Of course, the Christmas tree is one of the pinnacle Christmas decorations which entails taking an evergreen and decorating it with lights, ribbons, ornaments, and fancy doodads. Of course, Christmas trees were of pagan origin once used to celebrate a winter solstice holiday in the Germanic region before crossing over to Christianity. And even then, they were only a German tradition until the reign of Queen Victoria, especially after her marriage to Prince Albert who helped popularize the tradition worldwide, (especially in areas controlled by the British Empire). Ever since, the Christmas tree has become a definitive symbol of Christmas as well as one erected every public place in America during the holiday season. Of course, while many Christmas trees are beautiful and spectacular to behold, others are not so much. So without further adieu, I’ll show you pictures of some of the tackiest trees of the season as well as give you tips on how to get the perfect Christmas tree.
1. Either chop down an evergreen or get an artificial tree that looks like one (if you either don’t want to or building regulations won’t let you).
a. If artificial, make sure your tree is green.
b. If live, make sure it looks like a Christmas tree and fits in your house.
2. Stand your Christmas tree upright on a stand (Upside down trees are impossible to water and difficult to put ornaments on).
3. Choose a decent tree topper (a ribbon, angel, or star will do).
4. Don’t be a sloppy decorator.
5. If you’re doing a theme, choose a decent one.
6. Make sure your tree isn’t buried in ornaments that people could see it.
7. Go easy on the tinsel.
8. There are some things that won’t look good on a Christmas tree.
9. Keep it as PG as possible (Christmas is for family after all).
10. Make sure the tree doesn’t take over your house.
11. Remember to take proper care of your tree, especially if live.
12. Use bows and ribbons in moderation.
13. If artificial, don’t use one from a designer.
14.Make sure your tree isn’t scary looking.
15. Make sure your Christmas tree looks as symmetrical as possible.
16. Make sure you can see the ornaments if you choose to use other decorations.
Worldwide Christmas Tree Contest: http://treecontest.worldwidechristmas.com/