Look in any kitchen and you’re bound to find an array of pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other appliances kept in the cupboards. Of course, many of these exist for making various different kinds of food. Yes, I know cooking can be so complicated sometimes. But tune in to TV and you’ll find at least someone advertising the latest kitchen gadget to make preparing food easier. Same goes when you shop at a store. Nevertheless, whenever you need some kitchen gear, it’s best that you shop for stuff that can be used on as many kinds of food as possible. Or on food you cook the most. Because all that kitchen stuff takes up cupboard space as well as have to be washed. And some of that crap may just not be dishwasher safe. Still, among all those essential kitchen tools, gadgets, and appliances, you’ll come to some contraptions that seem to stand out. Some may be weird gadgets that might make your life easier. Some of them may look utterly ridiculous. And some may have a kind of novelty feel to them. But that’s where I come in. So for your reading pleasure, I give you a glimpse into the culinary world of kitchen crap. Enjoy.
- Keep track of your eggs with this egg minder.
This is an egg tray that syncs to your smart phone to tell you how many eggs you have and when they’re going bad. However, with this you’ll never be scrambled over your eggs again.
2. Why use a knife when you have the one-click butter cutter?
Just stick the butter in this contraption, press it over your bread, and you’re done. Easy.
3. With this toaster, you can now get your breakfast in one place.
This toaster is equipped with 4 slots and 2 sets of fryers for egg and ham. Now you don’t have to go between the toaster and stove.
4. Pasta knuckles can determine how much spaghetti you’ll need.
Yes, now you can use knuckles to measure pasta. However, these won’t help you in a fight.
5. There’s a Nessie in my soup.
This Loch Ness Monster soup ladle will create an unforgettable impression. And it even has feet to stand on.
6. In the future, even your liquid measuring cup will eventually go digital.
Includes a digital display to let you know how much is in it. Still, I hope this is waterproof so you can wash it.
7. A taco truck holder is a must for Taco Tuesday.
Now you don’t have to worry about falling tacos again. Though they’re likely to fall apart when you eat them.
8. Portion control pasta baskets only lets you cook with what you need.
Comes in a set of 4. Great for those who can’t seem to agree what kind of pasta to eat. Seriously, pasta is pasta. No matter its shape, its composition is always the same.
9. With this handle you can now pour milk straight from the carton.
Though buying milk by the gallon jug makes much more sense. Besides, they already have handles.
10. These clip on can drainers help get the water out of the can.
Such an amazingly simple device. Though it sometimes looks rather silly. Still, it’s probably essential for some.
11. A clip-on spoon rest will always come in handy.
Just put the clip on the pot and use it to hold your spoon, spatula, or other utensil. Available in many different colors.
12. With this corn scraper, you can have those kernels straight from the cob.
Though most of the time, eating the corn off the cob is preferable. Still, great if you have kids.
13. Never angst about removing strawberry stems and leaves with this huller.
Yeah, I know what it kind of looks like. But it is what it is. And in bright red, too.
14. A double dough rolling pin consists of two rollers for the price of one.
So how are we supposed to roll dough with this. At least a regular rolling pin has handles.
15. Making veggie pasta is always easy with this slicer cone.
Put the veggies in and turn it around until it’s all spirals. Wonder if it can do much else.
16. Be a badass in the kitchen with these shark oven mitts.
Because nothing makes you look badass like having a shark bite off your hand. Available in black and gray.
17. Now you can sharpen your carrots like you sharpen your pencil.
Yes, it’s a giant pencil sharpener for carrots. Don’t ask me why it exists. But it gets the job done.
18. A digital mixing bowl helps you make a cake in the future.
Interestingly, it’s called Smart Mix and comes with a spoon. Hope the timer tells me how long I need to stir and how many times.
19. This cherry chomper will be happy to take your pits.
Yes, I know these already exist. But come on, depicting a smiley face on one is kind of disturbing.
20. Always have ice nearby with this portable ice maker.
Though to be fair, a lot of refrigerators already come with ice makers built in them. So I don’t see why it’s necessary.
21. The juicer bottle is a 1-8 multifunctional kitchen tool.
Comes with all kinds of kitchen tools in a convenient storage arrangement. Wouldn’t mind having this.
22. Even a cutting board should come with a few drawers.
Well, at least that’s convenient. But it only seems to fit 3 at a time. Maybe it has 6 though I doubt it.
23. The oil butter baster makes spreading way easier.
Because it allows you to baste your food without having to dip a brush in something. Great for Thanksgiving.
24. With this pizza cutter, you no longer have to peddle around.
Yes, it’s a bike pizza cutter. Don’t ask me how it got made. But it looks kind of cool.
25. Why risk making a mess when you have these pouring spouts?
Man, these would be perfect for me. After all, though I usually try to avoid making a mess, I sometimes have the occasional accident.
26. A steamship lid always lets out the vapor in tip top shape.
And you can see one of these in action. Available in 3 different sizes and 3 different colors.
27. Mix Stix can always make music in the kitchen with the pots and pans.
They consist of wooden spoons on one end and drum sticks on the other. Great for any kitchen made drum set.
28. Trouble cutting bread? Might need a bread saw.
Because sawing bread should just be like sawing logs. Actually most knife sets come with a bread knife, anyway.
29. With these oven mitts, you’ll always be ready to rock when the timer rings.
Yes, these exist. I don’t know what gave someone the idea to make them. But it’s likely people will buy it.
30. Have your cans open in no time with this toucan can opener.
Or should I say a Toucan Opener? Well, the bird has a very long beak.
31. A knife rack should always create a heroic impression.
And that’s why this one has a guy wielding a sword with knives in his shield. Makes a great conversation piece.
32. In Japan, a man is a samurai in his own kitchen.
So why they treat their kitchen knives the same way as their katanas. Okay, I’m kidding but this samurai knife rack does exist.
33. With this device, coring a pineapple has never been easier.
And here you see the pineapple corer in action. And yes, it removes the core in a corkscrew motion.
34. An adjustable measuring cup will help you check the amount you need.
Because why use multiple cups when you can measure all your liquids at once? Made by Oxo.
35. This non-contact thermometer pen always gives the temperature.
Available in orange so you can see it. Another device I wouldn’t mind having.
36. I call this one the alli-grator.
You can grate cheese on this while holding it over the pizza. Its jaws even make a grippable handle.
37. When making guacamole, you can’t go without this avocado slicer.
Of course, there are quite a few avocado slicers around. But this one peels it, takes the seed out, and cuts through the pulp.
38. A hollow knife set is just as good as any.
This knife set has layers akin to a nesting doll. But despite being made from silicon, they’re just as sharp.
39. Bear oven mitts are always essential in any den.
Though I guess real bear dens don’t have a kitchen. But these look awesome.
40. A citrus reamer will unleash any juice from the hardest fruits.
Kind of reminds me of some high class club. Still, looking at it alone, I wouldn’t really know what it’s for.
41. Funbite food cutters make any lunch time fun.
Now you can cut up any kiddie sandwich into delightfully bite size pieces. Comes in many configurations.
42. There’s nothing cuter in the kitchen than a duck can opener.
Yes, this is a can opener with a duck on it. Don’t ask me why it exists. Ducks should be more reserved for bath time.
43. Now this has to be a real pot holder.
If you know anyone who owns this, you might want to think twice before eating their brownies. Also, I don’t think their “tomato” plants have any tomatoes on them.
44. Your ice tongs should always contain mittens.
Sure the mittens may not serve such purpose. But they do have a certain charm to them.
45. A real lumberjack cuts pizza with an ax.
Well, this is a real ax to grind. Still, have to remind you it’s used for cutting pizza, not trees.
46. These gloves let you wash dishes like a real rocker.
Even better that they’re in pink depicting tattoos. Though one pair of gloves is as good as any.
47. A knife sharpener should always have some teeth to it.
Though I do think a shark knife sharpener is quite fitting. Hope it makes the kitchen knives razor sharp.
48. Now that’s an interesting kitchen knife holder.
Yes, it has a guy stuck to a knife throwing wheel. Yes, I know you’d have a sick mind to own that. And yes, I think it’s kind of funny.
49. A Pac-Man oven mitt can always stand the heat.
Great for anyone who likes baking and old-time video games from the 1980s. Though it won’t help you through a maze.
50. Some may need this knife rack like they need a hole in the head.
I know only Hannibal Lecter would own a knife rack like this. But I couldn’t pass this one up.
51. You can peel potatoes with the turn of a crank.
Well, that’s an ingenious way to peel veggies. Though perhaps a regular peeler can get the job done better.
52. Nothing starts your morning like a medieval coffee maker.
Okay, they didn’t have coffee in the Middle Ages. Yet, I think this will be perfect for any torture chamber or dungeon.
53. Cutting through pizza should be as simple as sawing wood.
So it’s no wonder there’s a power saw pizza cutter. Not sure if it’s safe to operate though.
54. Why roast marshmallows when you can use this in the microwave?
Yes, this is for smores. Still, wouldn’t mind having this. Wonder if you can use it with other sandwiches.
55. Bunny mixers always make cooking fun.
Each one comes with a digital display and bunny handles. Nevertheless, so cute.
56. Condiment guns are always handy at barbecues.
Comes with 2 canisters for ketchup and mustard. Wonder if they have ones for horse radish and mayonnaise.
57. With this ring, you can always know how much pasta you need.
Sure it’s not as fun as the knuckles. But it’s nonetheless convenient.
58. Store your dinner cutlery on this handy dinner boat.
Crazy enough, it resembles a boat. Though it might only hold enough for a setting or two.
59. This banana slicer seems rather appealing.
Though looking at this, you wouldn’t know it’s a banana slicer. Seems more like a large paper clip.
60. Presenting the ultimate vegetable slicer and dicer.
Comes with so many components for all your salad needs. Yet, you’re probably better off with a conventional mandolin.
61. It’s always easy to chop anything on a file folder.
Though the board is made from silicon. Still, think it’s kind of clever. Wouldn’t mind having this.
62. If you need to baste anything, this highlighter is all you need.
Though this one is using fruit at the moment. Still, don’t use it to highlight special passages in books. It’s a kitchen tool.
63. With this briefcase, grating is taking care of business.
Well, at least it has a nice handle to it that makes it easy to use. Also, its design is quite simple.
64. Your kitchen can’t go wrong with a bouquet of measuring spoons.
When you’re cooking these are used for measuring things. When not, they’re just for decoration.
65. There’s nothing more manly than a cutting board with a small ax.
Not sure if you can detach the ax. But at least it gives anyone in the kitchen a smooth surface.
66. Should you get a rolling pin, have one good at measuring dough.
Even has little adjusters in order to help you. Yet, I’m not sure how they fit on the pin.
67. Sometimes a serated knife can use a little bent.
This one is used to get certain things out of peppers. Still, sure wouldn’t want to wash that.
68. A smart coffee machine always has your brew when you need it.
A smart coffee maker, now I’ve seen everything. Even comes with an app you put on your smart phone.
69. With this spray top, you can now make a room smell like anything.
After all, why use chemicals to freshen up a room when you can use the fruit in your home? It’s cheaper.
70. Introducing Jumping Jack salad tongs.
Yes, it resembles a pair of legs sticking out of a salad. But it’s kind of the point. I know some will desire an explanation.
71. These kitchen tools make cooking fun.
I think these might be for kids. But they’re in bright colors with arms and legs. So strangely delightful.
72. Lid Sid can always hold it over the pot.
Yes, I know what it looks like. But you can basically use Lid Sid to hold up anything, especially in the kitchen.
73. This contraption sharpens knives like magic.
So what if it depicts a woman in a box being sawed in half? It’s just a magic trick illusion. Still, this is sick.
74. With this board, you can chop onions like a real psycho killer.
I’m sure Alfred Hitchcock will be quite pleased with this. Though best not use it in the shower.
75. You can make any kind of noodles with this pasta maker.
Well, you have to hand it to modern technology. Though I guess spaghetti is the easiest for this one.
76. You have the electric kettle and then there’s a smart kettle.
And you can monitor the water in it with your smart phone. Isn’t modern technology great?
77. Get your veggies cut with Spiral Flex.
You can just turn the crank and watch the cucumber be reduced to shreds. Seems quite handy.
78. You can show all the chopping moves with this DJ cutting board.
Well, it’s a different kind of counter top. Doesn’t play music but it’s good enough.
79. A pancake pen gives you loads of breakfast time fun.
Now you can create lots of shapes on the griddle with pancake batter. This one is shaped like a crayon.
80. This robot nutcracker is at your service.
Okay, it’s just a regular nutcracker that looks like a robot. But it’s nevertheless adorable.
81. Serve your dishes with this dustbin tray.
Yes, this is a tray. And yes, it’s for food. I know what you’d think of that.
82. Clothes pin chopsticks are great with Chinese food.
Wonder if it’s easier to hold than regular chopsticks. Because I’m not good eating with them.
83. This Swiss Army Knife set keeps all your measuring spoons in place.
Could really use this. Just flip through to get the spoon you need. Love it.
84. I’m sure a gnome timer will ring whenever your food is ready.
Well, it’s a gnome snow globe. Yes, I know it’s tacky. But garden gnomes have their fans.
85. The towel-a-matic dispenser is at your service.
Of course, a regular paper towel dispenser is just as good. Can’t see why that has to be automated.
86. With a robotic stirrer, you don’t need any hands.
So if you’re tired of stirring your food, this is for you. Wonder if this actually works.
87. Fork? Chopsticks? Or both?
Because why should you have to choose when you eat Chinese food? Though I’d usually go with fork.
88. Shave off corn of the cob with this donut device.
This one at least has a dish to catch the kernels. Yet, best to eat it off the cob.
89. Someone must’ve had a little accident.
Actually it’s a cutting board that resembles a pool of blood. But yes, I know why people would be freaked out.
90. This rocker makes pouring from jugs easier.
After all, a full jug is pretty heavy. So I hope this puts you at ease.
91. Nothing brings the party like a disco ball tumbler set.
No, these aren’t remnants from the 1970s. These are real. But they’re tacky nonetheless.
92. Keep your hands safe with farfalloni pot holders.
These are made from silicone by the way. Wouldn’t mind having them though.
93. Slicing pizza should be as easy as cutting with scissors.
Pizza cutters are normally round. But this one isn’t. Still, wouldn’t mind having this.
94. Now you can have literal beer goggles.
Well, these aren’t the beer goggles you’re thinking about. Sure they’re not useful but they’er quite funny.
95. You can always count on this cube timer.
Not sure how this work. But I kind of like it. Probably has some digital technology to it.
96. From what I see on the oven mitt, someone likes what’s in the oven.
It’s a Facebook Like mitt. Made possible by the impact of social media.
97. These dish gloves have memorable faces.
Well, hand puppet gloves. Handy for distracting yourself when doing the dishes.
98. These salad tongs seem really precise.
These tongs consist of large arrows. Great for grabbing salad and indicating where it is.
99. This pot comes with its own strainer.
These pots would be handy for cooking pasta. Comes in orange and purple.
100. Need to peel veggies? Try this rotary peeler.
Yes, they resemble paper weights. But they’re peelers. Keep them away from children.