I may not take part in this on Easter since I live in the country, but for a long time in cities, it was a tradition for people to got to church on Easter Sunday before attending the annual Easter parade. And it was there where women donned their Easter bonnets which are technically hats. Of course, these can come in all shapes and sizes at times such as the simple straw with flowers and ribbons to basically the Easter equivalent of the Christmas sweater. And some of these bonnets can be as outrageous that you’d think they’re designed by Lady Gaga as well as not exclusively worn by women. Thus, you won’t see just ladies looking ridiculous and in some hats that may not have much to do with Easter or spring anyway. So without further adieu, here are some of the crazy, wild, Easter bonnets you may ever see.
1. Wake up this Easter with sunny side up for breakfast.
These two must be real egg heads going out in those hats. I wonder if they have one wearing a bacon hat.
2. This woman is bound to poke somebody’s eye out if she’s not careful.
Yeah, I can totally understand why the guy is wearing sunglasses for protection against the pointy sticks.
3. Another great motif for Easter bonnets are bird’s nests.
Now I wonder if any real birds try to lay eggs in it. Either that or make out with the bird depicted building it which is fake.
4. Forget Easter bonnets, check out this Easter headdress.
Someone must’ve had too much time on their hands to make this one. Either that, or she’s Lady Gaga’s costume designer judging by that flamboyant hat.
5. I dub this hat style, “laundry basket.”
And it seems that these people might be in need of a major neck massage after they’re done having these large flower laundry baskets on their heads all day.
6. For the Pixar fan, this hat depicting the house from Up might catch your fancy.
Basically an Easter bonnet made with a small doll house and some balloons. Still, I’m not sure if this has anything to do with Easter but I like it.
7. Now this seems like this gives “put a flower in your hair” a whole new meaning.
Man, I wonder how she managed to put that hat on without putting her hair in a bun first. However, I have doubts on whether it’ll survive intact when she takes it off.
8. I give you the hat of a 100 eyes.
In some way this hat is just as whimsical as much as it is creepy. Seriously, the basket is covered with eyes.
9. Now I say this woman’s Easter hat is houseplant couture.
You can say that her large hat almost matches the scenery. Of course, she sometimes has to occasionally water it .
10. Of course, sometimes Easter is the time of year when men get in touch with their feminine side.
And when it comes to metrosexuality, this guy is totally fabulous with his coiffure in flowers, chicks, eggs, butterflies, and wire fencing.
11. Now in accordance with spring, you can’t go wrong with a flower pot on your head.
I think the flowers are supposed to go on top of the pot, which has bunnies and grass. Seriously, it’s the kind of hat I’d see in a Dr. Seuss story.
12. Another great motif on Easter bonnets are beehives, like this one.
Hey, at least it’s not a real one because that would be bad. Still, the mutant bees are on the edges while the hive bees are much smaller.
13. For boys, a partial colored egg with paper machete makes a great Easter bonnet.
This boy is trying to smile for the camera but deep down he feels so self-conscious about the possibility of his fellow classmates beating him up in school.
14. Nothing makes a great Easter bonnet for a parade than one of a giant chicken or something.
What the hell is that bird? I know it can’t be a phoenix because it doesn’t have flames coming out of it. Seriously, that looks like some sort of cross between a swan and a chicken.
15. Now I call this one, “Tigger at Gitmo.”
I wonder what the animals in the Hundred Acre Wood will think when they discover that their bouncy friend is being held as an enemy combatant. Seriously, since what does this trama inducing look have to do with Easter?
16. For Easter, it’s always manly to wear a hat of pink bunny ears.
Even funnier is that this guy is the King of Sweden. Yes, may I proclaim that the King of Sweden is wearing a pink bunny hat for Easter.
17. Carrot Top, allow me to introduce you to Bo Carrot.
Well, at least she doesn’t have to worry about shopping for a snack. Still, this is pretty crazy if you think about it.
18. Then again, for a boy’s Easter bonnet, I suppose Angry Birds is much more appropriate.
Even better is that these Angry Birds are made from Easter eggs as far as I can tell. Seriously, this is a better than colored eggs. At least for boys.
19. Forget the Easter bonnet, how about a bunny cap?
Now this seems rather easy to make such as cardboard, cotton, and a cap. Not to mention, Little Jimmy is less likely to be beat up in school over it.
20. Nothing brings in the spirit of spring than an Easter bonnet of a watering can.
Now that watering can display is pretty. But I wonder if this girl is going to need a neck massage after the Easter parade though.
21. Now this one captures the essence of spring: butterflies, flowers, and a scorpion?
I’m not sure whether a scorpion belongs in a holiday that includes cute bunnies, chicks, flowers, colored eggs. But, hey, what do I know?
22. With Easter bonnets, the bigger the flowers the better.
Yet, I’m not sure if this gigantic rose is really improving things for now. Seriously, this reminds me of a Kentucky Derby hat for some reason.
23. For Easter, you can’t be the belle of the parade without a bonnet of shiny rainbow eggs.
I’m not sure if the eggs enhance the hat or not. Either way, at least if she wears it at night, it’ll certainly be quite reflective.
24. For egg hunts, paper machete egg bonnets are perfect for the kids.
However, this little girl doesn’t seem to think so. In fact, she seems to wonder whether she seems to resemble an alien from outer space in it.
25. When it comes to Easter bonnets, there’s no limit to how high you can go.
She should be lucky that most churches have rather high ceilings in their naves. But seriously, that’s a lot of flowers and eggs.
26. Of course, there’s no great Easter bonnet than one of a giant Creme egg.
Then again, I’m sure the egg doesn’t have any chocolate in it. But this little girl seems happy.
27. Of course, you can’t celebrate Easter without a garden hat.
Then again, if this didn’t have garden stuff on it, I would’ve mistaken it for some tribal headdress on some island in the Pacific.
28. Nothing says Easter like a bonnet with a couple of assault rifles on it?
Okay, I’m sure defending your right to shoot Bambi and all his wabbit fwiends is perfectly fine. But why do it on Easter on all holidays? Seriously, it’s a holiday to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus and new life, not untimely deaths on school campuses and 3rd world countries!
29. With blue ribbons and a pink basket, this guy is in his Easter best.
Sure he may look ridiculous but he so doesn’t care what the guys at the office think for now. Seriously, his little girl probably designed the hat in the first place.
30. Of course, it doesn’t always have to be the woman who wears the flowers.
Seems like he’s enjoying himself in his white, orange, and purple Easter lilies. Too bad real lilies don’t bloom until later in the spring or summer.
31. Of course, this girl will be the envy of the egg hunt with her hatching egg hat.
Of course, alongside the chick, there are smaller eggs in the egg as well. Which makes me beg the question.
32. Now this girl is lucky since she’s wearing the bonnet with the golden egg.
Now she may want to watch out for any fairy tale creatures who would do what it takes to obtain it. And then there will be a Maltese Falcon situation on their hands.
33. You can say this Easter bonnet can make anyone as pretty as a peacock.
Now that’s a lot of feathers under the brim. Wonder if she’s wearing a sombrero, which can explain a lot.
34. Make sure your Easter bonnet is all chicked out.
Now this woman seems to have it all yellowed out with daffodils and chickies. But I’m not sure if having a large chick on top is utterly cute or ridiculous.
35. Since chicks like to frolic, you always need a fence to contain them.
Yeah, but their space is limited since they’re blocked by a giant sky and cloud thing in the center. Of course, this boy is wondering, “Why do I have to wear this?”
36. While it’s mainly associated with Thanksgiving, I’m sure a cornucopia would make a fine Easter bonnet with some spring trimmings.
Now I’m sure this may be just as good for Thanksgiving since it seems more appropriate for fall than spring. But who am I to judge?
37. With Easter bonnets, it’s time to spring into action.
I don’t know about you, but I think all these springly decorations can be a bit excessive. The fake cemetery flower business must be booming this time a year.
38. For some Easter bonnets are a way to celebrate Easter. For others, a way to show off their Pez dispenser collection.
While Pez candies can be quite disgusting, we all better remember the containers for some reason. Also like the dangling toy rabbits around this guy’s hat.
39. Sometimes when an Easter bonnet isn’t enough, a stuffed duck has to have one, too.
And this duck even has some accessories like French fries, nail polish, and a couple of other things along with an enormous flower bonnet. But this girl seems happy.
40. Now you can’t have an Easter parade without some Easter basket bonnets on the streets, too.
Now this woman seems like a real basket case according to wearing a hat like that she doesn’t seem too thrilled with.
41. Be on the sunny side of Easter with this sunflower hat.
Man, that’s a huge sunflower. And with so many petals, too. Still, I’m sure sunflowers aren’t in season this time of year since they come later in the summer.
42. Seems like soccer is a big game between the chicks and bunnies this Easter.
Seems like they have bunnies and chicks the same size as well as a small human referee. So how does that happen?
43. Now it seems like these chicks are hatching in the egg cartons for some reason.
Now this is pretty crazy. I’m sure those chicks are mounted somehow. Also, I’m sure that eggs are only available at a dozen in stores.
44. Man, now that’s calling putting all your eggs in one basket, or hat for that matter.
Hope that none of those plastic eggs have candy in them or you know what the kiddies will do to that. Still, how does her head withstand so much stuff?
45. For the white and fluffy crowd, you might want your Easter Bonnet cloud to contain plastic grocery bags and white feathers.
Then again, those could be faulty airbags from some car company. Still, she seems like the perfect woman for the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
46. Seems like the chicks on this girl’s Easter bonnet are already hatching.
Oh, shit. She’s an Easter bonnet contest winner during the High Clere Castle Easter egg hunt? Seriously, why wasn’t there an Easter egg hunt episode of Downton Abbey then?
47. Want a bee in your Easter bonnet?
Now this bee may seem quite cute since it’s plush. However, you wouldn’t want to be stung by it mainly due to its size.
48. Now I call these women the “Orange Brigade.”
Now I’m sure these women’s towering hats probably put them as members of some kind of club, family, or cult.
49. When it comes to decorating your Easter bonnet, you can’t go wrong with Peeps.
I mean those inedible marshmallow sugar candies have to be used in some way since they’re utterly unfit for human consumption. Still, pretty amazing.
50. Now this girl’s hat is in the blue flower spirit of spring.
Let’s hope no graves were robbed of their flower arrangements during the making of this humongous flower hat. Seriously, these posies are fake, which I’ve seen all the time at the cemetery near where I live.
51. Bunny out of your hat or on top of it?
Of course, Ann Miller can have this kind of hat who was kind of the Lady Gaga of her day as far as fashions go. Then again, this style makes any of Lady Gaga’s Easter bonnets seem tame by comparison.
52. This hat gives, “Tiptoe Through the Tulips” a whole new meaning.
Yeah, I’m sure Tiny Tim didn’t mean that when he sang “Tiptoe Through the Tulips,” in that falsetto voice. Seriously, this is crazy.
53. I now bring you, the Carrot Tops.
Now I wonder how they get those carrots to stand up? Hope they’re not attracting some rabbits with those giant carrots because that would be bad.
54. Nothing says Easter like a bonnet depicting two rabbits in their outdoor bathroom near the farm.
I don’t know about you but I’m kind of freaked out that I can’t see this person’s head for some reason. Probably the fact that the person is alive.
55. Nothing makes a better Easter bonnet than a bunny in a flower pot.
Now this is interesting. Still, I wonder what kind of neck strain this bonnet may cause after wearing it for a few hours.
56. And out of this hat grows an Easter egg tree.
The tree from this hat seems like it comes straight out of a Dr. Seuss story. Still, quite original if you ask me.
57. A big bouquet for your yellow watering can?
Now I wonder how does she wear this hat without straining her neck with all the weight of those plastic flowers I’ve seen in a cemetery.
58. Nothing like an Easter bonnet consisting of a basket tied to your head.
Now isn’t that a bit lopsided in terms of weight distribution? Seriously, it looks ridiculous! Still, at least she has a place to receive tips.
59. Sometimes it’s not just the women who go all out with flowers.
Behold, the Aztec God Xochipilli the Flower Prince in his Easter Sunday best. Why he wears his flower headdress during a Christian holiday, I’ll never know.
60. Nothing makes an Easter bonnet like one of a giant ant at a picnic.
Now this is perhaps one of the few Easter bonnets on this post that may be truly terrifying. Also what the hell do giant ants have to do with Easter for God’s sake?
61. Of course, you can’t celebrate the Easter season without including candy.
Now this must be a huge undertaking, especially when it comes to including Hershey’s and Crunch on this.
62. Now these guys want to look their best for the Easter parade in their prettiest hats.
And all these manly men seem to love how their hats go with their overalls, save perhaps one.
63. When it comes to Easter bonnets, you can’t have too many flowers.
Now this is Xochiquetzal the Aztec Goddess of love and flowers. Unfortunately, she’s not as nice as her male counterpart and demands a sacrifice every 8 years.
64. Don’t look now, but I think I see these weird green hat ladies here.
Now while these hats may reflect an early spring, the color scheme is much to be desired. Seriously, they seem rather dull in color as well as make the wearers look ridiculous for some reason.
65. Now there’s nothing better than a rabbit proof fence on your straw Easter bonnet.
I’ve seen better. Seriously, if that rabbit were real, it would totally jump it. Then again, you have the aesthetics to consider.
66. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the Easter bonnet.
I don’t know about you but this seems like a creepy old lady’s hat than an Easter bonnet. At least to me.
67. When it comes to pussy willow flowers you can never go overboard.
Okay, this is quite extravagant. Flowers are probably fake but they seem to have eggs hanging on them.
68. Nothing says Easter than having a crown with a giant chick.
Now that guy better be quite strong since that chick sure looks monstrously heavy for some reason.
69. For Easter bonnet decorations, jelly beans do quite well.
Of course, these candies taste really disgusting that you might as well put them to better use.
70. Now this lady seems to have left all her Easter eggs hanging.
Now I wonder how she could wear this hat and see. I mean those plastic eggs seem to obscure her eyes.
71. Whether you’re in the Easter parade or Kabuki Theater, this bonnet is for you.
Of course, if you’re unfamiliar with Japanese theater, despite the extravagant costumes, we should be aware that all the actors involved are guys, even as the leading ladies.
72. Of course, no one can have a hat with rabbit ears as tall as this girl.
Now those are long rabbit ears. Must hear a lot noises from miles away such as a bear shitting in the woods.
73. Seems like this beehive basket needs some flowers.
Now this might have unfortunate implications if those were real flowers and the bees were alive. Imagine the sting marks on this woman.
74. You can’t do better on Easter than have your ducks all in a row.
Of course, I wonder how this guy managed to get smaller and smaller ducks. It’s like a rubber ducky nesting doll.
75. Now these flowers on this hat make you wonder if she paid a visit to the Mad Hatter.
Now these flowers seem like they’re from out of this world. Oh, yes, I forget they’re plastic and probably made for cemeteries.
76. With flowers and butterflies, you can’t do much better.
If these were real, they’d certainly be overdoing it on the Miracle Gro. Still, you have to hand it to the person who designed this.
77. Nothing makes an Easter bonnet work like one depicting a bunny and a chicken?
I bet you that chicken is probably taxidermy. I mean it almost looks quite real if you ask me.
78. When it comes to Easter bonnets, some couples feel the need to match.
And it seems no different for the king and queen of the Tropicana pineapple kingdom they rule together (okay, this is just a joke but please their hats are outrageous).
79. Nothing makes a great Easter bonnet than one of a hatching chick from its egg.
I don’t know about you but I think this chick’s wings are away out of proportion to its body. Just saying.
80. Easter Bunny Bot would like to wish everyone a very Happy Easter.
Now I don’t know about you but it seems the Easter Bunny Bot is either the Easter Bunny’s robotic assistant or from a different planet entirely.