As the Coronavirus ravages the world and leads to mass cancellations of aspects related to our social lives, we must try our best to get by. In fact, just the other day at Target I saw Saint Patrick’s Day decorations on discount and it’s not even Saint Patrick’s Day. Also, there was practically no toilet paper, hand sanitizer, or rubbing alcohol. Anyway, given that I do these posts at home on my laptop, I don’t have any excuse to slack off on my Easter posts. So it’s perfect for my favorite kind of Easter post, peep dioramas. In these, people take these inedible sugar coated marshmallow candies and put them into little scenes to amuse us. And yes, they contests for it every Easter, too. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another treasury of peep dioramas. Enjoy.
- Every year, peepguins march to breed in Antarctica.
This is from a hit documentary from March of the Peepguins. Narrated by Morgan Peepman.
2. “Can you tell me how to get?/How to get to Sesame Peep?”
Features Big Bird and Oscar made out of peeps. Rest in peace, Carol Spiney.
3. People of Wisconsin love their Green Bay Peepers.
Okay, they love their Packers. But you have to love this diorama featuring them against the Minnesota Vikings.
4. “I know you/I learned of you once upon a peep.”
This is from Sleeping Beauty. And yes, even the bed is made out of peeps.
5. “If the glove don’t fit, you must acquit.”
This is a peep parody of the O.J. Simpson trial. And despite his acquittal, he totally did it.
6. Here the bunny goes up for the dive.
Funny how the diver’s wearing a duck inner tube and has googly eyes. Yeah, I don’t think they knew what they signed up for.
7. How about the night with the Peepharmonic?
You can see how each of them has paper instruments. Love the snazzy bowties on the bunnies.
8. Someone’s been voted off the island.
This is a peep parody of Survivor. And yes, they’re all bunnies here. Seems better than the real thing.
9. Bravo’s latest show is The Real Peepwives of Dupont Circle.
They’re making fun of The Real Housewives who are actually socialites. Still, this is very amusing. Love how that one bunny’s sporting a pearl necklace.
10. “One peep more. One more peep…”
Yes, this is another Les Miserables peep diorama. But this one is purely epic in scale.
11. All peeps must come in pairs.
This is a peep diorama of Noah’s Ark. Better get in before the flood destroys everything.
12. These peeps go under the sea.
Here you see some bunnies in scuba gear. Hope a shark doesn’t get them.
13. Even peeps must bare it all once in awhile.
This is an art class. Hope the chick doesn’t feel uncomfortable among bunnies.
14. “I bring you the iPeep 2.”
This is an Apple peep parody. You can see Steve Jobs on stage.
15. You don’t want to see what’s at this peep show.
Of course, this is what peep shows mostly mean (save for the chick in a scanty bikini). Still, this is pretty hilarious.\
16. Looks like there’s a human contest going on.
Okay, this is kind of freaky. Still, love the headline display. So funny.
17. Someone’s finished the Iditarod Sled Peep Race.
Love how the yellow bunnies are harnessed to the sled. Wonder if they won.
18. Wonder what’s going on in this yard.
Think this might be based on a famous photograph. Nonetheless, the neighbors will certainly talk about the brightly colored toilets laying about in the front lawn.
19. Left sharks steals the spotlight.
Yes, Katie Perry’s Super Bowl halftime show is truly bizarre. Yet, everyone appeared to love Left Shark for some reason.
20. Here’s a look at James Peep through the decades.
It’s James Bond with Peeps. Here’s all the bunnies who played him. Hate to be Daniel Craig.
21. “No more wire hangers!”
This is a peep parody of Mommie Dearest. It portrays Joan Crawford as an abusive mother.
22. “I am the Peepax, I speak for the peeps.”
Yes, I’ve done The Lorax before. But this one features more fuzzy Truffula trees.
23. American Gothpeep captures the American spirit.
Yes, I put a similar one on a post in years past. But this is quite amusing. Love it.
24. Chinatown celebrates Chinese New Year.
As the chicks parade with their own Chinese dragon. And yes, it’s sensational. From 2012.
25. Just another day at the beauty shop.
You can see how the bunnies sport elaborate hairdos. Even has a shampoo section.
26. “Robin, to the peepmobile!”
And yes, Batman and Robin are chicks. Still, you have to love their outfits and the peep signal.
27. Katpeep appears alone in the Hunger Peeps.
Here she runs into Peepta. Yeah, you didn’t see him coming.
28. Joseph has a rather fancy coat.
This is from Joseph and His Technicolor Dream Coat. Might depict one of his dreams that he tells his jealous brothers.
29. “Did you hear anything in the woods?”
Even the trees and bushes have eyes in this camp fire scene. More hilarious than eerie. Since this is a peep diorama we’re talking about.
30. These peeps take great pains to erect the Moai of Peepster Island.
Are those bunnies zombies? Nonetheless, you have to love the Moai bunny statues. So clever.
31. It all ends at Appotpeepdox.
It’s a peep takeoff of Appomattox courthouse. Here we see Robert E. Lee surrender to General Ulysses S. Grant.
32. Abupeep is a horrid place.
This is based on a prison called Abu Gharib that was best known for abusing and torturing prisoners in Iraq. Or was it Afghanistan? I’m not sure which. But you have to admire the simplicity.
33. Want to know where the wild peeps are?
This one mostly conforms to the illustrations in the Maurice Sendak book. And no, I didn’t see the movie.
34. Want to see a dissection?
Another take off of The Anatomy Lesson. And no, the bunny didn’t donate their body to science.
35. How about a day at the planetarium?
This one has chicks and bunnies looking up at the constellations. In Pittsburgh, you basically have the IMAX to accomplish that.
36. Rest in peace, Pinkie Sugar.
This is a funeral home scene. And here the dead bunny’s widow weeps behind a veil.
37. “If you build it, they will come.”
This is a parody of Field of Dreams. And yes, those bunny baseball players are ghosts.
38. Oh, no, the economy’s crashing!
This must’ve parodied the 2008 financial meltdown. And with this coronavirus, we might be headed to another recession.
39. Halloween is always a spectacular time.
You can see plenty of bunnies and chicks in their costumes. While ghosts fly over the houses.
40. We couldn’t accomplish space flight without our hidden peeps.
This is a takeoff of Hidden Figures. Thankfully, they’ve received plenty of recognition since then.
41. Hippeeps always want to return to nature.
Well, they surely got that Colorado Rocky Mountain High. And they’re sitting around the camp fire. Like in that John Denver song.
42. Want to take to the slopes?
Okay, it’s quite late for that. Yet, you have to love the little bird house cabins.
43. Anyone want to deal?
It’s parodying the famous Dogs Playing Poker painting. Not an artistic masterpiece compared to Michelangelo. But amusing.
44. Who knew that peeps could sail?
Here they are manning a sail boat. All bunnies wear orange life jackets.
45. Quint’s having a very bad day.
Yes, that’s the scene where the shark eats him. Well, he was kind of an asshole anyway.
46. Must be something going on at Dunder Mifflin.
This is from a famous Office episode. You can see Dwight on the boxes. Funny.
47. “Tale as old as time/Song as old as rhyme/Beauty and the Peep.”
Both bunnies are dressed in felt. Love the scenery, which is from the original movie.
48. Talk about a divided America.
One side has MAGAts at an event that will live in infamy. The other side has those from the Women’s March. And you can see, the Women’s March had way more people attending than the Trump inauguration.
49. Congratulations to the Peep class of 2009.
These are peeps graduating high school. And boy, will they have to deal with problems you wouldn’t believe.
50. “It was the beauty that killed the beast.”
This is straight from King Kong. Just as planes are about to kill him.
Your annual peep post never disappoints! Very creative and cute!