Last year, I did a SantaCon post after the event kicked off since I had to be in Virginia for my sister’s graduation. This year, I vow not to make the same mistake again since I have plenty of costumes left over from that time. As you know, SantaCon is an American tradition in which people from all over the country (as well as the world) gather each year dressed as Christmas characters where they parade and go on a pub crawl. Since its origins in San Francisco, this annual event has become known as a reviled bar crawl with a reputation of drunken brawling, vandalism, and disorder in New York City and elsewhere. And as a result, there’s been fierce community resistance about the whole thing, especially from parents who really don’t want to explain why Santa has been arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct. Still, thanks to Pinterest, I can have a little fun with this while the events are on. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another treasure trove of SantaCon costumes.
- You can’t be a sexy Frosty unless you come in a big puffy skirt.
Well, this isn’t as bad as the girly snowman outfits from last year. Yet, she’ll probably be shivering in it in some places.
2. You can always shimmer and shine in a silver Santa dress.
Kind of reminds you of something Mariah Carey would wear in a music video. Also seems to contain a lot of sequins.
3. I call this one the stripper Santa girl outfit.
Then again, I really shouldn’t make fun of strippers. They have horrible lives. Also, this isn’t suitable for cold increment weather.
4. This Mrs. Claus costume endears with Christmas elegance.
Love the fancy golden embroidery on it, too. And you thought lady Santa outfits were scantily looking.
5. Have a toast to SantaCon with these Santa pimp cups.
Well, at least they all have cups that are in celebration with the season. Though one seems to be a bit south of the border.
6. To lead your sleigh, SantaCon can’t do without Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
Now this is a cute costume. However, at these events, it’s said that Rudolph’s red nose makes him the designated driver.
7. Of course, a doe must always look her best.
Well, with reindeer both sexes have antlers. However, I don’t think she’s actually dressed as one though. Then again, reindeer often aren’t accurately depicted in Christmas media anyway.
8. For a traditional Santa costume, look no further.
Funny I didn’t put a traditional Santa in my SantaCon post from last year. Still, hope this makes up for it.
9. Any woman wants to stand out in a Santa outfit this Christmas might want to go with a greener option.
Yes, they have those Santa dresses in green as well. Still, like how it goes with green fur trimmed boots.
10. For a naugthy Santa’s little helper, this scanty costume might be to your fancy.
I’m not sure if this is lingerie or not but it sure looks like it. Yet, since it comes with boots, you really can’t say.
11. At SantaCon, it always helps to be present.
Well, she’s dressed as a present anyway. Like how she used tinsel and wrapping paper for her costume. Hope it doesn’t rain or snow.
12. Sometimes a toy soldier would rather stand with a Christmas tree.
Not sure what to think about the Christmas tree costume in this. Yet, at least he made an effort you should appreciate.
13. A lady elf costume should always come with striped tights.
I showed the male counterpart of this costume last year. I know it looks pretty dumb but it’s Christmas related. So it goes on the post.
14. Guess these two gingerbread girls have just ran a race.
I’m not sure if these costumes are from SantaCon. Maybe some Christmas related race. But they’re Christmas related so who cares.
15. In this pink Santa getup, you’ll be sure St. Nick will come down the chimney tonight.
I think I might’ve gone a bit overboard with this one. Still, it does seem like something mommy would wear, uh never mind.
16. A snowman outfit like this might give you the frosty reception you’re looking for.
But it might not be the kind you think. Because it might lead you to freeze your ass off.
17. Gingy and his girl come to SantaCon for some good times and sweet fun.
Well, these are quite cute. But please don’t touch the buttons. Not the gum drop buttons.
18. You always know that Santa will need his little helpers at SantaCon.
Or if you work at Santaland at the mall. Nevertheless, there’s nothing wrong dressing like these elves.
19. Even the Mrs. Claus must have some fun now and then.
Of course, this is a traditional Mrs. Claus outfit. Yes, it looks homey but what the hell.
20. Even Buddy the Elf would take part in the SantaCon festivities.
Actually Buddy the Elf would really not have any idea about SantaCon. And he wouldn’t really understand a wasted Santa. Please don’t try to explain.
21. Apparently, Santa Claus is a Cleveland Browns fan.
Unfortunately, the Browns aren’t doing too well this year. Then again, they don’t seem to do well period.
22. This toy soldier gives the right salute.
Well, I have to admit, this is a rather clever costume. Like the hat.
23. For SantaCon, this woman decided to go as a reindeer snowman.
Guess she couldn’t really decide. At least she’s covered from head to toe for the most part.
24. A candy cane reindeer at SantaCon is anything but sweet.
Yes, I know her costume is quite skimpy for some people’s taste. But you have to admire her creativity with this one.
25. Fans of Christmas Story might want to go with this leg lamp costume.
I showed a DIY leg lamp costume from last year’s post. Yet, this one comes up further from the waist.
26. It’s always lonely to be an Elf on the Shelf.
Though to be fair, the Elf on the Shelf thing is as creepy as hell. Maybe that explains why he does so many naughty things when parents and children aren’t looking.
27. This angel should always go on top of the Christmas tree.
Okay, she’s probably in a short skirt that many people don’t perceive to be holy. Yet, it’s surely in the spirit of the season.
28. At SantaCon, you won’t always know what Santas you’ll see.
From what I can tell, I see a pirate Santa, a reggae Santa, and a disheveled Santa. I know it’s hard to explain but what do you know?
29. Mr. Candy Cane is always at your service.
He even has his own candy cane hat and red bowtie. His candy cane vest is also in white and red stripes.
30. The star always goes on top of the Christmas tree.
She’s even decked in tinsel and ornaments. Also have to admire the striped tights.
31. This Mrs. Claus outfit will make you a sweet darling at SantaCon.
Actually, I’m not sure if it’s even a Mrs. Claus outfit. But it includes an apron and it’s unique. So it goes on this post.
32. You can always have your SantaCon outfit trimmed with fur.
Yes, this is a sexy Mrs. Claus costume according to Pinterest. But at least it comes with a jacket.
33. For those who aren’t too into Christmas at SantaCon, this Grinch costume will suit your fancy.
After all, SantaCon isn’t a kind of event that makes Christmas look good. So a Grinch costume is perfect.
34. Now you’d certainly call her a genuine candy striper.
That’s because she’s dressed like a candy cane. You know the red and white stripes scheme.
35. Hope this soldier girl has her musket at the ready.
To be fair, the gun is only a prop. But I’m sure she wouldn’t be allowed at some establishments during the bar crawl with that.
36. How about a present in green and red?
Well, it’s green wrapped with a red ribbon. At any rate, don’t open till Christmas.
37. Here we find the Grinch with Cindy Lou Who.
These two seem to wear the costumes from the movie. Like the Christmas sweater one.
38. These women vow to shine bright as different colored lights.
Well, these seem to be simple costumes. But when one goes out, they all go.
39. Clark Griswold knows his way around with lights.
Actually he doesn’t. But I like how this guy has his Christmas lights in a ball. That’s hilarious.
40. These advent calendar girls are counting down the days till Christmas.
Well, they just have advent calendars over their outfits. And they both seem to be Christmas trees.
41. Sometimes it helps for a soldier to take a knee.
Well, at least he doesn’t have a toy gun with him. But I’m not sure if his green coat goes with his read pants.
42. Seems like Ralphie’s been a very bad boy.
Yes, these events are known for a lot of drunk and disorderly conduct. But the Ralphie bunny suit costume is priceless.
43. These elves are ready to make their season merry and bright.
Well, they surely look ready for something like SantaCon. Then again, they just might be Santa elves on a break.
44. “Shitter’s full.”
That’s Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation. Still, this costume isn’t hard to make at all.
45. A candy cane costume like this will make you look just as sweet and minty fresh.
Well, it’s probably not realistic and it’s holiday wear you’d expect from Effie Trinket. But it’s Christmas related so it goes on this post.
46. You can expect plenty of presents under this Christmas tree.
Okay, she might be dressed as the kind of Christmas tree you put on a table. Because it doesn’t seem to cover much of her.
47. Seems like Hanukkah Harry got in a fight with a Santa Bot.
“Santabot naughty detection. Santabot destroy with coal fired laser.”
48. Cindy Lou Who always tries to look her best.
Sure it’s of a child character. But it’s an adult costume as Etsy lists.
49. So is she supposed to be queen of the sugar plum fairies or something?
This is supposed to be a Christmas costume and surely looks like it. But the leopard print trim doesn’t do it for me.
50. Even Santa has to have a day at the beach now and then.
And here he is in an old fashioned swimsuit about to go surfing. Not sure if he’ll succeed riding the waves.
51. This Santa seems to have an interesting hat.
Kind of reminds me a bit like Dr. Seuss. Then again, not sure about the candy cane hat.
52. Jovie and Buddy always know how to celebrate the season.
Yes, they the pink Jovie costume from the Elf movie, too. And yes, it does look quite cute.
53. Mistletoe Marilyn will add extra spark in your holiday season.
Well, she does look like Marilyn Monroe. But she doesn’t seem to have mistletoe on her though.
54. This Mrs. Claus dress comes with a holly apron.
Sure she’s wearing a short skirt. But I think it’s rather tasteful at the same time.
55. With Santa, it’s always hip times ahead.
Yes, this Santa has a fro. Not sure if it means he’s from the 1970s. Or that he doesn’t get a haircut at the North Pole.
56. These reindeer have what it takes to get to the skies.
Like how these guys are dressed as race car drivers. Not that I’m a fan of NASCAR (I’m not).
57. A Santa dress must be held with a black belt.
Yes, it’s another female Santa dress. And yes, I’ve put up a few of them. But this is more standard.
58. At SantaCon, being Santa’s little helper means wearing a pom pom skirt.
Whether you’re going to SantaCon or work for Santa at the mall, you might find this quite lovely. Like the striped socks.
59. A green dress can always stand out as a Christmas tree.
Helps if you add tinsel and ornaments. Yet, make sure you have star on your headband.
60. Perhaps, Mrs. Claus can use a more festive pattern.
Yes, this is Mrs. Claus as you’ve never seen her before. Also, the patterned pieces have Christmas motives.
61. Mrs. Claus stands with one of Santa’s helpers.
Mrs. Claus seems a bit young in this. Yet, the elf seems to have a rather short skirt.
62. Sometimes you might find a few elves with facial hair.
By the way, the beard’s fake. But this costume does seem to induce cheer.
63. Uh, you may not want to do that.
This woman is dressed up as Flick from A Christmas Story. You know the kid who stuck his tongue on the flag pole.
64. If you’re into Dickens, you might want to go to SantaCon as the Ghost of Christmas Present.
Since SantaCon is known for drinking and feasting, this is up his alley. I mean he’s a jolly guy who enjoys partying.
65. Speaking of the 19th century, check out these caroler costumes.
Unfortunately, ladies, 19th century fashion wasn’t known for practicality. So if you wear one of these dresses, expect to be uncomfortable.
66. If you’re Russian, you might want to go to SantaCon as Grandfather Frost or the Snow Maiden.
As if we need more Soviet Union inspired characters during the holiday season. Yet, these two are still around in Russia after the Soviet Union fell.
67. Mrs. Claus has a heart on her apron.
Well, this is kind of cute. Helps if the apron has holly around it and a bow on the belt.
68. Not much here, just a couple of joggers.
It’s the Griswold neighbors in their athletic suits from Christmas Vacation. Sure they’re stuck up but you really have to feel bad for them.
69. At SantaCon, don’t let these two in your house.
These are the two criminals on Home Alone. You know the two hapless crooks who get tortured from some budding child psychopath.
70. You never know what you can do with a lot of gift bows.
Well, a red present dress is one idea. Still, wonder if she’ll freeze in it since it doesn’t seem to accommodate cold weather.
71. A garland around yourself makes just as good a Christmas tree as anything.
You can even decorate it any way you please. But please, make sure you take your Santa hat with you.
72. This Christmas tree has a foot in each present.
Still, at least he feels secure dressed as one. Think it’s kind of funny, actually.
73. In this elf costume, you can just prance in your suspenders.
Yes, I know not many people wear suspenders these days. But this guy seems jolly.
74. I think their pajamas might need fixed.
Okay, the bare butts are in as a joke and aren’t real. Either way, you shouldn’t touch them.
75. For SantaCon, this guy came prepared.
Since he dressed up as milk and cookies. Then again, he may not have enough to go around.
76. You’ve heard about making a gingerbread house. How about dressing like one?
Yes, they may be a bit boxy at times. But you have to like how they’re decorated with candy.
77. These elves come with extra eye protection.
Guess they’re test drivers for Santa’s sleigh at the North Pole. That might explain a lot.
78. Given his workload on Christmas Eve, it’s no wonder Santa doesn’t look forward to Christmas sometimes.
This costume has “Bah! Humbug!” on the hat. As if Santa didn’t have more to worry about.
79. Now that’s a strange Christmas tree.
Because it doesn’t seem to resemble one. More like a badly decorated shrub.
80. Look who just came in from Whoville.
Yes, the Whos seem to have some interesting styles, especially on Christmas. But I couldn’t leave these two out.