Here am I in my March of the Bearcats polo and Saint Vincent College basketball T-shirt.
As the school year begins so does the season of college sports. In particularly football. Though you’re bound to find plenty of students and alumni cheering in the stands on game day, many of these schools have fans far beyond that, especially if it’s a Division I university that makes loads of money from exploiting their student athletes. But now’s not the season to talk about that since it’s more suited for a March Madness conversation. Anyway, when it comes to posts to college and NFL, I kind of prefer doing the college ones. Mostly because you have way more than 32 Division I colleges across the country, many with a lot more interesting team names. Not to mention, a lot of the Division I college teams tend to be in uncharted territory for me. Yet, it’s not unusual for Americans to prefer their college teams over their pro teams. Mostly because the college teams are much closer to where they live, particularly in the South and in the heartland. And yes, many of the fans can be quite crazy, which is where I come in. Thus, for your reading pleasure, I give you another treasure trove of college sports fans. Most of them are from Division I, by the way.
- Apparently, the University of North Carolina is the No. 1 college for smurfs.
One of them even has blue hair. And both have a footprint on their shirts.
2. Seems like Boston College has a party school reputation.
What the hell are drunk Bert and Ernie doing here? Seriously, that doesn’t set a very good example to young children.
3. Seems like we have a colorful show of characters at Texas Tech.
One of them has a Minecraft head. One is all checks. While the others, let’s not get into that.
4. Speaking of Boise State, how about checking out these guys in their striped overalls?
And yes, they’re all in blue and orange from their hair to their toes. A couple even have fros.
5. Auburn is the place you can really be a Tiger.
Okay, it’s mostly face paint. But you get the idea. And yes, the fangs are fake.
6. At Ohio State, someone must be bucco for the Buckeyes.
Yet, the Buckeye guy on his head is a bit of the top. Also, what’s with the rose necklace. Oh, I get it.
7. For the Florida State Seminoles, you got two superheroes and a line of country western chorus girls.
You might remember the superheroes from last year. But the women with Seminole tops are a different story.
8. At Oklahoma State, this Viking’s helmet has its horns upside down.
That’s not to say he kind of resembles an Oompah Loompah. Also, note his friend with the spiky orange hair.
9. Apparently, the red men go for the Utes.
Okay, that’s a very racist depiction of Native Americans. And you want to know why they don’t like when colleges appropriate their culture into their athletics programs.
10. At North Carolina, basketball season is a time for blue hair.
Though their wigs are more or less made from Easter grass. Also, the basketball hats are hilarious.
11. There’s no bull about these cows from the University of Maryland.
Okay, they’re not technically cows since they certainly have no udders. Though you might want to steer clear of them for now.
12. Behold, the golden boy from USC.
Interesting he’s wearing a shiny gold speedo. Yet, to be fair, he doesn’t look quite bad. Yet, don’t tell that to the woman next to him.
13. You’d almost call this guy all pinned up for West Virginia University.
Note that he’s wearing coveralls over his jersey. Is supposed to be dressed as a mountaineer, miner, or what?
14. At the University of South Carolina, you’ll find a line of guys saluting their gamecocks.
Okay, it’s mostly body paint. But at least these guys didn’t paint their faces because that would be bad.
15. Even Santa is a huge fan of Ohio State.
However, he’s also with bald guy with a painted face and a guy with a nut necklace and weird hair. And yes, even Santa has some nuts on him.
16. With their hats, these Oregon Ducks fans are totally pumped.
One of them even has drinks on his hat and Hulk hands. And their school has a mascot resembling Donald Duck.
17. This guy really wants his Florida Gators to crush the Crimson Tide.
It’s on his hat by the way. Yes, I know it’s kind of crazy. But at least it’s creative.
18. At LSU, this man’s loyalty to his Tigers is never in question.
His way of supporting his Tigers is another story. Seriously, what’s with the body paint question mark?
19. As far as face paint is concerned, these faces have some very interesting patterns.
Indeed, these are Oregon Ducks fans. But one has a zigzag face. The other’s got checkers.
20. You might find this banana appealing if you come from Arizona State.
Yes, I know he looks pretty weird, especially with the sunglasses and banana costume. But he sure knows how to get attention.
21. You may think clowns and Stormtroopers would be at odds unless it’s the Arizona Wildcats.
One guy’s wearing a clown wig and suit. The other is a an Imperial Stormtrooper who probably won’t hit anything.
22. Speaking of the University of Arizona, seems like they might be on the Dark Side of the Force.
And the Dark Lord of the Sith has decided to go casual. Not to mention, paint his helmet red and blue.
23. Apparently, someone’s into Pirates of the Caribbean at Arizona State.
Wonder if he feels cool in his Jack Sparrow hat and wig. However, I don’t think it’s helping.
24. I believe we have a couple of tiger sharks at Auburn.
It’s a takeoff from Katie Perry’s Super Bowl performance. But these have stripes for the Auburn Tigers. Kind of ridiculous but fun.
25. This Baylor fan wanted his beard to match his outfit.
The beard is made from yarn to disguise his discontent for how his team’s doing. And to match his outfit.
26. You’d be scared out of your mind to find these guys at Boise State.
Think of their costumes as a mix between the Chippendales and Saw. Not sure what the two have to do with each other.
27. You’d almost think this Arizona Wildcat fan’s head is bursting with fireworks.
Though it’s mostly a foam mohawk with red, white, and blue stuff coming out of it. But yes, it’s utterly ridiculous.
28. This guy’s all red for his Crimson Tide.
You’d think he spent too much time in the hot sun. But it’s just body paint.
29. As skeletons, these Georgia Tech women are here to frighten you.
I hope these women are Mexicans. Because that’s in the style for the Day of the Dead. And Mexicans don’t like seeing that part of their culture appropriated, especially on Halloween.
30. At Brigham Young, the Hulk shows his support.
Or is it the Abominable Snowman? Such costume in blue gets me so mixed up.
31. At the University of Georgia body painting and clown wigs go hand in hand.
Well, they have red paint to spell out Georgia. But the clown wigs are mystery to me.
32. Apparently, you’ll find a blue Guy Fieri at Boise State.
And he’s holding up a hammer with flaming red hair. Not sure why.
33. At Oklahoma State, this cowboy supports his team in the most country way.
Well, to be fair, cowboys did pass through Oklahoma. But not in body paint and a foam hat.
34. This woman will go all out for her Crimson Tide.
Apparently, body paint is said to protect you from indecent exposure. Yet, the elephant certainly fits.
35. You’d almost think these Florida State Seminole fans were made for each other.
They paint themselves in dark red and gold and don’t have much on. Seriously, the woman is in a bra and undies.
36. This Sun Devils fan has impressive hair from Arizona State.
Seems to have the Arizona Sun Devils logo right on his hair. Wonder how he gets through a doorway.
37. Apparently, these two guys are a bit sheepish on the chest.
Well, their mascot is a ram. Yet, painting a sheep on your chest, really?
38. Looks like Boba Fett is a Gators fan.
He even has a cape and shoulder pads on. Hope he doesn’t get sucked in by a sarlacc any time soon.
39. Apparently, you’ll find a spotted horse and two glitter guys at a Seminole game.
Now that’s bound to distract people. The horse is especially freaky. Not sure why anyone would want to paint their bodies for their sports team.
40. Speaking of Florida State, this super fan is super pumped.
Sure she may be dressed as a superhero. But today she’s cheering her heroes in the stands.
41. These University of Georgia fans are all spiked up.
Well, spikes on the shoulder pads. And all have makeup on their faces. One looks like Jigsaw.
42. At Oklahoma University it’s all in the hats.
Of course, this is where the wind blows sweeping on the plains. So they better hold on to their hats.
43. You may not want to be with this masked mob at Gonzaga.
They’re definitely there for March Madness since Gonzaga got pretty far in the NCAA tournament. One of these has horns.
44. No one’s a match for this Iowa Hawkeyes clown.
Let’s hope this scary clown induces nightmares for the other team. Though I’m sure anyone who looks won’t be able to sleep after the game.
45. You can never wear enough traffic cones to support the Kentucky Wildcats.
Didn’t know you could fit that many cones on shoulder pads. Also, doesn’t look too happy.
46. You don’t need to paint your body if you’re a fan of LSU.
Sometimes an electric or safety razor will do. Though I don’t recommend anyone try it. Seriously, just don’t.
47. This LSU Tiger is really into the game on the field.
Doesn’t hurt that he’s wearing a gold and purple robe. Sunglasses and helmet aren’t too bad either.
48. Take a look at that LSU cheerleader.
Yes, I know it’s a guy who doesn’t look great in a cheerleader outfit. But he looks pretty hilarious.
49. At Marshall, you’ll often find a bison headed man in the stands.
After all, they’re known for the Thundering Herd in West Virginia. That and the movie We Are Marshall.
50. At the University of Miami, this guy’s part of the West End Zone Crue.
After all, he’s doing it for his Hurricanes. You know wearing the outlandish glasses and bling.
51. For this Hurricanes fan, it’s always about time.
Here he has an orange hoplite helmet with a green plume. Also has spikes on his shoulder pads.
52. This Transformer always goes for the Miami Hurricanes.
And I see he has a green and orange helmet with white shoulder pads. And no, he doesn’t turn into a car.
53. Apparently, Miami and Florida State fans can exist side by side.
Doesn’t hurt that both of them are dressed like Super Mario Brothers. Yet, I guess their princess is in another castle.
54. This guy goes full bat mask for his Michigan Wolverines.
He even has Michigan glasses and a megaphone with bumper stickers. Guess anything for the team.
55. Seems like if you want to support Michigan State, you got to have green hair.
You’d also want pairs of Spartan glasses, too. Yeah, weird right?
56. Even Gumby is a fan of Michigan State.
And here he is with a couple of guys in green. Yeah, I can see where this is going.
57. This creepy clown wants you to support the Michigan Wolverines or else.
Another creepy clown under a ski mask. Guaranteed to haunt your dreams. Sleep tight, sweetie.
58. Missouri Tiger fans support breast cancer awareness.
They’re all in pink with tiger stripes. Though the women are wearing pink shirts for obvious reasons.
59. Seems like many of these Navy guys are real ship heads.
So they actually have these foam hats. Though I prefer the other hats.
60. I’m sure some guys will get a kick out of these LSU Tiger women.
I see they painted themselves like tigers with bras meant to blend in. They also have the tiger headbands with ears.
61. You might want to check with this mouse from Syracuse.
I know this mouse is from a cartoon, but I can’t recall it. Yet, I see sports fan dress up as this character on Pinterest.
62. She cheers for the Syracuse Orange even if she didn’t make the squad.
She has pom poms in her hair and hands. Seems like this was for March Madness.
63. Mario doesn’t seem to like how this Texas Christian game is going.
Too bad Mario doesn’t have access to mushrooms so he can get bigger and shoot fire balls. Maybe that would help TCU even though that would be cheating.
64. Didn’t know that the University of Tennessee has fans out of this world.
Sure it’s not a real spacesuit since those things are incredibly heavy. But he’s nevertheless here for the Volunteers.
65. These masked men come to see the game for Texas Tech.
One of them has a black Spider Man mask. But the other masks remind you of a horror movie villain.
66. This super squad of fans will not let the Tar Heels down.
One of them even has a Batman logo with UNC. A woman has a high hat. And they’ve all painted themselves blue.
67. Best to go all orange and stripes to support Auburn.
All he’s wearing on top are shoulder pads. Not sure if he’s comfortable.
68. Apparently, USC fans start out young.
Makes you wonder what these kids will be like when they’re older. But they’re kind of adorable with fake hair and body paint.
69. I bring you a real USC Trojan.
Well, he’s dressed like a hoplite from the Trojan War. Though it’s a bit over the top.
70. My, those must be large spikes.
Sure he’s going for the Utah Utes. But at least he’s not as bad with the cultural appropriation.
71. This man is all golden for his Notre Dame Fightin’ Irish.
Well, he’s certainly flashy with a bowtie and flower boa. Least he’s not dressed as a leprechaun.
72. One has to go orange for the Tennessee Volunteers.
Kind of resembles an Oompah Loompah here. But that’s the magic of body paint for you.
73. This Husky woman turns out sparking for Washington University.
Yes, she has to show up in sparkling pants and a husky hat. Yet, you should see the guy in a yellow coat and plaid pants.
74. This purple horse always cheers for his Washington Huskies.
I know he looks silly, especially with a purple horse’s head. Oh, how far fans go for their team.
75. These Mountaineer fans are going to rock n’ roll all night.
Of course, they had to paint their faces as members of KISS. But at least they didn’t don the wigs.
76. This fan from Miami has a bit of a skull face.
Not sure if it does the trick. But the hat and polo don’t do that look wonders.
77. No matter how you see it, her hands make a U.
For University of Miami of course. Her U things can also be used as oven mitts by the way.
78. At Stanford University, this Cardinal fan’s an evergreen supporter.
Not sure why the Stanford mascot is a tree. But this guy really has his school spirit in him.
79. At Clemson, these Tiger women have put on their stripes.
Unlike the LSU fans, they’re not covering their faces. But yes, this is ridiculous.
80. DCU women always go for Syracuse.
You see, Catwoman and Wonder Woman may not always get along. But they can still be friends.
81. If you’re for Purdue, you just have to wear the flashy robes.
Well, if you want to be seen, that seems to be the way to go. Though they’re rooting for their Boilermakers in strange attire.
82. At USC it helps to stand like a real Trojan.
Uh, this isn’t 300. Besides, Trojans didn’t fight in the buff either. It’s probably more appropriate for this guy to look like this when he’s wearing a Trojan on his sword. Though his abs aren’t all that bad.
83. Here we have a warrior at Oklahoma State showing love for his Pokes.
Yes, he’s in a toga and Roman helmet. I know it doesn’t make sense. And no, I don’t understand why he’s wearing gloves.
84. For some people, a Florida Gators game is a family tradition.
They’re wearing jerseys, spiked shoulder pads, and dyed hair. The dad has his colored blue.
85. For golden masked me, it’s always the University of Toledo Rockets.
Not familiar with that school. But you have to think these guys are nuts to wear masks and wigs like that.
86. There’s strong and then there’s Army strong. And then there’s these guys.
And these soldiers have their team spelled out in yellow body paint. Not sure if it’s got on their uniforms.
87. At LSU, she likes to get into the Tiger’s skin.
Well, at least she managed a photo op with the mascot. Though at least it’s better than body paint.
88. It’s very clear that the Founding Fathers are behind old Virginia Tech.
You’d think they’d be for the University of Virginia which Thomas Jefferson founded. Just saying.
89. Batgirl always goes for Boston College.
She even has a flag to show for it. Though the uniform does appear a bit 1960ish.
90. For these Cowboys, Mizzou Tigers are all the way.
And they’re shirtless, too. Still, not sure if Missouri had any cowboys. Doesn’t seem to make sense.
91. Best to wear the team you love on your back.
And it seems like this person has to do the Batman pose. Fair enough.
92. At Michigan State, the Spartan fans who go to games together, stay together.
And it seems they went with the striped overalls and the Spartan hats. Not sure if I like that.
93. You have to wonder if this Seminole fan is being serious.
After all, he’s dressed as the Joker. Even has his suit despite his goatee.
94. This group of Elvises salute Ole Miss.
After all, Elvis was from the great state of Mississippi. And one of them even dons Ole Miss colors.
95. At Oregon, everyone’s committed to diversity.
For they accept Mexicans and anyone with weird colored hair. As long as it’s green, yellow, or both.
96. Didn’t know you could find Vikings in Arizona.
Of course you can’t. But that doesn’t stop this guy from wearing a helmet with horns. Even if most Vikings didn’t.
97. It’s al zebra striped with this Washington Huskies fan.
And yes, he even has a wrestling belt and husky shirt on him. Yet, he’s clearly kind of flashy in purple.
98. It helps if you arrive in a cape at LSU.
I see his cape is made from duct tape. And that he has his chest painted.
99. All this Nebraska Husker wants to do is watch the game.
And yes, he has a corncob on his head and his face painted. Kind of creepy but he doesn’t bite.
100. My, this Oklahoma State Cowboys fan has a small hat and a large mustache.
Yes, his stache his so huge, you can’t even see his mouth. But how he keeps that hat on his head, I have no idea.
These guys crack me up. The outfits are way more interesting than most football games.
Wow- I wonder how long it takes these people to get ready for a game? That’s a lot of body paint!