Food wise, Valentine’s Day has it’s own share of goodies but usually pertains to stuff that you’d basically make for your kids during their school V-Day party event. Of course, while there may be parties, they aren’t nearly as extravagant as what you’d see on Christmas, Halloween, or the Super Bowl even. I mean, I’ve basically found no Valentine’s Day vegetable dip tray, ever. Yet, since I’ve done previous articles on treats from almost every single big holiday since Halloween, I should probably do one. After all, even if you don’t have a sweetheart this V-Day, it’s a very big holiday for treats, especially if you’re in elementary school or have child in one, especially since kids are basically obligated to bring valentines as well as treats to the whole class. And it’s usually up to the parents’ creative juices or bank account to make that possible. Not to mention, children will have to do Valentine’s Day craft projects in art class. Nevertheless, whether you’re a parent or a repressed art or culinary person, I have some treats for you that might be up your alley. So without further adieu, here are some sweet V-Day treats you might want to make for the ones you love. Still, this article might taste like diabetes since most of them are sugary sweet and may make you gag on sight of sentimentality.
1. These arrow cupcakes will basically melt your heart.
Of course, the arrows aren’t edible since they’re made with straws and paper. Still, they’re adorable if you ask me.
2. Nothing says Valentine’s Day like X’s and O’s sugar and sprinkle cookies.
Not only do these cookies represent hugs and kisses in the days before internet emoticons but they’re also great for a cookie version of Tic-Tac-Toe.
3. Sweeten up your Valentine’s Day with these lovebird cookies.
Of course, as you know being winter a lot of them roost down south. Still, it seems that one of them hasn’t been paired off yet. Maybe he’s lonely. Or she. I can’t tell with these birds.
4. Why stop making Valentine’s Day treats for your kids, when you can make some for your dog?
Yes, these are Valentine’s Day dog treats and it’s the first time I showed anything for pets on my treats post. Still, I’m not sure whether covering dog treats in icing is actually good for the dog. Seriously, I’d consult a vet about that.
5. Nothing says Valentine’s Day than a bouquet of watermelon and grapes.
Seriously, who eats watermelon in the middle of winter? It’s a summer food for God’s sake. Also, this might be made from Edible Arrangements.
6. Show your loved one you care with this heart shaped fruit salad.
Now this contains, blueberries, strawberries, kiwis, and raspberries. Basically fruits you’d consider out of season by this time of year and probably grown in California.
7. At your Valentine’s Day party, you can’t go wrong with these hotdog and cheese toothpick favors.
However, I’m not sure that the meat is even cooked or whether it’s safe to eat. Then again, it probably wouldn’t look right if it was.
8. For your kids’ Valentine’s Day events at school, I’m sure you can’t go wrong with these lovely owl brownies.
Of course, some of these owls wink while others have purplish eyes. Then again, these could just be birds for all I know. Still, adorable.
9. Show your love this Valentine’s Day by giving your sweetheart a bouquet of cupcake roses.
Of course, the best thing about these is that they’re chocolate, which means this guy probably knows my own heart (just kidding).
10. Sweeten this Valentine’s Day by carving a heart right into these apples.
Of course, this idea not only features healthy food but also is very simple to do as long as you can draw hearts right.
11. Now these hearty bear cookies are simply unbearable.
I like how all the hearts are around the creamy part of the cookie sandwiches. Seriously, these cookies are just so adorable.
12. These Valentine’s Day penguin cookies may come from the cold but they’ll melt your heart.
I’m familiar with penguins for Christmas but penguins for Valentine’s Day is a new one to me. Still, they’re very cute and tend to be made from Oreos.
13. Now these cookies show you and your loved one belong together like peanut butter and jelly.
Of course, this would be great for Jiff and Schmucker’s new ad campaigns. Not to mention, they seem to resemble more like pop tarts than pieces of bread.
14. Stomach these butterfly pretzels this Valentine’s Day.
Eat these and you’ll literally have butterflies in your stomach as far as I could see. Nevertheless, they seem too adorable to resist, especially in pink.
15. Warm up somebody’s heart this Valentine’s Day with these heart shaped calzone.
Of course, these would be nice to make on a cold winter day, especially in the middle of a snow storm. Still, might go well with the football calzones in my last treat post on Super Bowl Sunday.
16. If you can’t say it out loud, perhaps say it with cupcakes.
Then again, maybe it’s should just be for your whole class if you’re the teacher. It might sound stalkerish if all these cupcakes are for just one person.
17. These heart shaped candy cupcakes are just as sweet as can be.
Of course, the hearts themselves are the kind of processed Little Debbie cakes you probably find at the grocery store. Yet, at least they’re better than the real ones, which are from Necco.
18. Nothing is better for Valentine’s Day than these marshmallow love bugs on a stick.
Of course, some of these bugs are so hungry for love that they have hearts in their eyes. Still, very adorable as you can see.
19. Use the heart shaped candies to decorate your chocolate cake pops.
Then again, maybe the cake pops would taste better without the heart candies. I mean those things taste like a combination of sugar, chalk, and cough syrup.
20. Wake up this Valentine’s Day with a heart egg on toast.
Or as the English call it, “Toad in a Hole” or “Egg in a Basket.” Still, I’m sure someone would love this even if a child doesn’t.
21. Wish your friends luck with these red fruit roll up fortune cookies this Valentine’s Day.
Of course, I wonder what’s written on those pieces of paper. And I wonder if anyone would get the wrong idea. Still, the fruit roll up use is pretty clever.
22. Send your love to your friends this Valentine’s Day with these messaged heart cupcakes.
I hope the ones that receive the “I Love U” cakes don’t get the wrong idea. Because that could lead to certain complications.
23. Of course, this bird house love shack is place where birds can get together.
Sure gingerbread houses are mostly associated with Christmas. Yet, this one’s a Valentine’s Day one. Oh, and this one even has a little mailbox. Still, it’s probably not for eating.
24. To honor Saint Valentine’s Italian heritage (if he ever existed) here are some heart pizzas to love.
Notice that all these pizzas have red hearts on them whether they be pepperoni, pepper, or tomato. Nevertheless, there are a lot of variations here.
25. Give your loved ones these Teddy Bear cake pops to treasure.
Of course, where would we be without teddy bears on Valentine’s Day (or chocolate for that matter)? Still, these bears look so good enough to eat.
26. All these ladybugs need is someone to love.
Yes, these lady bug cookies with candy on them are adorable. Also, it’s possible that some of these can be guys despite the name.
27. Nothing says Valentine’s Day like a nice V-Day cake of a heart with roses on it.
I don’t know about you but I think the strawberry syrup covering this cake kind of reminds me of fake blood you’d see on Halloween treats.
28. Of course, what’s Valentine’s Day without some strawberry tart hearts?
Of course, unlike Monty Python’s “Dead Bishop on the Landing” sketch, these tarts don’t have any rat in them. However, the Queen of Hearts should watch out for the knave. Or the Knave should know better than to steal them, especially if he’s in Lewis Carroll’s Wonderland.
29. If you like Japanese food, try these heart sushi out for size.
Sure this sushi has carrots instead of raw fish. Yet, contrary to the common misconception, raw fish is actually optional for sushi. In fact, you can make sushi with just about anything as long as you wrap it in rice and seaweed.
30. Of course, you can’t go wrong with a heart fruit salad on Valentine’s Day.
Of course, this salad consists of cherries blueberries and strawberries all of which are out of season in February. Still, quite colorful to say the least.
31. Need something to do with your Christmas candy canes? So why don’t you make candy hearts on a stick with them for Valentine’s Day?
Of course, I’m sure that your Christmas candy canes might obviously be stale by then anyway. So maybe it’s better to keep them in the wrappers.
32. Of course, you can’t have Valentine’s Day without a heart salad?
Of course, you have to remove the toothpicks before eating the carrots and tomatoes (which might not have any). Nevertheless, this is adorable.
33. Make Valentine’s Day special with these candy heart cookies.
Of course, these sugar cookies probably taste much better than the real candy hearts which I say are basically disgusting. Seriously who thought those candy hearts were a great idea?
34. Nothing says Valentine’s Day like red velvet cheesecake hearts.
I like how these heart cheese cakes have strings coming from them as if they’re a bunch of balloons. Now that’s quite clever.
35. Of course, you can’t have Valentine’s Day without a triple decker Rice Krispie treat heart cake.
Yes, you can be sure that you’ll see a Rice Krispie dessert on this post. It’s amazing the kinds of culinary creations you can do with them. Still, this is quite adorable.
36. Sweeten up Valentine’s Day with these heart fruit kabobs.
Of course, these consist of watermelon, cantaloupe, and a melon, I think. Nevertheless, it’s cute how these kebobs are meant to look like arrows.
37. These lip cookies are certainly worth kissing for.
I wonder if they managed to find a lip cookie cutter at some kind of sex shop or something. Well, I’ve never seen such cookie cutters in any other store like that. Seriously, I haven’t.
38. Show love for your kid this Valentine’s Day with a V-Day lunch set.
Seems like this consists of 3 heart sandwiches, 3 cracker piles, a strawberry, and a couple other things. Still, it kind of seems like a bit much for child’s lunch box.
39. You can never keep too many hearts in a cookie jar of love.
Of course, I can say this since this jar is an actual cookie. Yet, I’m sure the string on the lid isn’t edible. Well, if the hearts aren’t candy.
40. Treat your valentine with these heart lattice cookies topped with gum drops.
Of course, I’d rather just pluck off the gum drops and eat the cookies. Seriously, gum drops are disgusting. Still, I have no idea how they manage to do the lattice bit.
41. Now these cupcakes are full of X’s, O’s and hearts.
Whatever’s on these cookies seem too alike to be cherries or anything grown in a garden. So they must be candies. Also, it seems that the heart team won at Tic-Tac-Toe.
42. Give your valentine a special treat with these chocolate cake pop hearts.
Now I bet you these were dipped in chocolate before being covered with sprinkles and/or heart decorations. Some more than others.
43. Of course, these Rice Krispie treats will go straight to your heart.
Like the cupcakes above the arrows are made of paper and straws. Yet, these are also covered in icing and pink drizzle.
44. Wish your loved ones good luck with these fortune cookies.
Now these aren’t real fortune cookies as you see with one of them broken in half. They’re actually sugar cookies covered in icing and sprinkles.
45. Now with these cookies, nothing can be any sweeter.
Now while most of these are hearts, some of them are quite creative. For instance, there’s a cupcake, flower, dove, a thought cloud and 2 hearts together.
46. These 3 little monsters just need a little bit of love.
Now these are just simply adorable yet I wonder what’s underneath their thick layers of icing meant to resemble fur. Probably cake.
47. These lego candy figures must have their hearts beating.
Now these are just so creative. Whoever had the idea of using Lego figures for Valentine’s Day must be some sort of genius or wizard.
48. These pretzel and gum drop arrows would go straight to your heart.
I’d just eat the pretzels and leave out the gum drops. Seriously, gum drops are disgusting candies. Yet, really cute to say the least.
49. Nothing makes a great Valentine’s Day dinner like a heart pizza.
Now I like how they have heart pepperoni on this pizza. Yet, what’s with the olives? Seriously, why? Not to mention, the yellow and white cheese.
50. Nothing says Valentine’s Day than a heart peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Now this is a nice idea for kids on V-Day. Yet, I’m not sure that leaving the jelly uncovered is a good idea, especially if you put it in a little plastic bag.
51. These Valentine cheese, pepperoni, and crackers would make perfect party appetizer.
I like how they’re used on the butterfly crackers. Also like how they have XOX in cheese and the heart shaped cheese and pepperoni.
52. Now these heart gobs are simply to die for.
Let’s just hope the pink bit isn’t strawberry flavored. I mean it’s said that strawberry and chocolate don’t taste good together.
53. Now these heart pizzas will certainly make your valentine smile.
Of course, these are among things made for kids. Still, I think these pizzas are so cute, especially with the olive eyes.
54. These Rice Krispie heart pops are simply lovely.
Of course these are covered in icing and sprinkles. Yet, these are so cute though they may contain a lot of sugar.
55. If you can’t say it with flowers, say it with these tomato tulips.
Now these tomatoes are cut, stuffed with cream cheese, and have long onions as stems. Still, a pretty clever idea if you think about. Sure won’t have these delivered to you from Edible Arrangements.
56. Treat your dog this Valentine’s Day with this iced treat bone.
I don’t know whether it’s a V-Day dog treat or a human treat emphasizing puppy love. Still, people can be quite weird with their pets sometimes they can see them too much as children.
57. Wake up your valentine with these heart cinnamon rolls.
Okay, this is very irresistible stuff as well as addicting. Nevertheless, it’s nice how they made these rolls into hearts and fit time in a dish.
58. Show your love this Valentine’s Day with these watermelon hearts.
Of course, they have watermelon hearts and orange arrow ends as well as connected by toothpicks. Still, these are so clever and healthier than some of the arrow hearts.
59. Cool down this Valentine’s Day with this heart ice cream sandwich.
Let’s hope that’s not strawberry ice cream filling because combining it with chocolate tastes disgusting. Also, I hope the lights don’t make it melt.
60. Show your sweetheart you’re hot stuff with some hearty potato chips and salsa dip.
Of course, chips and salsa might be more appropriate for a different occasion. Say, Super Bowl Sunday.
61. Have your valentine wake up to the smell of these heart doughnuts in the morning.
Of course, this would be a great valentine for your neighborhood police officer walking the beat, stereotypically speaking.
62. Now this is a great part of a complete Valentine’s Day breakfast.
Of course, there’s heart fruit salad and heart pancakes with a heart pin through them. Not to mention, sprinkle sauce to top them. Still, seems made for a kid.
63. Make Valentine’s Day a sweet occasion with these love bug cupcakes.
Sure these are full of sugar and may cause diabetes. Yet, they’re just so adorable your kids will love them.
64. Treat your valentine to these lovely striped chocolate hearts.
I don’t know about you but these are probably cakes underneath the icing. Still, since they’re chocolate, I’ll certainly eat them.
65. Make Valentine’s Day special with this large strawberry heart cake.
Methinks, this was professionally done in some sort of bakery. Seriously, I can’t see how even a housewife can have that much time on their hands.
66. Show your love with these fruit tart heart cookies this special Valentine’s Day.
Now these may look tasty to some. Yet, to many fruit cookies are just disgusting. Then again, the filling is probably just jelly.
67. Make a nice Valentine’s Day snack with these potato heart cookies.
Now these might be more appropriate for Super Bowl Sunday than Valentine’s Day. In fact, they might be more appropriate for Saint Patrick’s Day since they’re made from potato.
68. Nothing says Valentine’s Day than a bouquet of chocolate covered cookies or something.
Of course, like the heart pops, these were covered and chocolate and decorated with sprinkles. Yet, some are more intricate than others.
69. Treat your valentine than toast with a heart made of strawberry jelly, I think.
Now I think this makes up for a sweet breakfast don’t you think? Better than a heart Toad in a Hole, in my view.
70. Nothing is sweeter for Valentine’s Day than these Oreo mini cake sandwiches.
Of course, these have not just Oreo cake, but icing and sprinkles, too. Still, these are adorable and look good enough to eat.
71. For your Valentine’s Day appetizers, you can’t do wrong with heart shrimp.
Of course, this is probably for a restaurant as it seems like. Still, I know some people might find this arrangement tasty.
72. For your Valentine’s Day lunch, you might want to go with these heart sandwiches.
Of course, I’m not sure if those are regular sandwiches or BLTs. Then again, it’s okay to look under them, is it?
73. Nothing makes a Valentine’s Day dinner memorable than having heart burgers and heart potato chips.
Of course, these might be bad for your heart if you aren’t too careful. Don’t say I didn’t warn you about that.
74. Have your sweetheart wake up to these heart waffles this Valentine’s Day.
Of course, it’s a more nutritious meal if you just add the blueberries. Still, I think these might be store bought.
75. Start your sweetheart’s day with these heart nutella and strawberry pop tarts.
Of course, these pop tarts are much better for you than those you buy at a store. Nevertheless, these are adorable.
76. Now nothing makes Valentine’s Day quite romantic than having such heart sandwiches as these.
Of course, these are caviar sandwiches as you can see with the dress one. Nevertheless, they may be too expensive to make and I wouldn’t recommend it.
77. Show your love to your children with these pink love train cookies.
Now these sweet candy/cookie trains are adorable and would make wonderful treats for a child’s school V-Day bash. Man, what you can do with pink cookies and life savers.
78. Nothing says Valentine’s Day than a fruit tray of grapes and chocolate covered strawberries in a heart.
Of course, you can dip the strawberries in the chocolate fondue fountain. The grapes, not so much.
79. Of course, you can’t have Valentine’s Day without some heart candy corn.
I know that this candy is probably home made. Yet, since it’s a controversial candy for Halloween, I wouldn’t risk making candy corn for Valentine’s Day.
80. Treat your sweetheart to these Valentine’s Day jello hearts.
Of course, these are just jello squares with hearts in them. Yet, don’t ask me how someone can pull that off because I don’t really have jello that much anymore.