Around this time of year, people from across the country put on their yuletide duds to paint the town red and green for the SantaCon pub crawl. Now while its participants call it a time of revelry and fun, those in New York City particularly see it as a boozefest full of drunken brawling, vandalism, public urination and disorder. This has resulted in fierce community resistance save from those who make money off it as well as the disavowal of those who originated it. Though to be fair, plenty of fun events have devolved into an excuse for drunk partying like Cinco de Mayo and Saint Patrick’s Day. Hell, you can even say the same for Christmas and New Years, which in that case, had been filled with drunken incidents centuries before SantaCon was a thing. Anyway, a 2011 article from Gothamist called the Santa celebration an “annual drunken shitshow” that “has steadily devolved from cleverly subversive to barely tolerable to ‘time to lock yourself in your apartment for the day.’ ” And a 2017 report from the New York Daily News stated the event, “endures an annual backlash from New Yorkers repulsed by the sight of Santas vomiting or urinating in the street in years past.” Let’s just say Wikipedia has leaves a section of New York City incidents over SantaCon with many hilarious reports of this yuletide debauchery. This doesn’t mean we can’t get any fun out of it. For we totally can since you find plenty of creative costumes in their midst, which is where I come in. So for your reading pleasure, please enjoy these SantaCon-type costumes.
- Nothing makes winter like an enchanting snow globe.
Well, at least she has “North Pole” on the base. And she has a Santa coat and striped tights.
2. “Frag-gil-lee. Must be Italian.”
Yes, she’s dressed up as the infamous leg lamp from Christmas Story. Still, tights don’t provide adequate insulation in freezing weather.
3. Guess the birthday boy isn’t all too impressed.
Well, Christmas is supposedly Jesus’s birthday. Still, he doesn’t seem like he’s about to chase moneychangers at some temple anytime soon.
4. Perhaps you’d like a couple of gingerbread?
Though the outfits seem kind of short. Yet, both these women hold candy canes to match.
5. How about a Santa mascot for size?
Yes, it’s a cartoonish costume with an eye space at the hat. It’s also kind of creepy.
6. Tulle is always great for a costume Christmas tree.
Both of them also have lights on their trees as well as a star on their heads. Both women can surely stand out.
7. Watch out for this red suited gangster.
He has a candy cane and he’s not afraid to use it. Also, the suit is in pinstripes.
8. A Christmas tree dress will certainly stun.
This is a strapless dress with a skirt consisting of tinsel, snowflakes, and baubles. Not sure if anyone should wear it to SantaCon. But it’s surely stunning.
9. For once, Santa would just like to relax.
Guess this is what Santa would wear when he’s at some golf course in an exotic location. Let’s hope it’s not Mar-a-Lago.
10. Don’t look now, but I think there’s an Abominable Snowman creeping up on the candy cane guy.
You know the Abominable Snowman from the Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer special. And yes, I have a very bad feeling about this.
11. These Christmas presents tastefully wrap themselves.
Both wear tutus and shiny tops. And they even come with large gold tags.
12. What could Christmas ever be without the Grinch and Cindy Lou Who?
Though I don’t think the Grinch costume is incredibly flattering. But Cindy Lou is quite lovely.
13. Apparently, even reptilians enjoy the SantaCon celebrations.
One of them even wears shorts. Then there’s some Santas with white fros.
14. If you want to dress as a snow queen, there’s always a costume of Elsa.
Yes, I know so many girls want to be her for Halloween. But at Christmas, Elsa won’t be in high demand. So you can just let it go.
15. Sometimes with Christmas trees, less can be more.
Well, these two wear short green dresses. But they also include the stars, tinsel, and lights.
16. Don your red and green apparel for this year’s SanatCon.
This is a pretty original costume. She has green hair, a hula hoop, and an outlandish outfit. Is either an elf or a resident from Whoville.
17. Santa comes in riding on Rudolph.
I don’t know about you. But considering that Santa is overweight, he shouldn’t be riding on a moose, let alone a reindeer.
18. In this Santa getup, you can be a darling of the holiday pub crawl.
Yes, it’s a sexy Santa girl costume. Not sure if Mrs. Claus would wear this though.
19. Apparently, the Grinch decided to go casual.
Though a green T-shirt is better than makeup. Still, you have to like what they did to their dog.
20. Who thought that Santa could rock in a fedora.
Okay, maybe not. But he certainly seems like he’s straight from a rock group like ZZ Top.
21. Make sure your presents are carefully wrapped.
She’s wearing a dress of gift bows. The guy’s wearing a gift box with a giant bow.
22. This snowman costume can make SantaCon extra frosty.
Yes, it’s a sexy Frosty the Snowman costume. And yes, it comes with a short skirt that’s not good for freezing weather.
23. Perhaps you might want to be a rather saucy Mrs. Claus.
Comes with candy cane striped tights. Still, Mrs. Claus shouldn’t be sexy.
24. Toy soldiers come in all shapes and sizes.
Though the women have the high hats, the men have the fuzzy ones. But they’re all dressed in the traditional uniform.
25. Apparently, Santa has come out of his grave.
Of course, you’ll probably have an undead Santa among ranks. Mostly consists of a Santa suit with a zombie face.
26. If you can’t wrap, you can always gift bag.
Those must be pretty large gift bags. And you can even use tissue paper.
27. Santa Claus isn’t the only Christmas figure to don a long beard.
Yes, this is the Ghost of Christmas present from the Dickens story. So he’d be perfect for SantaCon.
28. My, he sure has a long candy cane.
Okay, I know this is quite risque. But SantaCon isn’t known for its wholesomeness anyway. In fact, it’s just the opposite.
29. You don’t need much to dress as a toy soldier.
They mostly used T-shirts to decorate here. Add the fake hair, mustache, and hat.
30. For a cold day, why not dress as a Christmas caroler?
Okay, this isn’t a conventional caroler costume. Mostly because it has a short skirt.
31. You can always let it snow in your little globe.
Well, that’s kind of cute. Like the “North Pole” base. Though a globe doesn’t really make tasks easier for this Santa’s little helper.
32. A reindeer should always come in a red skirt.
Well, a red tutu of tulle. She’s also wearing red antlers to match.
33. A Christmas tree always needs to sparkle with tinsel.
She’s even wearing presents as shoes. Still, she can’t shake off that shine.
34. Santa and his missus can always stand out in furry, white robes.
Okay, this is probably the Russian Dede Moroz and his wife. But both are in furs and wield long staffs.
35. You haven’t seen nothing from this super Santa.
Though I can’t see how Santa could be Superman. Because both men have totally different body types.
36. Ice queens always love it when it snows.
Well, I suppose they work for some winter park. But they have lovely blue hair and dresses to imitate ice.
37. You might want to bundle up in this candy cane coat.
Well, it’s a flashy candy cane coat and boots. But there’s barely anything in between.
38. Didn’t know Cindy Lou Who was dating Buddy the Elf.
Well, they’re not given age gaps and the different universes they live in. But these two are quite cute together.
39. You can always decorate your own tree dress for the holidays.
She’s wearing tinsel and baubles along with a star on top. Doesn’t light, but she’ll go on the post.
40. While Christmas as Santa Claus, Hanukah has it’s own chicken.
Not sure what the chicken has to do with this Jewish tradition. But I have an inkling suspicion this guy was made up.
41. These toy soldiers are always on duty.
Since they’re wearing pale green over their red pants. They also use candy canes as guns.
42. Of course, everyone could use some shade.
This is a rather clever leg lamp costume. Just need a black coat, stockings, and a lampshade hat.
43. It’s MC Santa time.
Yes, this is Santa as MC Hammer. Though note the other Santa with the chimney hat in the background.
44. Sometimes Santa enjoys delivering presents to those under the sea.
Actually, I don’t think he’s even in the water. But he has a Christmas tree in tow.
45. Wrapping paper can be an excellent substitute for fabric.
Technically, no. But since it’s Christmas, it’s best to let it slide since they’re dressed as presents.
46. Santa’s sleigh team is all assembled.
Well, these ladies are all in a sexy reindeer costume. Though to be fair, female reindeer do have antlers this time of year.
47. This Who girl always loves to dress in pink.
Though to be fair, Whos always have a unique style to them. You especially see this with women’s hairstyles.
48. When in doubt, you can always go to SantaCon in your pajamas.
So they actually have Christmas onesies for adults? Not sure if I’d even wear that.
49. To scare the kids, may I suggest a Krampus costume?
Even comes with a sack for the kiddies. Yes, this a really messed up outfit you can buy.
50. Don’t forget to wear your best stockings.
And I suppose this guy took it literally. Though he doesn’t necessarily make a bad stocking stuffer.
51. You can always shimmer in a pink Santa dress.
At least this one comes with tights. But you have to wear a coat with this on.
52. Hipster Santa will always give you what you want.
Don’t forget he puts roaches inside bad kids’ stockings. Because coal is just too mainstream.
53. Sometimes you get more with less on a Christmas tree dress.
Includes bows and baubles on the skirt along with gold tinsel. Comes with red transparent stockings.
54. Seems we have Rudolph pulling Santa’s sleigh.
Don’t worry, they’re just two friends playing around. Though the woman playing Rudolph must be freezing her butt off.
55. An oblong box is a perfect way to present yourself.
It’s a present costume, possibly consisting of mostly foam inside. Yet, it’s in red with a green ribbon.
56. Though you can easily make your own presents with a box.
These boxes just have wrapping paper, ribbons and tags. And they only cover their upper bodies.
57. You should always go all out as a Christmas tree.
He’s even wearing lights and tinsel. Though I hope he doesn’t step into mud since it would totally ruin it.
58. Let these Santas guide you on the 4 stages of life.
And yes, they seem to revolve around Santa Claus. Yet, you have to love their hats.
59. Seems like a couple of Na’vi are basking into the holiday cheer.
Too bad their blue paint costume hasn’t been relevant since 2009. Though James Cameron vows to make sequels.
60. Perhaps you’d like to dress as a couple of driedels.
Finally, a costume depicting an actual Hanukah symbol. But don’t try to spin these two.
61. These Santas just came from the deep.
Well, they’re diving helmets. Though you wonder if they can see through the windows.
62. The mighty Santathor will always be there to save Christmas.
And he comes wiht his hammer Mjingle to vanquish the Grinch stealing it. Wait a minute, Thor’s a Norse god, isn’t he?
63. Seems like everyone wants to follow that one reindeer.
Though one of these is Ralphie who just shot his eye out. Still, the Santa seems a bit sketchy.
64. You can always keep warm with a cup of Starbucks.
Well, she’s dressed as a Starbucks holiday cup. Guaranteed to infuriate conservatives and Fox News.
65. Christmas trees should always dress alike.
And all these ladies wear stars and bright green hair. Dresses are decorated with baubles and tinsel.
66. This soldier is a real nutcracker.
You can tell because she’s holding a bag of nuts. Though she seems quite pretty compared to the regular ones.
67. You can never have enough tulle for a Christmas tree costume.
Wonder how she sits down. Outfit even lights up. Lovely.
68. You could always go as an elf from Santa’s workshop.
Makes you wonder what the North Pole’s dress code is. Still, sexy elves belong in Lord of the Rings, not Christmas.
69. Seems like Santa has gone Steampunk.
So does he ride on a mechanical sleigh with automaton reindeer? Still, this is great.
70. If you like gingerbread, you might adore this dress.
Yes, I know it’s another sexy costume. But at least it has a candy cane blouse and tights.
71. Now this snowman looks really frosted.
Okay, that’s pretty creepy. Yet, it’s a great use of cotton stuffing.
72. Looks like that’s someone from Santa’s pit crew.
Well, someone has to repair Santa’s sleigh. And yes, that person’s wearing a mechanic’s suit.
73. Sorry, but on Christmas the guy has to wear the pink bunny suit.
Yes, this is A Christmas Story couple. And yes, the woman is a leg lamp. Still, the pink bunny costume cracks me up.
74. Looks like Santa Claus has gone evil.
And he wears horns and a long red robe with a hood. He’s even got a lady assistant with him.
75. These people wish you a merry Kiss-mas
Think of it as KISS dressed up in Santa suits. And you basically get this.
76. Seems like Jack Skellington is passing on his own Christmas cheer.
I have to admit this is just so cute in its own way. Just hope this little Santa doesn’t give away shrunken heads to the kids.
77. No, Ghost of Christmas Present, please don’t go open robe.
And yes, he has his dick in a box. Jesus Christ, this is just messed up.
78. You can always don a couple of advent calendars.
Well, that’s a rather simple idea for SantaCon. Very original to say the least.
79. Now you have a Santa in grayscale.
Because a grayscale always goes in a black and white photo. Though we live in a world of color.
80. Looks like Clark Griswold’s had trouble with the lights.
Yes, this is from the cover of Christmas Vacation. And yes, you can actually get electroshock if you’re not took careful.