One of the key traditions of Easter is the Easter bonnet. Though originally worn by ladies for Easter church services in less casual times, it has somewhat fallen out of fashion in that regard. Yet, Easter bonnets have always been nonetheless elaborate since the holiday marks the end of Lent. However, in places like New York, thanks to Easter parades, Easter bonnets have risen to a whole new level. No longer are they seen as what women wear to church anymore. Or even women in general. But the kind of wacky hat to wear for a Easter parade. Some of these hats may seem straight out of a Las Vegas showgirl routine. Some may be DIY. Some may have flowers, eggs, chicks, sheep, and other Easter motifs. Some may not. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of extravagant Easter bonnets.
- Some girls go for a beehive while some prefer butterflies.
Then a again the woman’s hat may be meant to imitate straw. Yet, the butterflies are pretty.
2. You’d almost think she got her hat from outer space.
This an old photo of a woman wearing a hat that would rival Lady Gaga. I don’t know if any explanation is necessary.
3. You can always line your straw bunny hat with chocolate.
Though I’d say it’s a waste of chocolate. Love the flower and fuzzy bunny ears.
4. Sometimes Easter can take a prehistoric turn.
The triceratops even has fancy eggs. I guess this is meant for a boy who’s a big fan of Jurassic Park.
5. Care for a bunny on your bonnet?
This plush bunny even has its own bonnet. Yes, it’s kind of confusing. But it’s adorable.
6. Someone must be on the springy side of the Force.
Has pipe cleaners with squiggles attached to eggs. Got to like Darth Vader and a clone soldier.
7. A broad hat can leave plenty of space.
Her had includes eggs, flowers, and a basket. It even says, “Happy Easter.”
8. There are many ways to accessorize a top hat.
This one has so many Easter stuff on it that it makes Willy Wonka jealous. And all topped off with an Easter egg shell.
9. Guess you can’t get out of doing laundry all the time.
She’s wearing a clothesline and washboard. Not sure if the clothes fit her. But it’s clever.
10. This little bird flies out of its cage to freedom.
Sure it might look outrageous. But for an Easter bonnet, it’s modest.
11. An Easter bonnet can never have enough pink.
It has a nest on top and eggs and bunnies around the brim. But I love the purple butterfly the best.
12. An Easter bonnet can never have enough eggs, chicks, or feathers.
The feathers are in all kinds of colors. The eggs are sparkle. But the chicks are all yellow pom poms.
13. Wonder why the bunny’s diving in this bonnet.
Well, I guess there are some carrots in the bin. Love the creativity behind this.
14. My, that’s a large ice cream cone.
Yes, she has an giant ice cream cone on her head. But at least it has chocolate bits on the top.
15. A lamb relishes among the flowers.
This has a plush lamb on top of a hat enclosed with a fence. And yes, it’s adorable.
16. Nobody could resist this chick tower.
And to believe it, it has pom pom chicks on it. Though I like the pink decomesh ribbon trim.
17. I guess film noir gals have their own Easter bonnets.
This one has lips with a cigarette. Like you see on femme fatales in film noir movies from the 1950s.
18. It won’t be Easter without some purple Easter grass.
Has plenty of bunnies and chickies to your heart’s content. Also includes some daisies on the brim.
19. A spring windmill can always shine at an Easter parade.
It’s in pink, purple, and yellow brick. Still, I love the bunnies and flowers.
20. A sheep hat can be so fluffy.
Kind of reminds me of Shaun the Sheep. And it’s most likely made by a child.
21. An Easter bonnet should always have a pair of bunny ears.
She’s even dressed as a bunny and holding one in her hand. How much Eastery can you get?
22. This Easter bonnet seems to reach to new heights.
Well, it has a plush chick and bunny on top. Great for an Easter parade or the bunny trail.
23. An Easter bonnet can never have enough pom poms.
You have a couple of bunnies with chickies along the brim. And I guess the pom poms around the border are Easter eggs.
24. Sometimes a simple Easter bonnet will do.
Not sure what the concept behind this bonnet is about. Yet, I couldn’t resist leaving it out of this post.
25. Don’t forget to add a birdhouse.
Yes, this was made by a child. Yet, you have to like the felt flowers and chick decorations.
26. Perhaps a yellow bird at the top will impress.
This seems more for adults as I can see. Like the yellow butterflies.
27. No Easter bonnet can ever have enough flowers.
And I see Audrey Hepburn has put an entire bouquet on her head. Yet, at least she tastefully ties her hat with a bow.
28. Even boys can proudly don their Easter bonnets.
Doesn’t hurt if it includes flowers, eggs, and ladybugs. Some of which are held by clothes pins.
29. You’d almost think this is an Easter basket.
It’s a straw hat made with flowers and Easter eggs. Not sure if you could wear it though.
30. Perhaps a more naturalistic Easter bonnet may suit you.
I guess this is of the Cast Away variety. Yeah, I don’t think he can go through town without people making faces at him.
31. Someone must have sunflowers in their eyes.
Luckily, it’s so sunny that he needs a parasol. His straw hat is also covered in flowers.
32. She seems like a small basket case.
At first I thought this might be a watering can. Then I zoomed in.
33. You never know what you can do with a large straw hat.
One hat has plenty of white flowers. The other has small Easter eggs hanging from it.
34. Daffodils are usually an iconic sign for spring.
All the flowers are on top and tied together. And yellow eggs line the brim.
35. For flowers, all you need is tissue paper.
All these guys proudly show their pastel flowers. And they’re similarly dressed to match.
36. Make sure the nest has a raft of twigs.
Though make sure to touch it up with some flowers. Yet, I wonder how this woman sees through this thing.
37. Sheep always enjoy frolicking in the pasture.
These little sheep love being on the top grass. And they’re surrounded by tulips and daisies.
38. Chicks always love a fine straw nest.
You can see a chick emerging from a newly hatched egg. But there’s a large chick sitting on a couple. Not sure why.
39. A yellow Easter bonnet is great for any big game.
Seems like this is for Angry Birds. Though there’s a soccer ball on each side.
40. Bunnies enjoys camping out in the forest.
The brim has eggs around it. The top has bunnies at a camp fire near a tent and under a tree.
41. You’d swear everything here is in one basket.
This one has Easter eggs and flowers in a basket with a bunny. Got to love this one.
42. Perhaps a simple straw hat with bunny ears will suit your fancy.
These seem simple enough to make. The ears are made of felt. And each have a matching ribbon and flower.
43. Any young boy would love a straw Angry Birds hat for the Easter parade.
Well, Angry Birds seem like a common theme in Easter bonnets for boys. Its brim is made from black feathers.
44. Sometimes a few flowers will do the trick.
This one just uses a red hat with a few pink flowers. Simple but effective.
45. You’ll find this pink nest all covered with chicks.
The chicks are all made out of pom poms. Love how some of them come out of the eggs.
46. Rabbits are always happy enclosed in a fence.
This one has a plush bunny among a garden of flowers and dragon flies. So cute.
47. My, that must be a large chick.
Well, this one has a plush chick on a straw hat. It’s surrounded by eggs.
48. You have to love a pink chick that’s just hatched.
It’s just hatched from the nest. But it’s already shedding feathers.
49. A flower hat should have a few dragonflies.
This one flowers made out of tissue flowers. Yet, the glittery dragons sure are colorful.
50. Egg cartons can be great for an Easter bonnet.
Guess these are supposed to resemble rainbow roses. Easy to make and not too difficult to wear.
51. A green bonnet can always use a few flowers.
This one has flowers among the deco mesh foliage. And it’s held in place by a pink ribbon.
52. Nothing welcomes spring like a pink hydrangea.
And this girl seems to like her hydrangea hat quite nicely. Lovely.
53. This hive Easter bonnet has everyone buzzing.
Yes, this was made by a kid. But you have to admire the creativity with the beehive. So cute.
54. Even a dog can don an Easter bonnet.
This purple hat even has bunny ears. Still, not sure what the dog thinks here.
55. You’ll always look sharp in a polka dot top hat.
The brim is trimmed with pink. Includes flowers and a pink butterfly.
56. With this pirate ship, it’s chicks ahoy.
Well, it’s a ship with pirate chicks. And yes, there’s a skull and cross bones.
57. You’ll find plenty of golden eggs on this hat.
This one is brown with a nest. Yet, remember that these eggs are spray painted styrofoam. Sorry, fortune hunters.
58. On Easter, bunny ears are for the whole family.
These bonnets are quite elaborate nonetheless. Some even have Easter eggs hanging on them.
59. Don’t forget to put peonies on your Easter bonnet.
This is a vintage picture. Yet, the flowers have tulle underneath.
60. Even old time gentlemen wear their Easter bonnets.
Kind of like how these guys seem rather matter of fact about it. After a man’s Easter hat must be fancy.
61. How about a bunny in a basket?
Yes, they had wacky Easter bonnets back in the day, too. Though I’m not sure if a black and white picture does it any justice.
62. Of course, you can add some green tulle.
This one has bunnies on the grass with butterflies. So adorable if you ask me.
63. A purple Easter bonnet can have all the trimmings.
This one has plenty of bunnies and flowers. And yes, you can see at least one bunny ear on top.
64. An Angry Birds hat should include more feathers.
This one is a cowboy hat meant to resemble an Angry Bird. Like in the famous mobile game.
65. You’ll find a chick among the flowers.
This one has a chick on top with eggs on the brim. And yes, the chick is a plushie.
66. In New York City, you better attend a parade with a large hat of flowers.
This one has a wide pink brim. Yet, you’d almost mistake this hat for a garden.
67. Seems like these angry birds have too many pigs in their nests.
This one has Easter eggs painted like Angry Birds. Most of them consist of pigs though.
68. Even the cats get into the Easter fun.
Well, cat owners anyway. Not sure if this cat is enjoying itself.
69. You’ll find plenty of chicks on this minion hat.
This is a straw hat with a minion on it. If you love Despicable Me, this is for you.
70. An Easter bonnet can never have enough eggs.
Well, the Easter eggs are all on sticks. And they’re all in basket atop the bunny hat.
71. You’d almost think this hat came from the ground.
This one has flowers and grass. And here is a bunny just lounging around.
72. A canine Easter bonnet should always have flowers.
Sure it doesn’t look out of the ordinary. But the fact it’s for a bulldog is hilarious.
73. This hat has all the eggs on the top.
Helps that it’s on a pink basket. There are even some chickies among them.
74. Perhaps you may prefer a hat from a large glass.
Yet, her hand on it means she has to keep it steady. Though it does have flowers on top.
75. She finds herself in a cage with flowers.
Well, at least she’s taking the bird cage quite well. Still, the flowers are stunning.
76. Is that a live rabbit in that cage?
Sure looks like it. Yet, whether this boy enjoys carrying it on his head is another matter.
77. A large straw hat must have an air of spring.
This one has plenty of flowers and butterflies. And this girl delights wearing it.
78. How about a sequined top hat for the Easter parade?
This one has a tulle bottom and is worn like a headband. Yet, you can always do worse.
79. It helps if the egg and chicken shine in foil.
Most of what you see on this hat is wrapped in vibrant colors. Let’s hope there’s no chocolate on it.
80. Seems like someone’s a fan of Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Hey, it was the 1950s. When the US had a president who was popular and wouldn’t threaten to nuke North Korea over a slight insult. Good times.