These are my grandparents from last year. Since my grandfather died a few weeks after that, this year will be my first Christmas without him. Though at least he had the courtesy to not die during the holidays. Yet, that didn’t do me much good since he died the week of my birthday.
Indeed, since Christmas is about family, we all have precious memories about opening presents and spending time with the ones we love. Unless, you’re spending the holidays in French castle during the 12th century. In that case, your parents are Henry II and Eleanor of Acquitaine and let’s just say you’re better off taking a tip from their daughters and spending Christmas with the in-laws. Then again, medieval royal families can be massively dysfunctional. Still, every family has their ups and downs. And it’s no exception on Christmas since there are moments that don’t go the way we plan. But sometimes these terrible times can result into hilarious photos we’ll all laugh at in hindsight. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another assortment of awkward moments from Christmas past.
- Seems like someone’s Christmas has gotten quite a bit grouchy.
Actually this family took a weird looking tree and turned it into an Oscar the Grouch Christmas tree. Yes, it’s a rather trashy yuletide touch.
2. There are some people who don’t care for surprises.
You can see that someone doesn’t like using wrapping paper on presents. But seems obligated anyway.
3. For unto us a kitten is born.
I’m sorry but using your cats in your nativity themed Christmas card will only result in fits of laughter. This is especially if a cat plays baby Jesus and an angel.
4. Apparently, cat crazies aren’t just limited to one gender.
This guy has 3 cats and a bunny rabbit. And he even sports a mullet. I’m sure there’s a reason why he hadn’t snatched a crazy cat lady by now.
5. Evidently, milk and cookies just won’t do for Santa this time around.
And here’s a young girl pouring some Stella Artois along with some nachos and salsa. Not sure if it does Santa any favors.
6. Sometimes you have to bare all to be the reindeer.
As this chubby baby has done for a Christmas card. Then the parents just add antlers.
7. It’s always the smallest among us who sense the danger.
Yes, that Santa Claus has the face of a serial killer. But only the youngest knows he’s out for blood. Run for your lives, kids!
8. This Christmas, everyone’s got the face of a dog.
Because the dog’s picture is photoshopped on the family members. And they’re all on a dolphin in a waterfall background. Seems like Cousin Phil has been on the brown acid again.
9. A tea party with your stuffed animals is precious, if you’re a child.
If you’re an adult, it just makes you look pretty pathetic. This is especially if you use such an image for your Christmas card.
10. You should always remember to keep a close eye on your children.
I’m sure photoshop had something to do with this picture. Because no parent in hell would let their kids climb up a roof, especially at their age.
11. I’m sure these kids will definitely be on Santa’s naughty list this year.
Yes, these kids have gone down a very bad road. Still, you have to wonder whether someone called child services on their parents.
12. There’s always someone who’ll receive a better present than you.
Little baby gets plush Dalmatian to snuggle. Big sister gets socks which she hates.
14. Christmas is always a time for joy.
Unfortunately, this little girl just doesn’t have it for the Christmas card. Yes, I know the holidays can be really stressful.
15. Since Laura wasn’t in our family portrait, we decided to make due.
So they stuck a photo of her face and drew in her body. I know it doesn’t really cut it.
16. “C’mon, kids, let’s look at the camera. Oh, forget it.”
Yeah, none of the little kids seem willing to cooperate. Note the kid in the front secretly envies them.
17. “Stop, in the name of the law, Santa!”
Talk about a picture that would trauamatize a child for life. Still, this is pretty hilarious even if it’s kind of inappropriate.
18. Apparently, someone didn’t think posing with Santa in pajamas was a great idea.
Timmy had a very bad feeling about this. Now he just wants to go home.
19. Sometimes there’s always someone who’s just had enough.
Yes, that little one just needs to let it all out. But the family doesn’t seem to mind one bit.
20. “All right, kids, smile for the camera.”
Evidently, these children are incredibly cranky. Seems like, “please don’t make us sit for another stupid picture.”
21. You’re never too young to be embarrassed by your parents.
The little baby isn’t having it. Still, the mom’s got huge glasses that make her resemble a cartoon character.
22. When you can’t use a Christmas tree, you can always improvise.
Though wrapping your dad in streamers and bows hardly compensates. Wonder when he’ll get lose.
23. “Hope you’re not wearing that shirt to Grandma’s, Jerry.”
Yeah, you don’t want to wear a stoner shirt to any family gatherings. Still, it’s pretty hilarious.
24. When wearing an ugly sweater, always make sure it’s appropriate for your audience.
I’m sorry, but 3 reindeer humping each other is not PG. Seriously, he just go change like now.
25. Seems like the men forgot to wear pants.
Not sure which is worse. Is it the dad in boxers or the son in long johns? Can’t decide.
26. Christmas should always be a time of good cheer.
But for parents it’s a time of stress and messes galore. Yes, these two are incredibly tired and want to relax.
27. “Here, Travis, hold the baby for awhile, will you?”
The boy’s basically like, “Oh, please, don’t make me hold the crying baby! I’ll be good.”
28. Just don’t mind the angry woman in the window.
Not sure leaving the kids with Santa is a good idea. Not when there’s a scary lady outside.
29. Sometimes Christmas is not a great time of year to be single.
Yes, she has socks and shoes on her hands. And yes, it’s pretty lame.
30. Remember to place the baby facing the camera during the photoshoot.
Still, I think the kid just fell into the rug. Almost resembles a stunt you see in cartoons.
31. “Shitter’s full.”
I think the guy works in sewage. So it’s rather spot on with the Cousin Eddie get up.
32. “Here, Zack, hold your little brother for the camera.”
Yeah, nobody wants to hold a crying baby. This boy seems especially nervous.
33. “Say your prayers, Mom and Dad.”
These kiddies so aren’t getting presents for Santa. I mean they’ve taken their parents hostages for God’s sake.
34. How do you like Dad’s new suit?
Here he’s all proud of himself in his suit of Christmas lights. A tacky showcase as I ever did see.
35. “Sorry that their dad’s not in the picture, but I used a cutout of the celebrity he most resembles.”
Yes, that’s a cut out of Eddie Murphy. I suppose this picture was taken when he was still relevant.
36. Children always show signs of demon possession at a young age.
Sure he may be harmless now. But soon the babysitters will start to disappear or die in dramatic ways. You’ve been warned.
37. Hope these kids have excellent balance.
This should always bee in the Don’t Try This at Home category. Unless you use photoshop, of course.
38. When kids go punk, they don’t go back.
Yes, teenagers really dressed like that back in the day. But his parents accept him anyway. Or at least have gotten used to it.
39. Here we have Santa with his elves, or a bunch of people dressed as Peter Pan.
Sure dressing as Santa’s elves might seem like a good idea. But when you have cone hats, Peter Pan shirts, and candy canes, it’s time to reconsider.
40. It’s normal for kids to want to imitate their parents.
Just because the parents might kiss, doesn’t mean the kids have to follow. But here you are.
41. Parents always want siblings to pose together.
The girl’s like, “Why do you want me to be the Christmas tree?” Boy’s like, “At last, sweet revenge.”
42. Sometimes children don’t want anything to do with the Christmas card photo.
And it seems the younger kids don’t want to be good boys and smile. The youngest isn’t even looking at the camera.
43. Apparently, Imperial Stormtroopers send Christmas cards to their families.
Odd, since I didn’t know Stormtroopers had dogs either. Still, I’m sure this guy can find anyone at a Star Wars convention if he wanted to.
44. Bridget wishes everyone happy holidays.
And yes, it’s just Bridget drinking her sorrows away. Someone has to find a guy for her.
45. I guess these 3 usually don’t speak to each other during the holidays.
Bet the holidays isn’t fun around this bunch. Save for the dog who can at least get love somewhere.
46. Sometimes a Santa’s work is never done.
Seems like this Santa’s just waiting for the family to sort things out or leave. Because he has a lot of kids to see.
47. Now let’s play spot the stepchild.
“Yes, it’s the one sitting on a stool while the dad plays with the other kids. I’m sure being the stepkid isn’t fun on Christmas.
48. Christmas is always a time of family togetherness.
And yes, the family just can’t get their shit together for a photo op. Even the dogs are at each other’s throats.
49. There’s something shifty about this Santa.
This Santa’s like, “Hurry up and tell me what you want for Christmas, kid, so I can rob a bank. They don’t stay open forever, you know.”
50. When the kid’s not the problem for a family photo, it can sometimes be the dog.
And here’s Scruffy humping Mom’s leg. Always have to do it at the worst time.
51. Christmas is the time when we celebrate the birth of the Prince of Peace.
No, not that prince. Since that’s Prince. But the tree surely looks a lot like “Purple Rain.”
52. Some people have simple tastes when it comes to Secret Santa.
For Scott, he just wants anything that costs $20. Preferably a gift card.
53. Sometimes Santa can’t stand the whiny brats on his lap.
Santa’s like, “Please take your screaming brat and make sure I never have to see her again. I need a freaking drink.”
54. Couples pictures should always be about love and tenderness.
Unfortunately, Rover had to relieve himself. Therefore, ruining the family Christmas card.
55. Sometimes expressing disdain takes the most subtle form.
And here is one of the girls giving a finger to the photographer. Yes, tell the camera person what you really think of them.
56. When you can’t find your Christmas stocking and it’s Christmas Eve.
Yes, Allison’s stocking is just a plain old sock from her drawer. Kind of sad if you think about it.
57. Merry Christmas from Hawaii.
And you wouldn’t know it until you see the grandmother dressed like a tacky tourist. Got to love these old timey photos.
58. No, Santa, please don’t touch him there.
Yes, this is pretty disturbing. I’m sure Santa didn’t mean anything. Because it would be horrifying if he did.
59. The girls decided to get matching outfits this year.
Yes, this straight out of the 1980s. And yes, two of them consist of polka dots.
60. This year’s Christmas theme is in the kitchen.
I’m not sure why families do stunts like this. But there you go. Must be a tradition.
61. Don’t look now but little Bobby has something up his nose.
Let’s hope it’s just his nose running. But it more likely seems like he stuck something up there.
62. Apparently, everyone had to bring their best gift bow.
Well, at least they didn’t dress up in boxes. But still, this is pretty weird.
63. No, Dad, this isn’t the time for a beer.
Yes, he’s drinking at the slide. Really setting a good example to the kids. Not.
64. Perhaps it’s not best to change the baby when the grandparents pose for a photo.
Apparently, this baby has no respect for his elders. Seems like we have a budding mooner in our midst.
65. Don’t forget to wear your blue sweatshirts for the snow.
Whole family must be freezing since they’re not wearing freaking coats. Still, lovely scenery.
66. “Have yourself a merry little Christmas.”
Evidently, these children don’t strike me as merry or joyous. In fact, quite the contrary.
67. Guess this boy’s been very naughty this year.
Actually, he doesn’t strike me much as a brat. More likely, his family’s just really into the Krampus.
68. Seems like we got some cattle rustlers there.
And all the kiddies have guns with them. Don’t like where this is going.
69. Everyone seems to have wondrous news save for Emily.
To tell the truth, I think a lot of us are Emily. Poor thing.
70. No. that isn’t how you fold napkins on a Christmas table.
Yes, they look exactly what you think they do. You’d almost think this was for a party at the Playboy mansion.