In the hot and humid atmosphere of Southwestern PA in early July, the Furries descend upon Pittsburgh for their annual Anthro Con, which is the world’s second largest convention for them. Why they’re able to withstand the hot summer heat this time of year, I have no idea. But they come from all over the place and have money to burn so Pittsburgh really doesn’t mind as long as they behave themselves. This year, the Furries are stated to bring about $7.9 million to Allegheny County which is a big boost to the area. And with that kind of cash, you really don’t care where it comes from, even if it is from people who like dressing in animal costumes. And if you go to Fernando’s Café during this weekend, you’ll find plenty of Furries hanging out. After all, they raised money to help the owner keep his business through donations during the Great Recession. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of Furries for this Anthro Con weekend.
- A crouching dog is always ready to rumble.
Here he is ready to fight. Best not to mess with him or he’ll rip you to shreds.
2. This fox is ready to mingle in her bright red scarf.
She has her own fluffy tail with a blue tip. And she’s not shy to show it off.
3. Of course, you might have some hell hounds here and there.
Don’t they won’t bite. They’re just hanging out at the convention.
4. Always put your best paw forward.
This dog seems happy to greet their fellow furries. And will show their blue and yellow paws.
5. Someone must’ve received a package.
And someone can’t wait to open it. Wonder what it is. Is it a brand new chew toy?
6. A few pounds of kibble, please.
Actually they seem more likely to be in the candy store. Yet, I’m not sure what this person is supposed to be.
7. Only at Anthro Con can a bunny and polar bear be friends.
Because in real life, a bear is more likely to eat the bunny. And a bunny is less likely to be purple and yellow.
8. A cool cat can always be a snappy dresser.
This one wears a green shirt and a blue polka dot scarf. And they’re all dressed and ready to go.
9. This sitting dog is all covered in tiger stripes.
He’s also wearing a shirt and pants. Seems like he’s going to a concert afterwards.
10. This dark dog sometimes loves to lay about.
And he seems ready to show his claws. So best you leave like right now.
11. I thought dogs weren’t allowed on the subway.
Don’t worry, I’m sure he’s toilet trained. Because he’s a guy in an animal costume.
12. This tiger is locked and loaded.
I’m sure the gun is a toy. But he surely looks like a badass compared to Tony the Tiger.
13. Don’t mind the dog with this cup.
He just has a red Dixie cup on his nose. Guess he really likes to party.
14. You need not fear this friendly hyena.
After all, he’s not that filthy compared to those on the Savannah. Rather, he seems quite clean and friendly.
15. This dog loves showing his claws.
Since they’re all shiny and green. And so is his tongue which is kind of gross.
16. This tiger always loves to wander in the forest.
Well, they’re wearing ragged clothes for some reason. Yet, they like pouncing on the rocks.
17. No frisky fox can resist this vixen.
After all, sexy foxes are always seen as vixens. This one is no different.
18. This cat knows how to don a sweater.
Not sure how he keeps cool during the summer. But he doesn’t look quite bad either.
19. Get a load of this colorful cat.
Yes, this colorful tiger seems straight out of a drug trip. But they just like to hang around.
20. This dog always knows how to rock.
Here he is in his furry get up. He even has his own hat for his ears to stick out.
21. This cat loves hanging by the waterside.
Though they may not want to go into the water. Since it might ruin their coat.
22. This cat has the world on a staff.
This might be a character from some video game. Then again, you have to like their sense of style.
23. Every dog needs a break now and then.
Well, we all can use a break. Furries are probably no exception.
24. Someone seems quite excited today.
Well, they’re in their pants and shirt. And they have their paws up in glee.
25. Want to give a hand to this colorful goat?
Keep in mind that a lot of these furries don’t appear in colors that conform to nature. This goat is purple with green feet and horns.
26. This blue fox wears their heart on their coat.
Well, they have hearts on their upper arms. And they seem quite modest about it.
27. Want to play some ball?
Hope you can keep up in a game of catch. Then again, it’s not a game you should play indoors.
28. This horned cat is off on an epic adventure.
And they seem rather sneaky about it if you ask me. Hope they watch the horns.
29. These loveable animals love to train for a fight.
But they’re always in a good sport about it. Yet, don’t mess with them or they will fight.
30. This dragon loves to spread their wings.
Kind of surprise you don’t see a lot of dragons at these events. Since they’re among the coolest fantasy creatures.
31. Bet you’re expecting this white tiger to drop and give twenty.
Yet, whatever the case, this tiger seem irritated about it. Not sure why, exactly.
32. How about you raise your paws for this tiger?
Sure they may seem a bit dirty. But they’re happy to smile for the camera.
33. This bird of prey has come to roost.
This bird also looks familiar. Not sure where I’d recognize them from.
34. Get a look at this friendly zebra.
Because zebras in the wild are usually too mean for domestication. Since they have to defend themselves against lions.
35. This dog always loves to receive a heart now and then.
Doesn’t hurt that she’s wearing a wig and glasses. Don’t worry, she won’t bite.
36. This wolf feels rather ambivalent about city life.
And I’m sure they’re not in Pittsburgh. Since it’s a coastal area while Pittsburgh certainly isn’t.
37. This dog always shows pride in their ears.
And they don’t mind standing for the photo either. Still, they have their unique kind of charm.
38. Who says dogs don’t have wings?
Actually, dogs don’t have wings in real life. But in furry land, an animal can have as many attributes as desired.
39. Perhaps a snowy owl may interest you.
Though this owl likes to wear clothes like they’re from a fantasy story. Not exactly sure why.
40. “I shall call him, Mini Me.”
Well, they have stuffed dog in a similar patterned scarf. So you can get the idea.
41. This spotted pooch loves to sport a long jacket.
Guess they’re on a key mission. Not sure but they’ll never say.
42. This yellow beast sports a flower necklace.
She also seems rather coy about being photographed. But her yellow fur makes her stand out.
43. This wolf loves to play in the snow.
Not sure why Pittsburgh would host Anthro Con in the winter than the summer. Weather wise, it would make more sense.
44. Who can turn down flowers from this dog?
Indeed, the roses are fake. But this dog seems quite sweet with its puppy eyes.
45. Who says a tiger can’t come in on a scooter?
This yellow and black striped tiger shows otherwise. And they seem to have a rather good time.
46. I wouldn’t go near Puss in Boots if I were you.
Because when he shows his kitty cat eyes, he’s about to attack. Since he uses them to get his enemies to drop their guard.
47. Some colorful dog would like to say hello.
They may be dining out. But that doesn’t mean they won’t turn down a photo op.
48. Didn’t know they can do hand signs with paws.
Yet, they don’t seem to mind as they salute for the camera. And wearing a multicolored scarf around their neck.
49. Who wants to give a cat a hug?
There they are dressed and in a pile of leaves. But they seem quite happy to spread out their arms.
50. Bet you’d never come across a horse like this before.
Yes, that’s a furry horse. And yes, they almost seem like they’re straight from a fantasy story.
51. You always have that one furry willing to show off their tail.
This one has a long, striped tail with bright blue stripes on it. And they’re dying to show it off.
52. This cat seems like a slave to fashion.
They’re in a sleek skirt and matching skirt. So this cat must make herself fancy.
53. Best you don’t go near this big black dog.
Yet, he seems to keep his sleek black coat impeccable. But beware of them.
54. Who says furries don’t like dancing?
This fox always knows how to do the tango. Though I wonder if they know the fox trot.
55. This dog likes showing off their blue fur.
Well, their belly seems to contain blue shades. But they love to rock their coat for the picture.
56. This blue cat just wants to swing by.
They have pink and blue stripes. And they seem to like hanging around the spiral staircase.
57. This lion just wants to hang out in a tree.
Though they seem to have some spots on their coat. Not sure why that is.
58. This dog has to be in a harness.
Wonder if they’re kept on a leash. Though this dog seems friendly to me.
59. Can you give a paw to this pink cat?
She even has her own collar. And you got to love her pink spots, too.
60. This cat knows how to rock a suit.
Sure he may be a tabby. But that doesn’t mean he can dress too shabby.
61. Apparently, this fox has his pants ultimately ripped.
He even seems equipped with belts on his chest. Bet he’s on an adventure.
62. Want to play in the snow with this dragon?
Well, if you get cold, this dragon can breathe some fire. But they better not scorch a forest.
63. This brave wolf knows how to use an ax.
He’s even clad in armor for added protection. And I guess he couldn’t fit into the helmet and pants.
64. This bird has plenty to crow about.
This one has a bird spreading their wings. Wonder what kind it’s supposed to be since you have to look from the back.
65. Not sure if I want to run into this bear in the woods.
Seems like a rather realistic costume if you get my drift. Wonder how many times they get mistaken for the real thing.
66. You might want to get acquainted with this goat.
And they seem rather fuzzy in their white coat. Not to mention how they rock the horns.
67. This white tiger just wants to lay around with the other cats.
You have to wonder what the cat is thinking. Because it may not have the slightest idea.
68. All these furries want are free hugs.
They even have free hug signs. Still, I don’t think there’s much to worry about with them.
69. Bet you wouldn’t run into to this funky goat.
They’re mostly blue and wearing a hat over the scarf. Check out those pink glasses.
70. You wouldn’t like this polar bear when they’re angry.
And it seems that this bear is on the rampage. So best to stay away from them.
71. Apparently, this buck decided to go stag.
After all, he came all by himself. But I wouldn’t lock antlers with him on a bad day.
72. This cat knows how to use the Force.
Here they sit on the couch with a purple lightsaber in hand. But they will pounce when threatened.
73. Hope you didn’t think you’d see them in this post.
Indeed this is the Pink Panther. Cue the iconic Harry Mancini music.
74. Check this fox on the bridge.
Not sure if they’re in Pittsburgh. But the city does have at least one yellow bridge.
75. Seems like these two have a kitten in their paws.
Well, the kitten is a plush toy. But these cats seem to care about each other.
76. This dog greets everyone with open paws.
They’re even wearing a shirt and shorts. And they’re wanting for a hug.
77. This black dog has a rather sneaky side.
This guy is called Zippo Wolf. And I bet they’re in Pittsburgh for the convention.
78. Lay your eyes on this blue raccoon.
They’re even wearing a gray sweat shirt. Still, hope they don’t get in your garbage.
79. This lonely kitty needs a hug.
Well, they’re pouting at this point. So now may not be a great time.
80. This dog always loves to nibble on a steak now and then.
Well, as long as it’s plush steak. But they don’t seem to mind.