Now that it’s fall, it’s the season for scarecrows. Though I’m not sure if any of these can actually scare crows away from your garden vegetables or crops. Or at least once the birds pick at it and realize it’s just a mere figure of straw and old clothes that doesn’t do much of anything. Yet, people still make them anyway for their fall décor. There are even contests. Most of these consists of a mannequin dressed in old clothes and stuffed with straw. Yet, you’ll find a few made of metal and other materials. Some don’t even have clothes on at all. Of course, some people decide to get creative with these guys. So some of them can be well beyond the farmer image we’re used to. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of delightful scarecrows for the fall.
- Birds better watch out for this woman in black.
Indeed, she has red hair. Yet, she could be a witch for all you know.
2. There’s nothing like an afternoon tea in the garden.
Each lady has a bouquet of flowers on her lap. Also, love their hats.
3. I guess his name is either “Buckethead” or “Metalman.”
Well, he has a bucket for a head. But his trunk mostly consists of a trash can. While his limbs are air pipes.
4. Sometimes you don’t need an old skirt if straw will do.
The only clothing she has is a shawl full of holes. Yet, you have to like her straw dress and hat.
5. Have room for an old crow?
This one has a crow head. While crows are normally sharp, this one doesn’t have a lot of fashion sense.
6. You will be delighted with this happy chef.
He’s made out of straw in a chef’s outfit. Yet, you won’t find him in any restaurant kitchen.
7. “Yer a wizard, Harry.”
These are Harry Potter and Hagrid. Yet, the Hagrid one kind of gives the creeps. Since he comes off as a frightening cult leader.
8. This woman has a rather colorful disposition.
She has a rather loud coat draping her outfit. Yet, I love her hat the best.
9. You can’t doubt her flower power.
She’s wearing a flower skirt with a flower sash and scarf. She even has flower eyes.
10. I have to admit, her skirt is quite trashy.
Okay, her skirt is a trash can and chicken wire. Yet, her head is a real can.
11. “I call this number, ‘Pumpkin Spice Blues.'”
Just a scarecrow with a guitar. You’d almost think he’s actually singing.
12. This gardener is all tin cans.
Seems more tin man than the Tin Man. And you don’t even need oil for him either. Though he’s prone to rust.
13. All she wants to do is sit and knit.
Seems like she’s knitting a scarf. Yet, please don’t watch. Since it just seems weird.
14. This bonnie lass always loves tending her garden.
She wears a tam, kilt, boots, and a sweater. So she can tend in all kinds of weather.
15. Seems like this guy has gone to the pond.
He’s just sitting down with a hoe across his lap. Not sure what he’ll use it for.
16. Bet you didn’t see this little scarecrow.
She even carries her own security blanket. Though I’m sure this is made out of old clothes for small children.
17. Don’t mind her. She’s just taking notes.
She’s supposed to be a schoolgirl. Even has her own desk. So cute.
18. This pirate captain swings above his buried treasure.
And who’s popping out from the treasure chest? However, remember that real pirates don’t have buried treasure since they didn’t expect to live very long.
19. You can surmise that she’s kind of flat.
Well, she’s made from an ironing board with a pot head. And she’s holding a pot of flowers.
20. The flowers should always match the dress.
She has pink flowers on her hat while wearing a white dress with pink prints. I guess the hair is made of straw.
21. A straw hat goes well with a white dress.
She holds a basket of flowers and stands next to a flower wagon. Love her hat.
22. Well, this pothead is sitting pretty.
This guy’s has a potted plant for a head. Still, that suit is snazzy.
23. He’s just a guy on top of his horse.
Yes, that horse is made out of straw, too. And the guy has a jack-o-lantern had.
24. Seems like this guy has quite the rabbit ears.
Interesting, his head is an old TV. And he has a bunny in hand.
25. Popeye always stays at port with his Olive Oyl.
Here they are in their cartoon glory. Popeye even has a can of spinach.
26. Didn’t think I’d see a cowboy on his own lawn.
Kind of reminds me of Woody from Toy Story for some reason. By the way, the gray cloth things are either guns or hands.
27. Guess he’s a goalie for H.E. Double Hockey Sticks.
He’s supposed to be an undead hockey player. Though he will only skate when hell freezes over.
28. You’d almost think they’re well-dressed country bears.
They’re bear scarecrows in suits. Love their hats. So adorable.
29. With Tinkerbell’s fairy dust, Peter Pan can fly.
Yet, Peter Pan is a really creepy story. Yet, this is a good likeness.
30. This guy’s rather sunny.
He’s dressed in white with Easter eggs in front of him. But you have to love his sunflower mane.
31. Sometimes you got to make a big impression.
Well, a giant scarecrow will certainly scare the birds away. Despite that he seems kind of friendly if you ask me.
32. Apparently, this orange man’s about to go on a Twitter rant.
Yes, that’s an angry pumpkin-headed Donald Trump screaming over not getting his way, again. Complete with tiny doll hands. This is perfect.
33. There’s something divine about this broom angel.
She has her halo and wings. While she demonstrates her hospitality through a fan.
34. This seems like a job for Sir Pumpkinhead.
You’d think they’d have a scarecrow Renaissance Festival with this guy. Yet, he’s not wearing a helmet.
35. How much longer do you think this guy will stay on the fence?
This is a Humpty Dumpty scarecrow. But when he falls, you can’t put him back together again.
36. Hope you don’t bale on this scarecrow.
He’s made out of hay. Has bales for a head and body. Square bales for arms.
37. You’d be board if you don’t view this lady in red.
Well, she’s made out of wood planks. But she carries a fork and birdhouse just the same.
38. She comes outside in her straw hat and blue raincoat.
And here she’s on the side of the road with yellow flowers in her hands. Still, she’s so lovely.
39. This scarecrow’s sawing logs.
And he’s using am manual saw. Mostly because you wouldn’t use a chainsaw in a scarecrow display.
40. Even a fall bride should have a sensational gown.
Wonder if that’s an old wedding dress. Wouldn’t be surprise. But her head is a pumpkin.
41. Hope you enjoy this scarecrow clown.
On second thought, he’s kind of creepy. Wonder if he can give Pennywise a run for his money.
42. They always wanted a seaside wedding.
Well, the seaside seems hardly picturesque. But the bride is exquisitely stunning.
43. You’d think she was a certified flower child.
She stands with high boots and shorts. While smiling as her long blond hair drapes onto her shoulders.
44. Strange to see promgoers during the daytime.
The three are under an umbrella. Wonder if those are actually prom dresses.
45. This scarecrow is all plastic.
Well, almost all plastic. But everything about him is recycled for sure.
46. “Open wide.”
Fittingly enough these dentist scarecrows are in front of a dentist office. Guess they want to drum up business.
47. Nobody can resist a girl with an umbrella skirt.
Her skirt is even embroidered with flowers and butterflies. She also wears a hat of leaves.
48. This scarecrow is all pots.
This one has a flower pot body with straw at the edges. Love the straw headdress.
49. Perhaps you might want to meet a lady from under the sea.
She’s supposed to be Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Or at least inspired by her. Yet, her hair has seashells while her fish tail is covered with CD scales.
50. There’s nothing like hanging out at Snoopy’s doghouse.
This is a scarecrow display of Peanuts. Yet, Charlie Brown wears a prize ribbon. Must’ve impressed the judges enough.
51. This wooden lady’s got a flower pot in each hand.
Here she holds them high though the plants are dying. Still, she rocks that straw hat.
52. Heard this guy was quite the rake.
Well, a green rake with autumn leaves. But he’s adorable just the same with his sunflower eyes.
53. Looks like he’s struck out with the baseball in his mouth.
This is from Disneyland in California, by the way. And yes, he plays for the Scarecrows.
54. This scarecrow has gone to the next hole.
Not sure how he’s doing. But at least he’s not golfing at a Trump property.
55. Apparently, the news seems to be on the Dark Side.
Had to put a Darth Vade scarecrow at some point. The cape is made out of a trash bag, by the way.
56. With him, there are always springs attached.
Since he mainly consists of a mattress frame. I’m sure he’ll scare the crows in the patch.
57. Apparently, this pickup truck has gone haywire.
But don’t worry, a straw mechanic is on the job. Sure his head is made of pumpkin, but you get that.
58. You have to love a dad who goes out with his kids.
Here he’s with his kids dressed in their costumes. Though he and his older son are real jug heads.
59. Apparently, Gulliver has 99 problems at Liliput.
This is a takeoff of Gulliver’s Travels. Yet, you have to admire whoever managed to pull this display off.
60. Got phone problems? This guy’s on the job.
Though he’s not on a telephone pole. Yet, this is quite amazing to see.
61. She’s just as simple country girl of the dirt.
She wears a gingham dress and apron with a straw hat. And she brings her own gardening gloves.
62. These undead Mexicans are in the mood for some tequila.
Bet this is to commemorate Dia de los Muertos. Love the roses in their mouths.
63. “Quoth the scarecrow, ‘Nevermore.'”
Yes, Edgar Allan Scarepoe himself. Comes with a raven and tell-tale heart per his stories.
64. Don’t mind the old lady and her pink camel.
Indeed, it’s quite cartoonish looking with the woman’s long nose. But it’s quite original and clever that she won a prize.
65. These scarecrows know that fall is leaf raking time.
And they got the rakes out and are ready to roll. Yet, one rides in the wheelbarrow.
66. He’d like to try some Alpine skiing.
Though I’m not sure if that’s feasible. Since skiing is a winter activity.
67. You’d expect these ladies to sing their hearts out.
They’re a scarecrow chorus. Choir robes and all.
68. Seems like this wedding is a rather straw occasion.
This is a take off for the royal wedding. Not sure if it’s for Prince William or Prince Harry though.
69. “Badges? We don’t need no stinkin’ badges!”
Well, they’re supposed to be Mexican banditos. And their sombreros are made of straw.
70. Guess we got a pothead family on our hands.
Guess the pots run in the family. Yet, their hair goes in all directions.
71. Bet these scarecrows make you want to rock and roll all night.
They’re KISS scarecrows. Each one has a white pumpkin head with their face on it.
72. This Mexican lady has looks to die for.
Well, she is kind of dead as you can see. Since she’s a scarecrow for Dia de los Muertos.
73. Nothing beats roasting marshmallows at the campfire.
These are just Boy Scouts camping. But they seem to have good time.
74. You wouldn’t like this scarecrow when he’s angry.
This is a scarecrow Hulk. And yes, his shirt is ripped and bursting with straw.
75. Anyone would love to see an autumn fairy in the garden.
She’s decked in a tie-dye dress of autumn colors. And wears a mask of gold with a leaf crown.
76. Dracula wants to suck her blood.
Yet, he seems quite alive in the daytime. Thought vampires hate the sun.
77. You’ll have no worries with this scarecrow.
Well, it’s supposed to be a scarecrow of Simba from The Lion King. His mane is made of yarn.
78. She’s just getting her hair done at the salon.
Here she sits with curlers in her hair. While her locks are blow dried.
79. This activist wants you to save the pumpkins.
Well, she’s for breast cancer awareness. The pumpkins are boobs.
80. With scarecrows like these, you’d want to say, “cowabunga!”
These are scarecrow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And yes, they come with pizza.