Okay, SantaCon is actually over for this year and I couldn’t do a post on it then since I was in Richmond, Virginia last weekend for my sister’s VCU graduation. But still, I have to keep the Christmas posts coming somehow. Now SantaCon is an American holiday tradition that’s an annual mass gathering where people dressed as Santa Claus or other Christmas characters parade in several world cities in a parade and pub crawl. Though originated in San Francisco as “joyful performance art” in the 1990s, it’s largest gathering is in New York City. And it’s now evolved into a “reviled bar crawl” of drunken brawling, vandalism, and disorder in New York City and elsewhere. It has resulted in fierce community resistence, especially from parents who don’t want their kids to see a naughty Santa. Other names for this are Santarchy, Santa Rampage, the Red Menace, and Santapalooza. Still, despite it’s naughty yuletide reputation, this doesn’t mean we can’t have fun with SantaCon. And as I looked on Pinterest, SantaCon has an array of unique Christmas costumes to boot. So for your reading pleasure, here is a treasury of SantaCon costumes that you might like to see. And you don’t have to take my word for it.
- Some might find sexy gingerbread lady yummy enough to eat this holiday season.
I don’t know about you. But for some reason, I don’t think food should be sexy. Seriously, that’s just wrong.
2. Of course, at SantaCon there’s bound to be one sexy Frosty the Snowman.
But I’m sure she won’t be wearing this in order to build one. Seriously, that outfit is totally unsuited for below freezing temperatures. Dressing like that will get you hypothermia.
3. He may live at the North Pole but he has a hunk of heart of burning love.
Seems like Santa Elvis has just entered the building. Has his Santa suit, red sash, big glasses, and slicked back pompadour and all. Now he’s all sleighed up.
4. Sometimes at SantaCon it’s either be present or be present.
And it seems this guy managed to fit his upper torso in a purple present box. But he asks not to be opened until Christmas.
5. Since the Nutcracker is running this season, you can’t forget the toy soldier.
Now this toy soldier costume is for women as you see. But unlike some of the costumes so far, it ain’t supposed to be sexy at all.
6. As with any winter wonderland gathering, you can’t forget the Ice Queen.
Of course, I’m sure she’s probably the slowest member of the SantaCon pub craw. However, her dress is a convenient flat surface nonetheless.
7. When it comes to Santas, a sexy one is a real treat.
I don’t mind women dressing as Santas. However, I kind of find it hard to accept one being sexy in a Santa suit. Maybe it’s just me.
8. Still, a toy soldier can always look so proper and badass in a big tall furry hat.
Yes, I know that toy soldiers usually tend to be guys. But this guy in such a costume kind of gives me the creeps for some reason. I don’t know why.
9. For lady Santa costumes, a cape and a skirt is all you need.
Now that looks kind of cute and not too sexy as some of the other costumes. However, I hope her tights keep her legs warm enough. Because they look they might freeze.
10. Now this costume looks like a cross between Santa and a Victoria’s Secret model.
Then again, if you love Christmas and have a job dancing on tables, this might be the SantaCon outfit for you. Unless the weather in your neck of the woods is below freezing of course.
11. To appear more festive at New York’s SantaCon, you might want to go as a Rockette.
Of course, you might look glamorous in such an outfit. But if it’s 32 below outside, you might want to wear it with pants.
12. Now this pink Santa outfit will make you the darling of the Santa pub crawl.
Now this one looks like a Santa nightie you might see at a Victoria’s Secret fashion show. And I’m not sure those stockings are bound to keep you warm in freezing weather either.
13. Now this woman is dressed as a gingerbread lady who’s yummy enough for Santa’s plate.
While many of these costumes certainly come from stores like Yandy or Party City, this woman has made her own. And yes, she looks so cute in it. Love the mittens.
14. If you prefer a long dress, may I suggest you dress as a Victorian caroler?
Now that really doesn’t look like something from the 1800s. Then again, if it looked authentic, it would be terribly uncomfortable and hard to fit through a door.
15. This girl at SantaCon comes as pretty as a Christmas tree.
Wait a minute, she is a Christmas tree. And it seems that she made her own costume by dressing in green with tinsel and some metal to boot.
16. For the holiday season, it helps to dress up as pretty snowflakes.
Seems like these women decided to match and make their own costume as well. Hope they don’t hit somebody with those giant snowflakes possibly made from construction paper.
17. Of course, a sexy toy soldier always has to wear a short black skirt.
Looks more like a marching band majorette uniform to me. Then again, I’m sure her legs would be freezing cold once it snows.
18. You better watch out/You better not cry/You better not pout, I’m telling you why/Santa pimp is coming to town.
Now this is a Santa who prefers you to be naughty instead of nice. Because when you’re naughty toward his ho, ho, hos, he gets paid. Yeah, he’s very naughty as well.
19. You can be a sexy Santa with a short red and white fur lined dress and some jingly reindeer antlers.
For the love of God, can’t we not sexualize Santa for once? He’s a jolly fat man with a white beard. And yet, they make sexy Santa costumes. That’s not right.
20. Of course, we shouldn’t forget about the unsung heroes of Christmas who get absolutely no recognition: Santa’s sleigh repair crew.
You know, the guys who make sure Santa’s sleigh is up and running for Christmas Eve. Yeah, you probably never heard of them. But hey, somebody has to do it. You also forget about those who have to clean up after the reindeer, too.
21. As Santa said, “Rudolph with your nose so bright, won’t you drive my sleigh tonight.”
Now this sexy Rudolph costume is bound to make anyone look like a deer in the headlights. Then again, female reindeer do have antlers this time of year. So why not.
22. Nothing makes you a darling of SantaCon than a Santa suit and a light up ugly Christmas sweater.
Seems this guy will soon be easy for the cops to find if he’s acting too naughty at this convention. Yeah, SantaCon doesn’t really have a good reputation.
23. When it comes to being sexy Santa, why need pants?
Now this is just wrong. I’m sure no one would wear something like that at the North Pole. Still, if a guy wore that, would we call him sexy? No, we’d think he looks like an idiot.
24. A lady toy soldier always looks sharp in a red skirt and white hat.
Also looks like a marching band majorette uniform to me. Also, I don’t think the short skirt and tights are cold weather accommodating.
25. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you the Santabot 3000.
Now this is a clever costume if you think about it. However, I suppose this guy will have trouble moving around. Wonder what his gift giving efficiency rate is.
26. A candy cane costume is sure to make you look as sweet as peppermint.
I don’t know about you but she looks more like what you’d expect Candy Cane forest inhabitant to look like if Candyland was a horror movie. Then again, at least she has everything matching.
27. Seems like these presents didn’t have much wrapping to them.
I’m sure these aren’t meant for freezing conditions. Still, you probably shouldn’t unwrap them until Christmas, just to be safe.
28. When it comes to SantaCon, it’s all for one and one for all.
Now these are just Santa versions of the 3 Musketeers. And yes, they’re using candy canes instead of swords.
29. Of course, in warmer climates, Santa might don a sombrero.
I don’t know about this. Kind of think sombreros and Santa suits don’t go together. Maybe it’s just they’re clothing articles made for different climates.
30. At SantaCon, real man dress as reindeer with real animal skin.
Not sure how PETA would feel about this (then again, I do). Still, hope he’s not wearing it during deer season.
31. Of course, not all snowflake costumes are alike.
Yes, snowflakes are pretty. But this guy looks like he’s an advertising mascot for some product. I don’t know why.
32. Seems like Santa’s bound to have a blue Christmas this year.
Well, this is a blue Santa suit. And yes, they exist. Still, not sure if that’s Santa’s color.
33. Of course, tis the season for snowmen.
Now this is a rather convincing snowman costume. However, I can’t help thinking that it looks a bit creepy. Must be the eyes.
34. When one of you is a toy soldier, almost all of you have to match.
Now it’s snowing here. Then again, at least some of these girls are wearing pants. But one stands out because she’s wearing a green and red hat.
35. Looks like this Santa pimp is looking for some of his ho, ho, hos.
Yeah, don’t know what’s behind the Santa pimp costume either. Then again, I do like his candy cane suit, red fedora, and pimp candy cane.
36. Sometimes a silver Christmas tree makes a less complicated costume.
Now this one doesn’t have a lot of silver limbs on it. But I do like how she put all those bulbs on that cone hat. Very stunning.
37. During the holiday season, there’s nothing better than a sexy polar bear.
With a costume like that, you’d swear that she was a member of the polar bear club. Hope she loves to swim in freezing temperatures in that.
38. Don’t worry about them. They’re just a couple of candy canes.
Now those are clever costumes. It’s apparent how their white outfits are covered in red ribbons. And how their crooks are made from paper.
39. Now I’m not sure which one of these two is supposed to be Rudolph.
Then again, this costumes are made for both men and women. And neither of them are sexy at any means.
40. At SantaCon, save Santa the trip and be naughty.
Of course, SantaCon is the kind of event where the Christmas clad characters do all sorts of naughty things. And sometimes they dress naughty, too.
41. Now I see that this elf is a bit on the naughty side.
I don’t know about you. But from the look at this, it’s a bit too naughty for my taste. Also, I’m sure she’s bound to freeze her ass off when it’s under 32 degrees outside.
42. Never thought they’d have a sexy reindeer around at SantaCon.
Of course, I’m not sure if the antlers and red nose make this costume a bit freaky. But then again, to each his own.
43. Of course, it can be hard to participate in a pub crawl if you’re inside a snow globe.
On a positive note, at least their friends will have a designated drive. Yet, I’m sure their costumes will make that job rather difficult.
44. At SantaCon, anyone is bound to shimmer in this Santa dress.
Now this one kind of reminds me of the get up some pop stars wear on their Christmas album covers. Mariah Carey comes to mind.
45. Of course, when Santa can’t deliver his presents, the Caped Crusader takes over.
Of course, he’s not smiling because Batman really doesn’t have a merry Christmas most of the time. Yes, I know the guy needs some psychiatric counseling. Still, he looks like a badass.
46. Hey, look, it’s the Grinch with little Cindy Lou Who.
And they even have their dog dressed as Max in full reindeer attire. Oh, and they even have a sack for good measure.
47. Now this guy is all dressed and ready in his own snowman suit.
Now that guy looks quite flashy. Maybe the suit is fuzzy white and he’s wearing a scarf and hat.
48. Now this elf seems a bit on the skimpy side to me.
She reminds me of a skimpy elf you’d see at Santaland in the mall. Or some North Pole gentleman’s club.
49. Seems like this snowman really wants to be the center of attention.
Yeah, that snowman is practically taking over the whole photo. And some of the Santas are really not happy about it.
50. Now this is the kind of Christmas tree costume you can fold up and store in your attic.
Yeah, that one looks like it was made from hoops and stretchy green material. wonder what those yellow and red things are on it.
51. Seems like this Santa pimp is all about the ho, ho, hos and the benjamins.
Yes, this is my 3rd Santa pimp on this post. Yes, you see a lot of them. No, I don’t know why it’s a popular idea for SantaCon.
52. Of course, these 4 candy canes all come in a set.
Wonder what it’s like to be wearing a giant crook on your head. Might make you look like an idiot in some situations. But not on Christmas.
53. For SantaCon, a dress like this will certainly make you a winter darling.
Now this doesn’t look like it’s suited for cold weather. Better to wear it with pants outside.
54. When it comes to reindeer, you can’t ignore the one with the golden antlers.
Now this is a cute reindeer costume. Love the fuzzy cuffs and gold antlers. Nice makeup job, too.
55. Of course, Christmas wouldn’t be the same without a cute elf on the shelf.
Now normally I think elf on the shelf is a creepy phenomenon that I tend to make fun of mercilessly. But this costume is quite cute if I say so myself.
56. Now I call these ladies, “the Snowflake Girls.”
Not sure if their legs can withstand freezing temperatures. Still, I like their snowflake headbands. Very clever.
57. A snowman costume is never complete without a white tutu.
Well, at least they can keep their head and necks warm with a scarf and hat. But they could really use a coat.
58. This Christmas tree comes complete with all the trimmings.
Of course, you wouldn’t want to eat any of the candy canes. They came with her costume. Still, she must’ve spent a lot of time on this.
59. A toy soldier is never a badass unless he has his rifle.
Dear Lord, please let that gun be fake. Also, the hat and makeup job doesn’t enhance that guy’s costume at all.
60. Of course, sexy elf costumes aren’t just reserved for the ladies.
Nice try. But I don’t know if any guy could look sexy in a velvet elf costume. Yet, this guy doesn’t look half bad.
61. For elves who like turned shoes and fur trimmings, go for it.
Now that kind of looks like an elf costume David Sedaris would describe in his Santaland diaries. Yeah, I’m sure a guy wouldn’t wear it unless his job required him to.
62. If you enjoyed A Christmas Story, then you’ll love how this leg lamp lights up.
Man, little did people know that a lamp people would associate with strip club decor would now be a Christmas decoration. Of course, that was before A Christmas Story came out and attracted a lot of fans.
63. Looks like this is a job for Santaman.
Yes, Santaman will make sure all the good girls and boys will receive their presents. And that evil is vanquished once and for all.
64. The Force is strong with these Santas.
Now this consists of Princess Leia with Christmas decor, and Santa Stormtrooper, Yoda, and Chewbacca. Yes, the Force is strong with Christmas this year.
65. When it comes to Christmas hairstyles a candy cane mohawk is always fashionable.
Of course, I couldn’t pass this one up. Yeah, this Santa really looks like a real tough guy with his mohawk and jacket. This is just too hilarious to resist.
66. Hey, nobody calls Santa chicken.
Now that’s something I’ve never seen before. Hope Santa wasn’t tarred and feathered. Because that’s stuff is such a bitch to get off. Then again, he probably wasn’t.
67. Of course, being a reindeer on the mantle isn’t as great as it’s cracked up to be.
Now that’s a very clever costume. Love the deer head with antlers. But I bet it’s very hard to move around in.
68. Oh, no, it’s the Abominable Snowman!
Then again, seems that this yeti has toned down his look a bit for this year. Also, he kind of looks like a smurf with white hair and a beard.
69. Seems like Katy Perry has dressed up as a scantily clad nutcracker this year.
Of course, she most likely got this costume from some online vendor like Yandy or Party City. Because they certainly sell them. Believe me, I’ve seen it advertised.
70. If you can’t wrap your presents, then put them in a gift bag.
Now this costume certainly looks doable. All you need are large gift bags and a lot of tissue paper.
71. A tall furry hat and a pleated skirt are always essential for any lady toy soldier.
Let’s hope she’s wearing pants to keep her from freezing. Still, the hat certainly looks cool and sure seems warm and fuzzy, too.
72. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you Santa Beaker.
Of course, Santa Beaker only says one thing and thinks that Christmas is all about him. Still, this is a very clever costume if I say so myself.
73. Looks like we have a Krampus in Santa clothing in this place.
Now this is a mythical creature from Central Europe who does terrible things to very bad children on Christmas Eve. So be good and save him the trip.
74. Not sure if this guy is supposed to be Santa or some candy cane Monopoly man.
Seems like this guy has his pants all covered in money. Yet, his boots are trimmed with fur. But he sure looks trim.
75. Now instead of a white beard, this Santa seems to have a boom box and a white shag feather wig.
Then again, I’m not sure whether this guy is supposed to be Santa or not. Still, he really seems to rock it in the Christmas spirit.
76. Surely this Christmas candy fairy will bring you some much needed Christmas cheer.
Yes, this is one of those sexy costumes they gear to women. However, you have to admire the creativity on this with the wings and the Christmas tree on top. Never seen a Christmas costume like that before.
77. Of course, in Westeros, Christmas doesn’t always mean, “Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men.”
Yes, this is Game of Thrones Santa. And yes, his arsenal is on his throne. But considering how the show has a high death rate, he should be prepared for anything.
78. Darth Vader Claus would like you to come over to the merry side of the Force.
Yes, this is another Darth Vader Santa Claus. And yes, he knows what you’re getting for Christmas. Because he can feel your presents.
79. Of course, you never know who’d just turn up at SantaCon.
Yes, this is Spiderman dressed as Santa Claus. As you see he’s wearing two suits this time. And he’s taking a selfie.
80. Nevertheless, Mr. Candy Cane will always dress in red and white for the occasion.
And I see he’s wearing a Christmas bow for his suit. He also has a candy cane scarf. Sad he’s not carrying a large candy cane in his hand. That would look cool.
I never heard of Santa Con before. I bet they have a good time! I am not sure how this should be explained to the children!