Just as the 4th of July dies down over the weekend, the Furries descend onto Pittsburgh for their annual Furfest. Now given that it’s summer, you have to wonder how these people can wear these suits that can weigh as much as 70lbs. And unlike the Disney park costumes, I’m not sure if they contain fans. Nonetheless, these anthropomorphic cosplayers have been a source of endless fascination by many. Though some might resemble humanized versions of their animal, some can come in very bright colors. While some have a sort of mix-and-match critter thing going on. Anyway, for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of furry costumes.
- A fox should always show off its furs.
At least I think it’s a fox. Still, their fur has spots on the tail, upper chest, and ears.
2. My, what a handsome pair of horns.
Though I think they’re far from the savannah. Yet, they have hooves on their hands and feet.
3. Look, out someone’s green with envy.
This one is green with horns and a white mane. Also, has hooves on their feet. Kind of a mix between a dog and a satyr.
4. Nothing beats spikes, horns, and scales.
Despite that scales are usually seen on reptiles not mammals. Yet, you don’t want to go near this fantasy dog.
5. Guess this dog works for PennDOT.
Because they’re wearing a bright orange vest. And it seems to be writing a citation. Wait a minute.
6. Need a paw?
Someone’s willing to lend a hand. Though their ears are rather long.
7. Seems like you’ve run into a punk hyena.
This one has red fur on the mane along with some earrings in their ear. Reminds me of a stereotypical drug dealer.
8. Perhaps a skull helmet would suit you.
Well, this one has a skull helmet with horns on it. But it goes well with the stripes on their body.
9. A fuzzy neck can be absolutely fabulous.
Yet, I’m not sure the black neck fur goes well with the whole fursuit. But they don’t seem to care.
10. Blue back spikes must always match the fur on top.
And they seem to be on a beach in a palm tree location. So they must be roasting.
11. Sometimes a bright green stripe is all you need to stand out.
Well, they have more than one neon green stripe. But they seem quite a climber from what I see in this picture.
12. One dog can have a coat of many colors.
This one has some rainbow fur on their back. Though they’re sparkling and white up front.
13. We can all use a break now and then.
This dog has yellow and blue fur. But right now they seem very exhausted. Must be the summer heat.
14. Someone’s getting funky on the dance floor.
Well, they seem more like prancing than dancing. Still, they must be sweating inside that costume.
15. A shark tail can always make a dog look badass.
Sure it doesn’t go well with a dog. But neither do clothes or the color blue.
16. Didn’t know a blue dog could have wings.
Actually bats are the only mammals with wings as far as I know. However, don’t hug them.
17. This bunny just wants to listen to music by themselves.
At least I think they’re a bunny. Sometimes you can’t tell what animal these furries are supposed to be.
18. Never thought I’d see a green dog before.
Wonder what this dog would look in front of a green screen. Then again, you might not be able to see them.
19. This dog’s come well dressed.
Seems like they’re dressed for a job interview. Hopefully, it’s for a pet store.
20. Who says dogs can’t be badass?
And yes, they’re on a beach. Let’s hope it’s one in New England or Alaska. So they don’t succumb to heatstroke.
21. We all have our bad hair days.
Or bad fur days in this furry’s case. Nonetheless, this dog has spots and fuzzy paws.
22. Someone’s waiting at the door.
This leopard is dressed in regular street clothes. Hope they’re not inside an elevator.
23. Sometimes you better put your best tail forward.
This dog just wants to strike a pose. Yet, they’re doing no favors being in front of a car.
24. Bet you didn’t see a zebra in a hotel before.
This one has their front legs out on the balcony. Though I don’t think they have the best view.
25. This dog’s pants are totally ripped.
Yet, I wouldn’t recommend wearing ripped jeans. Especially if they came that way on the rack.
26. Bet you want to hang out with these cool cats.
On second thought, given the ferociousness of big cats, I’d rather not. They’ll eat me alive.
27. This blue and green dog is eager to meet you.
They even have a matching bandana around their neck. Yet, their nose and tongue are blue, which should cause some concern.
28. You have to be batty for pink fur.
You can see their wings. But I’m not sure if I’d run into a bat like them at night.
29. Want to get a load of this cool tiger?
This one even wears shiny shorts. Then again, I’m not sure what those pants are.
30. You can see this dog from a mile away.
Has 2 striped legs. One has black stripes. The other has yellow stripes.
31. Some dogs are just lone wolves.
So it’s best to leave them alone. Since they just want to mind their own business.
32. No one could be as adorable as this black and white cat.
Yes, they’re sitting in an adorable pose. And yes, they have pink eyes for extra cuteness.
33. Who can resist this eager purple dog?
Well, a lot of furries don’t dress in natural color animal costumes. Still, they have pink claws and purple tiger stripes.
34. Want to get a high five?
After all, kids will certainly go crazy over these costumed furries. Best be nice to them.
35. This dog lives for the ice and snow.
Well, at least they won’t be subject to heatstroke. Nor would they need a coat either.
36. This lion might want a bit of privacy.
At least according to how he stands. Though you have to admire that purple mane.
37. My, check the horns on this wolf.
Okay, that’s definitely a fantasy creature. And yes, they have hooves on their feet, too.
38. Hope you don’t get devoured by this colorful tiger.
This tiger is yellow with blue stripes. Wears a red bandana to round up the primary colors.
39. Bet you’ve never seen a bird this big before.
Apparently, this bird is quite fuzzy, too. However, I don’t see any feathers though.
40. Never thought I’d see a purple dog like this.
This one has big paws on their feet with bright blue claws. Wonder how they sit with that costume on.
41. Perhaps you might take a look at this majestic wolf.
This one’s wearing a ragged dress. Like she’s wandering a dark forest.
42. Even dragons must take a break once in awhile.
Sure they don’t seem like they’re the kind to burn King’s Landing. But piss them off and you’ll live to regret it.
43. This lynx just wants to say hello.
In case you don’t know, these fursuits can cost thousands of dollars. This is among the cheaper ones.
44. I don’t want to know what this lion will do to this gingerbread man.
Relax, the gingerbread man is a prop since it’s a plush. But the pose still makes you worry.
45. Want this doe to give you the time of day?
Well, this one just constitutes of a deer mask and a dress. Simple as that.
46. Your claws can never be too long.
Don’t worry, they’re plush like the rest of the costume. This critter just likes showing them off.
47. Care for a trip to the beach?
Whoever’s wearing this costume must be sweating balls. Might have a tiger-striped fish tail.
48. Perhaps you might like a couple of colorful tails.
One tail is black and bright blue. The other is rainbow. But both have dog faces.
49. Make sure the scarf matches the fur.
Yet, they look at the camera like it’s up in their shit. And want you to back off.
50. This beast seems to enjoy a nice gold goblet of wine.
Guess this chimera likes the finer things in life. Hope it doesn’t rain.
51. Someone is a bit husky.
Since this one is a husky dog, obviously. But unlike those in Alaska, they don’t pull a sled.
52. You’d call this a hipster bat.
Since they’re totally out of the mainstream. Their fur is even in neon colors.
53. Just a couple of wolves in each others arms.
Though their den is way nicer than a lot of wolf dens. Despite it still being messy.
54. Hope you can’t get enough yellow and blue fuzz.
Since they have yellow and blue fur. Not sure what that animal this is supposed to be.
55. Bright colors always make one stand out.
This dog is blue and orange. Wears a checked bandana and black rimmed glasses without lenses.
56. Someone’s really playing possum.
Even in bright blue and white, this furry possum’s quite ugly. Seems more like a neon rat.
57. This gray bunny only wants a hug.
Seems straight from an anime. Though they’re gray and spotted.
58. Perhaps you’d like a calico fox.
This one is in red, black, and white. And their back is quite elaborate don’t you think?
59. How about give this lion a hug?
The lion even has their own collar. Though lions aren’t known for being anywhere domestication material.
60. A colorful bat should spread their wings.
This one has vibrant green and yellow wings. Even matches with the bat ears.
61. No one could resist this striped cat.
This one has a couple of horns on top. Also has big anime eyes.
62. A dog much match their bandana.
This one has purple, pink, and blue fur. And they sit with their paws raised.
63. Get a look at these colorful paws.
Paw colors are black, purple, green, and blue. Their legs have blue and purple stripes.
64. Green and pink always make a fine combination.
This one has a green head along with pink and black lower paws. Seems like they’re ready for a speedskating race.
65. Ever heard of a punk panther?
This one is green with spikes. Has a jacket with plenty of badges.
66. This punk dog prefers to hang around.
This one has a leather vest, T-shirt, and a red collar. Even has a mohawk style, too.
67. Perhaps you’d flee from this infernal black beast.
Don’t worry, they’re just a furry. Has horns and hooves.
68. Could you see the bat behind the wings?
Seems like they’re wrapped in them. Wonder how they could sit down like that.
69. A leg can always use a few stars.
This one has rainbow stars. Also rainbow fur on the head.
70. This deer is what you’d call a real lumberjack.
Even carries a real ax along with jeans and a flannel shirt. Underneath, he wears suspenders and a bra.
71. I guess we found a real Playboy Bunny.
He’s a bunny wearing a suit. Also the photo is black and white like it’s the 1960s and he’s Don Draper.
72. This majestic fox carries quite an impression.
Mainly because they have antlers and blue in their fur. Also, their tail is quite long.
73. This dog rocks in the black and gold.
I’m sure it will help them get free drinks in Pittsburgh during Furfest. Though their costume is more white than anything.
74. Apparently, a creature can have 3 eyes.
The third eye is on top. Is also blue with spots all over their fur.
75. Blue and black make for a nice combination.
Contains white claws with black ears and paws. Wonder if they have a beaver tail.
76. Perhaps you’d want to hang out with this leopard.
Seems like they’re getting ready for the holidays. Though you wouldn’t want most cats to be near a tree.
77. This gray cat just wants to say hello.
They have big eyes to inspire people to cuddle them. Also, has big ears.
78. Get a load on this colorful tiger.
This one is mostly neon green and orange with yellow stripes. Won’t have much trouble seeing them in the dark.
79. Standing next to the genuine article.
This snow leopard resembles the picture on the restaurant. Sure, it’s not an exact likeness.
80. Bet you didn’t see a bear like this.
Almost blends in with the snow. Yet, you wouldn’t want to picnic near them.