As with my NFL costume post, I decided not to use my own picture to open it this year since photo ops require considerable preparation beforehand. Anyway, while American football fans look forward to their favorite NFL team play, school will soon be in session. And this means college football season will soon begin. In many places in the US, you’ll find people who are more diehard over their college teams than those in the pros. Mostly because they either went to the college or the college in question is closer to where they live. You can see this prevalent in the South, particularly in places like Alabama, Arkansas, and Mississippi. Thus, you’ll probably find plenty of sports fans in ridiculous costumes. So for your reading pleasure I give you another assortment of them. Most of them will be from NCAA Div. I teams. Enjoy.
- Here you can see a real life San Diego State University Aztec.
Sure, it might be cultural appropriation. But unlike the Chargers, at least the SDSU Aztecs won’t desert to LA.
2. Bane and Iron Man can always come out to support the Miami Hurricanes.
Okay, they’re fans dressed as Iron Man and Bane in green and orange glory. Bane even has gloves depicting the school mascot.
3. You’ll see a real Orange Man among the Syracuse fans.
Well, the guy’s in orange spandex. Still less lame than the school’s actual mascot.
4. Someone must be nuts about Ohio State.
He’s wearing a Buckeye nut necklace for emphasis. While his wig is of red and silver.
5. Apparently, Santa Claus supports the University of Virginia.
Okay, that’s not Santa but he’s sporting a long beard and wearing a hat. Still, don’t really see Kris Kringle cheering for the Cavaliers.
6. He wears his love for the North Carolina Tarheels on his hat.
Well, at least on the visor. Also, he painted half his face blue.
7. These guys go blue for Xavier U.
Xavier is a Jesuit university in Cincinnati. Its mascot is the Musketeer and you might hear about them during March Madness. And yes, these guys are painted blue.
8. Here we find a Mountaineer fan trying to playfully strangle a Tiger fan from LSU.
One guy wears a spandex suit with a blue and gold wig. The other goes all in on purple and gold.
9. You’d think these Clemson Tiger fans were in a production of cats.
Since they have their faces painted like a tiger. Some even wear tiger costumes.
10. Always roll the tide in Alabama.
These guys even wear big ties. As they show their Tide boxes on a stick with toilet paper.
11. An Irish fan should go all out.
This woman wears a shiny garland top hat you’d use in Saint Patrick’s Day decorations. Since she’s proud of Notre Dame.
12. This Auburn guy goes with the Tiger face.
He even wears tiger fangs. While his stripes are blue on orange.
13. These guys always wear their love for Auburn on their chest.
Since they’ve painted their chests orange while they spell out the name. Okay, it’s not spelled quite right but you get the idea.
14. They show their love for their South Florida bulls in green and gold.
Well, a couple of them are wearing clothes. Yet, each has a bull on their chests.
15. At Texas Tech, one must put on a cowboy hat and coveralls.
She even wears black and red face paint. Though I’m sure she can loudly shout from the stands.
16. Even dogs cheer for Boston College.
This pooch just wears a T-Shirt. And doesn’t seem too happy its owner made dressed it.
17. Perhaps it’s time to get out the flag for the Navy.
Yes, I know it’s a military branch not a college. But they still participate in college games.
18. WVU fans paint their faces with blue and gold.
One wears a coonskin hat for the Mountaineers. And yes, it has the WVU logo on it.
19. At UNC, the beard must match the hat.
As you can see, he’s wearing a fuzzy Dr. Seuss hat. While his beard is in light blue.
20. This Georgia fan always has to put on the spikes.
Okay, at least on his shoulder pads. But at least they’re not that sharp. Also paints his face red and black.
21. You have no idea of how crazy Georgia Bulldog fans can be.
This guy’s wearing dreadlocks and weird face paint. Also sports spiked shoulder pads.
22. This UConn Huskie fan is all jacked for March Madness.
Since he’s wearing a basketball headdress. While his shirt depicts huskies in Andy Warhol style.
23. He wears his love for the Georgia Bulldogs on his head.
Given that he’s bald, he makes the most of it. Also, that’s just body paint he’ll have to take off before going to bed.
24. Boba Fett arrives in Miami to cheer for the Hurricanes.
However, he has to pick up a frozen Han Solo later on and take him to Jabba. And not in his green and orange suit of armor.
25. Seminole glitter guys, meet your dream girls.
Okay, they don’t have as much glitter on them. But they do wear red and gold body paint for Florida State.
26. Didn’t know I could find an Imperial Stormtrooper at Alabama.
He’s even wearing a red helmet for the Crimson Tide. Though he wouldn’t do well on the rifle team since he can’t hit anything.
27. I bid you a big warm welcome for the La Salle University Glitter Bros.
These guys are from a Catholic college in Philadelphia. While one comes in wearing a tie.
28. This Michigan girl wears her hat for the Wolverines.
Incredibly, she wears a Wolverine hat. And I don’t mean the one from X-Men.
29. Hope you can fan out with this guy from Virginia Tech.
He has an orange clown wig. While his friend wears a maroon one.
30. KISS and the nuns have descended on Wisconsin.
The nuns even wear their Wisconsin pride on their habits. While some of the KISS members have red make up on.
31. Want these fans to spell it out for you?
The guys painted “Clemson” on their chests, letter by letter. Save the one who’s got a pawprint instead.
32. This guy’s gone all red for Georgia.
He wears a red visor and wig on his head to match his face. Not to mention spiked shoulder pads.
33. Never thought I’d come across a real hog head.
Well, he’s an Arkansas Razorbacks fan. As you can see by his hat. Still, you don’t want to run into 30-50 of them.
34. These fans gather for a pow wow at Florida State.
Yes, they’re in Native costume and it’ll sure offend many. But this is a ridiculous fan post. So it goes.
35. Even dinosaurs go for Michigan.
These are fans in inflatable T-Rex costumes. Though you’d think they came all the way from Jurassic Park to watch the game.
36. You’d think this guy’s a real corn man.
Cause he has a cob on his head and each of his arms. And yes, he looks really silly.
37. Things can be weird at a Nebraska game.
Two guys are wearing coveralls. While a woman’s dressed up like an ear of corn. After all, Nebraska’s home of the Huskers.
38. Someone from Kentucky is all blue in the face.
Relax, he’s wearing face paint and a blue wig. Yet, you’d almost think he’ll freeze during March Madness.
39. He’s all horned up for the Georgia Bulldogs.
For he’s wearing horns on his head. Another of the Spike Squad.
40. These Virginia Tech fans come in shoulder pads and capes.
They’ve even painted their faces. But fortunately, their shoulder pads are leather.
41. Make way for the Longhorn fan with the massive horns.
Hope those horns don’t weigh him down. But when he comes, get out of the way.
42. There’s a Joker sporting a Mohawk.
Okay, that’s a Georgia fan dressed as the Joker. Also wears spiked shoulder pads.
43. You’ll find a superheroine among these Seminoles fans.
She wears a cape and mask, too. While she carries her things in her own utility belt.
44. In Arizona State, feel free to put on a fedora and laderhozen.
It’s even funnier that this guy doesn’t look the least bit German. Even wears matching yellow Ray Bans.
45. These women go all purple for Clemson.
Seems like they’re wearing a combination of tank tops and body paint. And yes, they’ve painted their faces.
46. You have to be mad not support the Oregon Ducks.
And no, this guy’s not the Mad Hatter. Just an Oregon Ducks fan with eccentric fashion sense.
47. These glitter women don their Seminole headdresses.
Wait a minute, Seminoles wouldn’t wear those headdresses. Those are Plains warbonnets. Cultural appropriation.
48. If there’s a fire in Arizona, you might want to see this guy.
Okay, he’s an Arizona Coyote fan. Here he holds a the state flag and a Sun Devil plushie.
49. Always go green for Notre Dame.
Though I’m not sure dressing like a gangster leprechaun at a disco is the way to go. Then again to each his own.
50. When it comes to Notre Dame, this guy’s all green.
He’s even wearing a green tuxedo shirt with Irish flag suspenders. While his hat has all kinds of pins.
51. You don’t want to see a leprechaun without his shirt.
Though he’s decked in green body paint, you can still see his tattoos. Hope he’s not drunk on whiskey.
52. A yellow war bonnet is always essential for an Oregon Ducks game.
For God’s sake why wear that? Oregon’s mascot is Donald Duck. Then again, the fan may be Native American. But even so, I don’t think Oregon Indians wore them.
53. Mr. Goldskull just came for the Baylor Bears.
If the Bears lose, he’ll curse the players so that they’ll lead lives of pain and misery should they go to the NFL. Also wears a matching golden chain.
54. This Duck isn’t having it.
That’s an Oregon Duck fan in a hockey mask. They also wear a gold and yellow cape.
55. This fan’s going to light things up at Oregon.
Well, he wears an Oregon hat lined with lights. While he’s got his face painted in green and yellow.
56. A Trojan sits down for a game at USC.
He even wears a Trojan helmet. Though I don’t think it’ll help him in the Southern California heat.
57. There are people of all stripes who go for the Baylor Bears.
These people are all wearing striped ref shirts with their team colors. One’s wearing a silly yellow wig.
58. Sesame Street is brought to you by the letters S and J for Saint Joseph University.
Well, we have Big Bird and Cookie Monster. By the way, St. Joseph is a Jesuit college in Philadelphia.
59. A Northwestern girl came down with a grave case of pom pom hair.
Oh, she has pom poms in her hair. Well, that’s school spirit for you.
60. I now give you, Basketball man.
He’s a Baylor fan wearing a basketball hat. I know it looks incredibly hilarious and ridiculous.
61. And now, let me introduce you to Wagonhead.
Since he’s wearing a Conestoga wagon on his head. Though to be fair, he’s from the University of Oklahoma.
62. Blue and white hair is all the rage at the University of North Carolina.
Why does she have a zipper on her head? Does she wear another face during the game?
63. Somebody’s really mad about basketball.
These fans from Florida University wear basketballs and nets on their heads. And all for their love of the Gators.
64. This tuxedo pig always knows how to stay classy.
This person is a Razorback fan from the University of Arkansas. And wears the hog hat to match.
65. Behold, the Notre Dame Light Irish Brigade.
Mostly because they have light green faces. One’s even totally green.
66. Apparently, someone came in dressed as Joe Boeheim.
He must be some guy at Syracuse. Though judging from the costume, he doesn’t seem to have great fashion sense.
67. Supermen always cheer for Oklahoma Sooners.
Though they wear red and white body paint for the school colors. One even wears a flamboyant red wig.
68. Introducing Pom Pom Man.
Since his outfit’s made from pom poms. Though he must be hot in Alabama.
69. You’d think this Notre Dame leprechaun is on weed.
Given he’s got a green wig and wears slanty sunglasses. Yeah, he’s totally high on something.
70. These 3 leprechauns always stick together.
Since they all have the same kind of hat and beards. While unlike other Irish, they drink Budweiser beer.
71. Michigan Stormtrooper stops by a Wolverines game.
Yet, don’t trust him with a T-shirt cannon. Because he won’t hit anything.
72. My, he must have really big hands.
This guy’s from University of Miami. Since his hands are green and orange on both sides.
73. Hope you can cover all with these Illinois fans.
They also have their faces painted orange and black. As their coveralls are striped.
74. Darth Vader is very disappointed with the Miami Hurricanes.
And if they don’t win, he’ll force choke the players. So they better get their act together.
75. This lucha guy is all in for the Arkansas Razorbacks.
He also wears a poncho. While his lady friend dons a cowboy hat.
76. What’s with the Husky face?
Well, he’s wearing a Husky mask and hat. And yes, he’s totally freaking me out right now.
77. These announcers don’t know what’s coming to them.
These are fans from Arizona State. One’s dressed as an eagle. One’s a unicorn. One’s a scary clown.
78. This Superman comes all the way from Kansas.
Though he’s just here to support his team. And unlike the one in the comics, his suit has shorts.
79. This Arizona State Sun Devil fan is all in the red.
Well, he wears a red spandex body suit. While he sports a flaming yellow wig on his head.
80. Goldy’s got a few friends at Minnesota.
The guys are in gopher costumes. Like they’re supporting Punxsutawney Phil on Groundhog Day.
81. These Georgia Tech fans can always form a yellow line.
One of them has a unicorn mask. While the rest have flaming yellow wigs.
82. Apparently, the Pharaoh is on Team Gonzaga.
Well, one has that Egyptian headdress on. Yet, I wonder if the college treats him like a king on the Nile.
83. Someone at Georgia knows the ways of the Force.
Then again, Sith use the red lightsaber. Yet, only 2 they are, no more, no less.
84. The green masked guy has to look smashing at the game.
His mask has an orange has a handle bar mustache. He also wears an orange tie and sunglasses.
85. These Seton Hall fans have gone a bit formal.
Seton Hall’s a Catholic university in New Jersey. While these guys are all in spandex tuxedo suits.
86. Well, here’s a Ram who’s not so Rowdy at Colorado State.
He seems rather tired. While his ram ears are quite plushy.
87. Sometimes you got to go with the pattern.
As you can see, his comes directly from his hat. And yes, he painted a complex cross on his face.
88. This Florida International Elf roots for the Golden Panthers.
Apparently, he’s spending football season in Miami instead of at the North Pole. Also, he should be roasting.
89. Perhaps one can spell out FIU on their midriffs.
These women have done just that. And they’re wearing bikini tops to show.
90. Hope you find these Northwestern fans interesting.
One’s a scary clown in a purple suit. The other wears half a mask and a purple cape.
91. At Boisie State, you can’t wear a sombrero without blue hair.
Wonder what he’s shouting in the stick he’s carrying. Still, at least the sombrero adds a colorful touch.
92. Wonder what’s gone through these Penn State players.
Okay, they’re fans. Yet, those faces in the football helmets seem rather silly to me.
93. One can’t wear too many necklaces for LSU.
Seems like he’s about to attend a Mardi Gras party afterwards. Even wears a purple jester hat.
94. You’ll be bound to find a piñata girl at Boise State.
But please don’t hit her with a stick. Because that counts as assault and battery. Also, you don’t want the candy she has inside her.
95. Didn’t know the Chick Fil-A cow roots for Alabama.
Given the CEO opposes LGBT rights, it makes a lot of sense. Still, funny how the cow wears a red cape.
96. This skeleton guy always supports his East Carolina Pirates.
Well, the skull face is mostly face paint. But he also wears a bandana and sunglasses to look cool.
97. You’d think this East Carolina gal is from the 17th century.
She’s clearly dressed up as a pirate. Even wears an eye patch with a jeweled skull and cross bones.
98. Elvis has come to Iowa.
Thought Elvis would be for Ole Miss or Tennessee. Oh, wait, he never went to college.
99. Even gophers like the Golden Gophers.
Okay, she’s wearing a gopher mask. Yet, don’t bet on her crawling into a hole in February.
100. Don’t mess with this South Carolina chicken.
He’s supposed to be a gamecock, said to be used in cockfighting. Also has his own superhero sidekick.
I thought that your blog was very interesting and funny! I think that college sports are better and more fun to watch than the pros. I feel that they actually try. Also, they actually have a student section which is always interesting like in the pictures above. Thank You for writing this blog about college sports for me to read.