and movies.
70. Celebrate the Harry Potter series by hanging this wreath upon your door.
Now this seems like a definitive Harry Potter wreath. They even have the taped glasses and Hogwarts on it.
71. Relive the world of Harry Potter with this peg people Hogwarts Dollhouse.
Sure it’s not exactly like Hogwarts. But I think it’s rather ingenious nevertheless. So it goes on this post.
72. For all you die hard Potter fans out there, this quilt is for you.
Wonder who would have so much time on their hands to make this quilt. Still, this is incredible to look at.
73. Of course, we try not to discriminate against muggles.
Muggles are non-magic folk in Harry Potter. Yet, I think this sign is so funny.
74. If you want to know your way around Hogwarts, it helps if you paint your closet door as the Marauder’s Map.
The Marauder’s Map also tells you where people are at all times. Yet, I suppose this door was painted like the map by someone with too much time on their hands.
75. When it comes to lawn furniture, nothing is more magical than this Harry Potter wooden lawn chair.
Now that’s the kind of lawn chair I wouldn’t want to put outside. I’d be afraid about the lovely paint job being washed off by the rain.
76. Ladies, show your love for Hogwarts with this lovely black skirt.
This one has all house signs and other magical things. Still, love the purple bow.
77. Master the dead of night with this Deathly Hallows lamp.
Shapes of the Deathly Hallows: The line symbolizes the Elder Wand, held by the brother who died lusting for power. The circle represents the Resurrection Stone held by the brother who died for love. And the Triangle represents the Invisibility Cloak held by the brother who hid away from Death for many years before greeting him as an old friend.
78. Now even the birds can enjoy the magic of Hogwarts.
Yes, this is a Harry Potter birdhouse. A place for wizard birds everywhere to congregate and live.
79. For those who wish to do magic, these Harry Potter wands are just for you.
These are DIY wands which probably are less expensive than ones sold by major companies. They’re also more colorful.
80. When arriving in the house, always know where to put your broom.
Yes, this is a broom rack. No, those brooms aren’t for cleaning. But this is pretty clever if you ask me.
81. Nothing makes a great Harry Potter party than decorating some wine glasses with horcrux cocktail rings.
And there are 7 of these for good measure. Note that Harry’s is red and 3 have other house colors on them.
82. When it comes to wands, each wizard’s is unique.
Yes, this is another set of DIY wands. Yet, these seem to resemble the wands that you’ve seen in the movies.
83. Those who’ve seen the Chamber of Secrets might remember when Ron tried to turn his rat into a water goblet.
Yes, I remember this. It’s also pretty disturbing considering that Ron’s rat wasn’t really a rat at all.
84. Those of whom remember the Sorcerer’s Stone might enjoy this flying key mobile.
Those flying keys certainly bring back memories. If you want to catch one, try to go with the old looking one with the broken wing.
85. If you got a train set, you might like this little train engine.
Yes, this is a wooden rendition of the Hogwarts Express. And yes, it’s quite delightful if you ask me.
86. If you like the riches at Gringotts, then this gold bar might suit your fancy.
However, since this is a replica, you shouldn’t have to worry about the goblins wanting it. And they’re pretty greedy about their stuff. I mean they didn’t take it very well when Godric Gryffindor’s sword was taken from them.
87. Nothing makes a true Harry Potter fan than a pair of earrings like these.
These include the Gryffindor colors, the lightning bolt scar, and Harry’s glasses. Pretty cool though.
88. If you love Luna Lovegood, then you can’t do without these accessories.
Not sure if I recall the cork necklace or the bug ring. But I certainly remember the turnip earrings.
89. When you need a guide to Hogwarts, this map is for you.
Sure it’s not the Marauder’s Map. But it’s a fine illustration that it’s a work of art on its own merit.
90. To help you through your day, this clock could come in handy.
I know it’s not a Weasley clock. But this one does help you know what you should do by the hour.
91. When it comes to studying potions, it helps when you have all the ingredients and concoctions you can get.
This one has a number describing what each potion is. Some might be more harmful than others. So use caution.
92. Know where your Hogwarts House stands up with these beaded point necklace vials.
The Hogwarts Houses go by a point system pertaining to successes and infractions. However, by the later points, nobody seems to care about winning the house cup anymore.
93. Anyone who likes Mrs. Weasley’s sleeves might love this sweater.
Yeah, you have to love those sleeves. Not sure whether the rest of it goes with them. But I’ll take it.
94. Seems like Ron drove his dad’s car into the Whomping Willow.
Let’s just say the Whomping Willow is the last tree you’d probably want to run into. I mean it attacks people. Still, this is pretty good.
95. If you like Quidditch, you might take to these Golden Snitch earrings.
The existence of the Golden Snitch in Quidditch makes me suspect that matches aren’t timed or sectioned. How else can I explain that?
96. This Weasley watch will let you know where your loved ones are while on the go.
I’m sure Mrs. Weasley has to have a watch like this. Well, this one just tells the time. But it’s clever nonetheless.
97. Keep your ingredients organized with this potion spice rack.
Don’t know whether Professor Snape would have paprika or cinnamon on him. But this is clever.
98. Keep yourself warm with this owl post beanie.
This is a beanie with an owl carrying a letter in it. Not sure if it’s Hedwig though.
99. Support your Hogwarts house by wearing one of these necklace pendants.
Each pendant comes with house animal and colors. Not sure if I’d want to wear any of them though.
100. Experience the magic of Harry Potter with these necklace pendants on a chain.
Each pendant pertains to something from the Harry Potter series. But I think it’s best you wear one of these at a time.