Valentines Day has never been one of my favorite holidays but is nevertheless one involving card exchanges showing how much we love each other. Previous generations have done the same as well. Of course there are plenty of cute vintage valentines out there while some are kind of a bit, let me just say, strange and probably should never see a mailbox. Besides, may lead to the receiver wondering if their secret admirer has any account for taste or was the designer just on acid. So here is a look at some of the freakiest vintage valentines ever sent in the days of old.
1. Nothing brings the Valentine’s Day spirit than joking about flagrant white supremacist violence on black people.
This is perhaps the worst valentine I’ve ever seen and basically goes against everything Valentine’s Day stands for. I mean this depicts a lynching in humorous terms which isn’t very funny at all, especially to African Americans who were frequent targets in the South. Sorry for posting this, NAACP.
2. Nothing says “Be Mine” in the sincerest form than in armed intimidation.
You aim to please, sure you do. Let me just get the hell out of here when you point that thing at me.
3. Of course, nothing tells your valentine how sweet they are than card depicting a girl in a flaming cauldron.
This is highly suggestive of cannibalism. And I’m not sure if any of us would want to be told we’re sweet enough to eat.
4. Nothing says, Happy Valentine’s Day than saying you’re planning to skin your beloved’s head and offend Native Americans.
The picture is actually fairly inoffensive to Native Americans but the message certainly is. For any Indians reading this, I’m so sorry.
5. Nothing says, “Be Mine” than treating your beloved like cattle.
I’m not sure I want to try your brand for a while. I’m not a cow and branding is for cattle.
6. Finally, nothing says “Be My Valentine” than your willingness to be fried and served over easy.
At least these to eggs will be together in whether scrambled, over easy, fried, or made into an omelet.
7. Hunting out for a Valentine, willing to settle for bear.
Talk about looking for love in all the wrong places.
8. Somehow this valentine highly suggests whether you’re either willing to abduct or just a big devotee of 50 Shades of Grey.
And it’s even more disturbing since it’s a cat being bound to a stool while birds and a mouse look on.
9. Nothing says “Be Mine” than a valentine depicting prehistoric assault.
Somehow I don’t see being bonked in the head and dragged to a guy’s dwelling as anything romantic.
10. Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day than saying “Be mine or I’ll kill myself.”
Please give this skunk a reason to live or at least talk him out of shooting himself in the head before he drowns.
11. Happy Valentine’s Day from Captain Sex Offender.
Who will rescue and ravage you with his magic rays whether you’ll like it or not.
12. Happy Valentine’s Day from your Horny Mad Scientist Vampire.
I wonder if Snape and Lily got together would their kid look like this? Kind of makes me happy she ended up with James Potter.
13. Nothing shows your love on Valentine’s Day than running over your sweetheart.
Because accidents bring people together and keep them that way at least for awhile. Well, I’m not sure about car accidents since running over somebody will get them killed.
14. Happy Valentine’s Day from the creepy kid putting his heart on a platter.
So how is this a Valentine’s Day card and not one for Halloween? Seems more appropriate for that holiday.
15. Nothing depicts the spirit of Valentine’s Day more than a child ice skating with his humongous shaggy dog.
This is pretty disturbing furry action here. Gives man’s best friend an entire creepy new meaning.
16. This says: “Be Mine” or else I’ll rip your teeth out.
Some sadistic dentistry is about to go down here if you don’t submit to sender.
17. Nothing says “I love you” to your sweetheart than suggesting that they’ll go after you with a hammer if you ever try seeing someone else.
A valentine only appropriate to be sent from your ex with a restraining order.
18. The best way for your sweetheart to be yours is sending a valentine of a creepy clown.
This is simply terrifying. Also, there are plenty of people who are afraid of clowns and I don’t think this will help.
19. Nothing says “Happy Valentine’s Day” than a valentine depicting a creepy girl.
And boy do I mean creepy here. Oh, God, that’s not cute at all.
20. Nothing says “Happy Valentine’s Day” than saying that you’ll do whatever the say.
Jesus, lady, I know you’re a waitress but please get a life.
21. Nothing gets in the spirit of Valentines Day than a valentine of a rabid sheep.
Well, the sheep must have something wrong with it since it only looks like something from your nightmares.
22. Give your sweetheart a valentine of a gangster with a loaded gun and they’ll know you mean business.
And you don’t want to say no to a gangster, do you?
23. A great way to tell your valentine that they’re a hunk of heart of burning love for you.
Well, maybe Elvis said it better. No need for graphic metaphoric images. Also, a heart house fire, really? That’s insane!
24. If you want to send love to your valentine, then tell them through your ventriloquism.
And that dummy is as creepy as they were in real life at the time. It will certainly give you nightmares.
25. Nothing says “Happy Valentines Day” than a card showing one sausage slicing another.
I wonder if guys receiving this may think of one sausage slicing another.
26. Nothing says “Happy Valentines Day” than your willingness to be held at the stocks in public humiliation.
I hear a lot about “taking stock” but this is ridiculous.
27. Happy Valentine’s Day from the guy stuck in the ice cube.
I’d much prefer it would be Han Solo in carbonite, or maybe not. But I don’t think he can just “thaw out” though since Leia had to do that for him. Man, can’t describe this picture without a Star Wars reference can’t I?
28. I knew that Dorothy had it in for the Tin Man.
Please, I don’t want to know the details already. Seems that Oz may be even kinkier than previously thought.
29. You know your dog loves you if he farts in your face as a valentine.
And yes, dog farts really do stink like that. Still, pretty funny but kind of in bad taste.
30. Happy Valentines Day from the person who caught a contagious heart disease from you.
Hmmm….perhaps the disease may depend on the relationship to the sender. Just don’t let me guess how it’s spread.
31. Happy Valentines Day from the squirrel who wants to kidnap you.
Because he’s so nuts for you that he needs to be put away somewhere.
32. Nothing says I’ll be your valentine than agreeing to be their mindless mook they don’t have to care about.
Let’s just say when you ask someone to be your dictator, it’s never innocent. Also, you don’t want anyone to be your dictator.
33. Happy Valentines Day from the creepy child in the nail seat.
He’s probably screaming from a sore asshole.
34. Happy Valentine’s Day, and you’ll be sure you see the point from my Swiss Army Knife.
I’m not sure the blade really makes it seem anything other than threatening.
35. Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day than a young girl suggesting you to do BDSM with her.
And you thought my generation had problems depicting girls like that. This is pretty disturbing and I’m not sure this is innocent.
36. Happy Valentine’s Day from the worm in the rotten apple.
At least the worm has good relationship standards. Oh, wait a minute did I just say that?
37. Nothing says Happy Valentine’s Day than a not so innocent reference to bestiality.
I’m sure there may be such a thing as a cowgirl loving her little doagies a little too much here.
38. Happy Valentine’s Day from cute artist or creepy psycho killer child with creepy dog.
Wait a minute is that paint or blood?
39. Happy Valentine’s Day from Cupid selling the barbecue hearts special.
Something tells me having one’s heart on a platter really doesn’t suit my stomach right now.
40. Happy Valentine’s Day from scary and offensive Chinese laundry man.
This is very offensive. Besides, why send a valentine of a humiliated Chinese guy who may want to kill you?
41. Happy Valentine’s Day from creepy old dude who may look like Satan.
Something tells me this woman is seeing the guy just to please her parents. Also, he may want her soul.
42. Happy Valentine’s Day now be my puppet.
This is pretty disturbing, not cute or wholesome at all.
43. And you thought your doctor was a creep.
Is that doctor wearing pants, shorts, or underwear because I have a bad feeling about this.
44. A valentine that shows how much you’re willing to hammer it in.
I’m not sure if hammering it in is a good idea right now. Also, seems pretty disturbing.
45. Happy Valentine’s Day from the dog gunner with a heart shaped machine gun.
Be his or he’ll blow you up with his heart machine gun.
46. Nothing says “Be my valentine” than seeing someone willing to eat fire for you.
This is pretty insane and terrifying. I’m not sure if I’d like someone do that for me.
47. Happy Valentine’s Day from the mad cow.
And that cow certainly looks like there’s something wrong with it. And please don’t feed me its brains.
48. Happy Valentine’s Day from your sweetheart or friend with benefits.
Something tells me that “screwy” may not have innocent connotations here.
49. Happy Valentine’s Day from the butcher.
And yes, he’s got plenty of meats for you to offer. But he hopes you’re not a vegetarian or vegan or he’ll cleave you.
50. Happy Valentine’s Day from Satan.
Because even the Prince of Darkness himself needs love. Perhaps you can give him something like your soul for all eternity.