As with most holidays, cakes seem to have a special place. And Thanksgiving is no exception. Of course, the motifs are turkey, Pilgrims, Indians, pumpkins, cornucopia, and fall. Of course, you’ve probably seen some of them in my previous post on Thanksgiving treats. Still, I could go on and on about the nice lovely turkey day cakes I’ve seen. However, all that would make you unwilling to view such post. So instead, I’ll show you some other cakes that you might not want around at your family home on Thanksgiving. Whether it’s poor depictions of turkeys or something you don’t want your kids to see, sometimes mistakes are made. So without further adieu, here are some of the cakes featuring Thanksgiving blunders.
1. I’m sorry about your cornfield being hit by that tornado.
Wait a minute, this is a cornucopia? Still, at least we can be thankful for not having to see those giant corny death rays.
2. Looks like that Pilgrim Father’s wearing a hat that seems 3 sizes too small.
Are you sure this isn’t a cake meant to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day? Just saying. Then again, he may just have been covering a receding hairline.
3. This cake is a representation of what happens if you give a Butterball Turkey to a vegetarian.
That’s right. Give a turkey to a vegetarian and it will sit in the fridge for days until it gathers mildew and starts to smell terribly.
4. As we all say, “In one end and out the other.”
Yet, as far as this cake decorator was concerned, I wonder if he or she was sure which end was which. I mean the head seems to be iced on the wrong end.
5. This bird’s on fire, it’s rolling down the road…..
Basically this is what happens to a turkey if you think cooking one for Thanksgiving is setting one on fire while alive.
6. While some say “Happy Thanksgiving,” others take a bit of artistic license.
From Cakewrecks: “And lo, they laid the baby glow worm in a manger, and saideth, ‘Thanks AND Giving’ Lo. Cometh hath. And sucheth.”
7. As he awaited his torment in the infernal regions of Hell, Tom the Turkey stood there wondering what he had ever done to deserve such wretched fate.
Then again, he’s probably roasting in some oven or something. Perhaps awaiting to meet his death through heat exhaustion.
8. Now this turkey seems to be a little too well done here.
Of course, even though this turkey cake looks burnt, it’s probably better to eat than the real thing.
9. Now I’ve never seen quite a turkey with elaborate tail feathers on its head.
Of course, this turkey seems to have a very colorful personality and possibly too much of the brown acid at Woodstock.
10. Sure turkeys are big, but they’re utterly helpless when surrounded by mice.
For God’s sake, this turkey’s feathers seem to resemble punk spikes. Also, what’s with the creepy mice?
11. Even when gutted, plucked, stuffed, and baked, this turkey seems to be surprisingly good at yoga.
Of course, I’m quite sure that turkeys certainly don’t have their legs stretched out like that. Still, doesn’t look right for some reason.
12. Nothing says Thanksgiving than having a turkey being surrounded by tiny phalluses and turd flames.
Of course, this doesn’t look like a turkey in as much as it resembles some weird angry bird’s head about to explode.
13. Now this bird seems to be a little rambunctious.
Either this turkey is just overexcited over something, in panic mode, or just plain high on some LSD.
14. Perhaps this turkey is pining for the fjords.
“‘E’s not pinin’! ‘E’s passed on! This turkey is no more! He has ceased to be! ‘E’s expired and gone to meet ‘is maker! ‘E’s a stiff! Bereft of life, ‘e
rests in peace! If you hadn’t nailed ‘im to the perch ‘e’d be pushing up the daisies! ‘Is metabolic processes are now ‘istory! ‘E’s off the twig! ‘E’s kicked the bucket, ‘e’s shuffled off ‘is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin’ choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-TURKEY!!”
15. A rolling pumpkin gathers no vines.
Whereas this pumpkin cake seems to have a stem at the top of it that resembles a turd. Perhaps some creature just took a dump on it.
16. Oh great, I always wanted to have a Thanksgiving barbecued turkey dinner.
Of course, it doesn’t really look a real turkey. Barbecued or otherwise. Still, are those real raw potatoes? Now that’s strange.
17. Thanksgiving turkey or just a walking mutant turkey headed gingerbread man in a burning wheat field?
Seems like this cake decorator seems a bit too taken in with all this Christmas commercialism these days.
18. This turkey seems to be incredibly stuff.
This is why you should always chew with your mouth closed. Also, a lesson that you shouldn’t confuse your TP with your TNT.
19. Now this turkey seems to have a very huge ass crack.
Is it just me or does anyone else think this turkey is mooning us? Seriously, I think this bird should be arrested for indecent exposure.
20. May we wish you a “Happy Gooble Gooble Day.”
Seriously, how can one person managed to mispell “gobble” for God’s sake? It’s not a hard word to spell. Even a kid could manage it.
21. Before The Nightmare Before Christmas there was The Nightmare Before Thanksgiving.
Of course, The Nightmare Before Thanksgiving didn’t do too well at the box office got terrible reviews. Besides, it managed to anger many in the Native American community that it was pulled from release.
22. Happy Thanksgiving from a black Ken doll in a speedo on a bear rug?
I’m sure this turkey day Burt Reynolds’ centerfold imitation is sure going to go real well with the parents of small children. Not.
23. Happy Thanksgiving, from the Naughty Gingerbread Man.
Seems like Gingy got arrested of indecent exposure. Still, perhaps the baker seems to have gotten too caught up with Christmas.
24. Now you leave the turkey in the oven until it turns golden brown,
Jesus Christ, turkey is people! This is one of the most disturbing turkeys I’ve ever seen. Still, why does cake even exist?
25. So this is Foghorn Leghorn’s brother from Colorado.
Sure while Foghorn Leghorn is a southern gentlemen, Highorn Leghorn relocated to the Haight Ashbury of San Francisco and got a little too into the drug scene and Rastafarianism.
26. This turkey is literally on fire.
Then again, its drumsticks seem to have an appearance of a couple of burning cigarettes. And what’s with the smiley face?
28. Nothing like a turkey than one as a black and white cartoon character.
Now that’s just so utterly terrifying. Also, I wonder if that turkey is about to do something terrible. I’d keep my eye on him, if I were you.
29. Eat this turkey, I dare you.
I’m sure that they cut off the turkey’s head before they put it in the oven. Actually decapitation is the first thing they do with a turkey.
30. Now this is one bright and colorful turkey.
Seems more like a cross between one of those fold up party decorations and a turd to me. Also, seems to be made from a wedding cake sideways.
31. I wouldn’t worry since this turkey is just about half as good as it looks.
Then again, if it’s half as good as it looks, then it must really taste like shit. Also, it kind of seems real dry and can use some gravy.
32. Now this is a nice turkey cake for the kids.
Wait a minute, does that turkey’s head looks like a sex toy for some reason? That or some abnormally shaped phallus.
33. I’ll take a-drumstick?
Wait a minute, are those drumsticks or spray painted poo made to look like drumsticks? Seriously, why?
34. Finally, a decent looking Thanksgiving turkey cake.
Hey, what’s with the Frosty the Snowman hat and scarf? Don’t tell me they’re trying to sneak Christmas upon us!
35. Now that is one huge turkey in this one.
Seems like this turkey doesn’t seem too happy here, to be dessert. Still, a bit too realistic if you know what I mean.
36. How about the cake that combines Thanksgiving and football?
Wait, is that a turkey or a football with drumsticks? Seriously, this might not have been a good idea.
37. Things seem to be getting wacky at NBC and not in a good way.
Seems like NBC wants to get in the Thanksgiving spirit by replacing their peacock with a turkey. Doesn’t seem to take since the turkey might be tripping on something.
38. Now here’s a great Thanksgiving cake straight from Jurassic Park.
This is not a turkey. It may be a velociraptor, Sesame Street puppet, or some kind of cartoon exotic bird. But it is not a turkey.
39. Now this turkey can’t seem to get enough of the fireworks.
Because he seems to be bombarded by them all the time. Also, I didn’t know turkeys can fly. Wait a minute, domestic ones can’t while wild ones, not too well.
40. I’ll some turkey breast meat, thank you very much.
Actually, that’s not what I had in mind. Besides, what farmers putting into their turkeys these days which causes them to grow mammaries? It’s unnatural!