Now that I got some Fuckface von Clownstick inaugural angst out of the way, I should now get into the Valentine’s Day posts. And what better way to start off than with a collection of political incorrectness of crazy vintage valentines? I mean these posts have been quite successful for some time and I know plenty might see it as the only fun part of the holiday. Because like me, there are many people who spend Valentine’s Day single and sometimes going to the store seeing the hearts, candy, stuffed toys, and what not can really get to you. Of course, when people think of valentine cards, they think cutesy heart cards like this one above depicting a couple in love. Yet, if I devoted a post to all the lovey dovey valentines, you’d probably throw up. So instead, I decided to go with vintage valentines that you wouldn’t believe actually existed. I mean people sent these to each other. So I give you yet another installment of unruly vintage valentines for you to love in an unintentionally hilarious way.
- If you receive a valentine like this, then your sweetheart must work for the Pentagon.
Okay, I don’t think weapons inspired valentines are a good idea. And phallic imagery is the least of my worries here.
2. For your Semper Fi sweetheart, this Marine valentine is a real marine.
And here he’s preparing to shoot off his gun. Doesn’t help that the sentiment includes “aim to make you mine.” Mine what? Shooting target?
3. Guess it seems time for a commercial on this one.
Hey, I’m all for grand expressions of love and all. But a televised valentine is just going way too far. Seriously, you need help.
4. Nothing says romance on Valentine’s Day like allusions to shellfish.
It’s also a marriage proposal card, too, which is even more disturbing. I mean unless it’s on a plate, do lobsters ever scream romance? No.
5. Speaking of sea life, check out this crazed fish hungry for a valentine.
I know this is supposed to be a fish but the fact it has a snout full of teeth kind of baffles me. Not to mention, it’s wearing some sort of skimpy diving outfit.
6. Nothing will make you feel valued like a valentine featuring a calf.
Uh, I don’t think you’d want to use the word “veal” when pertaining to a calf. Also, it seems to stomp on the valentine.
7. “Okay, no tricky moves from you! This is a hold up, see?”
I guess the sex costume here is Wild West prostitute who’s armed and dangerous. Then again, I think a guy might want to stay away from her.
8. “I’m prepared to meet your best defense, Valentine, so you’d better be mine!”
Okay, I think this boy might as well give up. No need for the wooden swords and pots and pans. If she doesn’t want him, she doesn’t want him. He can’t force himself on her.
9. This Native American prefers to have a heart roasted.
Okay, this is kind of offensive to Native Americans. If the heart roasting doesn’t raise eyebrows, the speech should.
10. “Gosh, Valentine, don’t you just like me a ‘weenie bit?'”
Of course, this can also be interpreted as, “I’m so desperate for a girlfriend that I’ll settle for anything at this point.” Also, don’t tell me ‘weenie bit’ means what I think it does.
11. “Hose your valentine? Me!”
From Buzzfeed: “I believe there is now an Adult film with this title.” Yeah, he seems to be squeezing the nozzle a little too hard.
12. “Can’t measure my love!”
But if you can’t measure one’s love, what can you measure? Oh, wait, I think I see what might be going on here.
13. Happy Valentine’s Day, now enjoy this picture of a creepy clown dog on the violin.
This dog fiddler is the stuff of nightmares. It’s not cute, especially since it has crossed eyes. Look away, I beg of you.
14. Speaking of clowns, hope this one doesn’t play a joke.
Okay, this clown makes the Joker seem like the guy you’d want to bring to a kid’s birthday party. Even more disturbing is how he has his hand sticking out of the heart. Creepy.
15. Celebrate Valentine’s Day with love in a sausage.
However, judging by the sausage, this guy may not be looking for love. Yeah, I’m not fooled by the sausage bit.
16. “A valentine for you, I can’t help ‘mooning over you!'”
But explain to me how that rocket seems conveniently located between this girl’s legs. Oh, and she’s holding a rocket in her hand. I think I know why she might be mooning.
17. “I don’t want you to be my brother, I want you to be my valentine!”
Okay, that message is a little creepy and I saw Luke kissing Leia in The Empire Strikes Back. However, that woman’s face makes me even more uncomfortable because the skin tones certain’y don’t match.
18. “Come down ‘off your perch’ and be my valentine, you’d be a ‘birdie.'”
The fact she says this in a bird cage really makes me cringe. I guess she really wants a guy to get her out of there.
19. “Do you ‘tank’ you could love me?”
Not if you aim an actual tank at me asking that question. Seriously, military weapons have no place in valentines at all.
20. “I’m gonna plow right in and ask you to be my valentine.”
Okay, I really don’t have a great feeling about this. But at least it’s not being particularly forceful as far as I’m concerned.
21. “I’ll camp and tramp until I find a girl like you for my valentine!”
So I guess this guy says, “So you better settle down with me or else, I’m going to spend my days as a homeless guy.” Also helps if the girl’s loaded with cash.
22. Lovers, always beware of Cupid.
Is Cupid supposed to be the African tribesman that’s depicted in highly racist caricature? Got it.
23. “To be ‘frank,’ you’re ‘hot stuff!'”
Sure she may look innocent with her hotdog and fire tongs. But there’s fire down below and she’s holding the hotdog a little too tight.
24. This archer aims for your heart.
But whether he means to love you or kill you, I can’t actually decide. But he seems to have his bow and arrows out either way.
25. “Want a little ‘harem scarem,’ for your valentine?”
Uh, girl, do you know what a harem is? If you do, are implying that you want group sex or an open relationship? Or do you just want to wear a skimpy costume?
26. “I’ve got my eyes on you, dear valentine!”
However, a girl with a heart head is the stuff of nightmares. No, that’s not cute. That’s terrifying for a V-Day horror movie.
27. “I love being ;pushed around,’ valentine! I’m yours!”
You mean pushed around sucking real loud? Because that’s what vacuums do. Oh, wait, that’s kind of dirty.
28. Nothing says Valentine’s Day like being aimed at with a machine gun.
Sure that’s a military themed valentine. But still, having a machine gun in one is just fucked up. Seriously, why?
29. Speaking of military weapons, get a load of this cannon.
Seems like he’s a bit happier than expected. Hope the large gun isn’t a metaphor for an erection.
30. As we all know, a nudist is bad at hiding who she fancies.
I know what you’re thinking. How can they have a naked girl on a valentine like this? I’m still asking that question. Yes, she needs to get some clothes on.
31. “My heart pants for you!”
And it’s hung with a bunch of women’s undies on the clothes line. I can guess the hidden meaning behind that one.
32. “You will get a big piece if you will be my valentine!”
Sorry, but a dog butcher doesn’t make this valentine any less disturbing. This is especially when it has a heart on table and cleaver in paw.
33. “Light of my life, do I satisfy?”
Now that can be read in any number of ways. One of them being sexually which might be what this tom cat is implying.
34. This Valentine’s Day, you should always have 2 on a seesaw.
Up, down, just decide and don’t lead on. Of course, there are those who tend to play games with people’s hearts on the playground.
35. Hand over your heart, or else.
Because nothing says Valentine’s Day like the threat of lethal violence. How romantic!
36. “I will have an axe to grind unless you’ll be my valentine!”
So I guess this means, “If you say no, I shall have to chop you to pieces.” Sorry, but I’ll take that risk.
37. Any boy would wish to have a space themed valentine.
Kind of reminds me of Slim Pickens riding on a missile in Dr. Strangelove. Then again, it might imply something dirtier.
38. “You’re my valentine, sure as shooting.”
And he has his gun aimed like a true buckaroo. Yes, I find these gun valentines quite disturbing as always.
39. Looks like some fox’s got caught in a trap.
And he needs his valentine to open it to let his tail out. Or else he’d die. But in the meantime, he’ll just sit and smell the flowers. No need to hurry.
40. Happy Valentine’s Day from the girl who’s trying to lose weight for you.
By the way, that’s an old weight loss contraption called a fan belt. And no, it doesn’t work. Still, ladies, if you try to lose weight, don’t do it for a man.
41. Even sharks need some loving some time.
However, this green suited guy is a card shark. So I don’t think he’s the best kind of boyfriend. Because he might have a gambling problem. Or eat you alive.
42. “Slicing baloney is not my line. I love you, my valentine.”
Okay, I might want to stay away from this creepy butcher. Really don’t need that in my life.
43. If you want to show your appreciation to your teacher, this is the valentine for you.
On the other hand, teacher-student relationships should never be encouraged in any circumstances whatsoever. Doesn’t help the kid is dressed in a sailor suit and holding a ruler.
44. “I’m ready to show plenty of action, valentine, if you consent to be mine.”
Well, at least this boy is better about consent then the guys in some of these cards. But the projection is still kind of dirty.
45. Nothing says Valentine’s Day like being just out of the shower.
It’s valentines like these that make me suspect that these vintage cards were made for adults. This especially goes for the ones with people naked like this.
46. “Let’s have a real blow out today!”
Or is it supposed to be blowjob? Because that’s how I take it away from this picture.
47. Here’s a card that says, “Be my valentine, I’ll do anything like the housework.”
Well, this boy may not have much going for him. But he’ll probably succeed in picking up chicks though he may not like doing chores. Still, he’s kind of creepy.
48. “Pick out a heart but be sure it’s mine, valentine!”
Hmmm…not sure if that’s going to work since the two really don’t see eye to eye. This particularly the case when one has a freakishly long neck like an ostrich or a giraffe.
49. “Don’t be afraid, you’re going to be my valentine!”
Uh, girl, you have every right to be afraid right now. Because you’re being pursued by a monstrous shadow with a card. Yeah, run for your life now.
50. If you won’t be mind, then I’ll fade away until I’m all bones, you bonehead.
I’m sure this would be perfect if your sweetheart’s a goth. Still, such sentiments from someone might mean they really need a therapist.