As you may know, Disney tends to be known for their official Disney Princess franchise which consist of female protagonists who’ve appeared in their movies and somehow left a mark on pop culture. They could be royal by birth, royal by marriage, or just be a kickass heroine in her own right. Let’s just say Disney throws the term rather loosely. As of 2016, the official Disney Princess line-up consists of Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Merida. There are also unofficial Disney Princesses who aren’t included since their films didn’t do well at the box office, marketing wasn’t successful, or they’re too young. Or in Anna and Elsa’s case, their franchise was so successful that it was irrelevant for them to be included in the line-up. But since Mulan and Pocahontas can be official Disney Princesses, I’m just going to play fast and loose with the term and include the unofficial line-up. After all, when you want to do a post about Disney Princesses, I’d rather just go by the line-ups according to the fans, not the franchise.
As you can see, a lot of Disney Princesses tend to have a wardrobe full of iconic outfits you’ve seen in their movies. And it’s not unusual for many Disney fans to dress up as these leading ladies either whether it be for Halloween, on a Disney trip, or for a convention. So for your royal reading pleasure, I present to you a treasure trove of Disney Princess costumes considered the fairest ones of all.
- Guess Snow White bit into the wrong apple.
You know what they say about not taking food from strangers. Now she needs a guy to kiss her so she can come back to life.
2. Seems like Cinderella started doing chores for her stepmother and stepsisters at a young age.
This is a baby Cinderella in rags costume. Wonder if it comes with its own little broom and dust bin.
3. Here we have Ariel washed up on the beach.
And I see she has straps to her purple seashell bra. I’m sure Ariel didn’t have that in the movie.
4. In Thebes, Megara wears a simple purple Grecian gown.
Yes, I know Megara isn’t an official Disney Princess. But being a daughter of Creon, she’s a royal by blood. Also think this costume is amazing.
5. Looks like Queen Elsa is letting it all go at the moment.
And it seems like she’s changing her coronation dress in favor of a blue Snow Queen gown. But she had Arendale suffer eternal winter in the process.
6. Princess Anna has just put on her winter get up to search for her sister in the snow.
Well, that’s a cute costume. Not sure if it’s good for increment weather. But I like it.
7. Seems like Cinderella doesn’t like being bossed around by her wicked stepmother and ugly stepsisters.
This one has a little girl dressed up as Cinderella with Disney costumed characters. It’s kind of adorable and it seems like the evil stepmother and stepsisters are good sports.
8. Seems like the jungle has a little Jane Porter in their midst.
Sure Jane isn’t an official Disney Princess. But I think this photo op is so cute. Like the little girl’s dress.
9. Pocahontas always has a soft spot for her woodland creature friends.
This is her with Meeko the raccoon. She has hummingbird friend, too. But I forget its name. Is it Flick?
10. Man, Genie always has to appear at the worst moments does he?
I’m not sure what to think about that Jasmine costume. But I do love Genie’s.
11. Here we have Belle in the garden with a rose in hand.
And in her yellow ball gown, too. However, if she was outside, I’d think she’d be wearing something else. Like her normal blue dress.
12. Sometimes a beauty comes with a little beast.
I guess these two are brother and sister. Love the little boy’s beast outfit. So cute.
13. This steampunk Snow White comes with a goggles and gas mask.
I can tell because she’s dressed in primary colors and has an apple in hand. Still, I think this outfit is pretty.
14. Looks like Snow White isn’t the only one calling dibs on her prince.
Uh, don’t the other ladies have men in their lives? Also, Snow White’s prince doesn’t really do much of anything except kiss her out of a coma.
15. In her mother’s pink dress, Cinderella is all set for the ball.
Until her stepsisters end up defacing it to ruin at her stepmother’s insistence. Fortunately, she has her Fairy Godmother to help her this time.
16. For the love of God, Snow White, don’t take the apple.
I think this is a mother and daughter cosplay. Nevertheless, this Snow White is so adorable in her little dress.
17. This little Pocahontas is confident she can paint with all the colors of the wind.
And she doesn’t look much younger than the real Pocahontas in 1607. Still, like how they did the necklace.
18. In Disney, even a princess isn’t below dressing in rags and doing chores.
This little girl is dressed as Snow White in rags. And here she is with a Snow White at Disney. Seems so proud.
19. Jane Porter can never do without a parasol in the African jungle.
I know Jane’s outfit isn’t suited for the African climate. But a Victorian lady must keep up appearances even when it’s inconvenient.
20. As a mermaid, Ariel is bound to sparkle.
And here she is with her Prince Eric. I know that she has a mermaid dress and a sparkly bra. But it’ll do.
21. Guess this little girl makes a perfect Pocahontas.
Well, this costume is almost close to the real thing. And this girl doesn’t seem much younger than the real Pocahontas either. So cute.
22. Seems like Cinderella showed her ungrateful folks.
These women are great in their roles. And the little girl in the Cinderella gown is smiling. Love it.
23. This Belle gown seems quite fancy for some reason.
Doesn’t look like the one in Beauty and the Beast. But it doesn’t look bad. Might be a little heavy though.
24. Apparently, Jasmine has to accept that Aladdin can’t go without his little monkey.
You may notice that there are more modest Jasmine costumes out there. But this family photo op is adorable.
25. Seems like Gaston can be quite a gentlemen when he wants to.
Even so, I don’t this little Belle is going to accept him. But it makes a cute photo op.
26. For Belle, there must be something more than this provincial life.
And here she is with a book in her hand. Just like you’d see in Beauty and the Beast. Love it.
27. Looks like Ariel is spending some quality time with her father King Triton.
Maybe. But I think the guy thought that King Triton was much cooler. After all, he has a muscular build, a long white beard, and a golden trident. And he tends to sound fairly reasonable to a point.
28. Seems like Merida has chosen a suitor.
Then again, this is a couple’s costume idea. Still, I think it’s quite amusing with the guy showing off.
29. Here we have our Disney Princesses and back from the grave.
Hmmm…..zombie disney princesses. Not sure whether it’s a great idea. But it sure is an interesting one.
30. Ariel is just going to dip her feet in the water for awhile.
I think this might be a more doable Ariel costume. At least it only consists of a bow and a dress. Hope the skirt doesn’t get wet.
31. Apparently, Jasmine simply looks stunning in red.
This is a slave Jasmine costume when she was held prisoner and Jafar took over the palace. Thankfully, Aladdin had Genie around to save the day.
32. Normally, Esmeralda tends to stand near a wall waiting for people to entertain.
Well, she ‘s a Gypsy street performer in Paris. It’s part of her job. And even that has its lows now and then.
33. Come winter, you can see Belle in her red snow cape.
She wore this when she and the Beast were feeding birds. Like when the birds are all over the Beast.
34. In armor like this, Mulan took on the Huns and saved Captain Shang’s life.
However, she got wounded, was discovered as a woman, and got left for dead. However, she gets better. Like how this woman used black construction paper as armor plating.
35. Guess Belle and her B-I mean prince are doing quite well lately.
Didn’t know the Beast had a lighter hair color. But Belle’s gown sure looks stunning here.
36. Even a little Cinderella always needs a stick in hand.
Yes, it’s another little girl as Cinderella in rags. And yes, she’s just as endearing and adorable.
37. Instead of waiting for your prince to come, perhaps dress as your prince.
Unless you’re Princess Jasmine. Because women’s toplessness tends to be frowned upon. Unless she’s dressed as Prince Ali.
38. For some reason, Belle hasn’t been full of life lately.
She seems more undead than anything these days. And the blood on her dress is making her seem a bit beastly.
39. A little girl who’s wheelchair bound can go as Cinderella in her coach.
And one that can even light up, too. Really like how they did this. Girl must be so happy.
40. With providing housekeeping for a stepmother and 2 stepsisters, Cinderella can really use a break.
And it seems Cinderella has her day cut out for her. No wonder she really wanted to go to the ball.
41. Only the most worthy is worth Jasmine’s heart even if he’s a diamond in the rough.
Of course, he probably won her over by pretending to be a prince. Then again, Jasmine might’ve known better. Not sure if it’ll lead to major trust issues.
42. Anyone can be a Disney Princess. Doesn’t matter who you are.
Well, I’ve seen women dress up as superheroes and sci-fi characters. So I don’t see why a man shouldn’t dress as a Disney Princess if he wants to.
43. If you liked Frozen, then Anna and Elsa costumes are perfect for 2 sisters.
After all, the movie is a story of sisterly love. And these girls look so cute in their costumes.
44. Introducing warrior princess Jasmine.
I’m sure Jafar would never mess with a woman armed to the teeth. Note that she also keeps a pet tiger.
45. Princess and the Frog fans are sure to love Tiana’s iconic bayou dress.
I think she might be a costumed character. But I don’t see a lot of Tiana costumes around. So I have to go with what I have.
46. I bring you Disney Princesses: Hipster Edition. Because regular ones are so mainstream.
And it seems that Ariel shows more skin than Jasmine. I wonder which princess the one on the right is supposed to be. Or is that Tinkerbell?
47. Even in her finery, Merida can still kick ass.
Well, here she is in a finer dress and with her red hair in a blazing glory. Very pretty but you don’t want to mess with her.
48. Ariel’s tail has gadgets and gizmos aplenty.
Here’s Ariel with a steampunk tail. I know it might seem far-fetched. But it works.
49. As princess of Atlantis, never underestimate Kida.
She later becomes queen by the way and remains under the sea. However, she’s not counted among the Disney Princesses because her movie didn’t do well at the box office.
50. Seems like these two are nearly the perfect match.
However, the girl’s Cinderella ball gown is closer to the original movie. Despite what you see on merchandise, Cinderella is a strawberry blond and wore a silver ball gown. Not a blonde who were blue.
51. Never underestimate Rapunzel with a frying pan.
And I can tell this one didn’t come with the costume because it looks fairly modern by design. Still, this is clever cosplay.
52. This Snow white has a blue sweater and a yellow skirt for her get up.
Well, this Snow White costume seems do able. Just make sure the clothing is the right color.
53. Mulan doesn’t need a man to save China. She can save it herself.
Well, at least the armor is right. However, real armor in historical China was made of leather though.
54. As you may know, Merida learned archery from her mom.
However, their relationship becomes strained when Merida is a teenager. And she ends up turning her mom into a bear.
55. Though a redhead, Ariel doesn’t look bad in pink.
However, she has no idea that she’s using an eating utensil to comb her hair. Now that’s really unsanitary.
56. This Aurora costume almost seems once upon a dream.
Okay, Aurora doesn’t really do much in her movie. But this girl really looks cute in this costume.
57. Queen Elsa of Arendale always feels at home in the snow.
After all, most of her powers relate to winter weather, particularly ice. However, causing eternal winter didn’t have her kingdom fare well.
58. To keep warm, Pocahontas always wears moccasins.
In the movie, she tends to go barefoot even in a temperate forest. However, unlike what Disney shows you, the real Pocahontas grew up around swamp land.
59. As a warrior princess of the sea, Ariel is armed with a golden trident.
That she probably got from her dad. Hope she could handle its magical powers.
60. I’m sure Princess Aurora will wake up sooner or later.
I mean she can’t be like that forever. After all Philip has to kiss her. Or Maleficent.
61. As a human on land, Ariel makes a dress of sail and rope.
Well, it doesn’t necessarily look like this in the movie. But close enough.
62. When winter’s in the air, Elsa’s hair can be as white as snow.
However, the girl needs serious therapy. Because “Let It Go” isn’t an empowerment song, It’s a “fuck em’ all” song.
63. For Princess Anna, she can’t contain herself during the coronation.
Because it seems that Anna doesn’t have much of a life outside the palace. And doesn’t know much about men as you might learn from her relationship with Hans.
64. Looks like Mulan is all dressed up for the matchmaker.
However, in the movie, she doesn’t feel like showing off her clothes. But this woman might’ve made this Mulan outfit herself.
65. Now that Snow White’s prince has come, wonder what she’s going to do about the Seven Dwarfs.
I know it’s probably a stock costume photo. But those dwarf kids are cute. Like their outfits.
66. Apparently, Aladdin and Jasmine decided to go more formal.
I guess this is what Aladdin and Jasmine wore at the end. And Al always has to have a bare chest. But at least they match.
67. At her place, Mulan likes to saddle up with her horse.
And the horse doesn’t seem like a smartass. If you ever see Disney movies, the horses all seem to have the same kind of personality for some reason.
68. Here we have Princess Aurora with her parents.
Sure she may not do much in Sleeping Beauty. But at least she’s one of the few Disney princesses who has both parents still alive.
69. When Merida has her bow at the ready, nothing gets past her.
And she does it in her finery and with grace. Still, don’t piss her off. So cute.
70. As a warrior princess, Megara will not back down.
After all, her get up is similar to Xenia. And she’s carrying a spear. Also, her extended family has a lot of drama that’s depicted in 3 plays by Sophocles.
71. This baby Ariel is a little mermaid under the sea.
She even has Ariel’s red hair in yarn and in a braid. So adorable.
72. Seems like Princess Jasmine is covered in leather and veils.
This might be a steampunk Jasmine. She has leather on her arms and a lot of bling.
73. Hope Mulan shines with her parasol.
I guess Mulan’s matchmaker costume is quite popular. But I don’t think Mulan was ever comfortable being in that outfit or her situation there.
74. Looks like Belle and Snow White have gone all Rococo.
Well, as Cogsworth said, “If it ain’t Baroque, don’t fix it.” Still, those outfits must be very uncomfortable.
75. Rapunzel sure knows how to put flowers in her hair.
And yes, it looks pretty. Nevertheless, I wonder how Rapunzel keeps her hair so clean, neat, and shiny. Magic?
76. As a princess, Snow White must always keep with fashion.
I’ve wanted to put this one in my Disney costume post. But I ran out of room. So it goes here.
77. To escape from her daddy’s control, Jasmine leaves home dressed as a peasant.
But as with any rich girl, she has no idea what to do once she’s in the streets. That’s where she meets Aladdin.
78. Sometimes being a Disney Princess isn’t all about being prim and proper.
I think these girls must be acting goofy. Still, I kind of feel for Alice being in Aurora’s grip.
79. Sometimes Belle would like to sit and read.
And here she is in a green dress. I’m sure she got it from Wardrobe. Looks nice on her.
80. Looks like Alice is going to out grow that house.
Sure Alice isn’t an official Disney Princess. But this is a really great costume I had to put on there.
81. To own a restaurant, Tiana works as a waitress to save her money.
Here she is with her friend Charlotte. Charlotte may mean well but she’s not the smartest girl in the patch.
82. With some Disney Princesses, there always has to be a perfect prince.
And I guess some of these here have more historically accurate costumes. Not sure about two of the hats.
83. As a mermaid, Ariel occasionally rises from the sea.
I’m not sure if Ariel has surfaced that way. But I think this is a fine costume.
84. For Esmeralda, there’s no better guy for her than Captain Phoebus.
Maybe in the Disney movie. However, in the original Hugo story, Phoebus is not a nice guy and only wants Esmeralda for one thing.
85. In Frozen, Prince Hans pays his respects to Queen Elsa on her coronation.
If by “respects,” you mean getting engaged to her sister in hopes of seizing her throne. Yeah, Prince Hans isn’t a nice guy. And I’m sure Queen Elsa would turn him into a human popsicle if she could.
86. For Anna, Kristoff can be counted for anything.
Well, these are baby costumes. But these little ones look so adorable they just melt your heart.
87. Uh, I’m not sure if Belle should venture out in the woods alone.
This is especially during the night and in the snow. Because she and Philippe nearly fell in a frozen lake surrounded by wolves.
88. As the oldest, Merida has to look after her younger brothers.
Well, her brothers are kind of a handful. Have to note that they also turn into bear cubs.
89. As sisters, Elsa and Anna always stick it together.
However, I don’t think they could build a snowman in that kind of weather. Well, unless Elsa uses her powers.
90. None of these Disney Princesses need a man to get them out of trouble.
Because these are warrior Disney Princesses. And they have the guts to save themselves.
91. Seems like Cinderella is happy to see her Fairy Godmother.
Look, I know the Fairy Godmother should’ve been there for Cinderella sooner. But this is a very cute photo op.
92. Seems like there are 2 Jasmines in this picture.
Mostly because Jasmine is the only female character in Aladdin. Yet, this mother and daughter moment is too much.
93. Apparently, Cinderella and Belle have to show who’s better.
Yes, Cindy, rub it in Belle’s face. Nevertheless, these girls are so adorable in their dress.
94. Looks like Anna and Kristoff have just visited his troll family.
Yes, Kristoff was raised by trolls. I know it’s weird but don’t ask me. I didn’t write Frozen.
95. Looks like Elsa and Anna are on a trip down Fury Road.
This is a Mad Max Elsa and Anna. Nevertheless, between Frozen and Mad Max, I think Frozen was way better since it had way more of a plot.
96. For Mulan, there’s no better man for her than Captain Li Shang.
If you dismiss that he thought she was a guy and left her to die after finding out she wasn’t. Other than that, he’s a swell man.
97. Megara always prefers a man with god like strength who’d save her from hell and back.
However, in the original myth, Hercules and Megara don’t live happily ever after. In fact, quite the opposite.
98. For a golden ball gown, Belle wears a golden cape.
Well, in winter, anyway. And not in the movie since she goes outside like it’s nothing.
99. This Snow White comes super powered.
Best known powers are singing to woodland creatures so they can clean houses. And being the fairest in the land.
100. These princesses seem as if they come from a work of art.
These are Disney Princesses in the Art Noveau style of the late 1800s. Yet, you might still find them rather gorgeous beyond compare.