No Easter can be complete on my blog without a post on peep dioramas. Though peeps are sugar-coated marshmallow candy unfit for human consumption, you can easily use them to make your own peep dioramas. You even enter them in contests. One of the most famous is sponsored by the Washington Post. These peep scenes can come in many different varieties. Some can be parodies of significant works in pop culture. Some can be satirical depictions of current or history. Or some can be showcases to aspects of everyday life or a particular location. Some of these peep dioramas can be made by children or families. Some by repressed art majors or artists. Yet, whatever the case, these marshmallow scenes can be a joy to look at. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of delightful peep dioramas for your Easter season.
- “We hold these truths to be self-evident that all peeps are created equal.”
It’s supposed to depict the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The main players have wigs.
2. He’ll soon break his glasses soon. Too bad nobody’s fixing them.
This is a takeoff from a famous Twilight Zone episode. It pertains to librarian who holes himself up during a nuclear war.
3. Get ready to rock with Spinal Peep.
It’s based on Spinal Tap, which is a parody rock group itself. Nonetheless, I don’t expect the drummer to last.
4. How about a peep for the Buckeyes?
Seems like they’ve come to a packed stadium. Even has a few buckeye nuts in back.
5. Apparently, some bunnies have an inkling for street art.
Or is it graffiti? Still, how did that one bunny get a ladder, I’ll never know.
6. “Do you hear the people sing, singing the songs of angry peeps?”
Yes, it’s another Les Miserables peep diorama. But this one has buildings so I couldn’t miss it.
7. Looks like this road’s closed for work by PeepDOT.
Here are all the bunnies in their orange outfits. Yet, what’s with the chicks in the dump truck?
8. Evidently, this VMA peep show raised many eyebrows.
This is from the 2013 VMAs when Miley Cyrus twerked with Robin Thicke. And it’s all with marshmallow bunnies.
9. During the winter weekends, you’ll find Bunald Brump down at his Peep-a-Lago resort.
Caption: “‘PEEPs-A-LAGO!! Fun at the tremendous Winter White House!’ by Rose Byrne.” This is absolute genius.
10. Watch out for the marshmallow gators.
It’s a spoof from the History Channel reality show, “Swamp People.” And like most of the History Channel lineup, it features no history.
11. “Well, I shot a peep in Reno just to watch him die.”
This is a peep version of Johnny Cash’s Folsom Prison concert. Like the blue bunnies in striped outfits.
12. Summer is always a fun time at the beach.
This beach even has a bar. You can even see a chick parasailing.
13. “Quoth the Raven, ‘Nevermore.'” – Edgar Allan Peep.
This is a takeoff on “The Raven.” They even have the chick upon a bust of Pallas Athene.
14. Apparently, some bunnies have come across life on another planet.
Though I’m sure the US space shuttle is out of commission. Love the aliens though.
15. Seems like the Queen just landed.
This is from the 2012 London Olympics. Still, no queens were harmed during the Opening Ceremonies.
16. Mallow Ren’s having a Stormbunny meeting on Starkiller Base.
Got to love the Stormtroopers. Almost seems straight from The Force Awakens.
17. Bunny Baggins always feels at home in the Shire.
Caption: “‘The Peep’ or ‘There and Back Again; a Peep’s Tale’ by Bunny Baggins,” by Abby Zwicky” The house looks awesome.
18. Be enchanted by the mysteries of Peephenge.
The Stonehenge is made with blue bunnies. Not sure what the sheep are for though.
19. HPO presents “Last Peep Tonight with John Mallover.”
Caption: “‘Make Donald Drumpf Again,’ by Jill Schaefer of Minnetonka” This is perfect. Wonder what John Oliver thinks of this.
20. Donald Trump wants to “make America Great again.”
Caption: ”You’re Fired,’ by Brian Schomburg” And someone stole a letter from the sign. Though it’s just as well since he’s a narcissistic sociopath.
21. Behold, Peep Kong, the 8th Wonder of the World!
Think of King Kong with peeps. Includes Skull Island and the scene from the Empire State Building.
22. Looks like the sugary bunnies really love casino gambling.
They have blackjack, roulette, slots, and craps tables, too. There’s even live entertainment.
23. Nobody could get enough of HPO’s Game of Peeps.
Still, don’t be surprised if you find your favorite character killed off in this. Or any nudity for that matter.
24. Luke Peepwalker has come at an awkward time.
Luke visits Jabbas’s palace from Return of the Jedi. And there’s a bunny Princess Leia in her trademark bikini.
25. You don’t know where they bunnies are going in these stairs.
This is from another M.C. Escher work. And yes, the staircases are unreal.
26. On Halloween night, Linus cat waits for the Great pumpkin.
Yes, they do sell Halloween peeps as you see. But this is a clever rendition of a cartoon classic.
27. A&Peep is best known for airing Bun Dynasty.
Yes, the delightful down home duck caller millionaires are in peep form. But it’s all fun and games until the patriarch rants about gays and racial minorities.
28. Pirate peeps always take to the high seas in the Caribbean.
Based on the movie franchise you liked during your teens. Now with more bunnies and chicks.
29. Unfortunately, Washington D.C. has fallen to the dinosaurs.
Well, at least they don’t hold office in Congress. Still, not sure what I think about the destruction.
30. “It’s alive! It’s alive!”
This is from Frankenstein. Yes, it may be a breakthrough in science. But all won’t be well for long.
31. A dragon dance brings in the Chinese New Year.
It’s even in front of a Chinese restaurant. Though I’m not sure about the chicken.
32. Gather round for the Peepsburgh Banjo Club.
Like how their banjos are made of peppermint candies. And they’re below a disco ball.
33. “Grandma, what blue skin you have?”
I wouldn’t want to go near your grandmother, Little Red. She might not be herself right now.
34. I’m sure you all remember this peep circus from the 1990s.
Got to love how they used a cardboard box for the O.J. Simpson trial. I guess this is the glove doesn’t fit scene.
35. “Marty, to the Delorapeep!”
This is a rendition of Back to the Future. Cue “The Power of Love” from Huey Lewis and the News.
36. “There’s a peeps for us. A time and peeps for us.”
Can’t believe they did a peep diorama of the end of West Side Story. Kind of thought the dance scene would’ve been more appropriate.
37. “Hello, Clarpeeps.”
This is a takeoff from Silence of the Lambs. It’s where Clarice meets Hannibal Lecter.
38. Peeps have been taking selfies for time immemorial.
Spans from the cave to the smart phone. Even includes Van Gogh at one point.
39. “Your move, bunny boy.”
Yes, these are peeps on the chessboard. The bunnies are the good pieces. The chicks are all pawns.
40. Let us remember the Bun Laden raid by Seal Peep 6.
I know it’s a diorama on the death of Bin Laden. It’s even complete with explosions and bunnies in camo.
41. I believe the Earth’s not doing Klaatu any favors.
I guess this is the beginning of The Day the Earth Stood Still. There’s even a bunny robot.
42. Peeps always have fun at the fun fair.
This place seems to have lots of rides and places to eat. Love this cute display. So adorable.
43. A lot of strange things happen in Twin Peeps.
This is a rendition of Dale Cooper’s strange dream. Other than the log lady, it’s a part most people remember.
44. “That’s one small step for peep, one giant leap for peepkind.”
Neil Armstrong has planted the flag. Buzz is in the module waiting to get out.
45. Apparently, Whistler’s mother was a cute chick.
Well, Whistler’s mother’s a chick in this depiction. But she’s wearing the same outfit.
46. Vermeer’s Chick with a Pearl Earring has become his masterpiece.
This has a chick with a scarf on its head and pearls. It’s a tribute to a work of art.
47. The bunny always abides.”
Had to include a peep version of The Big Lebowski. And yes, it’s in a bowling alley.
48. If the pea can’t keep her up, then she can’t be a princess.
This is from the Princess and the Pea. And it comes with all the mattresses stacked.
49. Now we can see what’s inside Donald Trump’s head.
This one seems to borrow from Inside Out. Yet, the bunnies all have Trump hair. Also, there’s a picture of Ivanka.
50. Albun Einstein is a quintessential genius.
I’m sure you’ll find him quite a genius, relatively speaking. Still, not sure if I can see Albert Einstein as a bunny.