Balloons often serve as trappings at parties and celebrations. While the rubber balloon was invented by Michael Faraday during experiments with various gases, some of the earliest of these were made out of dried animal bladders like a pig’s. Aside from rubber, modern balloons can be made of latex, polychloroprene, or nylon as well as come in a variety of different colors. Most of the time, we use balloons for decorations and entertainment. Though others can be used for practical purposes like meteorology, medical treatment, military defense, or transportation. Yet, I kind of covered the transportation part in a post last year on hot air balloons. Anyway, when you go to a party, you might be familiar with the idea of balloon animals like you see above. Well, do a Google search on balloon sculpture and you’ll find plenty of things people have made with balloons. Some of them for contests. Still, some might be of the simple balloon dog kind, there are plenty that can be rather elaborate. So for your reading pleasure, I bring you a treasure trove of stunning balloon sculptures.
- Clowns must always come stacked together.
Clowns have been long associated with balloons. Still, if you add one more, the whole thing can topple.
2. Mr. Potato Head always likes to party.
Though if he gets too drunk he might lose some of his facial features. Or arms or legs, possibly.
3. The mighty griffin always sits with grace.
You can tell because it has a tail and paws. Real eagles have claws and tail feathers.
4. Care to listen to this juke box?
Well, you won’t be hearing tunes from this one. But it’s great for a 1950s theme party.
5. This balloon girl has bouncing pigtails.
She even wears a pink dress with a flower on it. So adorable.
6. You’d revel over this inflatable grand piano.
Though be careful if you opt to touch it. Because it can easily pop. Also, don’t try to play it.
7. Hugging bears always enjoy a balloon ride.
Though they’re on a raft instead of a basket. Love the rainbow hot air balloon though.
8. Better to have a blue bird in your hand than 2 in a bush.
This is by a balloon artist as you can see. And I think it’s bigger than the real thing.
9. A rainbow can always make your days better.
This one has a rainbow in the clouds. Tubes for colors. round ones for clouds.
10. Want to swing together?
Seems like these 2 were made for each other. Though I have no idea what’s on the guy’s head.
11. A fairy princess is always happy with her flowers.
She carries a wand and wears a crown. While the flowers surround her. So adorable.
12. The doctor will see you now.
Well, these are doctor balloons. One of them has a surgeon’s cap and mask.
13. A single balloon is not enough to reach enlightenment.
Yes, this is a Buddha balloon sculpture. And I’m sure some Buddhists won’t be pleased.
14. Check out her new pink purse.
She wears a long green dress with polka dot balloons at the bottom. And yes, she’s ready to party.
15. Someone must’ve upset the earthen vessel.
This is a balloon water scene. Has rocks and trees joined at the top.
16. Saddle up on this little horsey.
On second thought, better not. Because it’ll go pop if you sit on it.
17. A butterfly always loves a flowery tree.
Seems like it was made for a party. While the butterfly is so colorful and shiny.
18. “I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one.”
However, I don’t think you can save the world in a suit made out of inflated rubber. But it’s a nice resemblance that will make Tony Stark proud.
19. Wouldn’t you love to be in this gingerbread house?
Hey, at least you won’t eat anything from it. Great for any Christmas party. So charming.
20. Perhaps you’d want a shiny rose bouquet.
Contains pink and purple roses. Perfect for any table.
21. Grace your party with an inflated peacock.
Comes with 3 lilies. Though best not to touch it or it will deflate.
22. Any child would enjoy a balloon Big Bird.
Wonder if they had this at Carol Spiney’s retirement party. Still, this is so cute.
23. Perhaps you might want to drive this semi.
Yes, this is a balloon semi truck. I’m sure who had to blow into this is all tuckered out already. Okay, they probably used an air pump, but still.
24. Nobody could resist a cupcake like this.
Even has sprinkles on it. Wonder how you inflate them.
25. Hope you can see with these glasses.
Comes on its own stand. Though it doesn’t have any lenses.
26. Now you, too can ride upon a purple horse.
Okay, you can ride on a balloon horse. Even has a long flowing mane, too.
27. Bet you didn’t think to see a rooster like this at the crack of dawn.
Sure he may not crow, but that might be a bonus. Comes with a couple of flowers.
28. Parisians would marvel at this balloon Eiffel Tower.
This one even lights up. Didn’t know a balloon display can do that.
29. Hope you don’t get karate chopped by this guy.
Yes, that’s a balloon karate guy. And he’s ready to deflate anyone who stands in his way.
30. Perhaps you’d like a fairy garden entrance.
Includes a large flower and tree. And I’m positive that it’s for a little girl’s birthday party.
31. Bet you’ve never seen a flower like this before.
This balloon flower reaches the ceiling of this building. Hope it doesn’t wilt.
32. Eek! Giant bug! Kill it with fire!
Actually it’s a fly made out of balloons. Even has clear balloon wings.
33. Beware of the ferocious fire-breathing dragon.
Doesn’t look particularly vicious. Though he has a whole space all to himself.
34. A windmill will do quite well beside a waterfall.
Indeed, you can make whole scenes from balloons. But the windmill seems kind of out of place.
35. A balloon house can be especially haunted.
Well, I know Halloween is over. But this is a balloon sculpture post so I’ll include it.
36. You’ll find this imposing mask hanging from the ceiling.
Wonder if this is for a superhero. But it’s perfect for a Comic Con.
37. Want to ride in this car?
It’s an old timey yellow car. While this guy is having a good old time.
38. This dalmation wants to give you flowers.
This dog loves has a nice bouquet of 3. So adorable.
39. This little raccoon has come out of its stump.
And it seems this little guy loves to smell the roses. Though I suppose it likes to eat from the garbage once in a while, too.
40. Looks like somebody spilled some beer.
Don’t worry since the froth is made form balloons. That ought to make you say, “dilly, dilly!”
41. With a steering wheel like this, it’s welcome aboard.
Guess this is for an ocean themed party. Yet, I think this wheel is too big for a ship.
42. A Chinese dragon is dazzling in the air.
This Chinese dragon is quite colorful and knows how to make an entrance. Wonder if it’s for a Chinese New Year party.
43. “Dinner is served.”
Of course, he didn’t cook the food. Though he’s dressed as a chef in balloons.
44. “This is the night, it’s a beautiful night…”
This a balloon version of the Lady and the Tramp spaghetti dinner scene. And yes, it’s amazing.
45. Perhaps you might like a white balloon dress.
Yes, they have balloon outfits. Don’t know why these don’t pop. Or how these people manage to sit down.
46. Jazz it up with a giant light-up saxophone.
Yes, it’s a light up balloon sax. Perfect for a party featuring jazz music.
47. A snow queen should always look resplendent.
Yes, it’s another balloon dress. But I think you’ll see it again when Lady Gaga wears it at an awards ceremony.
48. You never know what can come from the rainbow.
Includes cats and a large swan. Makes you want to be there.
49. Care for an inflatable Easter basket?
Includes a bunny, eggs, and daffodils. So cute.
50. Would you like a cup of coffee?
Well, it’s quite small enough to put on a table. And it’s always steaming hot.
51. “All we are saying is give peace a chance.”
Nice how it’s all in rainbow colors. So pretty.
52. This little leopard wants to be your friend.
Don’t worry, it won’t bite you. Since it’s all made out of rubber anyway.
53. Hope you don’t forget your friendly neighborhood Spiderman.
Yes, it’s a balloon Spiderman. Hope he’s there for Stan Lee’s funeral.
54. Nothing makes a great gift like a fancy inflatable bouquet.
This one has pink flowers inside the vase. Love the gold and black checks on it, too.
55. Perhaps you’d like a big fancy pink cake.
Has an array of candles on top. But I especially love the purple roses on the bottom tier.
56. The Dark Knight will always protect Gotham City.
Not sure what Batman would think about his balloon likeness. Because he doesn’t seem like a balloon kind of guy.
57. An inflated owl is one you don’t want to mess with.
Contains a lot of mice for some reason. Mostly because owls usually eat them.
58. Deadpool always knows how to blow.
Yes, there’s a balloon Deadpool. And I’m sure Ryan Reynolds doesn’t know what to think about it.
59. Want to make anchor?
This one is blue with a white chain. But it won’t sink to the bottom since it’s made from balloons.
60. Behold, the mask of Pharaoh Tutankhamen.
Okay, it’s a balloon likeness of King Tut. An Egyptian pharaoh who gave his life for tourism.
61. Would you like a strawberry milkshake?
Okay, it’s a balloon milkshake you can’t drink out of. But it comes with whipped cream and a cherry on top.
62. Wonder what this golden design is supposed to be.
It’s either a trophy or a fancy golden flower. Can’t tell which.
63. Anyone would want to hold this little bunny rabbit.
Seems like something you can hold in your hand. But keep it away from sharp objects or it will deflate. So cute.
64. “Who you’re gonna call?”
This is a Ghostbusters balloon display. Though I’m sure one of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man has to be around somewhere.
65. Any queen would love to have this inflated crown.
Even has purple flowers near the top. So pretty. Love it.
66. Don’t want to run into this creature from the deep.
Indeed, this is a balloon shark. And yes, it looks pretty awesome.
67. Hope you can stand the glare of the rainbow sun.
Well, its rays go into all directions. But the whole display is easy to pick up.
68. A large colorful butterfly should be there to greet you.
Here it is on the front door. While the other balloons near the stairs are flowers.
69. Nobody could resist a sweet little walrus like this.
it even has whiskers and tusks. So adorable. Want to give it a fish?
70. Of course, you can’t forget the iconic Marilyn Monroe.
She has her dress rising up from The Seven Year Itch. So don’t look up her skirt.
71. “Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain.”
Yes, they have balloon characters from The Big Lebowski. Though some might think this Walter one is a bit over the line.
72. Sometimes you have to fly like an Egyptian goddess.
This one is pretty elaborate. Love her golden wings. Hope her name’s not Isis since that name’s become associated with a terrorist group.
73. Perhaps this guy can scare the crows for you.
Well, it’s a balloon scarecrow that’s not so scary. Even has a balloon crow in its arm.
74. Bet you wouldn’t guess who this Disney princess is.
It’s Snow White by the way. And yes, her head is bigger than the rest of her body.
75. Perhaps you might want to spend some time under the sea.
Seems like the octopus dominates the display. Yet, you’ll find a mermaid sitting on a rock.
76. Feel in the mood for an elephant ride?
It’s an Indian elephant since you can’t tame an African one. Still, you have to love it in balloons.
77. Want a hot air balloon ride?
Can even fit 5 people inside a balloon basket. Love the rainbow on the balloon. So pretty.
78. Sometimes we can all use a nap.
Yes, it’s a balloon hammock. Though I’m not sure if I want to lie down on that.
79. Seems like there’s life out there after all.
Okay, it’s a balloon alien in a flying saucer. Yet, its head almost takes the whole window.
80. Hope this lamppost can light your way home.
Sure it’s a lamp post made out of balloons. Yet, it lights up at a party.
81. You can stun at a party in this long black dress.
Even has pink lace at the bottom. Hope she doesn’t sit on anything sharp.
82. Perhaps you’d think this is a fitting knightly tapestry.
Well, this is certainly spot on. Like the knight on his horse slaying a purple dragon.
83. Two swans can always enjoy a pond by themselves.
Indeed, it’s a balloon display. But you have to love the weeping willow in the background.
84. Don’t you just love a rainbow?
Well, the rainbow is even in a heart in this display. And among a background of clouds.
85. Perhaps you’d like to see a dinosaur with flowers.
Well, it’s a purple stegosaurus holding flowers. So adorable though.
86. You can find plenty of flowers growing on this well.
But don’t put a coin and make a wish. Since it’s not a wishing well.
87. Sometimes you’ll find a magical world underwater.
You’ll find seahorses and plenty of fish. So amazing if you ask me.
88. At a wedding, it’s customary for rings to be intertwined.
Yes, these are balloon wedding rings. And they’re touched with red roses.
89. There is so much to love about a heart shaped coach.
And I guess this is for a wedding. Comes with wheels trimmed in gold.
90. This guy can cut anything with this giant pair of scissors.
Actually, I don’t think he can cut anything. Because the scissors are inflated with balloons.
91. Did you take anything from the toucan?
While it may seem quite sophisticated, you can’t help but love it. So cute.
92. As beauty, Belle holds a rose in a tale as old as time.
Though she didn’t wear a crown in Beauty and the Beast. But she’s so pretty.
93. This lizard is as cool as a cucumber.
I think it’s supposed to be a balloon iguana. As it sits on its own branch.
94. Hope you can stand with pride for this stars and stripes.
Sure it’s made with balloons. But you can see the stars in the blue section.
95. Apparently, he intends to eat Thanksgiving dinner all by himself.
After all, he only has a large knife and fork. Still, this is kind of amusing.
96. You’ll find a great bounty in this cornucopia.
And yes, it’s filled with all kinds of fruit and veggies. Still, in the Hunger Games, the cornucopia has a way different meeting.
97. A phoenix can always rise out of the ashes.
This one even has 3 tail feathers. Though don’t put it near fire.
98. Try getting a gumball from this candy machine.
Though you’ll need a big coin. And you’ll probably get a balloon instead.
99. Hope you can hear these herald angels sing.
Yes, they’re Christmas angels. But you have to love their smiles and candy canes.
100. You’d swear this balloon display is a work of art.
This is a takeoff of Sandro Botticelli’s The Birth of Venus in balloons. And yes, it includes nudity like the original.