After much delay, I now start on my college sports posts. As the school year begins so does college football while college basketball begins sometime later which will peak at March Madness. In my area, while pretty much everyone in Western Pennsylvania roots for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Yet, come the college football games, you’ll find plenty of factions in regards to Division I sports. Some root for the Pitt Panthers. Some go for the Penn State Nittany Lions. And some support the West Virginia Mountaineers. Like their pro counterparts, you’ll find plenty of sports fans who go all out for their teams. So much so that they show up to the game in their full regalia to ridiculous proportions. They may paint their face and/or put on some crazy costume to stand out in a crowd. While some of these people have such a noteworthy presence that they’re seen as superfans. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another treasure trove of college sports fans.
- Keep an eye on the blue man behind you.
He’s just a fan of the Florida International University Panthers. And he’s cheering them on during their homecoming game.
2. Georgia Bulldogs fans always go all out with spikes and braids.
Still, I highly doubt those braids are real. Yet, I wouldn’t want to be near those spiked shoulder pads.
3. Seems like these are really rolling in the tide.
Yet, it’s very disturbing that the University of Alabama named their team after an ecosystem destroying algae. But they call it the Crimson Tide.
4. Be all painted for the University of Central Florida.
One is painted gold with weird hair. The other is painted black with a hat.
5. He’s all striped for Kansas.
And no, he’s not wearing a shirt. That red and blue is body paint, my friends. And he wears a mask to hide his identity from his folks.
6. Nothing shows your support for the Syracuse Orange like an orange clown fro.
He’s even wearing Mardi Gras beads to match. Yet, don’t ask why their mascot is an orange.
7. Paint yourself in black for the Georgia Bulldogs.
Okay, this is pretty racist since it involves blackface and grass skirts. Though I know it’s not their intention. They’re just dumb sports fans who know nothing about racial sensitivity.
8. This man is ready to Boiler Up for Purdue.
He has a Boilermaker hair and a golden lei. Not what you’d expect in Indiana.
9. Marvel superheroes always support Arizona State.
Well, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Spider Man do at least. Yet, would you want them attend a game at your college? Probably not.
10. Seems like this Halo goes for the University of Colorado Boulder.
He wears a cape and horns for his Buffaloes. And has the logo emblazoned on his chest.
11. These guys are tickled purple for TCU.
They’ve painted themselves purple and wear speedos to the game. God only knows what their grandchildren will react decades from now.
12. These women go green for Notre Dame.
Don’t worry, they’re wearing sports bras. Still, at least they’re not dressed as leprechauns.
13. Seems like the Navy has a new recruit.
Yes, it’s a grizzly bear about to eat a large shark. Apparently, the Navy will take just about anybody.
14. Apparently, UCLA has gone to the dogs.
Okay, this dog was dressed by a fan. Yet, the UCLA letters are in felt on its head.
15. You’d think these Michigan State fans belonged to the Polar Bear Club.
No, not that Polar Bear club. Since they’re wearing polar bear costumes.
16. This dog never misses a game with Boston College.
This is a dog in a Boston College shirt. And yes, a fan dressed it up.
17. Of course, you don’t want to mess with fans of the University of Hawaii.
They’re in white face paint with black markings. One even wears a black and green clown wig.
18. Some Bulldogs fans will even show up to the game in their jammies.
They even brought their red pom poms. Still, not sure if I want to wear pajamas outside sleeping.
19. These Berkeley fans turn out for their Golden Bears.
You can see them on the stands. They all have a letters spelling “Golden Bears” on their chests.
20. Orange Man is always here for Syracuse.
You can tell he roots for Syracuse from the oranges on his belt. Still, the orange foam hair is ridiculous.
21. This guy came to UCLA to see his Bruins.
He’s even wearing big yellow frame glasses with “UCLA” on them. Not sure how that helps his vision.
22. These fans are all striped for their Auburn Tigers.
They’re all wearing tiger striped body paint in blue and orange, too. And they come cheering for their team.
23. At Michigan, best be ready for the Wolverines.
Here they wear Wolverine hats and plush props. Oh, and the Michigan logos are on seats.
24. Some Notre Dame fans express their love for the Irish with their hair.
Each of them wear mohawk wigs of yellow, green, and blue. And they paint their faces in the respective colors.
25. This man is all horned up for his VCU Rowdy Rams.
This guy even wears a hat with horns. Still, he certainly stands out in a crowd.
26. This TCU fan never forgets to leave without a hat.
Apparently, that hat is a sombrero. And he’s right next to someone with purple hair.
27. This man always rolls for the Crimson Tide.
He wears a Tide box with toilet paper at both ends. Also sports a cape for Alabama.
28. Something funny is going on at Arizona State.
Apparently, Chuckles the Clown just thought he’d drop by for the Sun Devils. Though many think he’s quite terrifying.
29. These guys are all Army all the way.
No, these shirts aren’t made of really tight spandex but body paint. Not sure why.
30. These guys bring in the fuzz for Wisconsin.
Not sure if they’re hats or wigs. But you have to like the sunglasses and cape look here.
31. This woman is all dolled up for her Florida State Seminoles.
Though she should ditch the cultural appropriation. Yet, remember that fans can be quite foolish folks, especially in regards to schools with Native American mascots.
32. This man wears his hat for the Boston College Eagles.
Here he wears his hat with eagle appendages. The sides are supposed to be wings.
33. Anyone would want a picture with an FSU superhero.
Here he wears a cape as well as face paint. Yet the other guys seem to enjoy this photo op.
34. This man is utterly pumped for his Washington Huskies.
He wears shoulder pads with an army hat. Not sure why yet I don’t want to mess with him.
35. These Berkeley guys team up for the Golden Bear.
Well, forming the Golden Bear on their chests. Think the body paint stuff is getting out of hand.
36. Wonder how Sponge Bob Squarepants ended up in Akron.
After all, Ohio is nowhere near the ocean. Then again, these are just Akron fans.
37. You wouldn’t guess who these people from Toledo are.
All wear golden masks and bright blue wigs. However, they must be at the masquerade ball by 5.
38. Evidently, Oklahoma Sooner fans can consists of chickens and bananas.
Actually they’re fans wearing costumes. Yet, they seem quite fixated on the game.
39. These are the kings of Texas Tech.
Okay, the crowns are in plush. Yet, you have to admire how fabulous they look in their regal robes.
40. Oregon Ducks fans always start young.
She wears her Oregon Ducks dress and shirt. And yes, she dons her very first green and yellow wig.
41. Don’t mind this Blue Devil fan.
Here he’s in a blue suit with a devil hat. Yet, only in a lighter shade of blue.
42. This Auburn fan is all out for his Tigers.
Here he’s had his body painted in blue and orange. While his head has a pom pom on each side.
43. When in doubt, wear a Viking hat or blue hair.
Well, they’re both Duke fans. One wears a horned Viking helmet. The other dons a blue bob wig.
44. You’ll never know who’d show up for a game at Colorado.
There’s a golden Hulk, a man in a yellow hat, a guy from Halo, and a banana. Yet, all have come to see the Buffaloes roam.
45. Boston College fans always keep it in the family.
Kid wears an Eagle hat. Baby is bundled in a crocheted football blanket.
46. This woman is all striped up for Florida State.
She’s wearing yellow body paint with red stripes. Though not sure about the fringe top.
47. This Alabama lady is a real super fan of the Crimson Tide.
She wears a spandex body suit with a mask and cape. Proving that superheroes don’t always need to have six packs.
48. Apparently, Waldo has turned up in Colorado.
She even has a sign out. Guess she’s not impressed with the team.
49. You can’t miss seeing this guy at Georgia Tech.
This Yellow Jackets fan is clad in a superhero outfit. Think of him as a combination between Superman and Guy Fieri.
50. This cowboy stands proud of his Iowa State.
Seems to have rather bulging muscles. But the cowboy hat and overalls are ridiculous.
51. These guys in Syracuse bleed orange.
Not sure what guy’s head they’re using. But it’s pretty hilarious.
52. Doesn’t hurt to go all out for Georgia at the sidelines.
Wonder what kind of hat he’s wearing. Is that a crow? Looks like it.
53. For Bama, these ladies don their houndsooth furs.
Though the coats seem to remind me of Cruella de Vil for some reason. But these women aren’t keen on killing puppies. At least I hope so.
54. These Bama fans roll Tide in their white suits.
Well, they have Crimson Tide stuff on their suits. And they top it all off with houndsooth hats.
55. Even Santa Claus roots for the Crimson Tide
Yet, how he manages to make it to games from the North Pole is beyond me. Also, I don’t think he’s natty in a houndsooth hat.
56. Hope this guy can keep all his oranges.
Believe it or not, he’s not from Syracuse but Clemson. But I understand why you may be mistaken.
57. Diamond pants are all the rage at Clemson.
The pants are in white, orange, and purple. But they’re quite the latest in Clemson fan fashion.
58. Apparently, the lobster shouts for Southern Methodist.
Didn’t think you’d see lobsters near Dallas, Texas. But whatever.
59. At Florida State, the bacon always cheer.
Wonder what bacon has to do with the Seminoles. Whatever the case, these guys are utterly ridiculous.
60. This Joker girl always vouches for Georgia.
Hope she doesn’t ask why you’re being so serious. Because nothing good can come of it.
61. Best to put on one’s best pimp clothes for Boise State.
Yes, it’s kind of offensive. And it’s a given that the leopard print is tacky as hell.
62. Yellow tiger stripes should always show at LSU.
Though one must cover in purple body paint first. Am I the only one who thinks body paint is ridiculous?
63. Beware of the Red Scare at Dayton.
This is a snapshot from the March Madness tournament. I don’t think the Flyers are doing so well based on the fan reactions.
64. Missouri fans never cease to make an impression.
These fans wear body paint with tiger stripes. Yet, they seem to enjoy the game.
65. This Navy fan is a real ship head.
Well, he’s wearing a ship hat. Though it seems to resemble a destroyer.
66. This Nebraska banana backs his Huskers.
I know bananas don’t grow in Nebraska. Yet, feel free to laugh at the guy’s costume nonetheless.
67. Mizzou Tiger fans rally around their king.
I bet the elder guy with the beard is a professor. Yet, he has a rather lofty crown.
68. This Ancient Roman rallies for his pokes at Oklahoma State.
Well, he wears an ancient helmet and an orange toga. He’ll probably go to a toga party with his frat after the game.
69. These Texas Longhorn fans always carry their Texas Lottery bags.
But they also wear plenty of face and body paint on their shirtless chests. Wonder where they get their bags.
70. This trooper always cheers for Southern Mississippi.
He wears an army hat and carries a small Captain American shield. Not sure why he’s got large Mardi Gras beads around his neck.
71. This Mountaineer fan always comes out for his team.
And he’s on the court in a Mountaineer onesie. Since when do they have such outfits in adult size I have no idea.
72. Hope you like these two fans at Michigan State.
They’re clad in green baseball hats and striped overalls. But they also have to show a sign, too.
73. Seems like this guy has a friend on his hat.
I don’t think it’s Brutus Buckeye. Since he’s made up like one of Gumby’s friends.
74. These Ute fans always turn out in their war bonnets.
Yes, I know this is cultural appropriation. But white sports fans neither know or care about that.
75. This Huskies fan seems a bit horse.
Well, this one’s wearing a purple horse head mask. I know weird isn’t it?
76. This Huskies fan is totally pimped out.
Wonder why people wear pimp costumes to sporting events. Guess it makes one stand out. At least this guy wears a Huskie T-shirt underneath.
77. You’ll never know who you’ll meet at Xavier.
One of them is even wearing a chicken costume. Yet, the costumes are quite outlandish nonetheless.
78. These fans at North Dakota always know how to shine.
These women wear hats with CDs on them. Hope they’re not by bands anyone likes.
79. All this guy sees is Kentucky.
His glasses say UK for University of Kentucky. Yet, he also wears blue hair to match.
80. These men wear their love for Boston College on their chests.
Well, at least they only painted their chests, which isn’t too outlandish. But body painting is still quite ridiculous nonetheless.
81. This man puts on his mask for Michigan.
He also wears a wig behind him. Thinks he looks tough. But more or less looks like an idiot.
82. These men go purple for Northwestern University.
And yes, they’re both covered in purple body paint. I know it’s crazy, but what can you do?
83. This Georgia girl goes all out for her Bulldogs.
Yes, she kind of resembles Harley Quinn. But only with her wearing spiked shoulder pads for the game.
84. A South Florida fan always goes with the horns.
Sure enough he wears a helmet with bull horns. And his chest is covered in body paint.
85. When you have to watch a Miami Hurricanes game at 1 and go to a voodoo meeting at 5.
Apparently, he kind of reminds me of a witch doctor so to speak. And why does his hat have horns?
86. Your hat can never get to high at Georgia.
Well, he’s wearing a warrior helmet with a large plume. Wonder how he gets under a doorway.
87. These guys are all checkered for the Seminoles.
These guys painted their upper bodies in red and yellow body paint. And yes, they look ridiculous.
88. The Syracuse Orange have always been a gentleman’s team.
He even sports mutton chops and wears an snazzy orange hat. Not sure about the coveralls though.
89. For some reason, Jesus goes for the TCU Horned Frogs.
He’s even holding a sign with a Bible verse geared to them. Still, TCU is a Christian school. So it fits.
90. Always help to have another pair of eyes.
His glasses have googly eyes that match his blue clown wig. And he comes to support his Syracuse Orange.
91. Everything glitters with these Seminole fans.
Yes, I know they shimmer. But you have to at least admire the effort.
92. This strange orange woman comes to the stadium for her Pokes.
Don’t know what she’s supposed to be. Though I do like her crescent moon headband.
93. I guess that Oklahoma State is doing Cats this year.
Okay, probably not. But that doesn’t stop these women from showing up in cat ears.
94. It’s best to get one’s beads on for the Miami Hurricanes.
He seems to have a lot of bling on him to boot. Still, you have to think that he moonlights as an Elton John impersonator on Saturday nights.
95. This Iowa Hawkeye fan has an interesting face mask.
Mostly consists of helmet sunglasses with a grill. Oh, and she wears a wig to complete the look.
96. This Oregon Duck fan comes in camouflaged.
He even comes with his cheerleading cowgirl. And it’s actually kind of sweet.
97. Make sure your LSU Tiger suits match.
I know it’s kind of freaky. But a pair of cowboy boots always goes nicely with the outfit.
98. Houndsooth is always where it’s at in Alabama.
Houndsooth always seems to be a staple for the Crimson Tide. Despite that such pattern is kind of garish so to speak.
99. Make sure your sleeves are fuzzy at Mizzou.
However, that doesn’t mean this guy will wear a shirt. Not sure why he decided to forego that.
100. Seems like this guy is only here for the fun.
He’s basically a Georgia Bulldogs fan dressed as a jester. Not sure why he went with red and green. Christmas game?