Yes, I know Valentine’s Day is only a month away but it’s not one of my favorite holidays, except when it pertains to blogging about it. And posting about vintage valentines are one of these reasons since they get a lot of views during this time. So it helps that I start as early as possible. Nevertheless, when we think of Valentines Day, we tend to think of cutesy things like hearts, love, candy, and other things pertaining to this massively commercialized holiday. Another feature on Valentine’s are well, valentines, which have existed since this holiday was around. As I said some time before, when some people think of vintage valentines, they tend to think about cutesy cards like the one I showed above. Yes, it has a quote from the Bible but I’d put it on there anyway if I didn’t. Now I could show you all the lovely vintage valentines on this post. But as before you’d find them drab and bored to tears. So instead, I’ll show you more of some of the vintage valentines that make you want to scratch your head and wonder why the hell did they exist. So for your reading pleasure, I present to you some more crazy valentines from yesterday.
- This lady has a Valentine’s Day offering from her boyfriend.
Yes, you may wonder how she managed to snag a guy in the first place. However, perhaps it’s not our place to judge even though she kind of does seem like the kind of woman who’d put children in an oven.
2. Nothing shows the spirit of Valentine’s Day than a clown about to shoot himself.
Hey, man, just because she turned you down, doesn’t mean you have to end it all. It’s probably not your fault. Seriously, you need help.
3. “The blood tastes like love, I play it a song while it bleeds!”
And from the look at this boy’s face, I suspect that he’ll be on his way to become a future neighborhood psychokiller. Avoid him like the plague.
4. Nothing says Valentine’s Day than sending your sweetheart a card stealthily asking her for sex.
Yes, I know what “yank my doodle means.” And no, I really don’t want to know whether it’s a dandy. Really don’t want to know.
5. “You can’t put the ‘fire’ in my heart for you!”
Seems like there’s a fire between the girl’s legs and despite her dress about to be burnt, she seems quite excited at the boy having his hose up that’s spraying water everywhere. Now that doesn’t look right.
6. “I don’t….’aim’ to miss – I want you for my valentine!”
Yes, nothing looks better on a valentine than an image of a smoking gun. You know, something that was made to kill stuff with the pull of a trigger. Not sure if that’s appropriate for romance.
7. You can’t have cuter valentine than one of a cute witch cooking a bunch of hearts in a cauldron.
Guys, take note, if this cute witch asks for a potion of your love, you give it to her, please. Otherwise, you might end up like the others who refused her. Look in the pot.
8. Wood you be a valentine for this eager beaver?
For a rather wholesome animal, they tend to be featured on rather dirty valentines. This one is no exception, especially since the eager beaver is female and asks for wood.
9. This butcher will “stake” his heart on you.
And there he goes gleefully raising his cleaver as he cuts some meat on a wooden table. Yes, butcher themed valentines are rather disturbing to say the least.
10. “Don’t be cross, ‘gas’ who it is?”
I don’t know. Some terrifying battlefield nurse with a very inappropriate bedside manner? That’s the impression I get from this.
11. On Valentine’s Day, he’s going hunting to find a fine valentine like you.
I don’t know about you, but I’d avoid this boy with a vengeance even if he does have a box of chocolates. Seriously, that look in his eyes makes him seem like he has murder on the mind. Or he just may be an “excitable boy” (in the Warren Zevon context).
12. The Devil knows that you’ll have a hot time with him on Valentine’s Day.
Then again, I might want to take a pass on this satyr boy from hell. He just looks evil if you ask me. Then again, you should expect that from Satan.
13. Of course, nothing brings out the wholesome romantic spirit of Valentines Day than a date with ice cream.
Okay, that’s probably the most phallic ice cream cone I’ve ever seen. Yes, it’s a double header. all right, but it resembles some guy’s junk. Some guy’s junk, I tell you.
14. This bunny is loaded with love for you.
This bunny is also carrying a loaded shotgun that’s just discharged. Let’s just say this little gun toting rabbit just failed Gun Safety 101.
15. “Just say you’ll be my valentine and watch me ‘lap it up.'”
Okay, that’s not the kind of relationship anyone should have with their canine companions. Seriously, why anyone think that this card was a good idea? Why?
16. This Valentine’s Day feature: Dickie’s Romance.
A dickie t’ween you and me. I think I get the message on that one. Yet, I’m not sure if he’s talking about the movie or something else.
17. This firefighter is burning to know hose valentine are you.
Again with the fireman motifs. Still, if she says it’s not him, is the firefighter going to leave so she’ll burn to a crisp? That’s what I’m wondering.
18. “Valentine, ‘house’ my chance to ‘nail’ you for mine?”
This boy seems to have such an innocent face for an outright pervert. Yeah, this is a pretty dirty valentine asking to get some.
19. “I’m cock sure you’re meant to be my valentine!”
Not sure if the kid was being wholesome. But the moment when you see the word, “cock.” you’re bound to imagine what’s the nature of his intentions.
20. Nothing says Valentine’s Day like forcing yourself onto the object of your affections.
Uh, I don’t know about you. But I think “steal a hug” might qualify as sexual harassment since it’s totally unwanted. And he’s basically saying that he’s coming on to her whether she wants him or not. How romantic! Yeah right.
21. If you like ’em smooth and slick, then he’s the guy you want to pick.
Is that the kid from the Big Boy restaurant chain? Man, has he grown. And he seems to be way more creepy than how I remember him.
22. “You can kick me around and I won’t mind, valentine!”
Translated: “You can treat me like crap all you want but I don’t care.” Seems like such sender either is so desperate for a valentine and has no self-esteem or is a masochist. So maybe you shouldn’t lead with that.
23. “You ‘strike’ me just right, my valentine!”
Clearly, this doesn’t seem like a foundation to a healthy relationship. Sure she hit the ball that gave him a black eye by accident, but still. It’s pretty disturbing.
24. “I’m out to get you for my valentine.”
Great, I’ll be under my bed. Couldn’t possibly see anything more romantic than having my life threatened into being your valentine (sarcasm).
25. “You’re my target so be my valentine.”
Okay, so is this supposed to be a friendly request or a death threat? So I guess this guy is going to vaporize me if I say no? Brilliant!
26. Nothing says Valentine’s Day like a circus clown scaring the bejesus out of you.
Hey, at least she only saw the spider. Still, I think the clown above is even more terrifying looking. If I were her, I’d just say no way in hell.
27. “I’m axin’ you to be my valentine.”
I don’t think “axin'” is the right word here. Still, I think I’d be scared of this kid getting a hold of an ax. Seriously, I’d be afraid of him chopping me into little pieces as I sleep.
28. There’s nothing more romantic on Valentine’s Day than a guy holding you at gunpoint.
Yes, he may be a detective like you see in the old movies. But I really wouldn’t go for him since he appears to have a gun pointed right at you. Doesn’t really help if you’re looking for love.
29. Nothing makes Valentine’s Day worthwhile than a passionate embrace.
For some reason, this picture reminds me less of passionate romance and more of the time when Adrien Brody won for Best Actor at the Oscars. But I think Halle Berry took it surprisingly better than the guy in question in this card.
30. “It’ll be monstrous, valentine, if you won’t be mine.”
Okay, I think this might mean that Frankie’s not the kind of guy who takes rejection well. And that’s not good. Really not good.
31. “My Valentine, I’m pan-handling for your love.”
Now this pan headed woman is bound to cause anyone nightmares. Seriously, those eyes and that smile seem incredibly freaky that it’s scary.
32. This Valentine’s Day, tell your sweetheart how you really want it.
Yes, she seems to be a rather demure kind of girl. But had she lived around these days, I’d bet any money that she’d be a huge fan of 50 Shades of Grey. Kind of disturbing if you think about it.
33. When it comes to Valentine’s Day, nobody wants to be in the dog house.
Now it’s one thing to be sent to the dog house. But it’s insane that there’s a valentine depicting a kid being tied up in a dog house like a dog. Seriously, that’s crazy.
34. “The ‘bare fact’ is I want you for my valentine.”
Uh, how old is this girl supposed to be? Because I don’t think her appearing naked like this is appropriate for a valentine. I could be wrong.
35. You know what’s a great Valentine’s Day ride? A steamroller.
“Well, I’m a steamroller, baby, I’m bound to roll all over you./Yes, I’m a steamroller now, baby, I’m bound to roll all over you./I’m gonna inject your soul with some sweet rock ‘n roll and shoot you full of rhythm and blues.” Still, I’d clear the ground before he rolls along.
36. “I’ll be ‘burned’ up, if you won’t be my valentine.”
Does anyone think that tying yourself on a stake and setting yourself on fire a incredibly crazy? So why is there such image on a valentine. Seriously, why? That’s insane.
37. There’s nothing so romantic on Valentine’s Day than being robbed at gunpoint.
Sorry, man, but I don’t think committing daylight armed robberies is a great way to pick up chicks. Don’t mean to put you down. Just telling you like it is.
38. When it comes to sending a valentine, Disney is always a good choice.
Just make sure that they aren’t old Disney valentines. Because the old Mickey and Minnie here are utterly horrifying. And no, I don’t want Mickey to come down to earth.
39. “Please take stock in what I say – I want you for my valentine.”
Okay, this isn’t as bad as the girl being burned at the stake. But still, it’s pretty messed up. Why the hell they thought it was a good idea, I’ll never know.
40. “Tain’t so screwy, my love is permanent, be my valentine.”
To be fair, women had their hair done like this back in the day. However, nowadays, it seems to resemble some terrifying sci-fi torture device.
41. “I’d like to hog you for my valentine so….don’t squeal on me!”
Hate to squeal about this one, but this pig is terrifying. Seriously, it seems like it wants to extract some kind of evil ploy on the farmers who killed its family.
42. “Scrubbed so clean you’ll be my queen, valentine.”
For the love of God, whoever designed a creepy card like this would sure as hell be on some list of sex offenders as we speak. Seriously, this card is so inappropriate on so many levels it’s not even funny. Why the hell did they think it was a good idea? Why?
43. Nothing makes Valentine’s Day more romantic than your cannibalistic girlfriend cooking you alive.
I think for most people this would be rather nightmarish. But this guy doesn’t seem to mind as long as he gets to look at her boobs.
44. “You’re good enough to eat, valentine.”
Of course, this isn’t the kind of compliment you’d want to receive from a big hungry cat. Because for all you know, they might seriously think of devouring you.
45. “I’ll purr-sue you always, my valentine.”
Okay, this is the kind of girl you’d want to avoid. Might want to call for a restraining order if she’s ever into you. Still, I really feel bad for that cat. Poor thing.
46. When it comes to valentines, people also like receiving presents with them.
I’m sure it would be nothing that this creepy boy has in his packages. Because for all we know, they could be beating hearts of all the girls whom he murdered after they rejected his advances.
47. “Ain’t love a swell condition? I caught it from you.”
Yeah, but having a bandage around your head sure isn’t. Besides, it kind of makes this kid look a bit freaky if you ask me.
48. You can’t have Valentine’s Day without including its cherubic mascot Cupid.
And it seems like he’s preparing for some sort of home invasion as I see it. He even has a stash of arrows, a sack of hearts, and a gun. Why he’s like this, I have no idea.
49. “You’ll missile – lot if you won’t be my valentine.”
Nevertheless, kid, hold that missile long enough and I’m sure you’ll be blown from here to kingdom come. Seriously, that doesn’t look safe by any stretch of the imagination.
50. When it comes to Valentine’s Day, nothing can be more spectacular than seeing hearts in the sky.
Though with hearts flying into a spider web, I beg to differ. Still, I wouldn’t be surprised if this valentine was brought to you by somebody’s drug-induced hallucination trip.