Here I am dressed as a magician for a Halloween party. Got most of the stuff from a resale store. Hat includes a bunny, scarves, and wand.
While you may have an assortment of costumes at any Halloween or holiday store, a lot of them don’t seem to offer viable choices. Many may have sexy costumes for women which may not be suitable for a wholesome audience. And there are even sexy costumes for things that shouldn’t be. Yet, for added creativity, many would prefer to make their own. After all, you’ll see plenty of inspirations from craft stores and resale shops when I’ve looked for some ideas on Pinterest to show to you. Some may consist of scary monsters you’re used to seeing on Halloween. Some may be of pop culture characters or mundane things. While some might be made around an original concept entirely. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of unique DIY costumes for Halloween inspiration.
- Uh, I think you should look in a back mirror.
Her dog is situated in her butt cheeks. Wonder how she’ll exclaim that.
2. “Come and play with us, Danny.”
They’re supposed to be the Grady twins from The Shining. Don’t want to run into them in a hallway.
3. Someone must’ve made a mess in the kitchen.
This boy is clad in a picnic table cloth draped on him. And he’s got a pot on his head while holding a dish of spaghetti and meatballs.
4. Don’t you dare cross this tiki warrior.
However, remember that tiki figures are Polynesian gods. But you often see them at tiki restaurants.
5. Would you like a little ear of corn?
Well, this doesn’t seem hard to make. Just a thick vest and egg carton. So cute.
6. Paul Bunyan always sticks by his blue ox Babe.
Makes a great couples costume idea. He gets to dress like a giant lumberjack. She gets to wear a blue outfit with horns.
7. Don’t you just love these graceful jellyfish?
They attached jellyfish tentacles to their transparent umbrellas. But remember you don’t want to be stung by them.
8. Behold, the ever chilling ice queen.
If Queen Elsa was in a horror movie, she’d look like this. Chilling, isn’t she?
9. You wouldn’t want this wolf to blow your house down.
They’re supposed to be the 3 little pigs and the Big Bad Wolf. Perfect for families.
10. If you can’t afford to be Batman, be Low Budget Man.
And his low budget shows with a trash bag cape and masking tape. Yet, don’t expect him to be badass like Batman since he can’t afford those expensive gadgets.
11. Apparently, aliens have come to earth.
Okay, he only seems like he’s being abducted by aliens. Yet, it’s just a Halloween costume.
12. These children are all prepared to leave the shire.
Seems like someone really likes Tolkein. Includes Gandalf, Bilbo, Legolas, and Gimli.
13. Lisa Frank always inspires rainbow fun.
If you were a girl in the 1990s, you had to have some Lisa Frank stuff. And yes, you can use plenty of rainbow combinations.
14. You’ll always bring the funky music with a disco ball.
Wonder how you can put so many mirrors on this one. Like the matching hair though.
15. Halloween is always a time of good, clean fun.
Consists of a guy in a robe, woman in bath tub, and baby loofah. Also, the dog is a rubber duckie.
16. All bow down to the Pumpkin king and queen.
Each one has a jack-o’-lantern head and crown. I’m sure you can get all the stuff at any Halloween store.
17. A house always needs a garden.
She has a house on her head and flowers in a watering can. Hope you can smell the flowers.
18. On Halloween, it’s countdown to blast off.
The kid’s dressed up as a USA rocket ship. So it’s one small step for trick or treating.
19. Just need to make a few stops.
This kid is a garbage man. While his wagon is a garbage truck.
20. Care for a sweet, frozen treat?
Ice cream costume mostly consist of 2 large pieces of cardboard. While the pom poms are sprinkles.
21. She’s bursting with tentacles.
Since she’s supposed to be an octopus. Even has tentacles on her arms and legs.
22. It’s not Halloween without a scary story from this man.
He’s dressed as Edgar Allan Poe. Even has his own raven.
23. Want a bit of sauce on your little taco?
The mom is dressed as a sauce while the baby is a taco. Not sure if the baby is liking it right now.
24. Nobody could resist some sugary cotton candy.
Well, she seems so sweet. Guess someone put a bag on her with pink cotton balls.
25. Now this is a real family circus.
This is a family dressed up as circus performers. And please, don’t feed the little lion in the wagon.
26. This space family is out of this world.
Dad is the solar system while the mom is the rocket. And the baby is a little astronaut.
27. Watch out for the grammar police!
She’ll put you in for a long sentence including 10 years of punctuation with plenty of verb conjugating visits. So know your nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, participles, conjunctions, and interjections.
28. You wouldn’t want to be underwater in a shark tank.
Don’t worry, he’s fine since it’s his Halloween costume. Though it would’ve been great for Shark Week.
29. These three are just a group of tourists.
They could just also be people at a Jimmy Buffet concert. Yet, you’re guessing they’ll probably be in Hawaii or the Caribbean.
30. There’s nothing special about these 2. They’re just a couple of guys from Scranton.
Indeed, they’re Dwight and Jim from The Office. Though identity theft isn’t a joke.
31. Anyone would love this little pineapple.
She wears a yellow dress with a pineapple top on it. Not to mention, she wears sunglasses since pineapples grow in warm climates.
32. “I’m afraid of no ghost.”
This guy’s dressed as the Ghostbusters logo. Wonder how he got the plush “No” sign.
33. You won’t be scared of this little spider.
This is a spider and web costume. Web mostly consists of a skirt. While spider costume includes legs.
34. You’ll be ready for school with these 3.
Mom’s a pencil. Dad’s note paper. While the baby is an eraser. So cute.
35. You’ll crave for these animal crackers.
These are the ones with icing and sprinkles. Come in pink and white.
36. Nothing cools you off like this little snow cone.
Well, the baby is in a little triangular bundle. And wears a tiny rainbow wig. So cute.
37. Guess we’ll have to send him to the morgue.
He’s all zipped up in a body bag. Can’t really determine the cause of death at this time.
38. There are some people who’d adore a unicorn.
She has purple hair and a pink tail to match. Hope she gets points at the costume contest.
39. She needs some milk with her Froot Loops.
She’s basically a bowl of cereal. Yet, still carries the spoon in Twister.
40. This little Energizer Bunny keeps going and going….
Just slap a drum to a pink bunny costume and you’ve got it made. Still, this little one is so cute.
41. This boy better not get stuck without a paddle.
For he’s supposed to be a little boat. Though he’s wearing swim goggles.
42. “It’s rainin’ men!”
You can just put pictures of screen hotties from an umbrella. And you’re good to go.
43. “I’m just a bill, yes, I’m only a bill. And I’m sittin’ here on Capitol Hill.”
He’s the famous Schoolhouse Rock character who teaches you about the American legislative process. Also figures prominently in a lot of political satire.
44. She’s ready for takeoff.
Here’s a little aviator on her pink plane. She can’t fly it, but she’s adorable nonetheless.
45. You’d think this boy is fresh out of the oven.
Since he’s a pizza. And it’s topped with pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, olives, peppers, and basil leaves.
46. Make Halloween costumes worthy to phone home about.
They’re supposed to be the kids from E. T. While the boy has the alien in front of him.
47. Real men eat spinach.
They’re Popeye and Olive Oyl. And he’s got 2 anchors on his arm.
48. This seahorse is out of his water.
His costume seems quite elaborate. Wonder how much time and effort he put into that.
49. Look out! There’s a tornado full of sharks!
This boy’s a sharknado. From a franchise known for being so terrible it’s funny.
50. Children always look forward to a visit from the tooth fairy.
The tooth guy even has a crown. While the tooth fairy has her wings and tutu.
51. These 2 pilots always make it through the day.
These babies sit in a little fighter plane wagon. Love their sunglasses. So cute.
52. Hope you’re willing to play with these pieces on the board.
They’re chess pieces. One kid is a black king. The other is a white rook.
53. Would you want to be served by this German barmaid?
She’s not exactly a St. Paul girl. But she’ll do fine for Ocktoberfest.
54. Seems like these foxes are quite fierce.
They’re straight from Fantastic Mr. Fox. Since they’re wearing the clothes from the Wes Anderson movie.
55. You’ll find a cat under these wraps.
This cat mummy costume seems easy enough. Ironically enough, they found a lot of real cat mummies in ancient Egyptian tombs.
56. This guy has decided to take the Ice Bucket Challenge.
Since people did it to raise money for ALS for some reason. Yeah, I don’t see the point.
57. Ever heard of Pink Freud?
He’s basically the famed psychoanalyst Dr. Sigmund Freud wearing a hot pink suit. Yet, it’s mainly a play on Pink Floyd.
58. A future family always stays together in the galaxy.
This one has the parents dress in silver. While the kids wear space suits and hold ray guns.
59. You’d think he had the “wurst” costume ever.
He’s in lederhosen. Not sure if Germans even wear that except during Ocktoberfest.
60. So you think your baby is an Einstein?
This seems quite easy. Just use cotton for the wig and mustache. While the shirt can say E=Mc squared.
61. On an epic adventure, Captain Steve Zissou goes in search of the ferocious Jaguar Shark.
Just requires a red beanie and blue polo shirt. From The Life Aquatic.
62. She’s got her arms full of groceries.
She’s basically a crate from the local grocery store. And she’s even got a receipt.
63. You’d almost think she was full of hot air.
Yet, she’s got a lot of balloons above her since she’s a hot air balloon. So adorable.
64. Country singer Willie Nelson has gone on the road again.
Actually, that’s woman dressed up as Willie Nelson. But she definitely nailed it.
65. Apparently, this boy is at the spin cycle.
He’s a Whirlpool washing machine. Wait, I have a laundry basket just like that one.
66. With 4 kids, they can be a barbershop quartet.
These kids are all dressed in striped vest, straw hats, and mustaches. So does this mean the baby is the baritone?
67. Oh, no, these kids have been kidnapped by aliens!
Don’t worry, they’re just Halloween costumes. The aliens are plush. Still, kind of hilarious.
68. When will she get out of the shower?
Actually, the shower is her costume. Even has a rubber duckie shower curtain.
69. “ABC it’s easy as 123. So simple as Do-Re-Mi.”
They’re dressed up as the Jackson 5. Unfortunately, the youngest boy Michael will end up incredibly successful but very messed up.
70. “For my next trick, I’ll saw a woman in half.”
Seems like she’s not at all thrilled with that. Yet, it’s just a magic trick.
71. Carrie White is the ultimate prom queen.
Okay, she got pig’s blood dumped on her before she went all out on everyone. Still, this is spot on.
72. Want some milk with your cookie?
The mom is milk while the baby is the cookie. So adorable and sweet.
73. This kid is about the bulldoze the neighborhood.
Well, the kid is in a wheelchair. But his chair is equipped for construction.
74. A lawn flamingo always goes well with a little cactus.
The flamingo costume seems kind of easy enough. Yet, the little cactus is so adorable.
75. Perhaps you can use a knight in shining armor.
Sure the suit is made out of cardboard. While his sword and shield is made of wood.
76. He just stands there like a houseplant.
Since he’s in his houseplant costume. So don’t forget to water him.
77. These women are all covered in tape.
Well, they’re all dressed in caution tape. So they’re reserved for a crime scene investigation.
78. Who could ever resist this little rag doll?
She’s supposed to be Raggedy Ann. And yes, her red wig is made out of yarn. So cute.
79. So do I get to walk or not?
They’re Halloween costumes. One can walk while the other has to stop.
80. Want to order some takeout?
I’m not sure if going as the takeout box is cultural appropriation. But I think it’s quite clever.
81. “Oppa Gangnam Style!”
She’s Psi from that South Korean music video that went viral. And she wears the suit to match.
82. Someone’s popped up with butter.
This is a toaster. Well, the wagon is a toaster. While the kid is toast.
83. A STEM professional can’t do math without her.
Since she’s dressed as a graphing calculator. A must have for scientists and engineers.
84. Bow down to the young royals.
I think they’re supposed to be Will and Kate at the royal wedding. And yes, I’m aware the hair color doesn’t match.
85. These little girls are straight from the 1950s.
Since they’re wearing poodle skirts. Love their matching glasses. So adorable.
86. “Smokey, this is not ‘Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.”
Yes, he’s Walter from The Big Lebowski. And he’s got Donny in that Folgers coffee can. He also takes bowling very seriously.
87. Hey, Trump, a Mexican wants his ball back!
Well, that’s a great rendition of Trump’s stupid border wall. Let’s just hope it’s stays a Halloween costume.
88. Would you want a bite from this Subway sandwich?
Yes, this is a baby dressed as a Subway sandwich. Even has a hat with lettuce and tomato slices.
89. Hope you don’t touch this prickly porcupine.
This is a baby dressed as a porcupine. Don’t worry, the quills are made out of construction paper.
90. Rain or shine, you’ll have a fun time.
Dad is rain. Mom is sun. While the kid is a cloud in a rainbow wagon.
91. These 4 are ready for any project.
They’re dressed as construction workers. Just need a hard hat and bright orange vests.
92. Even a baby dragon can spout a breath of fire.
The fire is attached at the baby’s binkie. So adorable.
93. Always beware the bone collector.
Well, she’s dressed as a witch. Yet, she carries an animal skeleton with her.
94. Nobody can resist a baby Prince.
Everywhere he goes, it’s “Purple Rain.” He’s even got the mustache down.
95. These babies have come straight from the cabbage patch.
They’re wearing crocheted wigs with yarn hair. Yet, they’re quite adorable nonetheless.
96. You’ll be mad not to ignore these party animals.
These seem like rather simple costumes. Just get a nice outfit with animal ears or antlers along with a party hat.
97. She shines like a shooting star.
She has ribbons attached to her sleeves. While she wears a star hat.
98. Got Twinkies?
These are twins in a pack. And yes, they’re cuter than the ones from Hostess.
99. She’ll always direct the flow of traffic.
After all, she’s dressed as a little traffic light. So will she let us stop or go?
100. “We are the 3 Amigos and Amigos we always will be.”
Yes, these boys are dressed like the 3 Amigos. Even the baby. And yes, their outfits are so well done.
I love these costumes! So clever!