Now that I have peep dioramas down, it’s onto vintage Easter greeting cards. Now the card above is from Russia depicting a bus or carriage filled with spring flowers. Nevertheless, it’s a beautiful card. Anyway, greeting cards have always been a staple of holidays, especially during the olden days. And Easter is no exception. As I said before in my greeting card posts, we tend to view a lot of the past with rose colored glasses as well as imagine it as a more wholesome and refined time than it actually was. With Easter greeting cards, vintage ones might include cutesy imagery to melt your heart or beautiful illustrations like you see above. However, like my other greeting card posts, if you want the sweet vintage Easter cards with cute little bunnies, chicks, lambs, and any other animals all living in harmony, well, you’ve come to the wrong place. Because the Easter greeting cards I show here will either creep you out or have you scratching your head. So for your reading pleasure, I give you another collection of Easter cards your grandparents don’t want you to see.
- “So how much will it be for the yellow egg, ma’am?”
Notice the hen selling eggs. Remember that chickens lay them and hatch from them. So she’s most likely selling her own children, assuming they’re fertilized.
2. In Russia, it’s a tradition for children to kiss each other on the lips during the Easter season.
Uh, aren’t they’re a bit young for that? Then again, Russia has always been a miserable place.
3. “Now when these girls approach us, we throw these eggs right at them.”
Seems likes the last time these women will wear their spring dresses for a long time. So remember to watch out for egg wielding rabbits while outside.
4. On second thought, Tommy should’ve used plush rabbits for his Easter basket instead.
Using live bunnies for Easter baskets are never a good idea. Also, these bunnies are like, “We’re free! We’re free! Let’s get out of here before they kill us.”
5. On Easter, it’s well-known for chicks to compete in rowing contests.
Though I’m not sure about the water content here. Looks really brown. Also, what the hell?
6. Spring always marks the time for chicks to come out of their eggshells.
Okay, not those chicks. Even the feathery chickies are like, “What the fuck?” Seeing it’s from France, I guess absinthe had something to do with this design.
7. Apparently, these children decided to see chicks hatching a the wrong henhouse.
Then again, if I were the rooster, I’d charge at the boy, too. Because he seems to have a future as a budding serial killer.
8. You can’t have some Easter greetings without some circus dogs.
And I’m not kidding. But you have to be impressed by how Rover juggles eggs. Amazing.
9. There’s nothing more delightful on Easter than a jack-in-the-box bunny.
On second thought, that thing is absolutely terrifying. From how I see it, the chicks don’t have long to live.
10. Nothing melts your heart like seeing a child snuggling with a bunny and holding chicks.
Or as I see it the child’s like, “I’ll hug ’em, and squeeze ’em, and keep ’em forever and ever.” The bunny on the other hand, is thinking, “Oh, God help me!”
11. Easter greetings from the garden gnomes riding chickens.
And it seems like they don’t treat the chickens very well. Because they don’t seem very happy.
12. I guess this family comes hardboiled.
For God’s sake, egg people? Now that’s just really fucked up if you asked me. Seriously, why?
13. All happiness for Easter from the chicks in in the car.
Apparently, there’s that one chick who’s not enjoying the ride. Then again, having to sit on the floor isn’t much fun either.
14. Instead of the Chicken dance, chicks prefer the congo line.
Why the kids form an arch as the chicks come in, I have no idea. Nor do the chicks, apparently.
15. For an injured chick, a Jewish egg bar is always the place to go.
This just looks so wrong on so many levels. Seriously, a Jewish egg bar? Come on.
16. Nothing says best wishes on Easter like rooster riding bunnies about to slaughter each other on the battlefield.
I guess this goes along the lines of “With best Easter wishes that you may die an honorable death in battle.” Because these bunnies are at all out war for God’s sake.
17. Perhaps a romantic bunny dinner can’t be without some flowers from a chick.
However, I think Peter Cottontail just wants to have sex with Flopsy and not much else. And I think Flopsy is thinking about getting the hell out and dodge.
18. “Hey, a bunny walking chicks on a leash.”
The rabbit is like, “Listen, sweetie. Pretend this never happened.” Also, what’s with the Easter eggs growing on trees?
19. For rabbits, there’s nothing like a nice quiet morning with the family.
Except with Mopsy and Cottontail fighting each other the carrot and lettuce. Meanwhile, everyone else pretends not to notice.
20. “Look, everyone, no hands.”
Meanwhile, Hutch’s friends are taking bets on when the egg basket will fall on his head. And they’re watching because they think it’d be hilarious. Hutch is such a show-off.
21. Here we come to a little chick enjoying an egg.
Hate to say this but, that ain’t right. I mean isn’t a chick eating from an egg cannibalism? Disturbing.
22. “Back off, girl, can’t you see I’m closed? Come back later.”
Sorry, but I don’t think the Easter Bunny is in the best mood right now. So if you need eggs, too bad.
23. As an adult Peter Rabbit and his buddies would steal objects from Mr. McGregor’s house and form a band.
They were known as the Jack Rabbits and would revolutionize stomp music forever. Not sure why they have eggs though.
24. Nothing brings a happy Easter like a bunny and chick near an egg.
From Popthomology: “Insane Albino Bunny Lord demands more and more from Slave Chick.” So if Slave Chick brings more clover, will he get his unborn sibling back?
25. There’s nothing more thrilling than a chick bicycle race.
Kind of impressed how their feet can meet the pedals. However, they’re not wearing helmets.
26. If chick bike races aren’t your thing, then you might like a rabbit back race.
So there are chick jockeys riding on rabbits like they’re horses. And I thought the chick bike race was crazy. This is unbelievable.
27. A rooster is always a distinguished gentleman.
Though why it has people hands just freaks me out. Just doesn’t look right on him. Also, why is he using an egg like an accessory?
28. “Happy Easter from our henhouse to yours.”
Okay, this is just even freakier. Why the hell does this chicken family have human faces? That’s just really fucked up.
29. Of course, you can always send a religious Easter card. Usually nothing goes wrong there.
Since Jesus resurrected from the dead on Easter, a child now breaks from an egg and rains Easter eggs for all the children. Okay, that’s just wrong.
30. Easter is always a time of family togetherness.
“I’m sorry, kids, but Daddy’s never coming home for Easter since he stepped on a mine in No Man’s Land. But I’m sure he’s here in spirit watching over us. We just won’t see him.”
31. It’s always a thrill to see a chick and rabbit dance.
Yes, I know it’s kind of strange to see rabbits and chicks dancing with each other. The chick band doesn’t seem impressed.
32. Benjamin Bunny always carries a slate board and pussy willows.
How he manages to draw anything, I have absolutely no idea. But the stash seems carrot shaped.
33. For a rooster to lay eggs with chickens, he must know how to serenade her.
It helps if the rooster knows a musical instrument like a lute. Because his singing might wake up the neighborhood during the night.
34. These bunnies always know some tricks.
And it seems that the rabbit crowd loves it. Had it be a musician, it might’ve started some unstoppable breeding.
35. A child shall lead some sheep pulling an egg on a chariot.
Nevertheless, there’s something really disturbing about this. It seems that after the egg is at its destination, those lambs are mutton.
36. “Ladies and gentlemen, all aboard on the Easter Express.”
Those eggs look huge for some reason. Also, what’s with the bunnies operating a train?
37. “They’re gaining on us! Load the anti-aircraft egg cannon!”
For nothing says Easter like using colored eggs as ammunition. They’re even used to shoot down enemy airplanes.
38. Easter is always a time for eggs to find love.
Except for that one egg at the receptacle. Let’s hope he doesn’t end up like Humpty Dumpty. Also, why?
39. Seems like Jack Frost messed with the wrong herd of rabbits.
Here they have him on an egg and beaten senseless. Because bunnies show no mercy.
40. Happy Easter, compliments of the eggshell boat races.
Wonder how rabbits manage to fit in them. And why are they using on one oar? Shouldn’t they just have oars you use for kayaks?
41. Bunnies always enjoy a nice quiet tea now and then.
However, even Mopsy wants to know why Randall has to smoke his long pipe at the table. It just look strange like a hookah or something.
42. Even chicks like to take a vacation on the high seas.
Though in this case, the crowd at the dock is waiting for arrival at port. And they’re all carrying egg baskets for some reason.
43. Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Rabbit, it’s a girl.
However, everyone will know she’s adopted since it’s obvious. But I’m sure they’ll treat her like their other children. Though I’m sure they can’t keep track of them all.
44. “How about we go for a swing in an eggshell?”
Susie shouldn’t have taken the eggs with her on her lap. Since they can drop to the rabbit’s dismay.
45. With pussy willows and an eggshell outfit, she is all set for Easter.
A dress would’ve been fine. Wearing an eggshell like that just makes her look stupid. And possibly unable to sit down.
46. The rabbit pulled chick stagecoach has arrived.
Yes, I know it’s crazy using the bunnies as horses. But please, I wasn’t consulted and am just as freaked out as you are.
47. “You know what? Let’s shoot a bunch of eggs in a cannon at once.”
Well, at least they’re not shooting off fireworks. But why are they dressed in skimpy Greek outfits I don’t understand.
48. Unfortunately, Snookums couldn’t resist the temptation.
Let’s hope he escapes this with an injured tail. Because that chicken has a vicious streak a mile wide.
49. Sometimes a rabbit likes to show off in his top hat and tails.
Apparently, the chick maid isn’t impressed by his style. Well, can’t win them all.
50. “As long as we’re on the large egg, the dogs can’t get to us.”
As we all know, dogs kill rabbits. Still, I think these 2 should’ve picked a higher hiding place. Because the dogs can easily get to them.
Very strange cards! Interesting how styles have changed. Some are quite disturbing!