Of course, I couldn’t do some posts on Easter without leaving a key tradition: Easter eggs. Now while many believe that Easter eggs once traditionally celebrated as a symbol of fertility and rebirth, in Christianity, they symbolized Jesus’s empty tomb, which in its own twisted way is quite appropriate. However, many don’t know that dying and painting eggs is among one of the older Easter traditions. Most of the time they’re usually chicken eggs, mostly hard boiled. Yet, we also have eggs of plastic and chocolate as well. Of course, while many eggs may just have one color on them, others can be in rather elaborate designs. Then there are some that go on a whole different level such as depicting pop culture icons and such. In this post, you’ll see the many ways people decorate Easter eggs you might not be familiar with. So without further adieu, I shall present these to you.
1. Happy Easter from the wonderful world of Disney.
Of course, these are much better drawings than I could’ve ever done. Then again, I don’t remember the rabbits on top. Guess this person ran out of ideas.
2. “I see a red egg and I want it painted black/No colors any more, I want them to turn black.”
Seems like the Rolling Stones haven’t aged a bit. Then again, they were just as ugly as they are now. Still, hate to find an egg that resembles Keith Richards.
3. Since Easter’s a religious holiday, I couldn’t leave out eggs with Christian motifs.
Now the crucifixion one is about the goriest Easter egg I’ve ever seen so far. Then again, I can’t argue about that being appropriate.
4. Performing on the Easter stag with “Bennie and the Jets,” may I present to you Sir Elton John.
Now this is a perfect Easter egg of Elton John, costume and all with all those feathers like in his heyday during the 1970s. Of course, that will have to come to an end in the 1980s.
5. And everyone assumed that Paul was scrambled in the advent of the Abbey Road album.
I’ll be putting a few Beatles stuff in my post on Easter eggs. This is from the Abbey Road album, which was one of their last collaborations. Still, love it how they’re playing in a band on this one.
6. Celebrate your Easter with the magic of Stephen Spielberg with this E. T. egg.
Maybe that’s because an Indiana Jones Easter egg design would’ve had more difficulty. Still, as ugly as E. T. is you can’t really think he’s any less than adorable.
7. Get ready for one wild bachelor party in Vegas with this Easter egg tribute to The Hangover or the one which launched the careers of Bradley Cooper and Zach Galifianakis.
Oh, God, I’d hate to see what Bradley Cooper is about to do with Mike Tyson’s pet tiger, which is most likely illegally possessed since it’s an endangered species.
8. For those who like Peter Sellers and Henry Mancini music, here’s an Easter egg diorama from The Pink Panther movies.
Would’ve liked to seen an Easter egg rendering of Chief Inspector Dreyfus who later goes nuts. Still, I can only consider Peter Sellers as the one and only Inspector Clouseau and no one else.
9. For those in love with Japanese cuteness, here are some nice Easter eggs of Hello Kitty.
Sure they may not have ears but they may not have looked great with them anyway. Still, quite cute.
10. This Easter egg tribute of Barack Obama would certainly be commendable to any Egghead Commander and Chief.
Now that’s a great scene of the Oval Office. Also like how he has those two pens and the globe on his desk.
11. May these Batman Easter eggs make your Easter a rather dark night in Gotham, indeed.
Of course, presented here are Batman, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, the Joker, Harley Quinn, Two-Face, the Penguin, the Riddler, and Clayface. Wonder why they don’t have Robin, Batgirl, Bane, Dr. Strange, Poison Ivy, the Scarecrow, and Alfred.
12. For those who are fans of the National Audobon Society’s guide to North American Birds, then today’s your lucky day.
Almost look as if they do in the guidebook with their respective silhouettes. Of course, Audobon often killed birds so he could save them and paint them in his book better. And boy, his bird paintings are awesome.
13. “But I would not feel so all alone/Everybody must get poached.”
Yes, this is an Easter egg rendition of legendary American singer-songwriter Bob Dylan. Well, he wrote some of the best music ever which has influenced millions. But his singing is much to be desired.
14. Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has left the building.
Interestingly, Elvis Presley looked a lot like this during his Las Vegas years. Of course, this is what happens when you’ve been on too many drugs and peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
15. For you silent film buffs out there, this Easter egg Charlie Chaplin is particularly charming.
Of course, Chaplin was one of the most significant filmmakers in movie history who entertained countless audiences as the Tramp during the 1920s and early 1930s. Yet, he’d be kicked out of the country in the 1950s for his left wing political views.
16. For those who have boys, these superhero Easter eggs should be a real treat for a holiday with pastel colors.
Comprised here are Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, the Green Lantern, the Flash, Spiderman, Iron Man, the Incredible Hulk, and Captain America. Still, I wonder why Thor, Black Widow, and Nick Fury aren’t included.
17. For those into foul humor and toilet jokes, you can’t go wrong with these South Park Easter eggs here.
Now I’m sure the Kenny one is going to have horrible things done to it after the picture since he practically dies in a lot of episodes.
18. “He’s an egg ball wizard/There has to be a twist./An egg ball wizard’s got such a supple wrist.”
Of course, The Who known for their rock opera Tommy about a deaf, dumb, and blind pinball whiz. Still, I’m not sure what I’d say if any elementary age school kids ask about what happened to Keith Moon.
19. For those who like kicking ass reptiles from the sewers, you’d love these Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Easter eggs.
Of course, I wonder if anyone could remember that the turtles were named after Renaissance artists like Leonardo Da Vinci, Donatello, Michelangelo, and Raphael. Of course, in real life Leonardo was the inventor and technological genius of the 4. Oh, and that Leonardo and Michelangelo were both gay.
20. From “That’ll Be the Day” to the Day the Music Died, Buddy Holly and the Crickets were one of the best known 1950s rock n’ roll acts.
Man, it’s hard not to imagine what Buddy Holly’s career would’ve amounted to if he didn’t get on that plane with J. P. Richardson and Ritchie Valens that fateful day.
21. Since they’re so iconic with the black and white make up, rock and roll all night with these KISS Easter eggs and party every day.
I’m not really a KISS fan but I did put a KISS nutcracker ensemble for my nutcracker post back in 2013. This is a great Easter equivalent.
22. Not sure what to do with those Easter eggs, how about egg totem poles?
Now these may not look like real totem poles. But they’re quite intricate and I like them.
23. Tissue and construction paper make great flowers as well as Easter egg decorations.
Now these are quite pretty and so intricate that I suspect someone is either getting paid for it or has way too much time on their hands.
24. “I am the eggman, they are the eggmen/I am the walrus, goo goo goo joob”
So what if “I Am the Walrus” came out in the late 1960s and these are the Fab Four from 1964? I had to use those lines sometime.
25. Bring the magic of Oz to life with this Easter egg diorama of The Wizard of Oz.
Seems more likely to traumatize your friends than the real thing. Still not as good as Gone with the Wind even if the movie denigrated African Americans as happy slaves.
26. “It was twenty years ago today/Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play/They’ve been going in and out of style/But they’re guaranteed to raise a smile”
“So may I introduce to you/The act you’ve known for all these years/Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” Wait until they get to Billy Shears.
27. Leafs always make great decoration for Easter eggs if you want to go with a nature theme.
Yes, they’re pretty. But I wonder if they were still around after most of the leaves were already swept up during the fall.
28. For those who love Lego, you might love having these Lego heads on your Easter eggs.
Now these are just adorable. But only one of them is explicitly female. Yet, we can change that if we add hair to some of the others.
29. When it comes to flower decorations, you can’t go wrong with flowers.
Of course, these buttons may be of the same shape but the smaller ones not always of the same size and color.
30. For you Despicable Me fans, these minon Easter eggs are as easy as pie.
When it comes to Despicable Me, almost everyone remembers the minions and how cute they are. Still, I see a lot of them in a lot of artistic renditions because they’re an east craft subject.
31. Go underwater with these deep sea diving Easter eggs.
Well, I don’t mean literally of course. But I daresay these look quite adorable in scuba gear and flippers.
32. Defend the Imperial Empire with these Imperial Stormtrooper Easter eggs.
Cheer up, Rebels. Sure they may seem intimidating and kill Luke’s aunt and uncle. Yet, Imperial Stormtroopers are known for being notorious bad shots since they’re never seen hitting anything.
33. For those who loved WALL-E, you might love these EVE Easter eggs.
Well, the EVE we know from WALL-E is the one with the eyes and the plant sign on it. But still, quite cute.
34. For those repressed art students out there, you can always paint your Easter eggs by hand if you want to.
Now these are quite intricate and pretty. They also match the dish they’re on. Sure hate to see a small child break these.
35. When it comes to decorating Easter eggs, feel free to accessorize.
Now this person seems to spend more time decorating the eggs’ outfits than the actual eggs themselves.
36. Relive the Tim Burton magic with this Easter egg tribute to Alice in Wonderland.
Like The Wizard of Oz one, this also seems much creepier and likely to traumatize kids than the real thing. This is especially true with the Mad Hatter, the White Rabbit, as well as Tweedledee and Tweedledum.
37. Seems like one of their friends was taken from the egg carton and into the frying pan.
And it seems like they know one of them’s next in the skillet of horrors. Some of them are seen screaming.
38. Jam with the Jamaican reggae beat with Bob Marley.
Rarely do we have the traditions of pot and Easter merged in the same creation as an Easter egg version of Bob Marley.
39. For all you Scarface fans out there, say hello to my little friend!
Now no parent would certainly want their kid to find an Easter egg with Al Pacino’s face on it since most of his movies are rated R. Not to mention, they tend to be rather violent with sex, swearing, and substance abuse.
40. Hey, look, I found Waldo!
Then again, it’s pretty easy to find Waldo when he’s a decorated Easter egg and the others are quite plain so to speak.
41. For fans of the HBO series Game of Thrones, these Easter eggs are for you.
Of course, like everything by George R. R. Martin, they may only be as fun until they suffer a really horrible death like some peoples favorite Game of Thrones characters.
42. For those who grew up with Nintendo, you’d sure love these Super Mario Brothers Easter eggs.
Of course, we all know what these mushrooms do in the game. But watch out for the bullets.
43. Enjoy the magic of Hogwarts this Easter with these Harry Potter Easter eggs.
Now these include, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Snape, Voldemort, Dumbledore, Nagini, and the Golden Snitch. Of course, I’d also like to see ones of Luna, Hagrid, Neville, Malfoy, Sirius, Lupin, and Hedwig but you take what you can get I guess.
44. These Easter egg bees are as sweet as honey.
Now these may be simple in some respects. But they’re nevertheless adorable to say the least.
45. For those who love video games, I’m sure you can’t go wrong with Angry Birds.
Of course, the green pig is going to get it sooner or later since it’s surrounded by birds that really seem pissed off beyond all means.
46. Sometimes felt can be handy when it comes to Easter egg decorations.
Sure love spring flowers and I think these beautiful eggs have great designs on them. Once again, someone must have too much time on their hands.
47. Splash into the world of Amity Island in the summer with Jaws. But swim carefully.
Seems like this pipe cleaner lady doesn’t have long to live. Seriously, she shouldn’t be so stupid enough to swim in shark infested waters.
48. Celebrate this Easter with, “Purple Haze” with this Easter egg Jimi Hendrix.
Of course, he may be one of the greatest guitarists of all time and played the “Star Spangled Banner” at Woodstock. Unfortunately, he died young.
49. Now these lady bug Easter eggs will go well in anybody’s basket.
Now these are so adorable and quite concurrent with spring. Of course, some lady bugs are male, by the way.
50. Enjoy a good scare this Easter with these eggs depicting characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Sure The Nightmare Before Christmas may have absolutely nothing to do with Easter but that doesn’t mean you can’t make eggs from that film. Does it?
51. Now I daresay, this London Easter egg always knows how to retain a stiff upper lip.
Of course, it’s one of those royal guards you see at Buckingham Palace. So don’t try to make it crack beyond all means. Seriously, you don’t want to do that.
52. Sometimes it helps when you decorate your Easter eggs with string.
However, once Easter is over, these can be a pain in the ass to peel off. But they are quite colorful to get my drift.
53. Join Snoopy and the gang with this Easter egg tribute to Peanuts.
Seems weird that the cast seems like a bunch of coneheads as far as Easter egg tributes go. I mean their heads seemed quite round in the comics.
54. So, yes, you can do embroidery on your Easter eggs as these specimens show.
Of course, after Easter, these eggs would soon be a pain in the ass to peel off. I’ll say. Still, for the moment they’re quite pretty.
55. For you Trekkies out there, these Star Trek themed Easter eggs are for you.
Of course, they had a set of Easter eggs for the characters but the Red shirt ones all got broken. So the person decided to use logos and symbols instead.
56. Seems like someone lost their yolk.
And everybody is in a state of panic over it. Guess that somebody cracked it over the edge.
57. For you Pixar lovers out there, here are Easter eggs of the aliens from Toy Story.
Of course, we all know these aliens worship a massive claw in the vending machine they live in. I mean we’ve all seen the movies.
58. “She’s got eggs, she knows how to use them.”
Yes, that’s ZZ Top all right, which hail all the way from Texas. Of course, this person did a great job depicting the frontmen’s beards.
59. Catch em’ all this Easter season with these Pokemon egg designs.
Now these are quite adorable and intricate designs. Still, the scientifically accurate version on Laughing Squid has some disturbing implications.
60. When it comes to decorating Easter eggs, you can apply just about anything.
Now these are way beyond any artistic endeavor I could undergo with art supplies. These are just so beautiful to say the least.
Very nice eggs! I had no idea that people decorated them like celebrities. Keep them away from the children, right Megan?
Eggcellent! Love them. What a fantastic idea x
My fiance and I have been looking for Jimi Hendrix and Keith Moon figurines as cake toppers for our wedding and can’t find them anywhere! These are incredible! Eggcellent I should say. Might you consider taking on this task for us?