If you think Disney is a company that specializes in cheesy movies, family friendly fairy tales, and everyone living happily ever after, then you’ve never come across these guys. Yes, dismiss Disney all you want as entertainment that reeks with a saccharine sweetness aimed to children. However, mark my words, we have to come to terms that these Disney bad guys are anything but saccharine and barely meet the decency guidelines in what can be considered children’s entertainment. In fact, for a company known to make Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh cartoons, Disney has managed to come up with some really sinister villains who have done their share of damage for the protagonists or their loved ones. And some of them have been seen among the greatest villains of all time. Some of them have even got their own songs. But even at their most evil, a lot of them attract fans since they tend to seem quite interesting, cool, and entertaining. And Disney has taken notice. However, since these are Disney movies, don’t expect them to live happily ever after or at least get what they want in the end. In fact, expect some of them getting killed through falling down from somewhere. Or worse. Though they will be missed to an extent.
Since Disney villains have their share of fans, it’s not unusual to see some of them dressed as their favorite Disney baddie. Of course, for some villains like Maleficent and Gaston, since Maleficent is an attractive sorceress who has way more lines and screentime than Aurora while Gaston, well, is so full of himself that it’s funny and even has an excellent song about how great he is. Hades and Ursula may be bad but they both have really great personalities. Ratigan and Scar are voiced by the talents of Vincent Price and Jeremy Irons respectively and both have really great songs. Also, Captain Hook and Jafar really know how to dress. Then there are others who have fans that make your scratch your head over like Hans and Frollo since Hans managed to get Anna to fall for him only to stab her in the back while Frollo thinks he’s a virtuous man of God when he’s really a complete self-righteous hypocrite who is abusive toward Quasimodo whose mother he killed and sees him as an abomination, tries to burn an entire city because Esmeralda refuses to sleep with him, goes after Captain Phoebus for disobeying an order that goes against his principles (like burning an innocent miller and his family for hiding gypsies), throws down the Archdeacon for standing in his way, and using his personally twisted theology to justify his actions. Nevertheless, I bring you a treasure trove of people dressed as the bad guys from Disney.
- In Wonderland, it would be wise not to piss off the Queen of Hearts.
Because the Queen of Hearts tends to say, “Off with their heads!” which whenever someone makes her angry. And she tends to get irritated by the slightest upset.
2. As the Sultan’s Vizier, Jafar uses his cobra staff to hypnotize his boss.
I’d love to see Jafar going through airport security. Bet he’ll use his staff to hypnotize TSA agents.
3. Yzma always takes great pains to look glamorous.
It’s widely said that Yzma has a secret lab. Don’t tell anybody I said that.
4. Cruella De Vil is an absolute slave to fashion that she’ll risk animal cruelty for a fur coat.
Well, this is a 101 Dalmatians family. Still, I feel for the little puppies in this picture.
5. Didn’t know that Yzma and Syndrome were an item.
Well, Syndrome is the villain from The Incredibles who started out as a crazed fan. As for Yzma, well, she’s a sorceress from the Emperor’s New Groove who turned her boss into an alpaca.
6. Sometimes wickedness has a tendency to run in the family.
Well, to some extent. Still, you might not want to mess with this bunch if you can avoid them.
7. It would be wise to invite this little Maleficent to your party.
Because if you don’t, she might put a curse on somebody’s baby. Yeah, she doesn’t take being rejected very well.
8. As a sea witch, Ursula always tries to look her best.
And this Ursula seems quite pretty compared to what she looked like in the movie. Still, the sea witch can be captivating in her own way.
9. A little evil queen like her always desires to be the fairest one of all.
Then again, I bet she relies on a magic mirror to boost her ego. But if the mirror doesn’t do his job, oooh boy.
10. As we know, Gaston is quite a guy.
However, you have to wonder why he just get over Belle. Because I’m sure there are plenty of women in his village who’d want him.
11. As Gaston’s toady, LeFou always knows how to cheer him up.
By getting a local bar to sing a song about how great he is. Because no one does it like Gaston.
12. Cruella De Vil can always keep up her appearances.
However, not sure about seeing her with a Dalmatian and in a coat like this. Makes me wonder.
13. Someone should tell Captain Hook to avoid crocodile infested waters.
I know I’ve tried to avoid putting Peter Pan on my Disney posts. But Captain Hook is such an iconic Disney villain that I’ve made this article an exception.
14. Only Maleficent can look this good in green skin and horns.
She can also turn into a dragon if she feels the need. However, she ends up getting disemboweled by Prince Philip in the process.
15. Sometimes it’s always the bad girls who look glamorous in Disney.
Well, as far as these costumes are concerned. But I wouldn’t refer Ursula, Cruella, and the Queen of Hearts as attractive in their movies.
16. As Mufasa’s brother, Scar always aspired to be king of the Pride lands.
Yet, for some reason Mufasa didn’t suspect that Scar would stab him in the back. Well, until it was too late when Scar threw him off a cliff.
17. Seems like Cruella and a henchman caught at least one puppy.
However, one pup isn’t going to be enough for her. She has to have 99 of them for a coat her size.
18. Sorry, Ariel, but Eric is Vanessa’s prince once and for all.
Oh, and “Vanessa” is Ursula by the way. And she’s deliberately trying to spoil your chances with Eric so she can usurp your dad.
19. With Triton’s crown and trident, Ursula is unstoppable.
As long as Eric’s not around to impale her with a sunken ship. Because that’s how she meets her end.
20. Please don’t take an apple from this evil queen.
Because it’s laced with poison that could only be revived through an act of sexual assault. Yeah, magic potions and spells are funny that way.
21. With her staff and her trusty raven Diablo, Maleficent is a formidable Mistress of All Evil.
Sure she may attractive in black and purple. But she’s the green skin woman who people like Captain Kirk should avoid.
22. There is no tot as manly as baby Gaston.
No one poops like Gaston or give big toots like Gaston. No one goes stomping around being so cute like Gaston. I bet little guy will use antlers in all of his decorating.
23. Cruella De Vil is always clad in black, white, and red all over.
Like how she’s carrying a red handbag with her costume. And she’s wearing leopard prints, too. So creative.
24. At Agrabah, Jafar wishes to have Jasmine in his clutches.
Mostly because marrying her gives him a way to legitimate his power. Other than that, he doesn’t care what she thinks.
25. Apparently, this little Maleficent isn’t pleased.
Let’s hope she doesn’t have your teenage daughter pass out after touching a glowing spinning wheel. Yes, this is one mean witch you don’t want to cross.
26. “Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?”
“And if it’s anyone other than me, I’ll kill em.'” Look, Queen, maybe you get rid of that mirror, and be the fairest one of all in your own life. Seriously, do you think you can solve your problems by killing Snow White? No.
27. Ursula never underestimates the importance of “body language.”
I know some said that Ariel should’ve known better than to sign a contract with Ursula. However, Ursula clearly didn’t hold her end of the bargain and did everything she could so Ariel wouldn’t succeed with Eric. Oh, and she used Ariel’s voice to hypnotize Eric, too.
28. Introducing Maleficent in her armored glory.
I don’t think Maleficent needs an outfit like that as Mistress of All Evil. She’s pretty badass in her traditional get up already.
29. I wouldn’t look right into Jafar’s staff if I were you.
Because that’s how he hypnotizes the Sultan. However, before the Genie, his powers can only go so far.
30. “Do you play croquet?”
And yes, they play with hedgehogs and flamingos in Wonderland. Animal rights people, if you see anything wrong with it, shut up in her presence if you want to live.
31. “And now that I’m grown, I eat 5 dozen eggs so I’m roughly the size of a barge.”
And that if Gaston wasn’t killed by the fall in Beauty and the Beast, heart problems would’ve gotten the better of him. Seriously, that’s not healthy.
32. Judge Claude Frollo always sees the world engulfed in hellfire and sin.
However, Frollo is a self-righteous hypocrite who never admits that he’s in the wrong. And despite being “justly proud” of his “godly virtue,” he’s willing to burn a city because some gypsy girl won’t sleep with him.
33. For Mother Gothel, mother always knows best when it comes to Rapunzel.
And she’s basically keeping Rapunzel in a tower because her hair has healing powers and could make her look young. But yes, Gothel is really nasty.
34. On Villains Vogue is Cruella De Vil.
And she sure knows how to dress. Wonder how many dogs had to die for that fur coat she’s wearing.
35. Stinky Pete the Prospector from Woody’s Round Up has never been removed from the box.
Well, until he got himself out of it, of course. He’s quite manipulative and does everything to make sure Woody never returns to Andy. Then again, he has no idea what it’s like to be loved as a toy.
36. Ursula is always willing to lend a hand for some “poor unfortunate souls.”
Well, for a fee anyway. Still, if you don’t keep your end, well, you’ll just end up in her polyp garden.
37. A queen always looks regal in purple.
However, an evil queen is never satisfied unless she’s fairest one of all. And she’s willing to resort to putting an ugly disguise and poisoning her stepdaughter to have that.
38. In Neverland Captain Hook wants Peter Pan dead.
However, if some kid sliced your hand off and fed it to crocodiles, you’d be angry, too. So you can’t really blame Captain Hook for going after the guy.
39. If Cruella De Vil doesn’t scare you, no evil thing will.
Well, this woman’s Cruella coat is almost spot on. And it has a red lining to go with it.
40. This little Ursula is a real sea monster.
And despite her demeanor, Ursula is really not to be trusted since she only cares about herself. Still, I think this costume is adorable.
41. Guess this little girl can be a bit Cruella so to speak.
And she doesn’t look happy either. Though to be fair, Cruella isn’t a happy person, at least towards the end.
42. As god of the Underworld, Hades is lord of the dead.
Yet, in Greek mythology he’s not a bad guy. And in the Hercules legend, all he does is tell Herc not to harm Cerberus and bring him back when he’s done. And Herc did.
43. There must be some gathering of Disney villains here someplace.
Yes, you see a lot of your favorite Disney baddies. That guy in the hunting outfit is from Bambi, by the way. He shoots Bambi’s mom.
44. Didn’t know Deadpool was a fan of Disney villains.
Yet, here we have a Deadpool Jafar and Maleficent. Wonder what side these two are on.
45. Guess Aurora is now what you call a “sleeping beauty.”
Because Maleficent had to put a curse on her since she wasn’t invited to her christening. Now on to capturing Prince Philip.
46. Ursula can be quite a looker in her human form.
But she hypnotizes and seduces Eric with Ariel’s voice in her shell necklace. Thankfully the sea creatures intervened before she could marry him.
47. Mother Gothel will do almost anything to retain her youthful appearance.
After all, how else can she retain a body like this without Rapunzel’s hair? So that’s why she kept the girl in a faraway tower.
48. Maleficent may be a bad girl but she’ll never back down.
Besides, she can be quite cool since she almost won part way through. If she had Philip killed and had the Good Fairies turned to stone, she would’ve been victorious.
49. For a Pre-Columbian priestess, Yzma always decks herself in feathers.
May not be over the top, but it’s quite clever. Even if this costume is mostly made from tulle.
50. Which will it be poison apple or heart in a box?
And both will be used on Snow White, her stepdaughter. The Evil Queen can be quite nasty as you see.
51. Man, does Stinky Pete have a big pick.
Wonder if it helped him get out of that box. Still, despite his grandfatherly exterior, Stinky Pete isn’t a nice guy or he wouldn’t be on here.
52. Dr. Facilier is a witch doctor you might want to avoid in New Orleans.
Yes, turn Naveen into a frog and have his servant take the form of the prince. Wonder what can go wrong there.
53. Guess the Evil Queen is insistent on offering the apple.
Guess this is a couple’s costume idea with the guy as the Magic Mirror. Doesn’t seem too happy here. But does he ever? No.
54. Lady Tremaine is a social climbing fiend who really hates her stepdaughter.
Of course, her own daughters aren’t lookers themselves. Also, I have no idea why she doesn’t use Cinderella to further her interests. I mean I’d do the same if I were her.
55. It’s always hard to imagine Yzma without her Kronk.
I guess her henchmen position had few takers. Because Kronk is a complete tool. Funny, but a tool.
56. For Captain Hook, Smee is his right hand man.
As you can see, Disney henchmen mostly tend to be idiots. Smee is no exception but he’s not a mean guy though.
57. Madam Mim is said to be a rather powerful sorceress.
She’s from the Sword and the Stone which is about King Arthur. She doesn’t have a lot of screentime but she tends to be rather popular.
58. A Queen of Hearts always has to have her robes lined with furs.
And here she is with a flamingo as a croquet mallet. Don’t piss her off. Really, if you value your life, just don’t.
59. In some Disney families, it’s good to be bad.
Here we have Jafar, Curella, Maleficent, and Syndrome. And yes, everyone in the clan looks very evil.
60. Cruella De Vil always has to look stylish in furs.
Notice how she dresses in black, white and red? But at least in this one she’s wearing a big hat.
61. When hungry, avoid women like her.
Because her apples are poison. Also, she’s the Evil Queen in disguise by the way.
62. Apparently, Kronk and Yzma seem to have a good time.
In movie the Emperor’s New Groove, this isn’t the case. Because Yzma is always mad at Kronk being an idiot, which is good comedy.
63. Lady Tremaine always tried to get her daughters to marry well.
Unfortunately, her girls don’t fare well in the looks department. Though that may not matter much.
64. Looks like little Cruella has found at least one of the puppies.
And it seems like this little puppy is crying. Then again, you would, too, if you were near her. Still, this is perfect.
65. So Gothel, Jafar, and Ursula walk into a bar.
And they seem to get along together. Then again, Gothel isn’t hot with dominating the world. But Jafar and Ursula, I’m not sure.
66. Seems like Snow White is in a lot of trouble here.
Because this one has the Evil Queen and her hag disguise. And she’s offering a poison apple, too.
67. Jafar might want to watch his back if he’s smart.
Because Aladdin is wielding a sword at him for good reason. Perhaps he should try to aim for his pride.
68. Even the notorious Cruella De Vil had to start out small.
Yes, I know Cruella isn’t nice, especially to animals. But this costume is so cute.
69. Looks like the Disney villains are having a poker night.
Then again, they might be scheming against each other. Or maybe not. I can’t tell.
70. Mother Gothel never leaves home without her cape.
However, she always makes sure Rapunzel never leaves the tower. Ever. Because she’s really intent on staying young.
71. Claude Frollo always sees himself as a righteous man.
However, he’s not because he abuses Quasimodo and lusts after Esmeralda that he makes life miserable for everybody when she rejects him. He’s a real nasty piece of work.
72. No, Cruella, I don’t think your dog wants a fur coat.
Then again, it’s probably part of the outfit. You have to give kudos to creativity to say the least.
73. “Off with their heads!”
Now there’s a woman you really don’t want on your bad side. Unfortunately for you, it’s very easy to get there.
74. Sometimes Gaston likes to show off now and then.
However, I have strong doubts Belle would be impressed. Because she rejected him multiple times.
75. Oh, dear, Mother Gothel has a knife.
Guess she found out that Rapunzel left the tower and skipped out. That can’t be good.
76. No I don’t think Elsa would get skimpy for Prince Hans.
Because Hans is the bad guy in Frozen and he’s no Han Solo. I mean he tried to take over her kingdom. What don’t you understand?
77. Don’t tell me that Cruella already skinned some of the puppies.
Okay, this is kind of sick. Seriously, this is demented. But pretty creative since you don’t see costumes like that.
78. Didn’t know that was Sid all grown up as a garbage man.
Okay, he’s not a villain at this point. But some of the things he did in the first Toy Story really freaked the toys out. I mean really.
79. Introducing Maleficent and the Evil Queen, steampunk style.
Yes, these bad girls are dressed like they’re from the 19th century. Doesn’t make them less menacing though.
80. Prince Hans is a man from the Southern Isles.
And he wants to rule a kingdom but being the youngest of 12 brothers, he doesn’t have a chance. Unless he marries Anna and takes over Arendale. Then again, maybe he should’ve just given up his power trip and find himself a hobby.
81. Here we have Yzma and Kronk in the secret lab.
Actually it’s a “secret lab” that everyone knows about. And let’s just say, it doesn’t go all well to Yzma’s plan.
82. Ursula is always accompanied by her eels Flotsam and Jetsam.
Basically the only two creatures Ursula cares about or mourns for. As for everyone else, well, they’re either a pawn or an enemy.
83. The Queen of Hears would like some tarts after a game of croquet.
Now I like the use of the garden flamingo in this as a mallet. I think think it’s ingenious.
84. Here Vanessa takes a stroll on the beach at night.
I guess that’s where she’ll get Eric to dump Ariel so she could get back at Triton. Yes, this is Ursula as you see.
85. Looks like Hades is enjoying himself after all.
And is that Persephone? Then again, probably not. Still, that’s a pretty good costume of Hades.
86. Sorry, Vanessa, but you’re not fooling anyone.
I know that’s a painting instead of a mirror. But it kind of illustrates the point if you don’t get me wrong.
87. “Choose me or the fire.”
Okay, that’s kind of a disturbing cosplay. But then again, Frollo is a really disturbing guy who really needs to admit that something’s wrong with him.
88. Oh, dear, Ursula is about to stab Flounder.
And she’s going at him with a fork. Disturbing, but appropriate.
89. Where would Yzma be if she didn’t have her gigantic plume?
Well, the plume was much bigger in the movie. Yet, this one is made from construction paper. Obviously.
90. Who knew that Maleficent could look so pretty in purple?
Sure she may be the Mistress of All Evil. But even you have to admit that this is adorable.
91. Apparently, Ursula is not amused.
Then again, a tutu skirt would be perfect for Ursula. Because she is part octopus as we know.
92. Relax, Hades is cool, at the moment.
Well, here he is with a skull. Poor Hades. All he wants is to take over Mount Olympus because his job as ruler of the Underworld sucks.
93. Yes, Cruella’s hair isn’t always a consistent color.
But you have to admit, the woman really loves her furs. And her fashion.
94. Maleficent is just out to get some fresh air.
Well, maybe she’s trying to look for Aurora. However, I don’t think she’s up to any good at this point.
95. Want to share with Hades?
Okay, that cup is filled with gummi worms for flames. But still, don’t touch his awesome blue hair.
96. Of course, this little sea witch hasn’t been in a good mood lately.
What’s the matter? King Triton won’t let you borrow his trident? Oh, there, there.
97. As Governor of Jamestown, John Ratcliffe believes that riches are found below.
Unfortunately, he was completely wrong about the gold. So he blamed the Indians and tried to attack them. What a prick. But nice pigtails.
98. Somehow, Hades seems to approve for some reason.
Well, he’s giving a thumbs up. Still, you have to admit, he’s pretty funny in Disney’s Hercules if you ask me.
99. Here we have the Horned King getting chummy with Marvel’s Doctor Doom.
The Horned King is a villain from the Black Cauldron that was made in the 1970s. He wants to use the cauldron to make a zombie army. That’s all I know.
100. Yes, Frollo just stand pretty with your hands folded.
Sure Frollo has a cool outfit. But his falling off Notre Dame’s roof and into molten metal. Bye, bye, Frollo. You won’t be missed.
Pingback: Top 14 Beauty Villain Costume Designs – Unique & Easy Halloween Party Day Project - HoliCoffee