Since the very advent of modern humans, people have strung beads for ornamentation mostly for jewelry and other personal adornments as well as wall hangings, embroidered decoration, and even sculpture. Yet, they’ve also been used for religious purposes, good luck charms, curative agents, and for trade. Since they’re usually made from a variety of durable materials from all shapes, sizes, designs, and colors, they often survive in the archaeological record. Almost every culture in the world has their own form of beadwork with Native American styles being among the most well-known. Though to be fair, Native American beadwork as we know it didn’t develop until the Europeans introduced glass beads. A lot of African and Pacific Island cultures are identified with using beadwork as well. Today modern beadwork is often seen as a creative hobby to create jewelry, purses, coasters, and dozens of other crafts which can range in varying levels of difficulty and specialization. Nevertheless, you’d find plenty of bead crafts on Pinterest which can be quite elaborate and beyond a normal beader’s expertise. So for your reading pleasure, I give you a treasure trove of all the things people have done with beads.
- You can create a pretty picture with shiny Mardi Gras beads.
Though Mardi Gras beads normally come in gold, green, and purple. But the flower is certainly stunning.
2. A white beaded peacock always makes an impression.
There’s a whole range of these kind of birds on Pinterest from Eastern Europe. Still, it’s lovely.
3. It would be wise to go with an owl pendant.
Apparently, birds are a common motif. But I love how the pearl beads on this one.
4. Didn’t know you could uses beads on baskets.
Then again, it’s standard practice in a lot of places in Africa. Nevertheless, it’s quite an elaborate piece.
5. Strung pearls will certainly enhance any pocket watch.
Yes, it’s a watch cover. Or maybe it’s a purse cover since most of us don’t use pocket watches anymore. Either way, doesn’t seem to come cheap.
6. There’s nothing more chic than Ancient Egyptian style scarab necklace.
Yes, scarabs did have a sacred place in Ancient Egypt. But Ancient Egyptians usually wore beaded collars instead of necklaces as far as I know.
7. This beaded dragon pin can fit in the palm of your hand.
Yes, you can create cool dragons with beads. This little guy may be tiny. But it is fierce.
8. With enough beads and artisty, you can create a flowery tapestry.
Flowers are another common motif in beadwork as you can see in this embroidered masterpiece. And yes, you’ll see more of these displays.
9. Beaded animals can come in a variety of patterns.
I bet these are probably African but I’m not so sure. Because you can’t always tell by the pattern.
10. Light beads seem to have a certain elegance on necklaces.
Still, I’ve seen a lot of elaborate bead necklaces a normal person wouldn’t wear. But this one is quite modest and is not among them.
11. You’d almost mistake this beaded iris for the real thing.
Actually not. But it certainly bears a very close resemblance to one. And certainly fits well in a vase.
12. There’s no better beaded flower to adorn yourself with than a purple rose.
These are lovely. Though I’m not sure whether I’d want to wear these if I had them.
13. Never thought I’d see a beaded car before.
This one makes a lot of hippie Volkswagen Beetles look plain by comparison. But it’s in the Huichol style from Mexico.
14. It should go without saying to use beads for wind chimes and other garden decoration.
These beads dangle like they’re bright stones in the sky. Must be dazzling on sunny days.
15. Now that’s a weird looking bird statue.
Yes, this one has an owl body and a doll head. Don’t ask me why someone created this. Because I have no idea.
16. Black and white flowers could never be better intertwined.
Even their stems and leaves are in such respective colors. Love the gold on the petals.
17. This beaded tidal wave is a magnificent sight to see.
You’d almost swear it’s a painting. Love how the beads shine in this. So pretty.
18. Nothing looks better in your home than a beaded pink orchid.
And you don’t have to worry about watering it. Nor would you have to worry about throwing it out after some time.
19. You can’t resist this funky owl.
Yes, this beaded owl sure seems out of a psychedelic acid trip. But it’s certainly a hoot.
20. Sometimes natural rock beads make great jewelry pendants.
Though I’d prefer a more symmetrical design. But this set looks quite cool. Though I’d never buy it.
21. Light green beads have a certain shimmering quality.
Light green isn’t a favorite color of mine. In fact, far from it. But this necklace is quite stunning.
22. A beaded dragonfly can have as many stones as you want.
There seems to be a lot of turquoise here. Much fancier than I could see in a normal dragonfly.
23. Never have a come across an old fashioned camera in funky colors.
The camera is a brownie box which was among the first user friendly cameras of its day. But the beaded colors are awesome here.
24. I’m sure you can’t hold water in a beaded vase.
Then again, it’s most likely for decoration anyway. So make sure you put beaded flowers in it to match.
25. With the right color configuration, beaded jewelry can make a lasting impression.
I guess this is in the peacock motif. Love the dazzling blue beads near the pendants.
26. What the hell is that thing with the penguin?
I don’t have the slightest idea. But this is certainly a captivating scene to me.
27. How about a necklace in a Celtic design?
Well, it certainly has a Celtic look to it. But whether my ancestors wore something like this or not is a mystery.
28. Seems like this sink is full of dishes.
Actually it’s more of a beaded display. But you’d almost think it was in your house, would you?
29. Cameos always make fine centers on a distinguished necklace.
Well, this necklace is fancy. Love the beads on this. So beautiful. Love it.
30. This pin almost resembles a medal.
Well, if it wasn’t made of beads, that is. But it’s a nice one to put on the collar or coat.
31. There’s nothing about this little bird pin you can’t resist.
I’m sure a sweet little bird would go quite well on your shirt. So adorable.
32. A long necklace pendant can certainly dazzle.
Love the jewels on this one, especially if they’re purple. Though might weigh someone down if worn.
33. A pendant should always match the string.
This necklace has a bright green beaded pendant. Not sure what style it is, but it’s not bad.
34. A beaded fish appears magical in a beaded ocean.
Well, ocean motifs have to be quite common in beadwork. But this looks especially stunning.
35. You’d almost think a pearl was in this beaded shell.
Well, it kind of is. But it has a spectacular shiny shell to matched lined with gold. Lovely.
36. Complete a peacock look with this necklace.
But understand that the feather top can dangle. But it’s rather impressive.
37. I’m sure this beaded serpent can fit around your wrist.
Well, it certainly looks kind of cool. But I think wearing it can weigh you down. Still, looks fierce.
38. You’d certainly want to find this beaded blue moth in your jewelry box.
Yes, it’s a moth because it’s fuzzy and has a elongated wingspan. But it’s prettier than a live one.
39. Never thought I’d see a funky doll like this.
She has a beaded body of many designs and hair of 3 different colors. Not sure what I’d think if I ran into her.
40. You’d almost think this necklace is leafy green.
Almost seems like something you’d see an Elf wearing in Lord of the Rings. Yet, it has a rather nature fantasy ring to it.
41. How about a peacock around your neck?
Well, the peacock necklace is rather original. And it doesn’t hurt that it’s part of a set.
42. If you want style, then this purple beaded necklace can suit your fancy.
Wouldn’t mind wearing this. Love the purple with the gold. Not sure about the green jewel pendant.
43. Beaded flowers always look stunning on any embroidered tapestry.
Though this is more of the table runner variety than the last one I showed. But the flowers are nonetheless lovely.
44. These pearls fit like peas in these gold pods.
Though the pods are also made from beads. Still, not really my cup of tea but the design is clever.
45. An aquamarine pin always stuns on any occasion.
This is in a leaf shape with a jewel. But you can’t help but adore it. So pretty.
46. You can’t take your eyes on this floral purse.
Well, this one is as flowery as it’s fancy. Love the flowers on it. Though wouldn’t want to carry that around with me.
47. Speaking of flowers, get a load on this floral necklace.
Though I don’t really care for the light green leaves. But the flowers on this are simply beautiful.
48. You’d never this was of a beaded lily pond.
But yes, it’s an artistic rendition of a lily pond made of beads. Though I’d understand if you think it’s a painting.
49. This beaded Asian temple tapestry almost brings you to another world.
Not sure if it’s supposed to be Chinese or from any other East Asian nation. But it certainly has an Asian feel.
50. Wonder who this beaded lady is supposed to be.
Seems like she’s a superhero of some sort. Yet, I’m not sure who. But she’s definitely not Wonder Woman.
51. Behold the beaded bear claw on this necklace.
This is in a Native American style. Yet, it also uses all the colors of the rainbow.
52. You’ll always look chic wearing a purple beaded shawl.
Though I guess it’s only for personal adornment. So beautiful. Love it.
53. Here we come to a dazzling dragon guarding her eggs.
Keep in mind that in folklore, female dragons are always more dangerous than the males. This is especially the case when she has eggs or young.
54. You’d almost think this pink beaded tree has come to spring blossom.
Reminds me of a tree you’d see from Dr. Seuss. Though I saw a lot of beaded trees on Pinterest.
55. A fancy purse should have a bright floral design.
Of course, this purse wouldn’t come cheap if you saw it at the mall. But I love the fancy design.
56. This beaded book cover leaves much to the imagination.
Who’s going to bet that the cover depicts what the book is actually about? Best you not judge by the cover.
57. There’s nothing more resplendent than a beaded headdress with peacock feathers.
This one appears to be made for a queen. Love the beautiful beadwork. So stunning.
58. A small beaded purple bird is one you never forget.
Well, it’s not all beaded. Yet, you have to admire the wings and tail feathers.
59. There’s something slitheringly stylish about this cobra necklace.
Another Ancient Egyptian style necklace. Not period true, but I do love the dangling beads on the edge.
60. Perhaps you might want to dry this dangling bead outfit?
Seems like something you’d see in a Victoria’s Secret fashion show. Lovely but not something most people would wear.
61. A bejeweled necklace is an adornment of unique elegance.
Well, this is dazzling. Such a lovely design with so many color jewels. Pretty.
62. Sometimes a simple bracelet can do the trick.
This beaded bracelet has purple jewels and beads to match. And it’s all lined with gold.
63. When working with large stone beads, perhaps some smaller ones can fill in the details.
This one seems like you’d wear it for a party. But the large blue stones and the gold bead leaves make a wonderful combination.
64. Bet you never came across a flower basket like this before.
Well, the flowers and butterfly are made from beads. So you don’t have to worry about them wilting or flying away.
65. You can never have enough jewels on a beaded necklace like this.
You’d think to wear this one at a fancy dress ball. Has a certain elegance to it. But might weigh you down.
66. Wearing this dragon necklace might let you enter in a blaze of fire.
Helps if it has a yellow jewel encrusted as its belly. Love how it spreads its wings.
67. A beaded Blue Heron can look magnificent in the sky.
After all, with beads and wires, who knows what you can make. So lovely.
68. For more formal occasions, you might want to wear this necklace.
This one has a lot of beads dripping and pendant down to the stomach. Beautiful but not something I might want to wear.
69. Grace your home with this floral beaded vase.
Perhaps a floral motif is rather fitting. The color scheme on this one isn’t that bad either.
70. This beaded necklace is certainly seaworthy.
It has a turquoise shell in the front. Yet, I have to admit it can use a few pearls.
71. For the spring, you might want to wear this blue butterfly necklace.
Now this is quite dazzling. Love the wings spread out. So pretty.
72. Didn’t know that a weeping willow sprouted pink flowers.
I don’t think it does. And I don’t think it’s a willow. But it’s sure stunning to behold.
73. This scarab necklace is certainly festive.
Not sure if it’s Ancient Egyptian in style. But I’m sure it can be seen for miles.
74. A dragon fly pin should shimmer in vivid color.
Well, it certainly gives an impression. Love the wings. So pretty.
75. How about a beaded birch in autumn?
It’s a birch tree all right. And I guess the beaded leaves are a yellowish brown. More naturalistic than the pink trees though.
76. If you’re not a pink tree fan, perhaps try blue.
Yes, this a blue bead tree. Not sure what’s supposed to be specifically. But goes nicely with the pink ones.
77. A black and white beaded butterfly pin has a certain elegance.
Well, black and white stones, anyway. Still, wouldn’t mind wearing this on my coat.
78. There’s something twisted about this necklace.
Okay, it has a braided pendant design with the beads embroidered. But it can be particularly stunning if you ask me.
79. Perhaps you’d want a necklace reminding you of the night sky.
Well, it’s quite lovely in its own way. So I guess the tassel beads are the tree roots. Or are they the night sky.
80. Now that is one funky bird.
Not sure what that bird is supposed to be. But it sure leaves a colorful impression you won’t forget.
81. For emphasis, this red pin will do.
Resembles a jewel you might find at some royal ball. Almost seems like it costs a fortune.
82. A square purse should always be richly decorated.
Now that is a sensational purse. Love how it’s embroidered on purple. Wouldn’t mind having this.
83. How about a forest scene near the ocean?
Didn’t know you could find beadwork like this. Reminds me of a painting.
84. A necklace like this will make you as pretty as a peacock.
Yes, it’s a sensational peacock necklace. But it’s quite elaborate compared to the other ones I’ve shown. So pretty.
85. Wonder what the hell’s on that polar bear.
Think it’s supposed to depict a Native American story. Judging that it’s a polar bear, I’d say it pertains to a tribe in Alaska or Canada.
86. This dragonfly pin is set to stun.
And it has very fancy wings and tail. Love the purple jewel on it, too.
87. You’d swear this came from a medieval tapestry.
Well, they did do beaded tapestries in the Middle Ages. But this is a style rendition, not the real thing.
88. A bejeweled seashell dazzles on the shore.
Unlike the last beach necklace, this one even has pearls. Love it.
89. If you want to see a colorful deer, try this on for size.
Though don’t bet on finding deer like that in Mexico. At least outside some store. Still, very stunning.
90. If you want an elaborate collar necklace, suppose this can suit your fancy.
Well, certainly has a rather modernist style. Like the colors on it though.
91. This blue purse can really go with a beautiful ocean tide.
Well, it certainly has an elaborate design on it. Very pretty and very ornate.
92. You’d almost think you saw this necklace in a jewelry store.
Then again, it’s certainly the work of a skilled beader. Love the pearls on this though.
93. This beaded lamp post picture really lets the light in.
It uses golden beads as light in a dark background. Still, wouldn’t mind having this.
94. May the sun always shine upon you during your days.
And the sun here seems to have a face. Anyway, love the brilliant blue sky.
95. You can always stun in this black and white necklace.
Well, this is more of a necklace like one of the peacock ones. At any rate, it’s simply gorgeous.
96. There’s something really eye catching about this snake.
Also, holds an apple in its mouth. Though most snakes are carnivores. Then again, rule of symbolism is probably involved.
97. A necklace like this can simply shimmer with purple stones.
Man, I love purple. Wouldn’t mind wearing this. But it would weigh me down. So pretty.
98. A basket of pansies will certainly brighten your day.
Yes, it’s another flower basket. But I kind of like this one better. Perhaps it’s because the flowers are more ornate.
99. Shiny beads make a wondrous carousel scene.
You can’t resist imagery like this. Love the beautiful gold on the trim. So pretty.
100. I’m sure this flower basket will add some color to your life year round.
Yes, beaded flowers are wonderful. And you can’t help but love these. So pretty.