Now that the Christmas festivities are over, it’s now time for the Bowl season that takes place around New Years. Of course, almost every sport you can think of has a playoff. But NCAA Div. I college football does things a little differently. In fact, its playoff system only consist of 4 teams. How they’re selected I have no idea and I think it’s a very stupid system. Because the NCAA Div. I college system has it that a college football team can have an undefeated season but still not be championship eligible. Then there are the bowl games, many of which don’t really mean anything unless it pertains to the Rose Bowl or whatever other bowl game whether it be the Orange Bowl, Cotton Bowl, or the Sugar Bowl. It’s confusing. Anyway, if my dad had it his way, the Div. I college championship should consist of the top team of each conference in a playoff. And I have to agree on it. Because like the Electoral College, the BCS Bowl Series and Div. I college football championship system doesn’t make any damn sense. Whereas, March Madness certainly does. At any rate, since I did NFL food posts relating to the Super Bowl, so shall I do a treat post pertaining to college sports. But college football being what it is, I won’t limit myself to playoff teams. So for your reading pleasure, I give you an assortment of college sports treats. Most of these will be from Div. I naturally.
- Any fan of Ohio State would want a cake with Brutus.
Of course, he’s not the most intimidating mascot. But I’m sure OSU fans would enjoy this nonetheless.
2. If you’re for the Nittany Lions, then check out this cake of Beaver Stadium.
And I see it’s full in Happy Valley. Good luck getting tickets to Penn State this football season.
3. A lifelong Mountaineer would always appreciate a cake from WVU.
Yes, a cake of the WVU logo itself. Great for any couch burning party.
4. These Arizona State Sun Devil cookies must be obviously tempting.
Not sure why they’re called the Sun Devils? Oh, wait, it’s devilishly hot in Arizona.
5. Support your Noles with this Florida State cake.
This is for a birthday. But the logo is a perfect picture. I’m sure whoever gets this cake will love it.
6. Fans of Indiana will delight with this cake.
For some reason, Indiana University’s logo resembles the top of a trident. And I know that’s not a school that’s near any coastline.
7. These Syracuse Orange cookies will put a smile on your face.
To those who can’t wrap their heads around why a school in upstate New York has an orange for its mascot: Don’t ask me. I know it’s stupid. But I wasn’t consulted.
8. Baylor fans will fall in love with these cookies.
Sure Baylor may be a school in Texas. But at least their bear mascot makes sense to some extent. Founded before Texas was a state.
9. With this cake, Longhorn fans can just hook’ em.
Yes, Texans sure love their college football. And a cake like that illustrating this is no exception.
10. This Boston College cake surely makes the eagle soar.
You might not know this but Boston College is a Jesuit university. Secretary of State John Kerry is among its alumni.
11. For Thanksgiving, you might want to help yourself to some Michigan pumpkin pie.
Michigan University, that is. Let’s just say I ran into Michigan Christmas decorations when I was looking for Wolverine Christmas stuff for a Marvel post.
12. If your heart beats for the Crimson Tide, this cake is for you.
I guess this is for a nursing student from Alabama University. Because the elephant has a nurse hat and the heart monitor on the tier.
13. On this cake, Gators always beat Seminoles.
I guess this cake is from Florida University. Poor Seminole warrior didn’t have the chance.
14. Since everything’s bigger in Texas, check out this pizza from Texas A&M.
And when they say everything’s bigger there, they weren’t kidding. I guess this serves a party of 800.
15. For Louisville, this cake is a cardinal delight.
Since Louisville is home to the cardinals, right? And this one looks pretty mean.
16. These Georgia cookies surely go to the dogs.
After all, their mascot’s a bulldog. Wonder what occasion these cookies are for.
17. Auburn Tiger fans would always go for a cake like this.
What’s with the toilet paper tree? Do their students do this when the other team loses? I don’t understand it.
18. This Alabama cake came specially wrapped.
I’m sure this is for a birthday. Sure I know I’m showing a lot of bakery treats on here. But you have to go with what you have in this case.
19. In Texas, this Baylor cake is covered in chocolaty goodness.
I’m sure this is for a wedding. Yet, at least the bride and groom are black bears which is more what you’ll see in Texas.
20. I’m sure any fan of Mississippi State will go for these cookies.
However, we should understand that most people in Mississippi are fans of Ole’ Miss. By the way, their team mascot is also a bulldog.
21. On your dessert platter, you can always roll tide with these sugar cookies.
Yes, they’d sure be perfect for anyone at Alabama. Even the shoes and elephants.
22. You can always wow the field with this Michigan cake.
This one has the football field on the sides. Say what you want, but this is a clever design.
23. These Notre Dame cupcakes will bring you luck of the Fightin’ Irish.
These have the Notre Dame logo and shamrocks. Great for football season and Saint Patrick’s Day.
24. For Aggie fans, this Texas A&M cake will leave you with a lasting impression.
I suppose the tiger tail symbolizes them crushing Auburn. Guess they’re in the same conference.
25. These Penn State cookies will bring music to one’s ears.
I guess this is for someone in the marching band. Because the designs suggest this.
26. If you’re a fan of the University of Minnesota, then you’ll adore this cake of Goldie the Gopher.
Yes, I know Minnesota’s mascot is kind of a joke. But c’mon, gophers are persistent pests that are hard to get rid of. So yo shouldn’t underestimate them.
27. These Michigan cupcakes surely have the wolverine spirit.
Yet, they always refer to their colors as maize and blue. As if maize is a fancy name for yellow. Yeah, I know it’s ridiculous.
28. These Clemson cookies are surely delectable.
These consist of the C, paw prints, and bones. Yes, I know their mascot’s a tiger but that’s beside the point. Since Pitt beat them this year.
29. Any Wolverine fan would adore a cake of Michigan’s stadium.
Well, fans of Michigan Wolverines that is. Fans of the X-Men Wolverine, not so much.
30. Since Duke is known for their basketball team, I thought this cake was appropriate.
Well, at least a basketball court just consists of a sheet and nothing more. No stands needed here.
31. You can always show your WVU pride on chocolate chips with M&Ms.
Helps if they’re blue and gold for Mountaineers. Still, at least this one is certainly DIY.
32. If you don’t like the Sun Devils, this Arizona State cake is just the ticket.
This one even has plastic desert decorations on it. Perfect for those desert Wildcat fans.
33. If you’re a fan of George Southern, this eagle cake will suit your fancy.
There are also cookies that match. But they’re surely sold separately.
34. As you can see, this Notre Dame cake represents its school pride.
Though I’m sure the Irish might take offense with the Fightin’ Irish mascot. Still, it fits.
35. This Louisiana State bucket cake comes filled with iced shrimp and other crawdads.
After all, though LSU’s mascot is a tiger, Louisiana has a unique tradition with seafood. And this cake reflects that.
36. Fans of Tennessee might want to go with a checkered T.
Well, Tennessee University, that is which is home to the Volunteers. Though I don’t think orange and white is a good color scheme.
37. This Mississippi State cake comes in a unique basket weave.
I’m talking about the design here. And I’m sure this is for a wedding as far as I’m concerned.
38. Grace your Aggie dessert platter with these Texas A&M sugar cookies.
And I see they have a lot of cowboy and ranch stuff. After all, they’re an agricultural school.
39. These Nitany Lion cookies get 2 paws up.
Well, these have the Penn State logo and a paw print. But say what you want about Penn State, but at least they go with an original big cat mascot like the Nittany Lion. Even if it is another euphemism for cougar.
40. Any fan of Oregon would want a cake that goes to the ducks.
By that, I mean Oregon University. Like how the Oregon logo has wings though.
41. This Notre Dame cake will always give you golden Irish pride like no other.
Guess this must be one of the campus towers. And I see the angry leprechaun behind it.
42. These roaring cupcakes are brought to you from Clemson.
Still, I’m not sure if purple and orange go together. But I know they don’t look great on a tiger.
43. These Arkansas Razorback cookies are surely razor sharp in taste.
Yes, I know razorbacks are pigs. But pigs can be very nasty creatures, especially wild hogs. So I don’t chide Arkansas for their mascot.
44. This Michigan cake stadium screams blue and yellow.
Yes, it’s another Michigan stadium cake. But this one is in a different style than the last.
45. For healthier options, this Ohio State watermelon will satisfy.
I’ve found it surprisingly difficult in finding healthier college treats. This is about the best I can do.
46. If you’re a Horned Frog, you surely can’t resist this cake from TCU.
This even comes with TCU cupcakes. Though their mascot really doesn’t look like this purple frog. More like a dinosaur.
47. If you’re a fan of Oklahoma University, you might take to these cookies sooner.
You may also have to deal with constant references to the musical Oklahoma. But at least these Sooner cookies look delightful.
48. I’m sure a Texas fan will love this pyre cake.
This one is topped with an outhouse which I think is hysterical. Though it’s also disturbing since Texas has experienced a lot of wildfires lately.
49. Wolverine fans may delight in this Michigan cake.
This one has the Michigan logo in brilliant navy blue. I’m sure Wolverine fans would go blue for this as per their motto.
50. Any fan of Marshall could always enjoy a cake of Marco the Buffalo.
Their team is known as the Thundering Herd by the way. And the school was named after a Chief Supreme Court Justice. But you would remember Marshall from that one movie.
51. Go blue at your dessert platter with this Michigan cake.
Though the words “Go Blue” are in yellow. Or should I say maize as far as the fans are concerned.
52. This Notre Dame cake just has a simple shamrock touch.
Well, this one has a shamrock and the Notre Dame logo. But I’m sure Fightin’ Irish fans will love it.
53. Salute the Vols with this Tennessee fruit pizza.
This one salutes the Vols in fruit. And it’s one of the reasons why I included it on this post.
54. Fans of Nebraska might want a stadium cake like this.
Well, Nebraska is home of the Huskers which is an odd name for a team. But not surprising for a state known for agriculture.
55. These shamrock Notre Dame cookies come Fightin’ Irish approved.
Given the shamrock shape, they’re also great for Saint Patrick’s Day. Hey, I’m just being honest here.
56. These cupcakes come Nittany Lion approved.
Well, these consist of cupcakes with the Penn State logo and white pawprints. I’m sure they’ll eat these up at Happy Valley.
57. Of course, an Ohio State cake can always do with a few nuts.
Since that’s what buckeyes are, nuts. But these are probably made from icing.
58. A cake shows how one can be quite cavalier with Virginia football.
Since the University of Virginia’s team is the Cavaliers. Though the college was founded by Thomas Jefferson.
59. This Purdue cake comes in with the Boilermaker Special.
The Boilermaker Special is a train engine. And a damn good looking one at that.
60. Make your Nittany Lion party wonderful with these Penn State cake pops.
These include the Penn State flag, a football, pawprints, and the Nittany Lion head. All in all, great for the Happy Valley.
61. So is this a pig roast for Arkansas?
Actually it’s a Razorback cake that salutes Arkansas. But it’s surrounded by strawberries.
62. These covered Oreos will delight any Michigan Wolverine fan.
Each of them has the Michigan logo and 2 types of icing. Still, they look so tasty.
63. This Ohio State watermelon is a fruity delight.
Guess this is a fruit platter centerpiece. But it’s a nice carving.
64. At Texas Tech, the burgers are always made specially.
The burgers always have to have 2 T’s it seems. Yet, writing in ketchup is probably harder than it looks.
65. Don’t expect this Baylor Bear cake to be warm and fuzzy.
But I have to admire the decorator for this. Still, the bear still looks quite intimidating.
66. A WVU dessert platter should always have cookies of the state.
Helps that WVU is a treasured team in most of the state. And that it has the WVU logo.
67. Guess it’s Mardi Gras at LSU.
Then again, looking at this cake, you’d thin it is. But for all I know, it could be used for a wedding.
68. Nothing can top a party at Kansas State like this Wildcat cake.
Well, at least during football season anyway. Since it contains football motifs and there’s a stadium behind it.
69. This LSU cake is perfect for any true Tigers fan.
Helps that it’s in a fleur de lis since Louisiana has a lot of French traditions. Not sure about the tiger eye though.
70. Nobody could ever believe this Florida Gator cake.
It’s the kind of cake that looks like it wants to eat you. That’s what I’m going by with the face.