Nobody’s perfect. And those who design all the stuff we look at and use are no exception. After all, we all make mistakes. But if you design something, people are going to notice. At best, it’ll be overlooked like it’s no big deal. At worst, it’ll be emblazoned all over the internet and you may be known as a “you had only one job” person. Actually that may not be the worst since that might depend on your profession. Though some of these pieces might include more than one terrible mistake. From bad architecture to bad ads, you’ll find design blunders all over the place. Sometimes it’s bad font, wording, and ad perception. Sometimes it’s something much more practical. So for your reading pleasure today, I’ll give you an assortment of epic design fails. So enjoy. Though some of these might not be safe for work for obvious reasons.
- To be fair, counting miles is pretty tricky.
No wonder running this trail feels longer than it should be. Still, there’s a difference between 4 and 5 miles.
2. I think you might mean jaguar.
Because jeopards don’t exist. Seriously, it’s not even a word. But little kids might not know that.
3. What do you mean I can’t smoke in this ashtray?
Don’t you know what an ashtray is for? If you don’t permit smoking, why do you have them?
4. Hunters Plaza is so heartless these days.
Okay, they’re raising money to help kids with childhood cancer. Couldn’t they just say so and not look like monsters?
5. The Econo Camper Mat makes for a great book surface.
Uh, aren’t you supposed to be lying on it? Better on an air mattress than the grass, I always say.
6. Even superheroes listen to their parents…oh wait.
If you’re familiar with superheroes, you can see why these don’t add up. For one, Batman saw his parents murdered. Second, both Superman’s dads died when he was young. And both seem to send him conflicting messages. Third, superheroes don’t have bed times.
7. Perhaps your little princess would like to sit in this Cinderella car seat.
Didn’t know one of Cinderella’s ancestors was a giraffe. Seriously, this is really freaky.
8. Apparently, the University of Texas doesn’t have a statistics department.
Because these bars on this graph are way too high. Seriously, doesn’t someone understand percentages?
9. Bleach Cereal is part of a complete breakfast.
Who the hell would buy this? Sure I don’t think it’s toxic, but you wouldn’t know by the packaging.
10. Okay, I think this Minion craze has gone too far.
Minion bikini? What the fuck? I know they’re really popular but a minion bikini just doesn’t look right.
11. Did someone just die in here?
Don’t worry, it’s just the carpet’s merely designed like a mass murder happened here. Still, I wonder how many 911 calls this place has inspired.
12. Why are those two guys banging a human centipede?
To be fair, they might just be horsing around. But the positioning of these guys gives me a far dirtier impression.
13. Almond milk or laundry detergent? You decide.
Because this almond milk bottle seems to resemble something you’d keep bleach in. Not sure if I’d take any. Oh wait, I wouldn’t.
14. We’re open 24/7 except when we’re not.
To be fair, they’re only closed late at night on weekends. So it’s a time that most people won’t be calling anyway.
15. At Thunder Bay, golf is a man’s sport.
Guess someone didn’t have the balls to tell the landscaper about this. Then again, you’d have to be nuts not to notice.
16. I’m sure your girlfriend will have quite the sensation once you hit the ‘Clit.’
It’s a forest recreation area with plenty of bush. Not far from the G-Spot Nature Reserve. You’ll have such a good time you’d want to come again. Oh, it’s supposed to be “The Cut?” Well, the font suggests otherwise.
17. So do you have a Jack or an Ace?
Sorry, but the Jack of Diamonds doesn’t look like it. Seems more like a diamond Ace to me.
18. Since when did couches have ball backs?
For when you don’t want your guests to stay long. Seriously, that can’t be comfortable.
19. I suppose Jeff Epstein and Roy Moore used to frequent this joint.
Okay, this has one more to do with bad text placement. 8-12 is supposed to be the time not the age range. But yes, it’s pretty disturbing.
20. That doesn’t look like 5 bananas.
In fact, there seems to be 6 bananas. Apparently, this children’s book illustrator couldn’t count.
21. Pool open for 9 days a week from 10 to 9:30.
Actually, it just repeats Friday and Saturday. Still, you’d think anyone would notice it.
22. Is this supposed to be soap or candy?
It’s supposed to be hand soap. But the label seems to suggest otherwise.
23. I don’t think you’d want to use this stall.
Since the door’s basically a trapezoid. So it doesn’t provide any adequate privacy.
24. I don’t think your belongings will be safe in these lockers.
Because they don’t seem to have any locks on them. So better keep your belongings on you in this place.
25. Apparently, Habitat for Humanity provides sniper lessons.
The van is supposed to say, “Practice your skills.” But given how van doors slide, you can see where the unfortunate message comes in.
26. Seems like the poop emoji recently got a makeover.
Yes, it’s supposed to be toothpaste. But no matter what the color scheme, a glop with a smiling face is always the poop emoji.
27. Please don’t season the birds.
Okay, it’s supposed to say don’t feed the birds. But the bird should be facing the other way.
28. Pencil’s got on Nikes but no pants.
Wonder why he’s not getting arrested for indecent exposure. Then again, he’ll have to sharpen his tip once he gets going.
29. Maybe you should just put “Jazz” not anything fancy in between.
Yeah, the shirt seems to say, “Jizz Addicts.” Coming soon to a club called The Golden Shower.
30. Didn’t know Paw Patrol was such a dark show. Though it was catered to toddlers.
Well, the box says, “Paw Concentration Camp.” Like, what the hell? I don’t think 2-year-olds are ready to learn about the Holocaust.
31. Before you erect a pay meter, make sure it’s capable with its environment.
Since I don’t think solar panels work in parking garages. Still, this place must be a popular place to park.
32. Looks like Ohio State’s not doing so good.
Okay, this is an alarm clock. But why would they put the time on the scoreboard, I have absolutely no idea. Couldn’t they just put the time on the time clock like they do in every game?
33. Excuse me, ma’am, but I think you might have a severe case of diarrhea.
Actually, she’s wearing a white dress with brown flowers. But it surely looks like she massively shit herself.
34. On second thought, maybe mirrored ceiling tiles in the bathroom was a bad idea.
I mean they obviously reflect the toilets in the stalls. Guess someone has no concept of privacy.
35. Jesus Christ, these people are monsters.
Okay, they actually support Child Abuse Prevention Month. But the last 2 words are in smaller type.
36. So how are you supposed to use the toilet if you can’t reach the toilet paper?
I mean the toilet paper should be near the toilet. Not near the sink. Yeah, I don’t know how this is supposed to work out.
37. How do you know how much water you have in this bottle.
I mean it should be at least translucent, not opaque. This doesn’t make any sense.
38. Didn’t know I could find Seven of Nine’s baby picture on a bus.
You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. Still, I didn’t think the Borg would get her this early.
39. Do you squirt?
It’s supposed to stand for Silent Quiet Un-Interrupted Reading Time. However, “squirt” also has a rather different connotation in the bathroom.
40. I don’t think whoever designed this knows how.
The words are divided into columns. Yet, given how we read, you can see how it doesn’t make sense.
41. Aaris is home to the Eiffel Tower.
Okay, it’s supposed to say Paris. But somehow, someone had the brilliant idea to put the Eiffel Tower on the P instead of the A.
42. These activewear Speedo pants will show off your, uh….big dick energy.
Actually that’s supposed to be a leg, not a penis. But looking at them from this angle makes you think otherwise.
43. You can now watch movies from the comfort of your home or car.
The scaling on this is incredibly bad. Also, you can’t put a couch in your car.
44. Want to take some mulled spice bleach?
Okay, it’s probably not bleach, but mouthwash. Still, despite its cinnamon flavor, I wouldn’t want to put that in my mouth.
45. Care for a Tex Cock Mextail?
It’s supposed to say “Tex Mex Cock Tails.” But given how we read, it doesn’t come out right.
46. I’d have to get a ladder to plug something in.
I don’t see anyone using this electrical outlet anytime soon. Since it’s in a very inconvenient location.
47. No, “stressed” spelled backwards isn’t “desserts.”
It’s actually “desserts.” But apparently, this person didn’t get the memo.
48. You don’t want to drink that. Seriously.
Because it’s radiator coolant. Why they thought it would be fine in a tall pop can container, I absolutely have no idea.
49. So how do you use this keypad?
Look, I understand what most of these buttons are supposed to do. But the commands on the right don’t match the colors and symbols. So something might mess you up.
50. I don’t think you should wear these flamingo pants.
No, it has nothing to do with whether they might make one’s but look big or fat. But the flamingos just don’t make your crotch look good.
51. Make your home great again with some white power accessories.
I understand white is to signify color. But “white power” is also a white supremacist chant. Doesn’t look good.
52. Is that where the speakers are supposed to be?
I don’t think speakers are supposed to go near the pedal and brakes. Seriously, why?
53. Soul-Feel – to remember that perfect voyeur moment.
It would be easier just to take a selfie. Why not, I have no idea.
54. Is this supposed to be a dentist’s office or an execution chamber?
Given how the standing figure appears to be holding a gun at the lying figure’s head, you’d think the latter. Still, it’s pretty crazy.
55. Seems like this upcoming basketball game’s going to be a real snoozer.
Better not watch this one. Will probably slog on for hours. Also, this announcement is from New Zealand.
56. Warning: incoming dancer coming down the stairs.
Yeah, you don’t want to be near someone silly walking. This is especially the case at the stairwell.
57. Seems like I found Hannibal Lecter’s favorite restaurant.
Best thank Jessica’s family for offering their bodies to nourish all the cannibalistic customers. Once again, word placement is the key.
58. In this year’s Christmas Bazaar and Craft Show, we’re fighting children with diabetes.
It should be “Fight Childhood Diabetes” fundraiser. Otherwise, it means that you’re beating the crap out of diabetic kids.
59. This urinal placement’s bound to create some awkward moments.
Because I don’t think guys want to pee that close to each other. Seriously, they don’t even design stalls so close together.
60. Don’t bother parking in this driveway.
Since it has power lines running down. So what’s the point having a driveway right there?
61. Don’t let your kids go down this playground slide.
For this slide doesn’t have any side rails. Also kind of resembles a very long tongue.
62. Apparently, whoever came up with this toenail file wasn’t consulted on product names.
Pedi File? Seriously, I understand what they’re trying to get at. But the name too closely resembles a term they use for a child molester.
63. He should remember not to dive in the shallow end.
Apparently, this giant is seconds away from being paralyzed. Probably not the smartest tool in the shed.
64. Wonder what kind of prick would pay for this pool.
Hope whoever owns this one doesn’t have any kids. Because I’m not sure if they’d have the balls to explain the shape to them.
65. I don’t think bathroom carpeting is a bright idea.
Considering that you’re bound to drip water quite often, you’re better off with tile. Seriously, why?
66. Well, I guess I’ll lose then.
After all, if you can’t win at Tic Tac Toe, you can keep the other person from winning. So I’ll call it a draw.
67. I just want to listen to the radio not shift gears.
A gear shift shouldn’t be a knob. Seriously, it just confuses people.
68. I don’t think the stairs can make it to this bedroom.
Seems like you have to make quite a step to get inside. Best you don’t sleepwalk. Parkour fans only.
69. Shouldn’t you not go under that ramp anyway?
From Bored Panda: “The Rails Should Prevent People From Hitting Their Head, But Instead They Trip Over Them. So Now, Traffic Cones.”
70. There, that should keep intruders away.
Apparently, someone didn’t get the memo on how anyone can just go around the gate. So it’s basically worthless.
71. How not to design a handicap parking spot.
Not sure how the wheelchair can get around the bumper and onto the ramp. Disabled access shouldn’t be this difficult.
72. When it comes to signs, spacing is important.
The letters are so close together that you can’t tell what it’s supposed to say. Other than it’s a bookshop.
73. So where is this vent supposed to go to?
Apparently, it’s screwed on a tile wall. So it doesn’t seem to lead anywhere.
74. So how do I get this thing out of the packaging?
Seems like these things can help you open stuff. But then they come encased in plastic impossible to rip open.
75. So how do I use this keypad if I want to warm up something?
Because the keypad on this microwave doesn’t have any numbers on it. Just pictures and that won’t help me or anyone else.
76. 50 lanes? Let’s merge them into 4.
Man, if you have to deal with traffic on your commute. Be happy you don’t drive on this road.
77. Apparently, I’m not sure if this is supposed to be a wheelchair.
Does this person have a large butt? Just jumping on a bouncy ball? What else?
78. If only there was an easier way to see who’s outside the door.
For God’s sake, there’s a window right there. Seriously, you don’t need a peep hole. The window’s good enough.
79. I think I’ll use the garden hose instead.
Since the fire extinguisher more or less resembles a flame thrower. Not a great indicator in the least.
80. Perhaps you’d want a couch like this in your house.
Oh my God, this is just incredibly ugly. Also, some of the upholstery may not be suitable for children.
81. When you have to take a shit at a public lecture.
“Hello, everyone, I’m here with you today to discuss our sales figures. But first, I have go to the John. I apologize if you have to watch me drop my pants.”
82. Remember that nothing is impossible.
Except you can’t see the first 2 letters. So you might find this rug rather pessimistic.
83. I don’t think this sends a great message to kids.
Actually, it’s an anti-smoking PSA. But given that it’s on a school bus, it seems like an ad encouraging kids to drop out of school. Still, kids, don’t quit school. It never ends well.
84. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the dumbest couple around.
Uh, I think the woman’s well past the first trimester since she’s obviously showing. Seriously, she doesn’t really need a pregnancy test by now.
85. Get ready for the Dublin Staff relay.
Since when do men wear a tie on their wrists? Because I’ve never seen guys doing any such thing.
86. If you don’t know the language and can’t get a translator. But you need to open right away.
That doesn’t seem like this business will do well. Wonder what’s going on with the translator.
87. Hope you don’t do your business at the beach.
It’s supposed to say “suit yourself.” But sometimes the typeface doesn’t do the phrase justice.
88. So what will you have for the wedding: chicken, beef, kids?
They should put the kids under the guest line. Not next to the menu. Bunch of sickos.
89. The slide goes 3 ways.
I don’t think a kid may want to slide down on that. Where they’ll land, no one knows.
90. Do you really need an iWatch that big?
This seems more suited for people that are about the size of as skyscraper. Maybe Godzilla or King Kong.
91. Lounge in your pool with this air mattress from Always.
In case it’s your time of the month, this float is extra absorbent. Seriously, why would anyone want to design a pool float that looks like a maxi pad? It’s just ridiculous.
92. How about joining the Cool Jizz Association?
Oh, it’s supposed to be the Cool Jazz Association. Still, I heard they’re streaming on Netflix. Bet you’re already bursting since holding it in. Since urine luck.
93. No, I wouldn’t know what accident to do.
This is supposed to convey “If you were in a car accident, what would you do?” But the font and size doesn’t seem to do justice.
94. Unfortunately, the memories don’t seem to last forever on this time.
Since the word, “memories” is faded. Because it doesn’t have the same color as the other words on here.
95. Welcome to the 9/11 Superstore.
This isn’t just an Indian Seven Eleven knock off convenience store. But also desecrates one of the worst days in American history like the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center.
96. Here is a touching tribute to JFK at this Memorial. Oh, wait.
For God’s sake, the guy was shot in the head during a motorcade in Dallas. While the corner is right near it. That can’t be good.
97. Music connects people.
Unfortunately, these silhouette couple realized the world won’t let them be together. So they decided to hang themselves on 2 eighth notes. So tragic.
98. Apparently, this school administration knows nothing about current pop culture trends.
For one, The Hunger Games is a trilogy. Secondly, it’s about teenagers who are forced to fight to the death by a repressive dystopic government. Apparently, the odds aren’t in their favor.
99. Feel free to hunt kiddies here with a shotgun.
Actually don’t. Since the sign wants people to drive slower since kids are around. Also, hunting is usually reserved for certain times of the year. But you can understand the misinterpretation.
100. Feel free to take suggestions that we’ll normally toss away anyway.
Because at this place, you’re opinion doesn’t really matter. So you better get used to it.