As a presenter in this year’s Prestigious Film Awards, I present the award for Best Picture. So will it be the Movie Critics Love But Viewers Don’t, The Hit Indie That Should Win But Won’t, The Really Good Film Everyone Likes But Won’t Win, Some Expensive Period Piece That Your Mom Likes, Mediocre Fluff Everyone Seems to Like But You, The Indie Film Nobody Watched, Some War Movie Your Dad Likes, The Artistic Movie Nobody Gets, and Some Expensive Period Piece with Awesome Costumes.
Sure I know I’m a bit late doing a DIY Costume post for this year. But I had a long time trying to decide a costume for myself before settling with Award show presenter. And you can see how I mocked the shit of that construct since I’ve spent some years dissatisfied over Oscar Best Picture Winners. Nevertheless, while buying a Halloween costume at a store might be a quick solution if you need something ready made, the choices might not provide what you have in mind. Particularly if the women’s costumes mostly consist of what a stripper would wear. Though making your own costume might be quite time consuming, but you can always get creative. After all, if you can use stuff at home, the possibilities are endless. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of costumes people have made themselves for Halloween.
- A wrap sandwich makes a perfect first Halloween costume for a small baby.
Apparently, this contains bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Like the baby’s little mustache, too.
2. Give a boy a skirt, spear, and cape, and he’ll be ready to join his legion.
Well, at least he’s not a Spartan from 300. On the other hand, Roman soldiers and gladiators didn’t wear T-shirts.
3. The Green Bay Packers have taken the field.
And this boy dressed as the field. Guess he thought wearing a jersey as his favorite player was done to death.
4. Don’t really see how he pull out that rabbit.
Then again, it’s a couple’s costume idea of magician and rabbit. Though at least the woman didn’t dress up as the lovely assistant who gets sawed in half.
5. “So what should I steal today?”
She’s dressed as Carmen San Diego. Sure she may steal the world’s treasures but she taught a generation geography.
6. I’m sure you’ll get a real Hawaiian Punch here.
You see, she’s a hula dancer. He’s a boxer. So that’s how you get Hawaiian Punch. Okay, it’s a pun.
7. You can always recognize Bjork by her swan costume.
Though the Icelandic singer wears all kinds of outlandish outfits. But the swan costume defines her.
8. Seems like this little guy takes eliminating critters seriously.
Actually this is a costume set of an exterminator and a mouse. But you have to like the trap on the wagon.
9. Apparently, it rains wherever this kid goes.
This little girl is a rain cloud. Let’s hope she doesn’t have a thunderstorm this Halloween.
10. This little lady wants you to keep in shape.
Guess she’s supposed to be an aerobics instructor from the 1980s. Also has a little cardboard boom box she uses as a basket.
11. If you loved the 1960s, you might enjoy Sonny and Cher.
Sure they might love each other now. But keep in mind that Sonny wasn’t a very nice guy. And that Cher had a very good reason for dumping his ass.
12. These two seem to be getting on in their golden years.
Okay, they’re not senior citizens. But at least they have a costume you can do within minutes.
13. I don’t think these two are compatible.
If you understand, he’s the 1% who get all the money. She’s the 99% who’s not happy about it.
14. This little girl knows she’s a freaking ray of sunshine.
As you can see, she’s Little Miss Sunshine. Because she has a sun crown and a sun on her dress.
15. Viking families always stay together.
Also they didn’t wear horned helmets. And I guess the baby’s a small dragon.
16. If you like Clash of the Titans, you might want to dress up as Perseus and Medusa.
Unfortunately he’ll be absolutely petrified if he takes a look at her. And if he doesn’t, she’ll lose her head he’ll later use as a weapon.
17. These ladies aren’t shy about cheap wine.
They’re all dressed up as box of wine. Because let’s just say expensive bottled wine is overrated.
18. If you love Twin Peaks, you have to check out this mother and baby costume.
This is the log lady who’s one of the better known characters from that show. And yes, that baby is a log.
19. “I’ll be Bach.”
As in Johann Sebastian Bach, the famous 17th-18th century composer. Or is he supposed to be Sir Isaac Newton who discovered the basic laws of physics? Either way, you have to love the wig made from toilet rolls.
20. Is it somebody’s birthday today?
Well, she’s a 3 tier birthday cake. She’s doused in pink icing with sprinkles all over.
21. How about a nice bubble bath?
She even has a rubber duckie and a shower cap. Also, the bubbles mostly consist of cotton balls.
22. She’s certainly as pretty as a peacock.
Though to be fair, peacocks are guys in the animal world. Nevertheless, love the feather train.
23. Bob Ross debuts his latest masterpiece.
As you see, she’s a picture of a happy little tree. Still, Bob Ross has been dead since the 1990s.
24. This boy is a born Deere.
Well, at least he’s wearing plaid and overalls. Still, love the green thresher.
25. “Steph, you’re the next contestant on The Price Is Right.”
I guess she’ll definitely get that new dinette set. Still, this is a pretty easy costume to do.
26. Hide your pooch when she comes to town.
Still, this is a very convincing Cruella de Vil costume. But if you have 4 legs and a tail, she’ll give you nightmares.
27. For some reason, chicks seem to take to him.
He’s supposed to be a chick magnet. Get it? I mean he has a magnet with chicks on it.
28. Where would kids be without Ms. Frizzle and the Magic School Bus?
This is a couple’s costume. Still, Ms. Frizzle may want her kids to learn science. But safety isn’t her highest priority.
29. You’d almost think this boy was made out of plastic.
If he was smaller, you’d think he’s a real plastic army guy. Wonder how he moves around though.
30. Why play with Play Doh when you can be Play Doh?
And it seems these two won a costume contest. Simple to make yet effective.
31. Check out this iPhone 6.
And yes, he has all the apps. Sure he may not be the latest model. But you’d buy him anyway.
32. Robbing a bank is as easy as taking candy from a baby.
Okay, robbing a bank isn’t easy. But this daddy and baby costume will just steal your heart.
33. You’d certainly flee from this little Jigsaw.
He’s from the popular Saw horror movie franchise. He may be a toddler but he’s menacing on his tricycle.
34. Someone must’ve been through strong winds.
Relax, it’s just a costume. But you have to admire this guy’s windy effort.
35. I’m sure she’s got a pretty head you’d want to mount on your wall.
I know some might see it poor taste. But you have to admire her creativity.
36. Not sure if this little guy is ready for a six pack yet.
This is a mother and baby Jersey Shore. Mother is supposed to be Snookie. Boy is meant to be the Situation, I think.
37. Care for some Pilsbury toaster strudel?
This kid’s dressed in lederhozen. And all for a school Halloween parade.
38. Do you remember the Sony Walkman?
And I suppose his costume is made out of cardboard. Like the headphones though.
39. Ellen Ripley’s had it with chest bursting aliens.
You can guess this is a parent and child costume. And yes, the baby is Ellen Ripley from Alien.
40. If you can’t be 007, how about the next best thing?
Yes, he’s a James Bond Nintendo game. Can you get more awesome than that?
41. In a few decades, we’ll laugh at this awkward picture.
You know Awkward Family Photos? This woman is dressed like one and includes the background.
42. Remember Chat Roulette? Apparently, this guy does.
And you can see why it didn’t catch on. Because men on there often exposed themselves.
43. Not sure if you’d call this girl a happy little tree.
She’s even covered with leaves from her head to her shirt. But at least she’s not decked like Stanford’s mascot.
44. Want to enjoy a jolly holiday with Mary?
Here’s Mary Poppins and Bert. If you love proper singing and penguins waiting on you, these are perfect.
45. “Run, Forrest, run!”
He’s supposed to be Forrest Gump when he’s running around the country. Even has the mud smiley face on his shirt.
46. Firefox embraces the world.
Yes, she’s a web browser. Used to use it but don’t anymore since 2015.
47. Want to hear your fortune?
Very convincing costume if you ask me. But I’m sure you won’t see much insight in her crystal ball.
48. Instead of hastagging your Halloween costume, why not dress as one?
At one point, you wouldn’t see much of her. Now she’s everywhere on the Internet.
49. You’d swear it’s raining cats and dogs.
In her case, you can say literally. Like the plushies on her umbrella.
50. If you have problems with aliens, call these guys.
This one just requires a black suit and tie. And you can customize.
51. You wouldn’t believe what this mime has to tell you.
Though you wouldn’t know since mimes are silent. But watch him feel a wall out of thin air.
52. Many might view her a priceless work of art.
She’s a Monet by the way. And no, she’s not cheap in the least.
53. You’d almost say “oh, dear” or “holy cow” with these two.
These two are pun costumes. Deer can’t do much. But the cow has a halo and wings.
54. On Halloween, this pooch is basically Thanksgiving dinner.
Yes, this retriever’s dressed as roast turkey. Not sure why but I’m not sure if I’d want pet owners getting ideas.
55. This Rosie the Riveter could get the job done.
You’ve seen the WWII poster to call women to work in the factories. Today, Rosie’s a feminist icon.
56. Hope she can put on a show for you.
Though she doesn’t resemble any showgirl from Las Vegas. Still, this is a rather creative costume.
57. You’d find it impossible to leave her part of the universe.
She’s basically the solar system. Those styrofoam balls are the planets and the sun. She has the moon on her headband.
58. Does this taco dog come in a hot or soft shell?
Yes, this another dog costume of food. Though the filling and shell sure suit it find.
59. Here is a self-portrait of a true artist.
This kid is a self-portrait of Vincent Van Gogh. Hope he makes an impression on you.
60. Any kid will feel welcome at camp with these two counselors.
Seems these camp counselor costumes don’t require much. Just shorts, shirt, clipboard, sneakers, and headbands.
61. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Smores.
Parents are graham crackers. Kids are chocolate and marshmallow. Wagon is the fire.
62. Someone wants to take this grouch.
Sure it’s Oscar and the garbage person isn’t a character on Sesame Street. But this is adorable.
63. You’d be impressed by these jellyfish.
These two might look graceful. But their stings will hurt like hell and possibly kill you.
64. “Hello, this is Jake from State Farm.”
And he’s wearing khakis. Nevertheless, like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.
65. Bet you’ve never seen a whip or nae nae like this before.
One is whipped cream. The other is a horse since it neighs. Yes, I know it’s crazy but this couple’s costume is hilarious.
66. Bet you want some of her for the movies.
She’s movie popcorn by the way. And yes, she’s probably more expensive than the regular stuff.
67. Here Steve Irwin goes hunting for crocodiles.
Sad to see that Steve Irwin’s no longer with us thanks to a sting ray. But this is a fitting tribute.
68. Anyone would want this little gnome for their garden.
He even has a fake beard and hat. Got to love his little outfit. So cute.
69. You’d almost think he’s not quite put together.
Not sure how this works. But you have to like how it seems his legs are detached from his chest.
70. He may be small but he’s filled with infinite wisdom.
This baby’s dressed as the Dalai Lama. Funny, how the real guy wasn’t much older when he became the Dalai Lama back in the 1930s.
71. Seems like this big game hunter has quite a collection.
Normally I abhor trophy hunting. But this costume idea is simply spectacular.
72. “In an old house in Paris that was covered in vines…”
The redhead one is Madeline by the way. Also, one of them might be a guy.
73. Kids in the 1980s might want to dress up as these Care Bears.
Some of them have their own Care Bear plushies with them. Still, these are fairly easy to do whether you’re by yourself or with a group.
74. Nothing will ever scare this crow.
He just wants to fly, eat dead animals, and avoid cars. Like the beak.
75. The hunter always goes out of his way to catch his deer.
He’s clad in camo. She has ears and a fur vest. But we all know this doesn’t end well.
76. Every guy ogles at the alluring Jessica Rabbit.
She may be pretty. But she prefers men with long ears and a fluffy tail.
77. If you’re Hindu, try this Kali costume on for size.
Not sure if it’s offensive. But if you can pull off a costume involving multiple pairs of appendages, that’s impressive.
78. Who can be scared of this little werewolf?
Okay, she might be quite fierce. But she’s so adorable, she’s scary.
79. With these ladies, each can fit inside the other.
Okay, maybe not. But since they’re dressed as Russian nesting dolls, they all seem the same.
80. Want anything from these 1950s waitresses?
Of course, they must have a lot of energy to serve people. Got to love the neck scarves.
81. Apparently, it’s laundry day here.
The kids are washing machines and baskets. The moms are detergent. Not sure about the old lady.
82. You’ll find a rainbow spectrum with these M&Ms.
Except rainbow M&Ms don’t really exist. But these are great.
83. Hope you can get alone with this cupcake.
She’s covered with white icing and sprinkles. And she’s wearing a cherry on top.
84. Nobody can resist this little Mr. Peanut.
You have the baby Planter’s Peanut mascot right here. Kind of wish they added his little monocle. But that’s okay.
85. You might want to keep away from the poop factory.
That’s pretty clever even if it’s slightly denigrating on the dog. Nonetheless, it’s a hit.
86. These two kids are going into the deep blue sea.
You can use bottles for the oxygen tanks. But instead of sea treasure, they’ll just bring back candy from trick or treating.
87. For those who fall and can’t get up, it’s Life Alert to the rescue.
Because nothing will get the ambulance to your home like Life Alert. Though this is only a demonstration.
88. Sometimes you just need a tag for the whole thing.
Now this dog is a beanie baby. You see, simple as that.
89. Seems like we have a cereal killer on the loose.
He goes everywhere stabbing cereals all over the place. Stop the carnage.
90. This man literally thinks he’s God’s gift to women.
So much he’s got himself gift wrapped to show it. Still, this is hilarious.
91. Apparently some creep has taken this girl’s head.
Don’t worry, this is just a costume. She’s alive and well. But yes, it freaks you out.
92. Say hello to Pat Sajak from Wheel of Fortune.
The wheel is an umbrella while the board is a bag saying “Trick or Treat.” So cute.
93. See this skydiver make a descent.
This is another parent and baby costume. The baby’s the aviator. The parent is the sky.
94. Hope you survive a brush with death.
Yes, that’s supposed to be Death with a large toothbrush. Still, this is clever.
95. You can always shine as a swan.
Her swan costume even lights up in the dark. Got to adore he wings and mask here.
96. You can always be a guest to Lumiere and Cogsworth.
Sure they’re girls. But you have to love how they’re dressed as the beloved clock and candelabra.
97. With these two, it’s totally surreal.
That’s Frida Kahlo and Salvador Dali. One was a prominent Mexican artists known for her self-portraits. The other’s a weird Spanish dude known for melting clocks.
98. It’s all in the cards with these king and queens.
Yes, they’re all cards. Consists of the King of Hearts and all 4 queens.
99. Perhaps you might enjoy this Christmas angel.
Well, she’s on top of the tree. Though it’s only October.
100. Made possible by the magic of Dream Works.
You can see how she lights up with the moon. Hope this makes Stephen Spielberg proud.