While being a woman has many disadvantages which are mainly due to the ever present ancient notion of sexism, one very important advantage of being female is that you can travel along carrying your stuff in a small fancy bag that goes around your arm and not be mercilessly teased about it. Whereas, when a man carries even a satchel in public, he’ll always be constantly made fun of by his friends for wearing a purse. As for why the notion of carrying a purse has always been a female privilege in modern day society (for guys did carry purses around during other historical periods, especially if they were rich), I can’t really be sure. But when it comes to carrying things around with them on a daily basis, the closest thing a man usually has to a purse is a wallet in his front pocket. Sure it might make make him less prone to purse snatchers, but keeping your things in wallets and pockets doesn’t really compensate for the storage space that a purse has to offer, especially in the 21st century when everyone carries smartphones that can’t fit into a man’s jean pocket. Not only that, but women have enjoyed purses that they’ve become a key fashion accessory with some being created by big name designers. Okay, maybe we do have men’s purses which is a $4 billion industry worldwide with designer brands. But really, in our modern day society, the men carrying purses stigma still remains strong, even though it results in men being more likely to lose or forget their belongings they’d need on a daily basis like their cellphones or wallets. So perhaps we need to bring back the male purse, which can lead to devastating consequences. Anyway, there are so many purse designs out there that come in shapes and sizes. Now I can go through the most stylish handbags, but I understand that many of you would be bored to tears since you’ve probably seen them in stores or catalogs. So instead, I’ll show you purses that might make you wonder how they even were designed for your reading pleasure.
- This purse literally puts the “hand” in handbag.
Not sure if I’d want to be seen carrying something like that. Might lead to people thinking I’m crazy.
2. There’s nothing more stylish than carrying your belongings around in a ball of spikes.
On the bright side, it might deter purse snatchers which helps if you’re in a very bad neighborhood. However, the spikes are probably not very sharp.
3. If you’re one of those Old Testament chicks, this purse is for you.
For some reason, Noah’s Ark seems to be a popular motif in design. Might be due to the concept of having a lot of animals on a boat.
4. This beaded ladybug purse always goes great with anything spotted and red.
You have to like the beadwork on this thing which is very intricate. Probably doesn’t come cheap.
5. Remember not to send this envelope in the mail.
Yes, this is a letter envelope purse. I know it’s not the best purse design. But if there’s a will there’s a way.
6. I’m sure there’s nothing coming out from this teapot.
Because this is a teapot purse with the zipper and handle on the top. Hope the spout is well fastened.
7. Not sure how you can store your things in a couple of cherries.
At least it has a nice knuckle handle for your fingers to grasp. But the best purses should leave your hand free.
8. This Nutella purse is simply irresistible.
Wonder if there’s a demand for this. Guess there are a lot of die hard Nutella fans out there.
9. In Paris, it’s best to travel with your own Eiffel Tower purse.
Then again, given Paris’s prominence in fashion, many people might beg to differ. Still, the Eiffel Tower purse exist for those who want to know.
10. Keep your small belongings safe in this beaded Mexican skull purse.
Sure the subject may be a little disturbing but the decoration is very intricate. Love the flowers.
11. This purse really seems to have teeth to it.
Well, in this case literally. Still, it’s the kind of change purse you’d expect Morticia Addams to have with her.
12. Think panda bears are adorable? Then check out this purse.
Well, this one zips from the side and it doesn’t use the black and white panda bear colors. But you might find it at a zoo souvenir store.
13. Keep your things with you in this purse of this Coca Cola can.
Not sure if the can is recycled or not. Wouldn’t be surprised if it is. Still, comes with a nice clasp and chain.
14. This washing machine purse is great for days at the laundromat.
Yes, this is a washing machine purse with little clothes in the front. Never seen anything like that before. Not sure why anyone would buy it.
15. Keep wrappers in your purse? Well, this one is made from them.
I’ve seen quite a few of these on Pinterest. Sometimes it’s not always apparent. But I chose this one since the wrappers really stand out here.
16. This pineapple purse might put you in a tropical mood.
The bottom part is in a basket weave to somewhat resemble a pineapple. The top has the large leaves. Try carrying that around with you.
17. These pancake purses make it seem like breakfast never leaves you.
As you see, they come in two types with the butter and syrup you see on the box as well as spotted. Which to choose is up to you.
18. This hippie fan purse might make you yearn for the days of Woodstock.
Or what you’d imagine about Woodstock anyway. However, since I saw the documentary, I have to concede that Woodstock reminds me somewhat of a disaster area towards the end.
19. This X-Ray purse comes with a rather sharp spinal image.
Yes, this purse has an X-Ray image. Yes, I know it’s freaky. But there’s a purse of it so someone must’ve thought it was cool.
20. This train engine purse is handy for on the go.
Not to mention, it’ll help you get on track, too. Like the golden fixtures on this. Definitely not cheap.
21. This jeweled jellyfish purse comes with all the ribbons.
Not sure if it was called a jellyfish purse per se. But it certainly looks like one with the dome shape and the ribbons. Kind of quaint for a sea creature that kills more people than sharks.
22. With these dog purses, you can always keep your things secure.
They come in several types though only 4 are shown here. Still, wonder what people think of anyone carrying a purse like this to work.
23. You might be able to open this purse with the right combination.
To open it turn it twice clockwise to get to the first number, counter-clockwise once to get to the second, and once clockwise to get to the third. Then again, I might have the process mixed up.
24. Ever wish you can carry your things in a Chanel bottle? Now you can.
Doesn’t hurt that the bottle is transparent, especially when you’re at the airport. Then again, maybe it does since it might contain things you don’t want others to see.
25. This beaded parrot purse has a rather tropical disposition.
Not sure if I ever saw a parrot that looked like this in real life. Then again, maybe real life parrot patterns don’t matter as much in design.
26. This jeweled rose purse surely shines a brilliant red.
Yet, it’s so pretty that you might not want to risk damaging it. Love the gold on the petals.
27. Heard this candy corn purse is all the rage on Halloween.
Then again due to its sugary wax taste, candy corn is among the most contentious Halloween candies ever. So I’m probably wrong about it being chic.
28. If you have lipstick in your makeup bag, why not have a lipstick purse?
I was going to go with a chapstick purse, but I heard it has a high tendency to get lost before you’re done with it. So I’m playing it safe.
29. Heard of a Faberge egg? How about a Faberge egg purse?
This one is in an ornate bead design. However, it wasn’t made by Faberge though. But I like it anyway.
30. Those who like their curd may want to cheddar this cheese purse.
Not sure what kind of cheese that is or whether it comes in different types. But since it’s incredibly strange, I’ll put it on this post.
31. Carry your things around in a purse with a doll’s head and feet.
Definitely a purse not to bring with you to a job interview. Or work. Or a family gathering. Or any public function at all.
32. This purse has been held together by recycled pop tabs.
Well, at least the outside is held by pop tabs. Not sure if I buy into an art that depends on people’s negative health habits. Seriously, soft drinks are really bad for you.
33. This conch shell purse certainly has plenty of space.
Well, it leaves plenty of shell room unlike the other shell purses. Not sure if I’d like to carry it around with me though.
34. This Formula race car purse will come in handy in no time.
Not sure if they have one from NASCAR. Yet, at any rate, I don’t really consider car racing a real sport.
35. This wooden purse seems to have a rather interesting design.
Looks like it’s made from light wood and is not very water resistant. I mean it has holes in it. Not very practical to say the least.
36. If you want your purse to jingle, how about one with dangling fingers?
Okay, that’s a little messed up. Doesn’t help that the fingers are painted and seem a little detatched. Creepy.
37. Remember those instant Polaroid cameras? Well, there’s a purse of that.
I call these type of cameras Polaroids because that’s the company that made the best known ones. But I understand Polaroid makes normal looking cameras as well.
38. Looking at her purse, you know she’s loaded.
Didn’t know the NRA had a hand in purse design. Still, this purse seems to give me the creeps.
39. This little doll purse from Chanel can keep your things safe and sound.
Looks a bit like a Russian nesting doll to me but the faces seem like you’d put on Japanese figures. Still, I think it’s cute.
40. How about keep your things in this chicken purse down on the farm?
Technically it’s a chicken medicine bag but that’s beside the point. But I thought this was worth clucking about.
41. This car purse comes in two different coats.
And you can zip through them if you want to. Then again, it looks better in black than hot pink.
42. Hope you can rewind with this audio cassette purse.
It’s also great for stumping young children who probably don’t know what an audio cassette is. Of course, they may not know what rewind is either.
43. Carrying this basketball purse will show that you’re a hit on the court.
Well, at least it has more room than a football or baseball purse. But looks just as ridiculous.
44. This Ouija board purse is great for carrying your belongings and communicating with the dead.
Make sure you’re in a private spot when you do the latter. Still, this is pretty clever.
45. This take out purse can be quite handy when you’re on the town.
Well, at least it’s more durable than an actual Chinese take out box. But I wouldn’t consider it wise to put rice in it.
46. This C-3PO purse is at your service.
Still, I think an R2-D2 purse would make more sense since he’s usually saving everyone’s ass. C-3PO usually whines or gets broken apart.
47. You know the ice bucket with a bottle of champagne? Well, there’s a purse of that.
It’s even beaded for good measure. Not sure if I’d want to take it with me but it has a nice bucket design.
48. Anyone who loves cute critters would enjoy this squirrel purse.
Even comes with its own bushy tail near the handle. Not sure about the rest of it.
49. This purse seems to be rather zippy if you look closely.
It’s made from zippers or zipper flies as you can see close up. Expect it do jingle when you carry it.
50. This skull purse is made from fine red leather.
Maybe, but it’s not one that you’d want to carry in public. People might think you’re a bit crazy. I mean this is kind of creepy.
51. Carrying this purse with you might help you get a head.
You have to wonder what kind of people are willing to buy purses like these. Because this is just really messed up.
52. Heard of a beehive haircut? How about a beehive purse?
Even has a couple bees buzzing around it. Yet, if you try to take it, you might risk getting stung.
53. Now this is a kind of purse Schrodinger would approve.
Except that there’s not a live counterpart if you get Schrodinger’s cat paradox. But this is another crazy designed purse I don’t understand.
54. Old license plates can sometimes be reused as purses if you look at these.
Okay, maybe not. But these two could make an interesting conversation piece. Do they have one for each state?
55. Fans of Silence of the Lambs would enjoy owning this Hannibal Lecter purse.
Hannibal Lecter on a purse? Seriously, this guy is a psychopathic killer who eats his victims. Having a purse of him is very messed up.
56. If you enjoy underwater life, this purse is for you.
It’s certainly a colorful display if you ask me. Not sure if you’d want to carry it around since things might fall off it after some use.
57. This dice purse comes in 6 sides like a cube.
And the sides even come in different colors as well as patterns. Well as a far as I see it.
58. This owl purse will surely be a hoot.
Seems like there’s a lot of owl stuff. Maybe it’s because they have those big eyes and distinctive face.
59. Some may think this burger purse is good enough to eat.
However, they seem to have the toppings in the wrong way. The burger goes on the bottom while everything else is on top. The cheese is usually closest to the bun.
60. Things seem to get a bit stormy in this purse.
Well, it’s a storm cloud purse with lightning bolts dangling from it. The cloud is in beads.
61. This violin purse comes with its own convenient back strap.
So if it comes with one strap, is it considered a backpack? I’m confused on whether this qualifies as one or not.
62. This jeweled peacock purse has s full feathered display.
I think this might be an older purse design since Pinterest says it’s vintage. But I like how the peacock blue stones are encased in gold.
63. This map purse may not help you get to where you need to go, but it will keep your things in order.
Yes, this is a map design purse. Not sure what it’s of. Hell, it could be some fantasy land for all I care. But I doubt it.
64. With this purse, you can be the queen of the deck.
Or in Alice in Wonderland, the ax crazy bitch who flips out over finding out that card soldiers painted her roses. I’m talking about the Queen of Hearts.
65. No, I don’t think you should put snacks in this bag.
This is a popcorn bucket purse. More durable for cardboard but not suited for food at all.
66. Hope you know the keys off of this purse.
Well, it’s a small piano keyboard. But since it’s a purse, it may not be a great for doing scales.
67. Ever wish you can carry a purse this big?
However, I’m not sure if airports would designate it as a purse or carry on luggage. Could go either way.
68. Wonder how much you can fit in a milk carton? Now you can with this purse.
Warning: Not meant for milk storage at all. Seriously, pouring milk in it might cause serious damage. But you probably knew that.
69. This rainbow ice cream purse can’t be sweeter.
It’s even encrusted so it can sparkle. Hope it brings you endless joy that you can’t get from unicorns.
70. As if anything couldn’t be sweeter, take a look at these cupcake purses.
Like the ice cream cone, they’re also encrusted with jewels to stand out. So pretty they’re almost good enough to eat. Only not really.
71. Hope you don’t take this watering can with you to the garden.
Yes, it’s a watering can purse. No, it doesn’t hold water since it’s made from cloth. There’s a difference.
72. Those who love cats, may adore these cat face purses.
Come in 4 different expressions like sad, angry, normal, and downright evil. Then again, cat faces are hard to read.
73. Ever wish you could have a purse made from a dead animal.
Chances are you might already have one made from cow leather. But this critter purse is pure taxidermy. Creepy.
74. Those who adore flower gardens will love this flowery purse.
Sure there are only red and white flowers on there. But it does seem like a sight to behold.
75. This stove purse is perfect for any diva in the kitchen.
Even depicts a pie in the oven as well as the buttons and controls. So clever.
76. This alien purse is really out of this world.
Doesn’t hurt that it’s bright green so it’s easy to see. Still, though it’s all right to believe we’re not alone in the universe, I would flip out if anyone thinks that aliens built the pyramids or are responsible for much of human civilization. Because that’s not what the historical evidence says.
77. For a more crusty surface, go with this baguette purse.
It’s not as long as the usual baguette. But save for the straps and tag, it almost seems like the real thing.
78. These cow purses are as good as any udder.
Available in two types. So if a woman carries one like this around, could you say she’s a real bossy?
79. Looks like this purse has put on a lot of hair.
Yes, it might look nice. But I’m sure the hair could get on everything. Probably go with something more practical.
80. This brass knuckle purse should help you get a grip on things.
This one even comes in a pink handle for good measure. Still, kind of find it a bit disturbing that they have a purse with a handle that’s used as a weapon.
81. This chocolate bar purse is a sure delight for chocolate lovers everywhere.
Too bad you can’t eat what’s on the outside. But you have to ask whether it’s from Hershey or Nestle.
82. This jar purse is great for anyone in a jam.
Not sure what flavor it’s supposed to be. But it almost resembles a mason jar if it weren’t for the bright blue exterior.
83. That’s a kind of crab that I’ve never seen before.
Not sure if it’s designer but it takes awhile to see the crab. But I knew when I saw its claws and feet.
84. Don’t worry, that’s a cleaver purse, not a meat cleaver.
Doesn’t help that it’s a bloodied cleaver as if it’s been used for an ax murder. Yeah, not a good purse to have.
85. There are some who thought these corset purses would be a bust.
Not sure what I think about boob chest purses. I think I might’ve saw some at Gabe’s. And even then, I kind of thought these were freaky.
86. This assault rifle purse will surely come in with a bang.
You got to be kidding me. An assault rifle purse? Then again, not as crazy as owning an actual assault rifle.
87. This dachshund will keep your things on a leash.
I saw a few of these on Pinterest. Apparently, they might be a thing. This one is in plaid.
88. Hope these guitar purses rock your world.
One of them has Elvis on the strap. The other is just a plain old guitar purse.
89. How about carrying this egg purse around at breakfast?
Might go well with a bacon strips purse. But I’m not sure if there’s a bacon purse that exists. Probably is.
90. This eye purse can see all.
Well, at least it’s not an eyeball purse. Now that would be disgusting. But this one is quite creepy.
91. If you want a sturdy purse, a log one will surely do just fine.
Seems a bit rotted doesn’t it? Then again, the log may not be real. At least I hope it’s not.
92. Follow your bliss with this fortune cookie purse.
Opens from the outer edge, Though some people open a fortune cookie quite differently like from the center.
93. Hope this purse also proves to be a valuable shield.
Well, that’s a large ornate purse she has. Sure it’s leather, but its shield seems like it was made from metal.
94. Ever wish you could put your change in a dead rat? Now you can.
Okay, that’s really disgusting. Seriously, whoever did this one has a sick imagination. Yet, on the bright side, might deter muggers.
95. This book purse seems like it’s straight off the shelf.
Well, it kind of does see that way if it weren’t for the handle. Still, love how the books are lined with gold.
96. This coffin purse surely helps nail it in.
Seems to have a mirror on the inside. Nevertheless, unless you’re Lily Munster, I’m not sure why anyone would want it.
97. This donut purse comes with its own handcuffs.
Hmmm…donuts and handcuffs. wonder what they have in common. Oh, I get it, both are associated with police.
98. Hope this purse gets through airport security without a hitch.
Because it seems to show what’s seen in the TSA X-Ray. Then again, the agent isn’t buying it.
99. I’m sure this dynamite purse isn’t a mere ticking time bomb.
Now that’s a purse you wouldn’t be able to get pass the TSA. Because it really looks like a bomb. Wonder how anyone could explain that.
100. Even Cinderella would envy you if you carry around this coach purse.
This one has silver wheels and a silver door. Sure it seems a bit from a fairy tale, but I like it.