Once again, Pittsburgh has paid host to world’s largest furry convention, Anthrocon. I know many people might see it as a strange fetish. And for many people it is. But as far as Pittsburgh is concerned, as long as these animal costumed fans spend their money for food and lodging. Also, they seem to be a hit with the kids as far as the news reports make it. Still, you have to wonder how they’d put up wearing an animal costume in scorching heat is the question. I mean they’d have to be roasting in these outfits. After all, many of the character costumes at Disney World are equipped with fans for obvious reasons, not the least that the resort is located in central Florida. But still, furry culture can seem quite weird as you see in the picture above. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another treasure trove of furry costumes.
- That bighorn yak sure wields an axe.
Though I almost thought it was a bat until I saw the horns. Still, he has a nice suit of armor.
2. Seems like we have a spiked deer in our midst.
Even has a necklace in his likeness. Must be a character from a book he’s read.
3. Bet you’ve never seen a blue dog before.
Yet, he seems to have brown hair on his head. Not sure how to explain that.
4. This blue dog has some fins and a tail to match.
Well, a lot of furries do consist of mix and match critters. This one has a shark fin and tail.
5. You might give a paw to this scruffy animal.
Not sure whether I’d say they’re a fox or a dog. Either way, they must be hot under that thing.
6. Long ears never go out of style.
Helps if you wear a shirt that matches your black and purple fur. Though that might be stretching it.
7. Blue fur is always great at the playground.
Doesn’t hurt if they can show of their long tail. Though what’s with the blue bandanna?
8. This white snow leopard just wants to say hello.
Well, she she surely has a nice coat and tail. Hope she can catch the escalator.
9. Teal and orange never go out of style.
Though I have to admit, the bandanna goes quite nicely. Still, there’s a lot about furries I don’t understand.
10. Seems like nobody expected a white wolf in the city.
Interesting how a lot of these furry costumes depict dogs. Yet, this one is almost all white for some reason.
11. Sometimes natural earth tones are best.
Well, he’s flexing his muscles to look like a tough guy. Not sure if it helps his case.
12. Who are you calling spotted?
This one has orange and black spots on their back. But they really seem quite the character.
13. Don’t mind this horned dog hanging out.
Yes, I know dogs don’t wear horns. But some of these furry costumes are simply fantastical. Also, are those hooves?
14. How about you greet this cool black cat?
Even has their own collar. But don’t worry, they won’t give you bad luck if they cross your path.
15. Anthrocon is always a great place to spread one’s wings.
This guy came dressed as a fuzzy dragon. Though why they have fur instead of scales, I have no idea.
16. Sometimes a wolf may feel content in their own skin.
Bet they’re just waiting for their pack to return. Or they’re just a lonely wolf tired of howling.
17. Might want to check out this kitty’s jet pack.
Well, the flames are mostly made from tissue paper. But the rest of it almost resembles a the real thing.
18. Now this guy is quite the tiger.
Though when they say, “Be a tiger,” they usually don’t mean it literally. But this is a pretty cool costume nonetheless.
19. You can always stand out in red stripes.
This guy even has a red nose to match. Though the fur composition is quite a combination.
20. But you can always use some blue now and then.
Seems to resemble a husky of some sort. Then again, there’s much about furries I don’t understand.
21. You dare not to mess with this horny bobcat.
Well, she has horns. But she’s also dressed as a fantasy character to let you know her animal originally existed in her imagination.
22. These dogs just want to keep things casual for now.
Well, at least their clothes make them seem less freaky. But yes, the furry thing is pretty weird.
23. Seems like someone has their paws out.
Though the fur pattern is quite intricate. But I’m sure it’s not meant for camouflage.
24. This panda bear has left the building.
Not every day you see a panda walking around. Hope he can get plenty of bamboo before he leaves town.
25. You can always wear a scarf with red and gold.
Well, this guy knows how to stand out in a crowd. Yet, I’m sure you’d freak out if you saw a dog like this.
26. Check out this cool dog in black with yellow stripes.
Almost thought this was a horse until I saw thedog nose. But pretty snazzy if you ask me.
27. This perky dog is eager for anything.
Well, she’s wearing a lovely top and jeans. But the bow is kind of bland.
28. Never thought I’d see a minotaur up close before.
Also, I’m more used to seeing a minotaur in a stone Cretan labyrinth. And I heard he’s not great around people outside his family.
29. Perhaps it’s best to leave that fox alone in the woods.
Funny how they’re wearing a leather jacket. Wonder where they got that from.
30. It would be a mistake to ignore these furry girls.
They’re also wearing dresses that come best with their fur. So sweet.
31. Get a load of this red dragon.
Doesn’t hurt he has spikes on his knees. Though I don’t see the practically. Then again, it’s just a costume.
32. Might want to take a look at this horned cat’s long tail.
Yes, mix and match critters is at play here. Still, wonder how this cat gets around dragging that thing.
33. You’ll certainly know it if you ran into this bright tiger.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this guy sells highlighters when not in his furry costume. Then again, he may wear it on the job.
34. This big horned sheep is all ready for battle.
Then again, this sheep might be some kind of sorcerer or something. But I know what they use those horns for.
35. That goat sure has long horns.
Well, at least this person dresses as a bipedal goat. But I’d sure wouldn’t want to be on the horns’ receiving end.
36. Never thought this snow leopard would whip their sword out.
Bet you wouldn’t want to mess with this furry badass. Else you may learn the hard way.
37. This wadling osprey is slow to take off the ground.
Kind of reminds me of a bird of prey I saw in a cartoon. Was it Fern Gully?
38. How about a jump onto a fluffy bed?
Because any dog likes a nice soft bed. Though a furry in this pose is kind of freaky.
39. This bunny always enjoys a colorful sweater.
Love the hoodie jacket. Very colorful with rainbow sleeves and pockets. That rabbit’s got style.
40. Get a load of this foxy selfie.
Kind of reminds you of the selfies you might see on online dating profiles. Though this girl is more of a vixen.
41. Want to play fetch?
Not sure to drive the point with a ball in your mouth. Seriously, this is just freaky.
42. Nobody could resist purple fur in the winter time.
What the hell is this dog wearing? Is that a swimsuit? Well, at least there’s a fur suit underneath.
43. No dog wants anything more than a large juicy piece of meat.
Well, a plush steak will do. After all, this green dog only plays a role during the furry convention.
44. How about a shirtless leopard pic?
Then again, you can probably get away with this. Looks more freaky but in a different way.
45. Seems like this dog can really strike a pose.
Costume seems like it’s modeled after a real dog. Australian cattle dog, perhaps? Nice fur though.
46. These deer antlers come with white tips.
Bet it’s a reindeer. Though this guy is most likely brown in the back.
47. This blue dog has a star in their hands.
Well, you have to like the blue fur. But as I have to say, furries are a weird bunch.
48. This guy looks a bit husky.
Though chances are you wouldn’t see him pulling a sled. Yet, it won’t stop him from trying.
49. Nothing makes fur fun like some blue designs.
You have to wonder why people dress in animal costumes. It just seems to defy all explanation for me.
50. With this fox, just act casual.
Well, just a fox head and some baggy clothes. What more can you want?
51. This Canadian cat has a pair of high horns.
And this guy has the maple leaf flag on their belt to show nationality. Not sure why the costume includes horns.
52. This bunny knows the way of the samurai.
This one has pants and armor to boot. Too bad he didn’t bring a katana. Bet the convention center has a weapons policy.
53. May I introduce you to Lemonade the Angel Dragon?
Yes, many of these furries have original characters to their costumes. I know it’s weird. But I don’t understand it either.
54. Seems like this vixen can be kinky at Christmas.
Here she is in a Santa dress and leather corset, boots, and gloves. Guess this is for a Christmas card.
55. This black and white dog is jumping for joy.
Well, this guy isn’t as flashy as some of the other dogs. But I hope they don’t hit the water.
56. This blue dog can’t help but show off their long spiky tail.
Also has some yellow spikes on their ears. Looks good in jeans and a shirt.
57. “How do you like my portrait?”
Well, it’s more of a stylized likeness. But it’s better than what I could’ve drawn.
58. Hope you run into this friendly grizzly in the park.
Don’t worry. He won’t steal your picnic basket. Oh, well, if he’s not hungry.
59. With these two dogs, it’s pure puppy love.
One is a green dog holding the bag. The other is a white dog with flowers in her ears and a scarf around her neck.
60. This tough deer is all leathered for action.
Though isn’t leather made from deer. Oh, wait, they make it from cows nowadays. Still, freaky.
61. This vixen steps out in a sexy dress.
Well, she might have a certain type of outfit. But she certainly looks quite fabulous in it, as far as some furries are concerned.
62. Someone has to be top dog around here.
Guess this is a German shepherd. Though you won’t find him sniffing around any time soon.
63. Sonny Pup can’t help himself sometimes.
He even has a nice collar. But outside a furry convention, you’d freak out if you run into him.
64. Cacti never wants to be hugged. So don’t.
You see how freaky this furry subculture can be? Yes, this guy is Cacti. Don’t ask me.
65. This white dog can’t leave without wearing her pink dress.
Okay, that’s kind of strange. I don’t know what to think of this. Seriously, she’s freaking me out.
66. A yellow goat has to carry a red fan.
I bet this guy fancies himself a samurai. Though it just seems a bit creepy to me.
67. It takes a lot to maintain long fur.
And I’m not sure how this person take care of their costume. But some might find it amazing.
68. Looks like this cat has an evil plan.
This guy seems like a character from something. I’m not sure where though.
69. This dark horse always uses the latest Mane and Tail.
And this horse poses for a picture like a model. Show off.
70. These two are just foxing around.
Yes, dance at the water fountain. Then tell me how it was like to fall into the water. Sucks, right?
71. Seems like this dog decided to go casual.
Well, when in doubt, casual is where to go. Though the fur costume makes it a bit more awkward.
72. A zebra always has to know how to dress.
Though the stripes and plaid kind of clash. Seriously, a zebra should just bare it all out.
73. Bet you’d never get a load of this pink dragon.
This costume consists of fur and scales. Like either would go together save on an armadillo.
74. You can always love a dog in bright yellow.
He also has bright green paws and a blue bandanna. Can see him from several miles away.
75. Now that is one funky rabbit.
The bunny even has their ears pierced. But your eyes would be sore looking at this one.
76. This blue feline always enjoys the winter.
Though they don’t seem to be perfectly camouflaged. Though the coat’s kind of cool.
77. Someone’s feeling batty today.
But at least this bat doesn’t suck blood or eat bugs. Also has a nice medal around neck.
78. Ever saw a rainbow dog before?
Neither have I. But you’d probably see a dog playing with a balloon.
79. Rainbow sleeves never go out of style.
Nor do they need to go with a shirt. Because we all need rainbows in our lives.
80. This griffin always wears their heart on their chest.
This one even has small wings to go with their white body. But they stand proud.